PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Shoppers Flu shot info
No charge for Flu shot, you do need to show Health card.
No appointments are being taken.(Walk -in only).
First come first serve.

Hugs
Mel
Adding....you might want to call. My preferred Shoppers-almost out-only a couple of doses of any strength left, and DH has dentist appointment. Second choice-out of the Senior dose.

Shoppers Flu shot info
No charge for Flu shot, you do need to show Health card.
No appointments are being taken.(Walk -in only).
First come first serve.

Hugs
Mel

Now for fun......................................:goodvibes
I think these shots are a lot better than the Flu shot.

View attachment 530672
I saw those syringes at the dollar store in the Halloween :stir: section yesterday. Looked like a great idea until I remembered gatherings are off the table this year. Of course, I could have a party for two.....

We went for our flu shots at Shoppers this afternoon. Arrived at 3:00 and a 40 min wait. There was no indication that our location was low on any dosages.

I didn't receive the 500 points that was offered for signing up for a flu-shot reminder which I did last Thurs. Filed a points inquiry around 4pm and points were rewarded within 30 minutes.

Part of me wishes that flu shots could go to those of us who always get them first. I know so many people who have said in the past that it’s not worth it and are now rushing to get it. I get why the vaccines are just first come first served, but it’s still frustrating...my family has always gotten the flu shot to protect ourselves and our community, and it feels unfair that we might have to wait.

Booking for the only place we can get it opens next week, so wish me luck!! Hearing stories of flu shot shortages makes me nervous...

If booking doesn’t t open until next week then you’re not behind anyone.

This year is unlike any other, please don’t criticize people who are doing things differently in these different times.

Part of me wishes that flu shots could go to those of us who always get them first. I know so many people who have said in the past that it’s not worth it and are now rushing to get it. I get why the vaccines are just first come first served, but it’s still frustrating...my family has always gotten the flu shot to protect ourselves and our community, and it feels unfair that we might have to wait.

Booking for the only place we can get it opens next week, so wish me luck!! Hearing stories of flu shot shortages makes me nervous...

Hi Hon
I know what you mean....
I have had to listen to tons of people (for years) tell me how they don't need the Flu shot and it's a conspiracy theory that it works,,,blah blah blah. Well every one of them is out the door to get a shot this year. I am happy they are but like you hope the government ordered enough. You are a great person and take great pride in providing good sound quality care for your family! It will be ok hon don't worry you will get the shot,,I know these days everything can seem a bit overwhelming at times.
Wishing you some pixiedust: pixie dust!!
Thinking of you
Hugs
Mel

Hi Hon
I know what you mean....
I have had to listen to tons of people (for years) tell me how they don't need the Flu shot and it's a conspiracy theory that it works,,,blah blah blah. Well every one of them is out the door to get a shot this year. I am happy they are but like you hope the government ordered enough. You are a great person and take great pride in providing good sound quality care for your family! It will be ok hon don't worry you will get the shot,,I know these days everything can seem a bit overwhelming at times.
Thinking of you
Hugs
Mel

❤️ thanks, Mel. I appreciate your positive spins on things, and your ability to see the good in people.

I guess the less negative part of my feelings to share is that I hope people continue feeling this urgency to get the flu shot every year from now on. It’s like masks—an easy way for most of us to take care of each other, and to take care of those in our community who can’t get it. We’ll see, I guess!

Sorry, just meant denominations. I purchased 2 X $50. Wondering if it made a difference if the purchase was 4 X $25 or even the $100.
But for sure keep a copy of the offer. I have had to show proof before.

I bought a $100 gc. I've done a screenshot of the offer just in case.

Offer said for every $100, so I did two $50 as well. Shoppers cashier told me to keep my receipt as they do not appear on there.

I saved an offer from last week for FRESH turkey (200 pts / $1). DH went to Superstore yesterday to buy a FROZEN turkey, but there were none left, Thank God! LOL Now we get to go today with the new flyer out buy a fresh one and get my points LOL

So my son and I went for the Flu shot today.
I went to Shoppers.ca online and pre filled the form out.
They then send you an email with a barcode to use which saved me touching their paper/pen and finding a place to fill it out.

https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/health-and-pharmacy/pharmacy-services/flu-shot
To save you time, please fill out online screening and consent form before visiting our store to receive your shot.

The wait time was 45 min,,,but there are so many people getting it I wonder if they will run out.
Thanks FigmentSpark for the heads up.
I did call my doctor's office but they don't think they will get it till the end of Oct/Nov and they are not sure how the are going to distribute it yet (appointment or walk in).

Hugs
Mel

Mel

Thanks for the heads up....before I filled out the form, I called our local Shoppers and they are doing the flu shots by appointment however they are already out of the supply they were sent. Pharmacist put my Mom and I on their waiting list for the next shipment. We have a prescription delivery this week so they are going to include two of the forms with our delivery so we can fill them out and be ready when the next shipment comes in.

How long did it take to get the email from shoppers? I just submitted my registration form, not sure if it will come today of later.

Hi Hon
I know what you mean....
Thinking of you
Hugs
Mel

Ford said they ordered 5 million doses.

There are 14 million people in Ontario.

I think they should be prioritizing the flu shot right now - seniors, health care workers, high risk individuals, etc.

I heard those can cure corona virus
Wait, what? Self-pickling can cure the 'rona? A lot more fun than injecting bleach! And if this one doesn't work, well I guess you won't really care anymore.

I always get the flu shot, but I'm not too worried about waiting a bit. I work from home now and rarely go out aside from thrice daily dog walks. I mask when indoors public places as well (pretty much just the weekly grocery run). My risk of catching is moderate (DW is a school teacher) but transmitting is low as we have collapsed our social circle. I'd rather see the shots going to those who really need them first, and I'll wait until they have had a chance to get theirs.

For those who require a flu shot for sure, I'd recommend going as soon as your location has them in stock. Ours arrived yesterday and I just received a text (I had signed up for reminders from our store) that they are waiting for more stock to arrive and cannot offer flu shots at this time.

Ironically my flu shot notice came while I was sick with what I suspect was influenza so I couldn’t go. I work with children and I get one every year. I am just a block away from Shoppers so will zip over when they get more.

We got our flu shots today. It wasn't the Shoppers that I would normally go to, but they had lots in stock, apparently. we arrived at noon and were told that there would be ~20 minute wait. It was actually 45 (they were very busy), but in and out in no time once it was our turn. Happy to have that out of the way.

We got our flu shots today. It wasn't the Shoppers that I would normally go to, but they had lots in stock, apparently. we arrived at noon and were told that there would be ~20 minute wait. It was actually 45 (they were very busy), but in and out in no time once it was our turn. Happy to have that out of the way.
Did you sign up ahead of time or just do everything when you walked in?

My family never gets the flu shot and we never get sick. DH said the one time he got the shot he had the flu three times. We will definitely get the C19 shot if anything to help eradicate the virus and do our part. I have likely just jinxed my family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter