Photography Board Assignment, June-Sept, 2011: Summer Scavenger Hunt

Tazdev loved your lighthouses! I love to visit them too and went to the Montauk lighthouse yesterday.

Lighthouse & Historical - The Montauk point lighthouse built in 1796 is the 4th oldest active lighthouse in the US. It is 110'6" high. Its light can be seen for 19 nautical miles.
lighthouse_4.jpg

lighthouse_21.jpg

lighthouse_7.jpg

lighthouse_8.jpg

lighthouse_5.jpg

Looking Up
looking_up.jpg

looking_up_2.jpg

Entryway - to climb up to the top of the lighthouse
entryway.jpg

Antique
antique1.jpg

Antique - Bivalve fresnel lens used from 1903 - 1987 in the Montauk light house
antique_4.jpg

Antique - Fresnel lenses
antique_3.jpg

antique_2.jpg

Looking Down
looking_down_2.jpg

looking_down_3.jpg

Looking down and add your own x (thanks to hjd0411 for seeing the x for me!)
looking_down_4.jpg

Looking Down and Atop a ladder as you had to climb a ladder and stay on the third stepfrom the top to look out the light house window
looking_down_6.jpg

Memorial - the entire base is engraved with names
memorial.jpg

memorial_2.jpg

memorial_3.jpg

More from our drive out on the south fork yesterday
Horizon
horizon_2.jpg

Elements - water
elements_water.jpg

Driftwood
driftwood.jpg

Symbolic of your country & kitsch
symbolic_of_country.jpg

Kitsch
kitcsch.jpg

kitsch.jpg

Farmstand
farmstand.jpg

For Sale
for_sale.jpg

Uniformed Workers
uniformed_workers.jpg

Truck sign with animal
truck_sign_with_animal.jpg

Windmill - the Corwith Windmill in Water Mill built in 1800
windmill.jpg

windmill_2.jpg

windmill_3.jpg

Twigs great lighthouse pics. I hope to get to Long Island to see the ones there.

You could also have "Add your own X" on this one - either the railing or the shadow!! :)

I'm enjoying the lighthouse shots plus the history. This is why I love this challenge - we really learn a lot about places that we may not ever get to see ourselves.
So thanks everyone! Great photos all round. :thumbsup2

The Open Buildings scheme is a yearly event where a number of buildings, not normally open to the general public, are opened for visitors in Melbourne.

I hadn’t planned on visiting any of the buildings…but happened to be wandering past this one particular building.

This is the Entryway to the Mounted Police facilities.

2011July30Birthday034.jpg

Don’t be fooled by the façade…..it actually is a big barn, in the middle of the city.

The Barn Interior

2011July30Birthday001.jpg

…which opens up to the Historic section of the Stables. The stables will be celebrating 100 years next year.

2011July30Birthday012.jpg

There is room for up to 75 horses in the stables, each housed in an area like this.

2011July30Birthday002.jpg

Looking Up at that amazing roof and side windows…

2011July30Birthday018.jpg

….X marks the spot…Cross (X)-Beams

2011July30Birthday015.jpg

The tour also included a view inside the mounted police training area.

Uniformed Workers (Armed Forces)

2011July30Birthday020.jpg

The horses were put through their paces, to a near Gallop…..okay, it might be more of a trot….but I’ve always been more than ready to stretch the facts.

2011July30Birthday031.jpg

The Critters are trained to get used to and not react negatively to anything that comes their way….

2011July30Birthday026.jpg

….even if it is projectile like a Tennis Ball in Air.

2011July30Birthday022.jpg

And in my near fanatical hunt for multi-categories….

Uniformed Worker (part of the Armed Forces) dressed in Yellow, with a Critter and Party Balloons and Orange Cones in the background; taken within a Barn Interior by an open doorway (another Entryway).

2011July30Birthday033.jpg

princess::upsidedow

You could also have "Add your own X" on this one - either the railing or the shadow!! :)

Thanks! I'll add that, I kept telling myself to go back over my pics to look for other items, but haven't done it yet.

Something Orange
036.jpg

Bubbles
050.jpg

Steaming Java
048.jpg

Outdoor Dining
047.jpg

Costumed Mascot(State Farm)
044.jpg

Sparkle
040.jpg

Water Sports
037-1.jpg

Port-a-Potty
035.jpg

Something Yellow
030.jpg

Americana
027.jpg

Ice Cream Truck
025.jpg

Uniformed Worker
024.jpg

Butterfly Fries
010.jpg

BBQ
007.jpg

Funny Sign
002.jpg

Emergency
001-1.jpg

Ilooked thru my pics and found some more

Something orange
DSC_0178.jpg

194.jpg

Something orange, looking down, atop a ladder
781.jpg

Water sports a fishing boat and an ocean kayaker
561.jpg

pets being cute
243.jpg

262.jpg

Something yellow
DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

Metal Detector in Use
1101.JPG

I went to Lancaster yesterday and missed a barn interior again. That is going to be my elusive pic this year. I got these however

3 Wheeled motorcycle this was taken by my mom who seems to get upset when I try and take pics while driving. I don't know why. :confused3
001-1.jpg

We were stuck in traffic behind a buggy so I got a little closer
002.jpg

and the extra passengers
003.jpg

I loved that cycle. What can be better a cycle painted Disney style?

Farmers Market there were several roadside markets but I try and respect the wishes of the people who run them
004.jpg

My mom and I went to Lancaster for my birthday and this was my present. I love Jim Shore
Americana Mickey style
005-1.jpg

Gnome
006.jpg

One from last week. I had to alter it because of some questionable words
X
752.jpg

I went to Lancaster yesterday and missed a barn interior again. That is going to be my elusive pic this year. I got these however

3 Wheeled motorcycle this was taken by my mom who seems to get upset when I try and take pics while driving. I don't know why. :confused3
001-1.jpg

The 3 Wheeled motorcycle is becoming this year's holy grail! Well done on taking the photo whilst driving. Did you mom even understand the fanatacism? No one else in my family or friends seem to get it....:sad2:

ps. I'm working on another round of food related topics. Wanna join me in posting a set this weekend? :rolleyes1

ps. I'm working on another round of food related topics. Wanna join me in posting a set this weekend? :rolleyes1

Glad for the heads up!

Note to self: Eat before looking at this thread!!!!

Tazdev Great motorcycle!

My elusive shots are Italian sports cars, when we drove thru the Hamptons I saw at least 10 Ferrari's and Maserati's, but always too late to take the shot. This is the closest I got
You can just see the nose of a black Maserati behind the 2 white Porsche's
1061.jpg

The 3 Wheeled motorcycle is becoming this year's holy grail! Well done on taking the photo whilst driving. Did you mom even understand the fanatacism? No one else in my family or friends seem to get it....:sad2:

My mom doesn't understand my love of Disney or the need to have a camera with me everywhere. She is getting better. When the thunderstorm rolled through last week she knew I would be out there taking pics and was happy that I finally got my shot of lightning. We have reached a compromise - I don't take pics while trying to merge onto major highways and she will help me if she can.

I have a few food pics to get myself. Maybe this week.

Glad for the heads up!

Note to self: Eat before looking at this thread
!!!!

Tazdev Great motorcycle!

My elusive shots are Italian sports cars, when we drove thru the Hamptons I saw at least 10 Ferrari's and Maserati's, but always too late to take the shot. This is the closest I got
You can just see the nose of a black Maserati behind the 2 white Porsche's
1061.jpg

Wanna join in too? I think it might be kinda cool if we all focussed on foodie shots this week. That way, everyone will know to eat first for this weekend...:thumbsup2

My mom doesn't understand my love of Disney or the need to have a camera with me everywhere. She is getting better. When the thunderstorm rolled through last week she knew I would be out there taking pics and was happy that I finally got my shot of lightning. We have reached a compromise - I don't take pics while trying to merge onto major highways and she will help me if she can.

I have a few food pics to get myself. Maybe this week.

I'm planning to load up on my Saturday....so that would be Friday night for the US....or Saturday morning for you, depending on how crazy my weekend gets. ;)

Last weekend, I resorted to my hobby-come-lately…..stalking!

Rumour had it that I might be able to track down some categories not yet snapped by me yet. Turns out the rumours were true.

Fife and Drum

2100August01ScavengerHunt010.jpg

Kilted Bagpipers

2100August01ScavengerHunt014.jpg

The Fife and Drum were performing for a bunch of Elders

2100August01ScavengerHunt021.jpg

They weren’t the only ones performing….Jazzy Big Band

2100August01ScavengerHunt047.jpg

Do you see what I see?

Elder…..

2100August01ScavengerHunt042.jpg

…and....

Xylophone, played by someone wearing Spectacles and sporting a Mullet, in a Jazzy Big Band!

2100August01ScavengerHunt046.jpg

princess::upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter