Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

How loud are the ferry boats if staying in Tokelau? I'm looking at booking there for my April trip, but I've heard that the ferry boats can be super loud depending on the building/location.
Tokelau is my favorite Poly longhouse & I've never heard it while staying there šŸ‘šŸ» (& Iā€™m a person who hears a sniffle in the next room šŸ˜†).

Tokelau is my favorite Poly longhouse & I've never heard it while staying there šŸ‘šŸ» (& Iā€™m a person who hears a sniffle in the next room šŸ˜†).

Thanks! That's exactly what I need to know. I'm trying to decide between GF and Poly and Poly is in the lead.

How loud are the ferry boats if staying in Tokelau? I'm looking at booking there for my April trip, but I've heard that the ferry boats can be super loud depending on the building/location.

If you have lakeview and get a room towards the end where the ferry boats are it's difficult to miss them. Now how you are affected by it will differ from others.

Standard view in Tokelau won't hear it much if even at all in the room with the slider closed.

I was able to get two night in standard view before going to WL. We are happy to be by Kona Cafe since we enjoy breakfast there, and itā€™s an easy monorail to Epcot.

Is there a ā€œbetterā€ standard view building? Request to make?

Thanks!

There are a few rooms in Moorea that have side views toward MK and so also nice water views. That would be north end of Moorea with west facing rooms.

In general I like Moorea for standard view. There are some that have a bit of pool view although it's not that the pool is right below the balcony.

I was able to get two night in standard view before going to WL. We are happy to be by Kona Cafe since we enjoy breakfast there, and itā€™s an easy monorail to Epcot.

Is there a ā€œbetterā€ standard view building? Request to make?

Thanks!
When are you traveling? The Epcot monorail is not running at this time.

Hello! We just finally passed ROFR on a small PVB contract, and I am so happy that we will be able to call the Poly our home! Can I ask a question about fireworks viewing for folks staying there? If we don't get a lake view studio (which we likely won't, as one of us is a light sleeper and I suspect she would hate to hear the ferries starting at 6am!), where is the best place to see the fireworks/electric parade, when they resume? Is it hard to find a spot?

Hello! We just finally passed ROFR on a small PVB contract, and I am so happy that we will be able to call the Poly our home! Can I ask a question about fireworks viewing for folks staying there? If we don't get a lake view studio (which we likely won't, as one of us is a light sleeper and I suspect she would hate to hear the ferries starting at 6am!), where is the best place to see the fireworks/electric parade, when they resume? Is it hard to find a spot?
First, welcome home.

Second, while I understand the light sleeper issues I'd still encourage you to at least try it (upper floor) as a split stay maybe within Poly itself. However, since you asked where else to watch them there are plenty of options. The main beach area can occasionally get crowded but not overwhelmingly so. That said I like the beachy area in front of Moorea. If you move closer to TTC the view is good and the crowd is nonexistent. Unless something has changed they do not pump in the music on that end of the resort.

Edit: The pool and O'hana or Tambu are also good options.

Not sure about "the best," but there's always the beach and I see people standing in between the Bungalows, closer to the TTC. People tend to get drawn to the beach so it's quieter there. Basically, anywhere that you can see the MK Castle clearly is a good view, in my opinion. For a higher-up view, I've also seen people standing on the staircase landings of the buildings that are by the lake. I've never tried it, though.

Hello owners! I'm an owner at CCV but I just changed our thanksgiving stay from 8 days at CCV to 4 days CCV and 4 days in a standard view poly villa - I couldn't beleive I found four consecutive days over thanksgiving!!

Can anyone who has been at the Poly over thanksgiving tell me if the Christmas decorations were out already? I know it could be different this year - but generally speaking Wilderness Lodge puts the christmas decorations/tree out right before Thanksgiving so I was wondering if Poly was the same.

Staying at Poly for the first time in September for our anniversary. Only property left on my bucket list and DH came through!

It's a lake view, so curious if we should be asking for an upper floor, a certain building, etc. Sound of the ferry boats would not bother us, just interested in the best views. Also, since most things are different these days, not sure how/where to request preference.

Finally, anything else I should know, should be asking? For example, any point in telling them its our anniversary, either in advance or at check-in?

Staying at Poly for the first time in September for our anniversary. Only property left on my bucket list and DH came through!

It's a lake view, so curious if we should be asking for an upper floor, a certain building, etc. Sound of the ferry boats would not bother us, just interested in the best views. Also, since most things are different these days, not sure how/where to request preference.

Finally, anything else I should know, should be asking? For example, any point in telling them its our anniversary, either in advance or at check-in?
No need to request a building as only one DVC building has lake views. You will definitely want to request an upper floor as the first floor can (will) be obstructed by the bungalows. TouringPlans.com gives a pretty good set of pictures for views from rooms as well as how to word your room request.

Watching fireworks from the beach is magical! Congratulations on your purchase neighbor!

You can request room preferences with Member Services and they will note it on your reservation. I am told that when you check in online, DO NOT repeat or indicate any new preferences or it will overwrite the one on file. Moorea is the only building with a Lake View and I usually request an upper floor and farthest away from the TTC. This puts us away from the elevator (it's in the middle of the building) and close to the side stairs so that we can get to/from it faster. The elevators are small, and when there's a mobility scooter waiting to get in, it's faster to just walk up or down.

I've heard of very mixed experiences of anniversaries and birthdays being acknowledged, so the idea is not to expect it. But when I stayed at the Poly in October, I called MS to note that it would be my parents' 75th and 80th birthday celebration. They both got a Happy Birthday pin when we checked in and they smiled like they were 4 years old. My dad even thought the plastic leis we got was for their birthdays, and I didn't have the heart to tell him that everyone got one (although he realized afterwards). He wore it around Epcot and the CMs acknowledged it by saying "happy birthday" in the different languages around World Showcase. Priceless! :)

Lots of announcements yesterday about the Poly....the resort side is getting a renovation to the rooms along with the upgrades to the Great Ceremonial House AND the monorail will not stop at the Poly during this construction. I'm looking forward to the upgrades but admit that the lack of monorail service kind of kills the spirit of our planned "monorail pub crawl" for November. It's just not the same to trot over to the TTC when bar hopping the monorail resorts :)

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...o-NijVdM3e4rrOp7Rjp1FLXu8VBRGdFYWiLD059ySrSxs

At first I was disappointed to read this because we are going next summer. Then I realized if it's still closed but the pools are open it would make for a nice resort day being just DVC there. Since we stay lake view we already consider TTC easier anyhow. Hopefully restaurants and lounges stay open though.

Last edited:
At first I was disappointed to read this because we are going next summer. Then I realized if it's still closed but the pools are open it would make for a nice resort day being just DVC there. Since we stay lake view we already consider TTC easier anyhow. Hopefully restaurants and lounges stay open though.

I wish we knew more about the status of the dining options during the renovation. I'd be totally pumped to stay with just other DVC members so long as there are some options on site for food and beverage. This is a great time for them to take the project on, so I applaud them for the timing

We're going on our first stay since buying our contract in a few weeks. Does anyone know if the twilight feast is still available while Ohana is closed? Does anyone know what room service looks like right now?

Finally... new contract points loaded today!

Although this week's refurb news is a bit of a buzzkill, I'll worry about those details later.

POLY HERE WE COME, 2021!
Welcome home neighbor! Don't worry about the refurb plans as those are all just temporary (and means DVC owners have the resort to ourselves).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter