Possible delay on Poly 2.0 direct sales given so many resorts for sale at the same time and possible economic downturn?

They aren’t even selling points yet for the new Disneyland DVC. They are letting you very soon rent rooms for cash. They haven’t even announced when they will start selling points and that is a complete different market then WDW, so those sales will not really impact WDW DVC sales.
VDH is still 6+ months away from opening. VGF resumed sales 3.5 months before the Big Pine Key rooms opened.

Keep in mind there are timeshare laws and licensing restrictions which pose issues with these projects. There are also internal considerations, like the fiscal quarter in which Disney wants to start booking the income. (Q3 begins around April 1.)

It is an absolute certainty that they will begin selling a few months before VDH opens, and a certainty that there will be members staying there on points the day it opens. And the same will be true of Poly.

VDH and Aulani have no real effect on RIV / VGF / Poly sales

I would also propose that RR and Poly 2 may have competition but there are people looking for Epcot / DS and people who want a MK resort. We know this because RR and VGF are both selling right now.

I do think it would be an issue to have VGF and Poly selling at the same time.

Lets say you have 100 people wanting to buy a car. You have 100 of car A and 100 of car B to sell. That leaves you with 100 cars left. If your only selling car A then you have 0 cars left. Then you sell the next 100 car B to the next 100 people. So in my explanation having both car A and B to sell does hurt the sales of car A. FIFO . First in first out. As for VDH that is more like a specialty item. That should have no affect on Riv or Poly sales .
If Riviera was the only car offered, I wouldn't be buying a new car, I'd look for a used VGF instead.

As of the end of January VGF had about 890,000 points left to sell. 55k were sold in January and if that continues it'd be on pace to sell out May 2024 before a late 2024 Poly opening. Realistically though, VGF will likely slow down even more given some will wait for Poly and some will buy into VDH. But by next Spring/Summer VGF will likely only have a handful of points, similar to CCV when Riviera went on sale.

As long as total sales are "good enough" I don't think Disney really cares where points are sold. There's no obvious next DVC resort so they be content with a glut of inventory to sell over a longer time period while Parks and Resorts drags its feet over direction (revive Reflections? EPCOT entrance resort? BLT south tower? Something from left field?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter