• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Pin Codes

I've gotten a few PIN codes in email (just got one today), but I can never get them to validate. I can't figure out what name/zip combo they have me under. Does this mean I'm out of luck?

I've gotten a few PIN codes in email (just got one today), but I can never get them to validate. I can't figure out what name/zip combo they have me under. Does this mean I'm out of luck?

Just call. Or keep trying different combos of old addresses and names.

So after reading a few other posts on the board, I didn't have much hope that I'd get anywhere on the phone. However, I got a very helpful CM who helped me figure out what info the PIN was under. It was under my old last name (last used over 3 years ago), and even more odd, attached to my ex's current address, which I've never lived at (he bought the house years after we broke up). The CM updated the info attached to the PIN offer in the hopes that future offers will come under my current info. She also created a new entry in their "guest book" for me thinking that could trigger new PIN offers as well.

Also, my current last name is only 2 letters, and she said they can't search on names that short. So, even if future PIN offers come attached to my current info, I'll probably never be able to book online.

Just FYI for anyone else searching for a solution to this problem in the future.

The best way to get a pin is to be a "lapsed" customer. The second best is to be a "new" customer, if you can swing it. One thing I would not be able to tell you is what cut off Disney uses for the definition of "lapsed". Maybe 18 months or so.

I'm pretty much convinced this is it too. My last trip that was booked through the consumer site was in Jan 2013 and I've gotten two this summer. I think they are targeting people who haven't been yet in about that amount of time to entice them.

I have also tried everything through the years to trigger a pincode....... and nothing. I live in the Midwest, so neither coast seems to care about me. :(
The best way to get a pin is to be a "lapsed" customer. The second best is to be a "new" customer, if you can swing it. One thing I would not be able to tell you is what cut off Disney uses for the definition of "lapsed". Maybe 18 months or so.

I'm pretty much convinced this is it too. My last trip that was booked through the consumer site was in Jan 2013 and I've gotten two this summer. I think they are targeting people who haven't been yet in about that amount of time to entice them.

My best results come when I save a trip in my shopping cart but don't hit execute. Two pins since my last foray onto the WDW site...

My best results come when I save a trip in my shopping cart but don't hit execute. Two pins since my last foray onto the WDW site...

Hmmm, that trick usually resulted in an email saying I left something in my cart. I'd love to know what their system is for sending out pins.

Hmmm, that trick usually resulted in an email saying I left something in my cart. I'd love to know what their system is for sending out pins.

That's easy. Rule #1: Don't send one to mom2rtk. Ever. :( I've been the self-appointed president of the no-pin club for years. I've tried all the tricks. And no go.

To the original poster: This is man's most perilous question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter