Poseidon Soft Opening !!!

CoasterFEV

Mouseketeer
As the usual bearer of bad news - I'm going to make everyone happy !!!!

The rehad of the Poseidon building is on schedule. The new show is outstanding - if not downright spooky!

Soft openings for guests WILL begin on Friday, June 22nd barring any unforeseen issues. So if you are visiting IOA anytime that weekend - make sure you plan a visit!

The attraction will not appear in the adventure guide, nor be advertised, until early July. In addition, expect some longer than usual waits during the soft opening period. The old Poseidon's Fury loaded a new show every 8 to 10 minutes - don't expect the new show to run this quick until we get the kinks worked out.

I loved that attraction when I went in November. It just so happens that the 22nd is the exact same day I had previously planned to visit IOA for my upcoming WDW trip. Thanks for the great news!!

4 more days 'till I'm off to the World!!

"Spooky" huh, Coasterfev.......... so will it still be okay for my 5 and 7 yo? (they saw the old version of Poseidon.)

I'm encouraged this was on my must do list....

You really might want to see it yourself BEFORE bringing the 5 or 7 year old. Our new show is MUCH darker, MUCH scarier, and ALOT more thrilling. Remember, IOA's target demographic is the families with kids who are bored with Disney. The suspense going from room to room will really take many by surprise.

Thanks for the good news, CoasterFEV! The Poseidon attraction was my DW's second favorite attraction (with Spider-Man as number one) in all of Universal. I'm happy to hear that the new show looks so promising!

Out of curiosity, what does the FEV in your user name refer to?

Also to Coaster FEV which day in early July will be the least crowded day at IOA. My days are the 1st - 8th that I can go anyone of those days. Also do you think that the new show of Poseidon's Fury will be open during my visit.

Wow - you're certainly coming to visit during a busy week. With July 4th falling on a Wednesday this year - crowds will be high almost all week.

Honestly - it looks like July 8th would be your best bet for lighter crowds. Sundays are typically a bit slower (especially in the early morning) - and with the holiday week coming to a close, the 8th will be a big travel day.

Although...that would mean you would have to wait until the end of your vacation for Universal - now THAT is gonna be the tough part!

---------

Yes, the new attraction in the Poseidon building WILL be open during your visit (again, barring any unforeseen technical issues)

Thanks for the good news on Poseidon. I guess that makes up for the bad news on FOTL on Spiderman. I am arriving July 14th and I can't wait, I just hope those scanners are NOT working by then.
Riverview :smooth: :bounce: :p :bounce: :wave:

Scary......will it be like Pasaje Del Terror/Terror On Church Street style, and the Halloween Haunt Mazes, with people chasing and jumping out on you?!?

Chris
Nowt2Do.Com

Heya all :wave:,

I'm going to be in Orlando June 24-July 1. I was wondering if the soft opening would still be going on on the 25th, 27th, and 30th? I really hope it is, I'm dieing to see what the ride is like ;)

-Kali Wolf

Live like there's no tomorrow, Love like you've never been hurt, and Dance like no one's watching. -Unknown Author

Hooray! I will be there that Friday!! Will they make an announcement of some sort, or should I just wander by every now and then?

Thanks!
Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

Sorry, Kali, I don't have an answer to your question, but I was just wondering. . .since the previous PF had us going to Atlantis and now that Disney has a major motion picture about Atlantis, maybe all they're doing is getting rid of all references to Atlantis??? Granted they could easily change the first act (and need to!) but I wonder if this was just a simple fix to get rid of all references to that other film! I mean, why would they change an already great attraction? (other than the first act?)

Forgive me if someone has already posted this theory, I don't make it to these boards too often. I'm hoping they really blow us away with the re-do, but I'm not holding my breath . . .get it. . .underwater. . .Atlantis. . .ah, never mind:rolleyes:

I'd like an answer to the question asked about FOTL being used on the soft opening. Will it...?

Remember, it's a soft opening only. No announcements, nothing in the Adventure Guide, you may walk by and it's closed, you may walk by 10 minutes later and it's open. It's the parks chance to see how the new show runs with guests. Lot's of variables really need to be checked, there's even talk of the need for a child swap at the attraction due to the intensity and "fright factor" of the new show.

Yes, there are still references to Atlantis - but only brief if that. It's got nothing to do with the Disney film (c'mon, you don't see Sea World changing the name of it's big water ride), just a much better story line.

On-Site guests will receive Express access once the soft opening gets going smoothly, probably early the week of the 24th. But remember, it's a soft opening, no promises - things change every 5 minutes - that's why we'll put the big "technical rehearsal" signs out front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter