Points!

Congrats and welcome home! We are a family of 3 and have 375 points between BWV and SSR. We've gone summer, spring (Easter) and January. We usually stay combo of studio and 1 bedroom.

I just purchased 150 points DVC!

I am generally curious, how many points do you own? How big is your family? What type of rooms do you stay in at what time of year?
We're empty nester. We own more points than necessary at 4 different resorts. We typically travel with extended family and book 2BRs or GVs.

So... How big is your family and how do you intend to spend your points?

We're empty nester. We own more points than necessary at 4 different resorts. We typically travel with extended family and book 2BRs or GVs.

So... How big is your family and how do you intend to spend your points?

It’s just me and my husband! We’re in our 20s and plan to have kids in the future. We are weighing the pros and cons of adding the points now or later!

Welcome! We are a family of 4 - all adults now. (Bought in 9 years ago when kids were younger.) We own 260 points at Aulani and 50 points at the Grand Californian.

When it is all four of us, we like the two bedroom. Gives us lots of space and gives this introverted mom a chance to unwind and sleep. (My oldest talks in her sleep and keeps me up.) Twice the two bedroom has allowed my girls to bring friends with them on our trips and it's been great. We are on the west coast and have found it easy to find accomodations at WDW.

2020 was our first year as empty nesters and we all know how well that worked out. Whenever we get to travel again, husband and I will probably just book a studio but we haven't had the opportunity or the desire to do so yet.

I am generally curious, how many points do you own? How big is your family? What type of rooms do you stay in at what time of year?
Two contracts. 160 at one and 200 at the other. Just DH and I. We usually stay in a studio, but sometimes go for a 1br if we can get the 1br standard view at BWV. We don't have kids, so we usually try to go during the less busy times (Jan/Feb, Early May, late Aug/Sept, Early Dec).

Family of 5 - Three kids under 12 - 1030 points split between AUL, OKW and AKL.

Usually 1 bedrooms, unless we bring my parents or friends (and then 2 bedrooms). Yet to stay in a grand villa.

We spend most of our time at Aulani, but usually do an annual trip (pre-Covid) to VGC (we’ve had good luck getting 1 bedrooms at the 7 month mark) and a trip every couple of years to WDW.

Empty Nesters here - 1165 points - 7 Home resorts...we go 3-5 times a year - always 1Br or larger if we invite family to join us. We do 6-7 nights per WDW visit - mid May, Oct and early Dec and sometimes over the summer and long Memorial weekend at Hilton Head.

Congrats! 275 points between poly and Saratoga. Family of four, kids age 5 and 10. We usually travel September and January/February. We almost always stay in studios unless we invite extended family. What is your home resort and did you buy direct or resale?

Congratulations and Welcome Home!!!

We are now empty nesters. When we first bought, family of 5, we bought 200 points at OKW - not long after added 60 points.

BCV started selling and we bought 150 and then 50.

My sons have their own SSR contracts. They - including my daughter and SIL - need/use my points here and there. I now have 4 grandchildren. We have visited with friends and family.

Our travel patterns of course have changed over the years. We went from booking 1 BDR mostly studios now. We used to go every year or every other year. Now hubby and I go twice a year. We also add a visit to HH or Vero Beach now, alone or with WDW. We are taking longer trips now - just did our first 15 nights (WDW & Vero Beach). Size of accommodation depends on how I am using my points in a particular year (kids using any/staying longer, banked points, etc.).

Which resort did you buy? Enjoy and Happy planning.

Family of four. Son age 16, daughter age 6. My parents often travel with us. Sometimes we invite my brother or get rooms for our friends. We always get a 2 bedroom When traveling with others. A one bedroom when it’s just us 4. since we couldnt travel last year, we are going on a 9 day trip in December to the Cascade Cabins. We own 330 points at Aulani and 320 points at Copper Creek. Waiting for the DL tower to add 350 points and then we are done.

We are a family of 5, two teens and a college student. We have 285 points. We stay mostly in 1 bedrooms, but plan on studios at the Poly for my husband and I to travel alone. We prefer to travel in late Spring or Summer. We just did a Spring Break trip in a 1 bedroom at BWV. We will be at Kidani in a 1 bedroom Savannah View. Our home resort is the Poly, but we also have points at OKW.

Congratulations!! We are about to be empty nesters this fall. We have 200pts, 100 at BLT and 100 at CCV. When kids were little we always did studio but as they got bigger moved to 1 bedroom villas which meant either shorter trips or splits stay with shades of green. Now that it will be just DH and I for a little while we are back to studios which means more vacations for us woohoo!!

Well, when we bought our 300 BWV points 23+ years ago, we were a family of 4 who needed more space and privacy than a hotel room provided. We’ve booked 2 BR, brought friends and family, gave our daughter a Disney honeymoon. Now we’re empty nesters and usually book 1 BR (for the separate sleeping area, laundry and kitchen) but just spent all our 2020 and 2021 points on a fabulous family trip at Christmas. So subtract our points from the glut the next few years!

It is just DH and I, we had 206 points at VGC and just added another 206 points at Riviera because DH now gets a minimum of 4 weeks vacation a year. We generally stay in studios, but sometimes trade to RCI, etc.

It is just DH and I, we had 206 points at VGC and just added another 206 points at Riviera because DH now gets a minimum of 4 weeks vacation a year. We generally stay in studios, but sometimes trade to RCI, etc.

206? I feel like there must be a story there in that number? FYI we are also VGC & Riviera - YAAASS!! Trying to decide on home #3. DL Tower or VGF. We have time to decide as we pay off our current points - haha.

Congratulations on joining the club!!! Currently own 350 total points, two home resorts. (BCV and OKW). Resale and direct. Never imagined ever buying. Retired with first purchase last year. Four adult children and four grandchildren. Prefer one bedroom villas for the two of us. Like to enjoy WDW early May, December, or September. Aulani being on our bucket list to experience asap. (Live in Southern California, had many Disneyland visits as “legacy” passholders).

Would love to hear about your RCI trades - places/often/how you rate them/would you go back. Not many members trade or at least not much mention of it in any forums.

Owners 20 plus years - we have only traded once when DVC traded with II - The Royal Sands in Cancun - It was awesome except for their sales pitch which I refused to go but Concierge convinced DH. We have also cruised a ton of times on DCL and have used a combination of points and cash (yes, not the best way to use points :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter