Points!

Empty nesters, 1200 points all at Hilton Head.

But, we bought our first contract (maybe 200 points?) when kids were elementary/middle school. Added on 3 or 4 times since.

Usage has changed as kids have grown, married, had kids. Typical year DH and I spend several weeks in winter in Florida. Sometimes WDW, this year VB because we felt it was more isolated. Always a one BR because I didn't pay all this money to have to tiptoe around in the dark when I wake up early. We often spend a week or so at HH, again one BR.

Every few years we get a 3 BR for whole family, sometimes HHI and sometimes WDW. We've never had a problem at 7 months WDW....sometimes SSR but last summer at BW (cancelled by Covid).

DH and I do occasional cruises (WPC scheduled next March) when a new one grabs our attention and we took whole family to Alaska on points a few years ago. I think another cruise may be in store 2022/2023.

We've also stayed a few times in concierge collection and RCI when we needed to be somewhere for a wedding or meeting.

It's a vacation club, have fun with it. It's not an investment although some try to make it into one. Don't buy if it means you are not paying down student debt, car payments and house payments. Don't use money that should be saved for retirement or kids education.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter