pet peeves

threads that regurgitate what was just talked about last week.

My pet peeve is useless threads such as this one! :rolleyes:

Honestly though, if you have a pet peeve about your vacation destination - especially one such as Disney which is THE NUMBER ONE VACATION DESTINATION IN THE WORLD, then maybe you should find somewhere else to spend your money. ;)

If you didn't like the thread, you didn't have to click on it & reply. :confused3

I have WAY more pet peeves about the DIS then I do about Disneyworld. The only thing that kind of get me down at the World is intollerance. I don't like it when people aren't tollerant of other people. That bums me out.

Mine is saving tables at CS restaurants while a family member waits in a long line for the food. It always seems there's be enough tables for people who actually have their food in hand if so many others weren't snagging tables before they need them. I've had empty handed people rush to grab a table before I could get to it while I've been carrying an overflowing tray and trying to wrangle two small children. Most of the time we'd be done eating by the time they got their food anyway.

Heck, my kids aren't teens yet. They are 10, 8 and 6 and I am glad to be going without them this coming trip.

Don't get me wrong, I will miss them like, well, I don't know what. But we went this past August and my oldest did nothing but cry, whine, mope and stomp her feet the whole time. Meal times were misery.

Of course, we also had some wonderful, awesome, memorable times too. They have been many times and knew exactly what they wanted to do which was both good and bad as the oldest is not very flexible.

The August before last, my mom and I took my oldest and she was a dream. So I don't know what her deal was this last time. She is 10, so I am thinking that maybe..hormones coming early? ugh

It's the "Tween" generation. I have an almost nine year old who has those very same remarkable qualities at times. :rotfl2:
Enjoy your trip.

I really don't understand what the difference is with someone waiting in line and then their family joining them? They will still take the same amount of time with the characters, at least in our case b/c one of us has stood in line for our DD at times. Why not, one of us take our daughter to check out other things while the other parent takes a break waiting in line. We've seen lots of people do it and it seems to be a common, accepted practice.

I agree with a very large group it would be a bit rude to jump in when only one in the group waited, but for 2 or 3 people?popcorn::

Mine is saving tables at CS restaurants while a family member waits in a long line for the food. It always seems there's be enough tables for people who actually have their food in hand if so many others weren't snagging tables before they need them. I've had empty handed people rush to grab a table before I could get to it while I've been carrying an overflowing tray and trying to wrangle two small children. Most of the time we'd be done eating by the time they got their food anyway.

Yes but if my family does not snag a table while I am getting food, I have to deal with them in line. Don't you know that waiting in line for food givs me five minutes of quiet. :rotfl2:

I've only been to WDW once and it was last June. I'll admit to commiting a few of the mentioned peeves but in my defense it was my very first time in the most bestest place on Earth so I didn't know the rules. I even bumped into a kid sitting on the ground waiting on Wishes *gasp* but I profusely apologized to her and her Mom who was giving me the stink eye. I was trying to get across the bridge. -oops. Why was that kid sitting down there anyhoo? I should have been looking down while I walked across the bridge instead of looking for my family I guess? Rule #1 Looking for other ppl sprawled out on a walking path are more important that accidentally falling off a bridge. :worship:

And while waiting forever in line to get on ToT my 16 yr old had to go to the bathroom. Bathroom-bathroom. We'd been there for almost 30 minutes already but he HAD to go. He left the line to RUN to the nearest restroom. after another 20 minutes we were still in line but inside finally. I call to see where he's at and he says another group would not let him come back to where we were waiting for him so he was waiting in the gift shop. We never made it back to ride ToT so maybe he'll get to ride it the next time we go, if we can ever afford to. Rule #2 wear adult diapers while on vacation so that when you are in line for an attraction others can enjoy your wunnerful aroma. Don't be selfish. :flower3:

My peeve is poopy face ppl who don't smile near enough or slow down to enjoy their vacation.

NOW get out the popcorn.:rotfl2:

I am the:worship: pet peeve! I'm sorry:confused3
I have stopped while walking to see something better, without consideration of those that are following me. I'm sorry:confused3
I have been at the head of a food line and decided to change my mind on what to eat! I'm sorry:confused3
I am responsible for the not so fresh smell on the monorail! I'm sorry:worship:
People who walk faster than me have trouble getting around me. Most think I'm a family of four walking in front of them. I'm sorry :worship:
I am the reason the busses are never there when you want them to be! I'm sorry:guilty:
I always have to go to the restroom but wait until DW is in line way ahead of me, before I get back into the line. It makes me feel as if I had a special FP! :guilty:

My only real pet peeve is all of the students I've had that will never get the chance to visit WDW. I guess all those things that bother people is nice because they get to be there and experience it first hand.

my pet peeve is when a family (consisiting of anyone of any ages) are in front of me walking slow. If i can walk around them i will, no big deal but if they are taking up the entire pathway walking slow with no room to get around them, reading the map or whatever, it absolutely drives me nuts. I am sorry but i know where i am and I know where i want to get to and i don't want to have to waddle behind you because you don't know what you are doing and holding up everyone behind you. Kindly move along to the side and let me by. I am on vacation and my vacation time is limited. I dont want to spend it behind slow people.

I simply say "Excuse me, may I please get by?". Most people have no problem moving aside. And if they do - well, I walk faster than they do!;)

OMG, 2 years ago, my mom and dd (9) went on a nice girls only trip and stayed at POP. It was August and very hot. We were about 3rd in line at the bus stop at the resort waiting to go to MK. I admit it, the bus was taking a very long time. It had to have been about 30 mins but everyone seemed to be in good spirits despite the wait and heat. There were dozens of people behind us late afternoon. So this one woman and her family a few spaces behind us start getting loud. I mean VERY loud. With full-on swearing, arm swinging and all that. They made a huge scene about getting out of line when an EPCOT bus pulls up for the 4th time while we were waiting for ONE MK bus to show up.

This lady runs up to the EPCOT driver and says "We have been waiting too long..you need to take us to MK this is crazy, I am not waiting!! bla bla bla"

So the EPCOT driver VERY nicely says that he can't switch his route but she was welcome to come aboard and ride to Epcot and then switch to a MK bus if she wanted (LOL)

So the lady VERY loudly says YES that is what I am going to do! Bye you suckers! Have fun waiting for your MK bus!! hahaa

Well...just as that bus pulled out...what do you think came around the corner? lol Yep, a MK bus. As her bus pulled out, everyone in line clapped their hands and yelled goodbye to her.

We were all very thankful she wasn't going to be on our bus.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. There is justice in the world.

I am turning 35 next month and have discovered I have ALOT of pet peeves in my old age...both on the DIS & at WDW. I love both and would love to say I am the person with the rosy glasses..really, I wish I could. But lately, I am in a mood to let my feelings be heard. I now stand up for myself on the DIS boards and at WDW. Pet Peeves are 1. rude people (which I am sounding like), 2.body odor (sorry it was your hubby..side note, can Disney not add deodorant to the ticket with a note "use before entering"),3. people who point out not-so-serious rules on the DIS (yes I know I quoted a multi pic post..SORRY) 4.Same people who use up more posts to point out your mistake than the actual mistake..then argue with you when you point that out (told you I am starting to stand up for myself) 5. my DH at Disney pointing out every little cost...come on! 6. and last but not least, the flames I am sure I will get for posting!

The only thing that upsets me is when your significant other acts like a 2 yr old and gets mad because he had to wait to get on a bus back to the resort a little longer then he would like. I did say something to him after he calmed down. I told him he was lucky he was not one of the parents waiting with 2 over tired kids, a stroller and diaper bags!! He did apologize.

The only thing that upsets me is when your significant other acts like a 2 yr old and gets mad because he had to wait to get on a bus back to the resort a little longer then he would like. I did say something to him after he calmed down. I told him he was lucky he was not one of the parents waiting with 2 over tired kids, a stroller and diaper bags!! He did apologize.
well done :thumbsup2 glad he did apologize :goodvibes

I am turning 35 next month and have discovered I have ALOT of pet peeves in my old age...both on the DIS at at WDW. I love both and would love to say I am the person with the rosy glasses..really, I wish I could. But lately, I am in a mood to let my feelings be heard. I now stand up for myself on the DIS boards and at WDW. Pet Peeves are 1. rude people (which I am sounding like), 2.body odor (sorry it was your hubby..side note, can Disney not add deodorant to the ticket with a note "use before entering"),3. people who point out not-so-serious rules on the DIS (yes I know I quoted a multi pic post..SORRY) 4.Same people who use up more posts to point out your mistake than the actual mistake..then argue with you when you point that out (told you I am starting to stand up for myself) 5. my DH at Disney pointing out every little cost...come on! 6. and last but not least, the flames I am sure I will get for posting!

Eh don't worry about it cuz it'll pass soon. I'm 40 and now I just think they're funny.

I really don't understand what the difference is with someone waiting in line and then their family joining them? They will still take the same amount of time with the characters, at least in our case b/c one of us has stood in line for our DD at times. Why not, one of us take our daughter to check out other things while the other parent takes a break waiting in line. We've seen lots of people do it and it seems to be a common, accepted practice.

I agree with a very large group it would be a bit rude to jump in when only one in the group waited, but for 2 or 3 people?popcorn::

Also, I have an autistic child and if we cant use our GAC I would like to think we could keep him to the side until we were closer... unless you want to hear him scream??
Also you never know if part of the family had to make a potty run for a little one.
My pet peeve is people separating families by trying to rush past them and then getting upset when my son FREAKS, you see a child dont plow over them. Thunder Mountian isnt going anywhere.

Funny but VERY true story...

I was in a hot line for HM.. it was June 2003 and humid and I almost slipped up and got into a foul mood...
I took a sniff in the air and OH MY GOODNESS someone was reeking BAD ... with the heat and the humidity it was NOT PURTY... so what do I do?
I lean over to whisper to my lovely DH about the smell and guess what?! IT WAS HIM THAT STUNK :rotfl2:

He was sticky sweaty and smelling less than fresh by afternoon :rotfl2: I never laughed so hard in my life and he was clueless why I was laughing!
Needless to say I took him back to the resort to freshen up a bit after that! :hippie:

Thanks for that story I needed a good laugh:rotfl2:We will be there on Sat. and I'm going crazy waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter