Pop Century Room Renovations

I have tried to look through the entire thread, but I didn't see the answer to my question. We had to book through Orbitz to get a room at Pop while my son's group is there March 11 - March 14th as direct through Disney is completely booked. The only rooms available were Preferred Pool View. I see that this class of rooms are only in Bldgs 4 & 5. The way I understand the information on page 1, Building 5 is completely closed. That would mean they would put us in Bldg 4. What I'm not sure about is if any PPV rooms have been refurbed, or if this would mean we will definitely be in an old room. Honestly, I would have preferred NOT to have a pool view, but when you are desperate for a room during spring break, you take what you can get. :rolleyes2

I have tried to look through the entire thread, but I didn't see the answer to my question. We had to book through Orbitz to get a room at Pop while my son's group is there March 11 - March 14th as direct through Disney is completely booked. The only rooms available were Preferred Pool View. I see that this class of rooms are only in Bldgs 4 & 5. The way I understand the information on page 1, Building 5 is completely closed. That would mean they would put us in Bldg 4. What I'm not sure about is if any PPV rooms have been refurbed, or if this would mean we will definitely be in an old room. Honestly, I would have preferred NOT to have a pool view, but when you are desperate for a room during spring break, you take what you can get. :rolleyes2
There is a chance Bldg 5 PPV rooms will be reopen by the time you get there so hopefully you will get a PPV room.

If this is really important to you, I'd prepare myself the the 50's not being done by then. A portion of it may be completed but if so, another section (or 2) of it will be under refurbishment is my guess based on historical dates.

Page 1, post 2 lists all of the refurbishment history. It took 10 months for the first half of the resort to be completed and the second half was started in December. Unless things change drastically (which I can't see happening), it will probably be sometime between August and October before the entire refurbishments are complete.

It won't ruin my vacation or anything, but it is the area that was the most appealing to my kids.

We were lucky enough to be placed in a 70s refurbished room for our one night stay and it was great. Bright and modern, outlets everywhere, good sized fridge, great shower. The Murphy bed was a bonus and while it was tight when it was pulled down, I think having it outweighs the space issue. Never felt cold or clinical and while I prefer the grounds of the moderates we have stayed at (POR & CBR) I would take the refurbished Pop rooms over the moderate rooms we’ve stayed in any day!

What kind of coffee pots are in the room? I am hoping for new room with coffee pot and like to bring my own coffee and cremer.
Ellen

What group is going to be there at this time? This is the same time we are going to be at POP.

My husband is a coffee snob. ( I do not drink the stuff.) He might even bring his Aeropress and we will only use it to make the hot water. It is just part of my life hahaha.

Does anyone know what percentage of rooms are not refurbished that they are placing guests in? Going 3/15-3/19. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter