Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

It doesn't matter if SW cancels or you cancel. The extension of the date applies in both cases. It may take a few weeks for the date extension to show up though. Based on the language used in the announcements about it, I have to assume that pushing out the date will be a separate process at some point in the future and is not part of the normal cancel process.

Steve
Thank you - I misread their statement. I love this board!

Thank you!!! So can I book a 1 way flight and use the first ones and then a 1 way back and use the other credit? And assuming that I could do the same thing for the second person,booking it separate. I’m sure having 4 different reservations is a pain but would that work?

Yes that works just fine. I do it all the time. I almost always book separate itineraries for DW and I, each way. So 4 different confirmation numbers for the two of us for a roundtrip. It will be time consuming to book everyone individually, and it can make changing or cancelling a bit more time consuming, but it provides the maximum flexibility in using credits, changing one leg for only one person, and picking up a price reduction when it's available for only one seat.

Steve

Thank you - I misread their statement. I love this board!

You didn't necessarily misread the statement. There were two of them, both identical, but they came out in different contexts. The initial one went out in an email to customers within the context of "here's what will happen if you cancel your reservation". The second was in conjunction with the press statement that SW was looking to cancel 1000 flights per day, and what they would be doing for customers. The remedy was the same, regardless, but if you only saw the press release, it is very understandable you would think it only applies to flights that SW cancels.

Steve

My May 2020 travel funds have not updated.

From the email the Southwest sent out on March 20, regarding changing expiration dates to June 30, 2021:
It will take our Technology Teams a few weeks to make these changes

Be patient, they'll get there. It's only been 10 days.

Steve

Hi all,
I have a question about using travel funds. If the flight I plan on booking is cheaper that the travel fund I'll use, do I loose the balance of that travel fund?
Sorry if this has been explained somewhere, this is the first time I'll be booking this way.
Thanks!

Hi all,
I have a question about using travel funds. If the flight I plan on booking is cheaper that the travel fund I'll use, do I loose the balance of that travel fund?
Sorry if this has been explained somewhere, this is the first time I'll be booking this way.
Thanks!
No, you don’t lose it. You will still have the remaining part of a travel fund available for use under the same confirmation number.

Early June flights had the red banner saying you can change your flight. I had a trip for the beach booked June 2-9. The 9th did not have the red banner. I changed them but changed to orlando so had to pay the difference which I had travel funds to cover. You can change your date or time but not the destination for no extra charge if you have that red banner on the flight info. My original disney flights were booked on points so I canceled, got the points back and changed the June flights to the disney flights.

I cancelled 4/17 flights today. I had purchased EBCI. Did online chat via Facebook was told no refund unless I rebooked those flights- I was offered 4000 rapid rewards points for compensation of EBCI when I cancelled flights. Points appeared immediately.
I got an agent and spoke to them about my EBCI and they only gave me 1,000 points. That is the equivalent of $30. I spent $100 on EBCI. I said as much to the agent and he said "thanks for the feedback and I'll pass it on"

Needless to say I am disappointed
Out of curiosity, are either of you A list members? I spoke to reservations today and they wouldn't give me anything for the loss of EBCI - I realize no refund, but the points would be nice. They gave me a number to call for Customer Relations if I wanted to escalate it, but maybe I'll try the Facebook chat.

Out of curiosity, are either of you A list members? I spoke to reservations today and they wouldn't give me anything for the loss of EBCI - I realize no refund, but the points would be nice. They gave me a number to call for Customer Relations if I wanted to escalate it, but maybe I'll try the Facebook chat.

No I’m not. I just nicely asked on Facebook. Here is what I said

I have a trip planned x/xx/2020. I have 3 one-way tickets and my husband a round trip ticket. We are loyal SW customers. I always purchase EBCI and understand in normal situations it is non-refundable. In this case can I get a refund on it if I cancel my flights (I understand it is travel credit valid through 6/2021. I would lose $125 because of the EBCI which doesn’t seem right due to the circumstances.

I have a quick question. If I book a flight only on points and then if we had to cancel the flights, would the points go back into my bank of points without having to use them within a year of booking that flight?

I have a quick question. If I book a flight only on points and then if we had to cancel the flights, would the points go back into my bank of points without having to use them within a year of booking that flight?
Yes. Also, you can designate, from a drop down list, that the $5.60 tax on each leg be credited back to your original form of payment.

Yes. Also, you can designate, from a drop down list, that the $5.60 tax on each leg be credited back to your original form of payment.

Awesome. We might book then. We are not sure if we are going to Disney this summer but with the low costs I am thinking of booking just incase

I just got the email stating our mid-day nonstop flight to MCO has been changed to the late nonstop flight which arrives at 9:45pm. I have the red banner with the offer to change to another flight at no charge. There is an earlier nonstop flight that arrives at 6:10pm that I would like to change to, but the Wanna Getaway fare is sold out & only 1 Anytime fare is available. We need 4 seats. The Business Select Fare is available. Is it possible to change to that fare without paying extra? We booked the Wanna Getaway fare originally. Of course, we may end up cancelling altogether depending on when Disney reopens.

I just got the email stating our mid-day nonstop flight to MCO has been changed to the late nonstop flight which arrives at 9:45pm. I have the red banner with the offer to change to another flight at no charge. There is an earlier nonstop flight that arrives at 6:10pm that I would like to change to, but the Wanna Getaway fare is sold out & only 1 Anytime fare is available. We need 4 seats. The Business Select Fare is available. Is it possible to change to that fare without paying extra? We booked the Wanna Getaway fare originally. Of course, we may end up cancelling altogether depending on when Disney reopens.
You should be able to check yourself on the web site. If you select "change" flight, choose your existing flight, and then on the next screen select the 6:10 flight you want to change to, it will say what the price difference is. I know if your flight is changed/canceled, they will allow you to change once to another flight within 60 days of the original one for no difference in fare, but I *think* it has to be the same fare class. When you check on the web site, if they will permit you to change to Anytime or Business Select, it will say "Available" and won't show you any price difference.

I reached out to Southwest on Facebook to see about recourse for my lost EBCI due to cancelling my flights. I was offered 1,000 points to my Rapid Rewards account or a $50 LUV voucher. I've never had a LUV voucher before - what are the cons? I'm thinking that's probably a better value, but I already have two sets of travel funds I was wanting to apply to my new flight once their schedule is extended. This would be the third form of payment, and I'm not sure the three together would be enough to cover the flight. Since I'm capped at 3 forms of payment, I wouldn't be able to use all 3 together if it doesn't cover the cost. Is this correct? I have read of people using the travel funds to book a dummy flight, then canceling that flight so that the travel funds were now combined together as one. Is this a legit workaround?

I reached out to Southwest on Facebook to see about recourse for my lost EBCI due to cancelling my flights. I was offered 1,000 points to my Rapid Rewards account or a $50 LUV voucher. I've never had a LUV voucher before - what are the cons? I'm thinking that's probably a better value, but I already have two sets of travel funds I was wanting to apply to my new flight once their schedule is extended. This would be the third form of payment, and I'm not sure the three together would be enough to cover the flight. Since I'm capped at 3 forms of payment, I wouldn't be able to use all 3 together if it doesn't cover the cost. Is this correct? I have read of people using the travel funds to book a dummy flight, then canceling that flight so that the travel funds were now combined together as one. Is this a legit workaround?

I'm curious, is the LUV voucher equivalent to the money you spent on EBCI?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter