pet peeves

Here is my favorite:

When you have been sitting waiting patiently for a parade spot for 1/2 hour or more in the heat with your 3 year old little guy, (so he can get a great view of the parade) and right before the parade starts a huge family piles in and pushes their kids in front of you and your child just so they can see the parade better. And then gets mad at you because you didn't move over to accommodate them or out of their way for them to get MORE people into your spot. :eek: :sad2:

Its the age Korie ... they all get like that :rolleyes1
Its God's way of making it easier on us to boot their behinds out of the house when they turn 18 :rotfl: :rotfl:

Of course my father's pet peeves are all those dang kids and those stupid furry characters running around... needless to say we don't take him with us very often :sad2:

Here's one I haven't seen posted before: People who decide to interfere out of the blue with what you or your family is doing. Many years ago, we had been waiting at the Epcot fountain to hear it play Standing in Motion while doing the water show. The songs are random, so you never know when a particular one will come up. Finally we got the song that we'd waited several cycles for (it's 15 mins. between songs) and DH fired up the camcorder to capture the show.

In front of the fountain, there was a mime or performer doing a little routine. I didn't even notice at first because hubby and I were focused on the water. Then some stranger walks up and starts directing hubby: "Look at that mime there! Look! You should tape him! He's so funny, why aren't you taping him?" I wanted to smack him in the head. To this day, you can still hear his innane yammering on our tape. We totally ignored him and he finally left, but I still can't figure it out...why come up and start ordering a stranger around and direct their taping? Bother your own family, not mine!

maybe not a pet peeve as much as something that angers and saddens me at the same time. that is, to see parents melting down on their kids. I feel so sad for kids who have parents displaying a fit of rage at them. I feel angry towards the parents for treating kids that way.

My pet peeve is useless threads such as this one! :rolleyes:

Honestly though, if you have a pet peeve about your vacation destination - especially one such as Disney which is THE NUMBER ONE VACATION DESTINATION IN THE WORLD, then maybe you should find somewhere else to spend your money. ;)

Heck, my kids aren't teens yet. They are 10, 8 and 6 and I am glad to be going without them this coming trip.

Don't get me wrong, I will miss them like, well, I don't know what. But we went this past August and my oldest did nothing but cry, whine, mope and stomp her feet the whole time. Meal times were misery.

Of course, we also had some wonderful, awesome, memorable times too. They have been many times and knew exactly what they wanted to do which was both good and bad as the oldest is not very flexible.

The August before last, my mom and I took my oldest and she was a dream. So I don't know what her deal was this last time. She is 10, so I am thinking that maybe..hormones coming early? ugh

DS has his moments too. :sad2: He was 8 at the last trip and will be 9 on this trip. The worst is he is NOT a morning person. And of course since the world revolves around HIM and ONLY HIM things become a problem. :scared: My almost 3 year will most likely behave better than him. :confused3

I always tell him "We are at the happiest place on Earth...now SMILE!" :laughing:

Here is my favorite:

When you have been sitting waiting patiently for a parade spot for 1/2 hour or more in the heat with your 3 year old little guy, (so he can get a great view of the parade) and right before the parade starts a huge family piles in and pushes their kids in front of you and your child just so they can see the parade better. And then gets mad at you because you didn't move over to accommodate them or out of their way for them to get MORE people into your spot. :eek: :sad2:

Whats even worse than that is waiting an hour for the fireworks and have the PERFECT spot ... I MEAN PERFECT
ALL ready and excited and your 7 year old daughter starts complaining... "I'm bored I wanna go back to the resort and swim" ..2 minutes before the fireworks start :rotfl2:

What are your pet peeves concerning Disney??

One that comes to my mind is when 1 person waits in a long line for something (i.e. to see the Fairies), and when they get close to the front of the line, their family members join them! This is not fair to everyone else who has stood in the line for the entire time to have someone walk right past them and get in without waiting. What kind of example does this send to the kids who are waiting...that it is ok to cut in front of others?? It just irritates me to no end!!

You know this one drives me nuts too!! I almost didn't get into Finding Nemo the Musical because of this. We got right to the front when the lady in front of us let in about 7 people. It was bad enough that it was rainning cats and dogs, but my whole family waited in line just as long as her. Why shouldn't her family wait with her. Anyway sorry. I will be happy to be dealing with this instead of the everyday stuff that gets on my nerves.

maybe not a pet peeve as much as something that angers and saddens me at the same time. that is, to see parents melting down on their kids. I feel so sad for kids who have parents displaying a fit of rage at them. I feel angry towards the parents for treating kids that way.

It saddens me when I see wonderful parents being tortured by their children as well :rotfl2:

My pet peeve is useless threads such as this one! :rolleyes:

Honestly though, if you have a pet peeve about your vacation destination - especially one such as Disney which is THE NUMBER ONE VACATION DESTINATION IN THE WORLD, then maybe you should find somewhere else to spend your money. ;)

:confused3
I thought we were having fun and cutting up :confused3
No place on earth is perfect and its fun to take a fun look at ourselves and what bugs us :hippie:

DS has his moments too. :sad2: He was 8 at the last trip and will be 9 on this trip. The worst is he is NOT a morning person. And of course since the world revolves around HIM and ONLY HIM things become a problem. :scared: My almost 3 year will most likely behave better than him. :confused3

I always tell him "We are at the happiest place on Earth...now SMILE!" :laughing:

I did almost the same thing with my 14 year old who was being well.. a teen and NOT happy his little sister wanted us to all ride peter pan (teen boy version of DEATH)
I told him "You stand right there, dont move or complain and shut up.. and for goodness sakes SMILE we are at the happiest place on Earth"
I got a few chuckles from the other parents in line :rotfl2:

(note for those who are sensitive to teens.. I said it with a smile on my face and in a joking manner to him... in no way did I threaten or physically harm said angel of a teen):rotfl2:

When people complain and get nasty about the Disney Transportation system. It's free, people! If it is that important to get places quickly, rent a car.:confused3 It just doesn't seem fair to yell at the bus driver, they are doing the best they can.

I love it - same here

Disney World is our happy place, so I try to leave all the pet peeves and home and smile at everyone that complains, cuts in line, stops in the middle of the sidewalk....For the time we are there we have nothing but fun. I even tell the kids to leave the all the bad attitude at home and fully enjoy their time at this magical place. When we come home they can make up for the attitude:rotfl2:

We try to go to Disney once a year and it a very special time to us all, so I don't let anyone ruin that.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Disney World is our happy place, so I try to leave all the pet peeves and home and smile at everyone that complains, cuts in line, stops in the middle of the sidewalk....For the time we are there we have nothing but fun. I even tell the kids to leave the all the bad attitude at home and fully enjoy their time at this magical place. When we come home they can make up for the attitude:rotfl2:

We try to go to Disney once a year and it a very special time to us all, so I don't let anyone ruin that.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Your attitude is something to marvel at! I love it!

My absolute favorite thing to do is to sit on a bench with some unidentified sticky substance on the seat... it just makes me so warm and fuzzy :cloud9:

Funny but VERY true story...

I was in a hot line for HM.. it was June 2003 and humid and I almost slipped up and got into a foul mood...
I took a sniff in the air and OH MY GOODNESS someone was reeking BAD ... with the heat and the humidity it was NOT PURTY... so what do I do?
I lean over to whisper to my lovely DH about the smell and guess what?! IT WAS HIM THAT STUNK :rotfl2:

He was sticky sweaty and smelling less than fresh by afternoon :rotfl2: I never laughed so hard in my life and he was clueless why I was laughing!
Needless to say I took him back to the resort to freshen up a bit after that! :hippie:

A pet peeve in general is slow-walking people.... especially when they walk as a line, side-by-side, impossible to get around.

Haha... O'Hanas!!!

My biggest pet peeve is when people spell TINKER BELL wrong. It's TWO words! She is one of the most recognizable Disney characters and some of her biggest fans spell her name wrong. I always get a good inside chuckle when I see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter