Passholders now have to show app to get any discounts

Right now as in today in the parks it doesn’t matter
They’ll take pet much whatever you show them
So far they’ve all taken my actual plastic card
I keep mine right with my ID
Gotta show the ID do not sure how it’s any more trouble to pull out the pass card with it

I just got back from a week in WDW. No one asked me to
show them my annual pass on my phone. Twice I was given
the discount because I have a pass holder baseball cap. My
card does have the exp. date on the back -- no one ever looked
at it.

As I understand the issue, the government ID and the actual plastic Disney Passholder card are not good enough. We now also have to show them the app on our phone to show we are current passholders -- because the plastic passholder ID card does not have an expiration date. The expiration date only shows up on the app -- on the phone.
But, again, it is hit and miss as to who will ask for the proof of date of expiration. Some do and some do not.
I suppose I do not understand the issue because there is no issue.
No one as of yet has said the card wasn’t valid proof to obtain the discount. It’s not even been .00001% to ask for it electronically. It’s been 0%. That’s as of today
So as far as I’m concerned there’s not an issue
No idea why folks are turning it in to one quite honestly. It’s much ado about nothing

I just got back from a week in WDW. No one asked me to
show them my annual pass on my phone. Twice I was given
the discount because I have a pass holder baseball cap. My
card does have the exp. date on the back -- no one ever looked
at it.
I’ve had several take me at my word after the CM inquired about any discounts, not asking for any proof. The only consistent thing is none have asked for it electronically

Ours automatically applies any discounts without showing anything. At least last time we bought anything, and it's usually my DD doing it, at least for shopping.

Although we scan our items with our phone while in MDE, and hit checkout.

That produces a receipt with a barcode, they just scan that going out the door with an iPad to verify and ask if we want a bag.

Maybe eventually "they" can have a barcode on the food/drink bill, we verify it's correct and scan it while in MDE. Discount applied and bill paid.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter