• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Should only be 1 in most cases. I preboard due to my hearing loss, and so does my brother. And in case there’s room on the flight, my father does got the extra seat so that’s another preboard right there. So while we’d look like a family of 6, we do have the 3 pre boards. Luckily we’ve never done more than 6 people. Not sure what we would do in that case.

Just Wondered. I couldn't say how many were preboard in party or not. Thanks for clarifying! ☺️

Just Wondered. I couldn't say how many were preboard in party or not. Thanks for clarifying! ☺
Flights to/from MCO have a lot of preboards, I've been told.
I wonder how they prioritize that when there's so many. A little anxious, honestly, bc traveling with our son in a wheelchair for the first time, and due to other coexisting disabilities, really need that bulkhead seating. The weekend after Thanksgiving. 😳

Flights to/from MCO have a lot of preboards, I've been told.
I wonder how they prioritize that when there's so many. A little anxious, honestly, bc traveling with our son in a wheelchair for the first time, and due to other coexisting disabilities, really need that bulkhead seating. The weekend after Thanksgiving. 😳

First come first serve, most of the time with a caveat. I do think they do generally take people in wheelchairs first, since it allows them to free up the walkways quickly.

In the past Southwest's policy was that taxes paid on flights booked with points were fully refundable unless a change was made to the reservation - then the taxes paid could only be refunded to a travel fund. However, I know this policy changed so that taxes paid with points reservations would always be refundable, even if an intermediate change had been made. However, twice recently I noticed that taxes I paid in cash were only available as a travel fund when I canceled the reservation, I did not have the option to refund to the original form of payment. I rechecked all the emails I received on that booking to confirm the taxes were originally paid in cash. There had been several intermediate changes to the reservations, some because Southwest had a schedule change and some because I rebooked due to a lower rate. Did their policy change again or is there an error in their systems? Has anyone else noticed this?

In the past Southwest's policy was that taxes paid on flights booked with points were fully refundable unless a change was made to the reservation - then the taxes paid could only be refunded to a travel fund. However, I know this policy changed so that taxes paid with points reservations would always be refundable, even if an intermediate change had been made. However, twice recently I noticed that taxes I paid in cash were only available as a travel fund when I canceled the reservation, I did not have the option to refund to the original form of payment. I rechecked all the emails I received on that booking to confirm the taxes were originally paid in cash. There had been several intermediate changes to the reservations, some because Southwest had a schedule change and some because I rebooked due to a lower rate. Did their policy change again or is there an error in their systems? Has anyone else noticed this?
There was an error in the way Southwest filed the fares. If you booked 09/01/2020 thru 09/09/2020, you will need to call Southwest to get the taxes refunded, if the fare was BS, AT, or a points booking, and you do not want to hold for future use. The error has since been corrected for new bookings.

However, if a non-refundable form of payment was used (Gift Card, Travel Fund, Luv Voucher), those funds remain non-refundable, even when applied to a refundable ticket (including taxes/fees). In those cases, taxes only can be retained as a travel fund for a future booking.

Last edited:
There was an error in the way Southwest filed the fares. If you booked 09/01/2020 thru 09/09/2020, you will need to call Southwest to get the taxes refunded, if the fare was BS, AT, or a points booking, and you do not want to hold for future use. The error has since been corrected for new bookings.

However, if a non-refundable form of payment was used (Gift Card, Travel Fund, Luv Voucher), those funds remain non-refundable, even when applied to a refundable ticket (including taxes/fees). In those cases, taxes only can be retained as a travel fund for a future booking.
The taxes were paid with a credit card and should have been fully refundable. I checked my history and both flights I’ve had an issue with had changes during that week in September. Thank you, you have solved the mystery!!!!

I changed my flight a few weeks ago when the banner was up and noticed when I checked the new confirmation that the price increase was on my confirmation although there is not supposed to be any additional charge. I was not asked for my credit card information so I’m hoping I wasn’t still charged somehow...

I changed my flight a few weeks ago when the banner was up and noticed when I checked the new confirmation that the price increase was on my confirmation although there is not supposed to be any additional charge. I was not asked for my credit card information so I’m hoping I wasn’t still charged somehow...
If you made the change online, check your credit card account, especially if your credit card number is stored in your Southwest profile.

11 months ago I brought one of my NY registered cars to my Florida home. Some tolls had a sign saying E-ZPass accepted. But then those signs disappeared and I saw a sign "End E-ZPass". I went through many tolls and just drove on through figuring I'd get a bill. To date no bill has arrived. I've since returned my NY E-ZPass and now use central Florida's E-Pass on my vehicles. I'll pay the bill if it ever finds me.

11 months ago I brought one of my NY registered cars to my Florida home. Some tolls had a sign saying E-ZPass accepted. But then those signs disappeared and I saw a sign "End E-ZPass". I went through many tolls and just drove on through figuring I'd get a bill. To date no bill has arrived. I've since returned my NY E-ZPass and now use central Florida's E-Pass on my vehicles. I'll pay the bill if it ever finds me.
Not sure what this has to do with SWA?

I'm trying to change one of my upcoming flights and keep getting an error message. I'm selecting the same flight to save 2200 points. Is anyone else having this issue?

I'm trying to change one of my upcoming flights and keep getting an error message. I'm selecting the same flight to save 2200 points. Is anyone else having this issue?
I don't want to alarm you but this happened to me right before they cancelled my flight. 😡

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter