Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I just checked my fights for May that I hadn’t canceled yet but they pop up as canceled. I really hope all my TF are post dated to June 2021 - I’m scared to look!

That's a pretty incredible offer then!
I was surprised by it too! I told them that I have to re-schedule my May flight for November, but since they delayed the schedule extension from April to the end of May, I was forced to cancel my May flight and will have to re-book when the schedule comes out, which means I have no choice but to lose my EBCI. I think they were able to validate this because I already re-booked my flight there for the end of October. I'm guessing that's why they were generous.

Ok. Just checked one fight. Shows my $10 that I got for when the price dropped but nothing about the cancellation $$$. Plus it still says it expires 5/28/20 :(

Might have to call...

@Erica Ladd try sending a Facebook message if you don't use Twitter. I was shocked at how quickly they responded. Probably all part of the same Social Media team!

Just a quick question. I had 2 trips planned through Southwest. One was a June trip booked with cash and one was an October trip booked with points. I know June isn't covered under the cancellation policy for travel funds to be used by June 30, 2021...yet. Today October flights dropped significantly for my October trip - so I changed my June reservation to October. Then, I cancelled my October trip (that was booked with points). Does this mean I have more than a year now to use my points that are back in my bank?

Like a lot of you I cancelled my May SW flights and am planning to use those funds for December, so they had better get the expiration date fixed by May 28!

Just a quick question. I had 2 trips planned through Southwest. One was a June trip booked with cash and one was an October trip booked with points. I know June isn't covered under the cancellation policy for travel funds to be used by June 30, 2021...yet. Today October flights dropped significantly for my October trip - so I changed my June reservation to October. Then, I cancelled my October trip (that was booked with points). Does this mean I have more than a year now to use my points that are back in my bank?
The beauty of points - never expire!

Points don't have an expiration even if they are returned from a cancellation.

We did the same thing with trips we had booked. Changed a June trip to the beach to an end of July to disney trip. Banked the points from the original July trip. Now if we end up canceling July not sure what we will do because those funds currently have an expiration of October. I'm going with wait and see at this point.

I still have not canceled my flights to D.C on 5/21. They keep emailing me about changes to the flight and it's always 5-15 minute time differences. I wish they would stop lol.

I still have not canceled my flights to D.C on 5/21. They keep emailing me about changes to the flight and it's always 5-15 minute time differences. I wish they would stop lol.
I have flights for the end of May 5/25. They have changed my return flight twice. I just got the second one and my direct flight from MCO to Philly has been changed. I now have to change planes in Atlanta which adds another 2 hrs to my flight. >:( I'm waiting for them to cancel my flight so I can get the EBCI returned. So I definately feel your pain.

I have flights for the end of May 5/25. They have changed my return flight twice. I just got the second one and my direct flight from MCO to Philly has been changed. I now have to change planes in Atlanta which adds another 2 hrs to my flight. >:( I'm waiting for them to cancel my flight so I can get the EBCI returned. So I definately feel your pain.

Same, one flight was changed TO a direct flight (that didn't previously exist), the other was also changed to a direct, but leaving MCO at 10am instead of 9pm. If I actually go, I don't want to leave at 10am!

Gotta love SW. We had reservations in April. It was clear that Disney wasn't going to happen in April so I changed flights to May...then that became clear that it wasn't gonna happen either. We had EBCI so I didn't want to cancel outright so I moved the flights to June, simply to leave them there and when the December flight schedule opened up, I'd move them..thereby saving our EBCI. With the latest info that SW was going to be more flexible, I reached out to them this morning on Facebook Messenger. She was very kind and said she would issue a LUV voucher for our EBCI if I wanted to cancel our June flights. DONE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter