"Past Disney" July 2023 Exercise Challenge

I'm so excited for my sneak preview of the Haunted Mansion tonight, that I got up early and hit the treadmill! 44 minutes Here's another past Disney moment/Core Disney Memory for me, the original 'beating heart bride in the Haunted Mansion:

Orginal_bride_Haunted_Mansion.jpg
She was so scary, tragic and romantic! For those who don't know, on her wedding day to Master Gracey (who she loved a great deal) Emily decided to play hide and seek with him. She hide in the attic in a trunk and he went to find her. Unfortunately, the trunk was an old sailor's trunk, and thus airtight. Emily died. When he found her, Master Gracey, took his own way out to join her. Hence the stretching room ceiling scene at the beginning of the ride, and Emily at the end, her heart still beating for him. *swoon* I even found her wedding ring embedded in the concrete out in front of the mansion.

Raya - 166/400

Congratulations to luvpoohandcompany and Twilight Sparkle for turning 1990s Red, and to the TEAM for turning 1980s Pink!

In MK's Tomorrowland, one building has seen four attractions come and go!

First, there was Flight to the Moon from 1971 to 1975. Then Mission to Mars from 1976 to 1993.

Next up was ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter from 1995 to 2003. I did NOT like this one.

Finally, there was Stitch's Great Escape! from 2004 to 2018 (official announcement in 2020). I'm not sure I ever saw this one.

Has anyone heard what might go in this building next? I understand it has been used for a TRON pop-up shop since the TRON opening.

I'm so excited for my sneak preview of the Haunted Mansion tonight, that I got up early and hit the treadmill! 44 minutes Here's another past Disney moment/Core Disney Memory for me, the original 'beating heart bride in the Haunted Mansion:

View attachment 780411
She was so scary, tragic and romantic! For those who don't know, on her wedding day to Master Gracey (who she loved a great deal) Emily decided to play hide and seek with him. She hide in the attic in a trunk and he went to find her. Unfortunately, the trunk was an old sailor's trunk, and thus airtight. Emily died. When he found her, Master Gracey, took his own way out to join her. Hence the stretching room ceiling scene at the beginning of the ride, and Emily at the end, her heart still beating for him. *swoon* I even found her wedding ring embedded in the concrete out in front of the mansion.

Raya - 166/400

I always found her so scary that I made my DH sit on that side of the doom buggy! Though we did have fun recreating her for our Haunted Mansion-themed Halloween decorations one year.

Hello! Popping in for an update. I missed Monday and Tuesday as we were preparing for a trip. Then yesterday, we loaded up and drove all the way across Texas to El Paso for a mission trip. Today, we spent some time walking around the city and when we got back to our rental, Jacob and I took a quick swim to cool off. +65 minutes total for the day. I'm exhausted, and we haven't even started the real work yet!
385/400

On a somber note, my maternal grandmother passed away suddenly on Tuesday. She went to the hospital at around 6am and was gone by noon. Because of our prior commitment to this mission trip (my husband is leading it), we can't make her funeral, which is on Saturday. I'm going to be about 24 hours away by car. This is the first of my grandparents that I've lost and I'm really sad to not be able to attend the service. I sent along some memories of mine to be read, but of course, it's not the same as being there. Even worse, we were planning a trip to head up to visit her and my other family the week after next. She would have gotten to meet my son for the first time, but now she won't have the chance. Sorry about this big rant, but I feel like I've not had the proper chance to get this all out in the midst of everything.

Another 50 minute walk done yesterday at the seaside with family. Truthfully we walked more than that but most of it was at a snails pace as the youngest family member has just turned 2 and she wanted out of her pram to walk with us. Anything her big brother does she wants to do too 😂. The 50 minutes I’m counting is when she was in the pram and my sister and I walked her along the promenade to try and get her to sleep while her mum had a wee break. We failed in the sleeping bit but scored on the walking and I have now met my goal for the month 🎉🎉🎉
660/650

47 minutes on the treadmill this morning. As much as I loathe getting up early, it really feels good to start my day off with an accomplishment. One of my favorite running songs is a metal cover of Moana's How far I'll go. So while it isn't really far in the past Disney, here's a moment from the recent past, waayyyyy back in 2016:
Moana - How Far I'll Go (ROCK Cover by NO RESOLVE)

Raya - 213/400

Congratulations to luvpoohandcompany and Twilight Sparkle for turning 1990s Red, and to the TEAM for turning 1980s Pink!

In MK's Tomorrowland, one building has seen four attractions come and go!

First, there was Flight to the Moon from 1971 to 1975. Then Mission to Mars from 1976 to 1993.

Next up was ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter from 1995 to 2003. I did NOT like this one.

Finally, there was Stitch's Great Escape! from 2004 to 2018 (official announcement in 2020). I'm not sure I ever saw this one.

Has anyone heard what might go in this building next? I understand it has been used for a TRON pop-up shop since the TRON opening.
I think I only did ExtraTERRORestrial once because, well, I was terrified. And I only did Stitch's Great Escape once because it was annoying.

Hello! Popping in for an update. I missed Monday and Tuesday as we were preparing for a trip. Then yesterday, we loaded up and drove all the way across Texas to El Paso for a mission trip. Today, we spent some time walking around the city and when we got back to our rental, Jacob and I took a quick swim to cool off. +65 minutes total for the day. I'm exhausted, and we haven't even started the real work yet!
385/400

On a somber note, my maternal grandmother passed away suddenly on Tuesday. She went to the hospital at around 6am and was gone by noon. Because of our prior commitment to this mission trip (my husband is leading it), we can't make her funeral, which is on Saturday. I'm going to be about 24 hours away by car. This is the first of my grandparents that I've lost and I'm really sad to not be able to attend the service. I sent along some memories of mine to be read, but of course, it's not the same as being there. Even worse, we were planning a trip to head up to visit her and my other family the week after next. She would have gotten to meet my son for the first time, but now she won't have the chance. Sorry about this big rant, but I feel like I've not had the proper chance to get this all out in the midst of everything.
So sorry for your loss.

Raya has turned 1970s Purple; Elizabeth Smith, Oneanne, and the TEAM have turned 1990s Red; and Twilight Sparkle, luvpoohandcompany, and PollyannaMom have turned 2000s Green!

A recent change at the MK is the permanent closure of Splash Mountain. Splash Mountain opened at MK in October 1992 and ran for just over thirty years, closing in January 2023. Based on the 1946 movie Song of the South, it featured the characters of the stories told by Uncle Remus (portrayed in the movie by James Baskett, who received an honorary Oscar for the performance). The song Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah also won an Academy Award.

But Song of the South is so problematic in its racial depictions that Disney has locked it away, never selling it on VHS or DVD in the U.S. In 2020, Disney announced that Splash Mountain would be replaced by Tiana's Bayou Adventure, a ride featuring Disney's first Black princess. In 2022, Disney announced that Splash Mountain at both MK and Disneyland would close in 2023, and Tiana's Bayou Adventure would open in 2024.

Splash Mountain remains in Tokyo Disneyland, with no plans for a retheme.

I've always liked Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah, but I understand Disney's reasons for retiring the theme. And it will be nice to see Tiana with an expanded presence in the parks--on a recent visit, I noticed lots of little girls wearing Tiana shirts and dresses.

385/400

Elizabeth Smith, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Thinking of you and your family today.

Another 50 minute walk done yesterday at the seaside with family. Truthfully we walked more than that but most of it was at a snails pace as the youngest family member has just turned 2 and she wanted out of her pram to walk with us. Anything her big brother does she wants to do too 😂. The 50 minutes I’m counting is when she was in the pram and my sister and I walked her along the promenade to try and get her to sleep while her mum had a wee break. We failed in the sleeping bit but scored on the walking and I have now met my goal for the month 🎉🎉🎉
660/650

Sounds like a wonderful trip!

47 minutes on the treadmill this morning. As much as I loathe getting up early, it really feels good to start my day off with an accomplishment. One of my favorite running songs is a metal cover of Moana's How far I'll go. So while it isn't really far in the past Disney, here's a moment from the recent past, waayyyyy back in 2016:
Moana - How Far I'll Go (ROCK Cover by NO RESOLVE)

Raya - 213/400

It's far enough back for Disney to consider a live-action remake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter