Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

Is the boat noise in a lake view going to be that bad? (I see a lot of complaints about it.). We get up early and stay till the parks close. How many boats are cruising around outside of those hours?

We've had the lakeview studios at the far end of Moorea closest to the boats and I had no issues with the boats themselves. The leaf blowers used by the gardeners starting at 7am just outside though? That was tough.

Is the boat noise in a lake view going to be that bad? (I see a lot of complaints about it.). We get up early and stay till the parks close. How many boats are cruising around outside of those hours?

We barely noticed it in December, I mean you kind of hear it, but I think if you're up and about early you should be absolutely fine.

Did they use to play the music loop throughout the resort, and not just around the Great Ceremonial House?

I have distinct memories of walking the resort at night and enjoying the ambience of the tiki torches and music, but on our last trip the music was only playing in the central area, not as you walk to the outbuildings. I missed it!

I wasn't sure if they turned off the music due to guest noise complaints, or if I just invented a false memory of years gone by. Any ideas here?

Did they use to play the music loop throughout the resort, and not just around the Great Ceremonial House?

I have distinct memories of walking the resort at night and enjoying the ambience of the tiki torches and music, but on our last trip the music was only playing in the central area, not as you walk to the outbuildings. I missed it!

I wasn't sure if they turned off the music due to guest noise complaints, or if I just invented a false memory of years gone by. Any ideas here?

You know i'm not sure now exactly how wide spread it was, but in early December they were playing the music around quite a lot of the resort, certainly down by the beach and that area. Maybe not out as far as the DVC buildings now I think about it though. It was the Christmas music at the time not sure if they play that more widely.

I am really wanting a refurbished room for our trip in April, sounds like we're not certain that all DVC rooms have been upgraded. What are everyone's recommendations for ensuring we get new rooms? Certain building/floor?

I am really wanting a refurbished room for our trip in April, sounds like we're not certain that all DVC rooms have been upgraded. What are everyone's recommendations for ensuring we get new rooms? Certain building/floor?

I don't believe there's any question that all the rooms have been refurbed. The only question is if they got the last of the required murphy beds in. As mentioned there hasn't been any real recent reports of someone getting a room that didn't have them though.

I don't believe there's any question that all the rooms have been refurbed. The only question is if they got the last of the required murphy beds in. As mentioned there hasn't been any real recent reports of someone getting a room that didn't have them though.

Ah, okay. I was equating murphy bed with refurb, not that they could be mutually exclusive. Thank you!

I'm hoping for some insight into best standard view rooms. I've only stayed Lake View in Moorea and really like the building but didn't know if people had opinions as to what are the best standard view rooms. I'd rather not end up with a parking lot view which is why we usually fork out the extra points to avoid Pago Pago. So...what say the masses? I know it won't really matter much as I'm excited to be going home!

I kinda like Pago Pago if you get on the non parking lot side, lol. Super close to TTC for additional transport options.
That's another reason I like Moorea and one of the things I was considering was trying to request the north side of Pago Pago. My fear is that they see Pago Pago as a request and we end up in a room looking at cars.

I kinda like Pago Pago if you get on the non parking lot side, lol. Super close to TTC for additional transport options.

We had this last July. I wasn't really into it when we received the room number, but it did have quite a great view of the monorail too. My kids really liked that. It certainly finishes out the 'no bad DVC room views at the Poly' for me.

We had this last July. I wasn't really into it when we received the room number, but it did have quite a great view of the monorail too. My kids really liked that. It certainly finishes out the 'no bad DVC room views at the Poly' for me.

Agreed. Tbh I might prefer parking lot Pago Pago to 1st floor Lake View because at least I didn't spend extra points to get jipped 😅! Definitely a risk requesting Pago Pago, though.

I'm hoping for some insight into best standard view rooms. I've only stayed Lake View in Moorea and really like the building but didn't know if people had opinions as to what are the best standard view rooms. I'd rather not end up with a parking lot view which is why we usually fork out the extra points to avoid Pago Pago. So...what say the masses? I know it won't really matter much as I'm excited to be going home!
The secret knowledge is that the 3rd floor NW corner of Tokelau has views of the GF and MK. But everybody requests those rooms.

In general I prefer Tokelau as you avoid the risk of getting a parking lot view in Pago Pago, plus you're closer to the GCH etc.

I even don't mind the parking lot side if it's the top floor...I kinda like watching the monorail go by
Whenever I stay at the DVC, my only request is that I'm not in Pago Pago, haha. If you're in that building, you have a 50/50 shot of getting the parking lot view. And a 1/6 shot you are on the first floor with your patio staring at the parking lot. Haven't had a terrible view yet in the other two buildings. A view of the monorail would be nice, but I feel like the parking lot view takes away from the tropical feel of the resort :)

I must be in the minority because I don’t care if I get Pago, or even parking lot view. We spend little time looking out the window of our room - so we take whatever we get. We love the resort and have never been disappointed (yet). Just watch - next month I will get the worst room ever. 😂

New Poly contract is currently in ROFR! Fingers crossed I'll be posting more here soon LOL! Just a 75 point add-on contract to go with our 120 AKL points!

Stayed at Poly for first time in December and it became very clear that we needed to own their. Loved the Moorea buildings access to the TTC as well!

The longer there's radio silence regarding Spirit of Aloha the more it's starting to look like it's permanently closed. Prime spot for Poly DVC expansion to finally fit some bigger units. With Contemporary committing to refurbishing the garden view rooms (very soon if not already started) BLT2 rumors are dead for a while. Poly feels like WDW DVC's next "thing" until there's a market to try something on the Reflections site. Let's go!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter