Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

....my DS and his GF just checked into the Poly about an hour ago:

enhance

....it's set up in Pago Pago.

We’re coming the week between Christmas and New Years and I just read Disney Floral and Gifts isn’t delivering to the Poly. Other resorts are available. Is this because the hotel side is closed? Also I learned no special cakes can be ordered while we’re there. It was supposed to be a big birthday celebration. Does anyone know if groceries can be delivered? Also what will be our transportation options to Epcot and DHS? Thanks 🙂

Last edited:
We’re coming the week between Christmas and New Years and I just read Disney Floral and Gifts isn’t delivering to the Poly. Other resorts are available. Is this because the hotel side is closed? Also I learned no special cakes can be ordered while we’re there. It was supposed to be a big birthday celebration. Does anyone know if groceries can be delivered? Also what will be our transportation options to Epcot and DHS? Thanks 🙂
I am not sure about the Groceries, but do know that the only Epcot and DHS transportation is the Bus system for the time being. I assume regular Lyft/Uber are operating, but won't know 100% if there are any restrictions from them entering the resorts just yet. I'm headed down in a few days and will report back if there is anything worth sharing.

Do you think monorail will reopen once the ceremonial house is finished? We are going end of April and hoping construction will be done on it.

I just came back. I didn’t see anything changed in the lobby, except O’Hanas is closed. The monorail is running but doesn’t stop at the Poly. You can get on at the TTC. Busses are numerous but they only allow a certain number onboard due to social distancing. The Epcot monorail is closed. We had no problem ordering grocery items which were delivered to the temporary front desk in Pago Pago. While I was unable to secure any sit down meals at Kona Cafe, there was walk up seating available. Mobile ordering is the only method for many restaurants and was a challenge for us “old folks”. It seriously ruined my husband’s trip. He was scolded by a cast member at Captain Cook’s and he won’t forget it. But the weather was gorgeous, the hotel wasn’t crowded, and we came home to a foot of snow! It was a wonderful place to be ❤️

Do you think monorail will reopen once the ceremonial house is finished? We are going end of April and hoping construction will be done on it.

They are redoing the Monorail platform. I do not think there's anything they are doing in the GCR. They replaced carpet afaik but that's been done for at least a few weeks.

From my room last January, almost exactly a year ago!

ETA: fixed upside-down picture

Attachments

• Poly fireworks.jpg
    Poly fireworks.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 30
Philfan77 FYI- the hotel side of Poly is being renovated. When we stayed at the VGF back in Dec 2020, construction crews were working on buildings Tuvalu, Fiji, Tonga, and Aotearoa.

Philfan77 FYI- the hotel side of Poly is being renovated. When we stayed at the VGF back in Dec 2020, construction crews were working on buildings Tuvalu, Fiji, Tonga, and Aotearoa.
We do know that, nothing that’s missing/under construction matters much to us right now. We are doing a few days, and just looking to hit the pool, relax and not have a lot of people around (which the construction seems to be helping with).

relax and not have a lot of people around (which the construction seems to be helping with).
Good chance you‘ll get your wish. I went to the poly two or three times during our Dec 2020 trip. One Friday around noon, two young boys had the main pool to themselves! Have a lovely trip.

We requested third floor of Tokelau on our last stay, but ended up on the first floor do to another request (we wanted adjacent rooms to others in our party and that was much more important). We loved being on the first floor. The grassy area outside the sliding door served as an extension of our patio where our kids could run around, and the easy access to the Oasis Pool was a huge boon. Everything felt that much more accessible. We could see the flag at the Main Street WDW railroad station from our patio and didn't much miss seeing the Castle from the balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter