Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

People might like that Michael Kay was at Poly recently, had a tour of the Bungalow's, and ate at Kona Cafe. If you are not familiar with Michael give a couple of his other videos a view as he is probably one of the happiest people you will see doing Disney videos.

Wow! Every time I think I've found all of the great YouTube Disney channels I find another! Thanks for posting! Helps me get my Disney fix until our next visit. :love:

Does anyone know if they plan to re-theme the DVC rooms to Moana like they did the resort rooms? And if so, when? Thanks!!

Does anyone know if they plan to re-theme the DVC rooms to Moana like they did the resort rooms? And if so, when? Thanks!!

There has been no word from DVC management about this. If they follow the originally planned refurb schedule, the DVC rooms at Poly should get a soft goods refurb this year. But again, DVC has not indicated that this will occur per the planned schedule, and there has been no concept art released. So I'm thinking that they've pushed the schedule out a year at least.

Steve

There has been no word from DVC management about this. If they follow the originally planned refurb schedule, the DVC rooms at Poly should get a soft goods refurb this year. But again, DVC has not indicated that this will occur per the planned schedule, and there has been no concept art released. So I'm thinking that they've pushed the schedule out a year at least.

Steve
Thanks!

Steve

DVC doesn't always release concept art. That's done if they have it for the annual meeting but if not then we often don't see it. BLT, AKV, BRV - all refurbed without ever seeing anything. Rooms availability disappeared overnight for Aug-Sept. Maybe even some of July so I expect the refurb to be on schedule as they had stated at the annual meeting that it was being moved from 2022 to 2021.

DVC doesn't always release concept art. That's done if they have it for the annual meeting but if not then we often don't see it. BLT, AKV, BRV - all refurbed without ever seeing anything. Rooms availability disappeared overnight for Aug-Sept. Maybe even some of July so I expect the refurb to be on schedule as they had stated at the annual meeting that it was being moved from 2022 to 2021.

Your probably right. Now that you mention it, I do remember them mentioning they were moving the refurb up. Thanks for the correction.

Steve

Your probably right. Now that you mention it, I do remember them mentioning they were moving the refurb up. Thanks for the correction.

Steve

Yes, the did announce moving PVB up and moving BRV and maybe one other back to 2022 from what they had stated at the 2019 meeting.

Does this mean reservations would get canceled? I'm a new owner, and my first stay is November 2021.

No. There's been the case where they've moved people but they don't do straight out cancellations. However I don't think you'll be there during the renovation time anyway. The dates that were suddenly blocked for any additional reservations only went thru mid-Sept so that's probably when they expect to finish,

No. There's been the case where they've moved people but they don't do straight out cancellations.

How far out do they tell people if they are being moved? I have my welcome home trip for DVC in early September, and I am so worried they are going to move me (especially since I convinced my MIL to rent points to stay there, and I would hate for them to move us to two different resorts!)

Last edited:
How far out do they tell people if they are being moved? I have my welcome home trip for DVC in early September, and I am so worried they are going to move me (especially since I convinced my MIL to rent points to stay there, and I would hat for them to move us to two different resorts!)
Hmmm... Mother-in-law being moved to a different resort? Some would call that pixie dust! pixiedust: :rotfl2:

How far out do they tell people if they are being moved? I have my welcome home trip for DVC in early September, and I am so worried they are going to move me (especially since I convinced my MIL to rent points to stay there, and I would hat for them to move us to two different resorts!)

It hasn't been done too often so no real set pattern that they follow. My guess is that they were able to block off enough and are unlikely to have to move anyone for this soft goods update. That doesn't come from them but is just my best guess.

Poly owners and friends-
First visit is now on the radar and I'm trying to figure out breakfast. We are pretty basic, pre-DVC we would ship cereal and misc. supplies the week before. I'm willing to pay a little extra to avoid that hassle and wondering if we can get by packing what we can in luggage and/or buying what we need at Moana Mercantile.

Is everything on the resort order form available "live" at the store? Anything else they stock or other helpful hints? Having a toaster is going to feel like the Ritz!

Poly owners and friends-
First visit is now on the radar and I'm trying to figure out breakfast. We are pretty basic, pre-DVC we would ship cereal and misc. supplies the week before. I'm willing to pay a little extra to avoid that hassle and wondering if we can get by packing what we can in luggage and/or buying what we need at Moana Mercantile.

Is everything on the resort order form available "live" at the store? Anything else they stock or other helpful hints? Having a toaster is going to feel like the Ritz!
While I can't say for the Poly, I've been to OKW and BCV during COVID and they had everything on hand in the shops, so I think you will be good to go. Have a great trip!

Hoping for more but this is is a start... a little something special for "Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort's 50th Anniversary"

"There are more exciting enhancements to come, including a new arrival experience with a special entryway that will debut for the resort’s 50th anniversary. Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for more updates on Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. "
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...n-village-resort-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter