Polynesian transportation and ECV's

7thdwarf/dopey

<font color = red>Disney for Dopey and Dopey for D
This will be our first trip where DW and I will require ECV's. I have read several posts on DIS, ALLEARS, and Tikimans that there have been problems with ECV's and the Polynesian Bus loading/boarding area being to small or steep (?) to the point that ecv's have tipped over. A couple of these posts also mention that the monorail loading area can be tricky too.
As we are still getting use to our ecv's, has anyone had any experience with this problem?

I have not read any specific problems with ecvs loading on the buses at the Polynesian. It's possible that the area for loading is small and people have had problems with the small area, but I have never read any posts indicating a specific problem at that resort (and I do a search at least once a week for any posts that include wheelchairs and/or ecvs). If it is steep, is safer for an ecv (not a power wheelchair) to back up the ramp.
The monorail station at Polynesian is not a problem that I can tell (we have used it several times with a wheelchair). It is not large, but I didn't see any specific problems. The monorail station at the TTC has a steep ramp, but that's a problem for everyone, not guests at Polynesian.

Thanks for your help.....we appreciate it very much.

Between your answer and the help from the transpotation board, it sounds everything will be fine. Being new to the ecv scene I was a bit concerned about the loading part. :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter