Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Never heard of a limit to repricing on SWA. Maybe I've just never had that many for 1 flight but I was unaware there was a limit on how many you could do.

I'm trying to change one of my upcoming flights and keep getting an error message. I'm selecting the same flight to save 2200 points. Is anyone else having this issue?
Have you tried to check availability, as if making a new reservation? If the flight still shows with a lower fare, you can try logging out of your account, then back in, or try using incognito or private mode.

I had that happen one time and needed to get help from @SouthwestAir on Twitter. They were able to make the change.

I don’t think there is any limit on the number of times you can modify a booking for fare reductions.

Never heard of a limit to repricing on SWA. Maybe I've just never had that many for 1 flight but I was unaware there was a limit on how many you could do.
I could be wrong, but I thought I heard that on this thread. It's never happened to me personally either, but I tend to wait for bigger price drops.

ETA: I was wrong. Edited my original post so I don't give out bad info.

and I take ANY price drop. Its (normally!) a quick and easy process so I will do it no matter how small the drop.

Ok...so....we cancelled our December 2-9 trip but have yet to cancel our SW plane tickets. We bought them dirt cheap..like $45.00 each way. We got the change flight stuff, either right before or right after we cancelled our BWI reservations. For grins, I looked at SW for our dates again...wow! The $45.00 flight is now a $119.00 flight...the return went from $45.00 to $55.00. It seems a shame to waste such cheap airfare, but it's not likely we'll be able to use them by 5/2021. Certainly hoping that as December gets closer, SW will extend cancelled flight funds out to 9/2022...then I'll cancel! At this point, just gonna hang on to them until the last minute.

We bought them dirt cheap..like $45.00 each way. We got the change flight stuff, either right before or right after we cancelled our BWI reservations. For grins, I looked at SW for our dates again...wow! The $45.00 flight is now a $119.00 flight...the return went from $45.00 to $55.00.

I got my Jan flight to MCO for $79 and it's now $164 and the only direct flight. I keep checking just to see if the prices change for the better, but they haven't so far.

If I understand correctly, you can have 3 forms of payment on a reservation?
Do travel vouchers count as a form of payment?
There will be 4 people flying SW. 3 of us have travel vouchers from previously canceled flights- I know this will not full cover our new fares. I was going to get a SW gift card as a present for the 4th person.
So I would be looking at 3 vouchers, 1 gift card, and 1 credit card to cover the rest. Is this too much ? Do I need to split us up when I book?
thank you for any information

For those of you who have recently flown Southwest, I'm curious how they are keeping middle seats open. Are the flights truly empty enough where they can do this on every flight? DH and I are flying next week nonstop Buffalo to Orlando, which is normally a full flight.

We purchased EBCI back when the flights were booked (pre-Covid), and have made many changes with the most recent being on Monday. Because of this, it will put us at the back of the EBCI "line" for checking in (its my understanding EBCI passengers are checked in at 36 hours in the order in which EBCI is purchased, but flight changes reset that). Should we be concerned about getting two seats together in the same row if everyone is required to leave the middle seat open? Or are families permitted to sit three across if they are traveling together?
I just flew MDW-MCO and back again on planes that they claimed were sold out. I sat in the second row from the back both ways and didn't have anyone else in my row, on the return trip there wasn't anyone in the row behind me at all. I saw a few rows with only one person in it.

If I understand correctly, you can have 3 forms of payment on a reservation?
Do travel vouchers count as a form of payment?
There will be 4 people flying SW. 3 of us have travel vouchers from previously canceled flights- I know this will not full cover our new fares. I was going to get a SW gift card as a present for the 4th person.
So I would be looking at 3 vouchers, 1 gift card, and 1 credit card to cover the rest. Is this too much ? Do I need to split us up when I book?
thank you for any information
Its my understanding you are permitted three forms of payment per passenger. If three people each have one travel voucher, you can apply the travel vouchers and then use a credit card for the balance. For the fourth person, you can do the gift card and the credit card for the balance. The balance is paid as whole on the web site, but this is how it would be considered applied behind the scenes.

How late does Southwest wait before canceling a flight? We have had both our flights changed twice now and with less than three weeks to go I'm wondering if I can breath a sigh of relief that they are done canceling/changing our flights. Or do I keep checking daily? We are using a car service and I want to finalize our flights with them but I was hoping this would be the final change.

How late does Southwest wait before canceling a flight? We have had both our flights changed twice now and with less than three weeks to go I'm wondering if I can breath a sigh of relief that they are done canceling/changing our flights. Or do I keep checking daily? We are using a car service and I want to finalize our flights with them but I was hoping this would be the final change.
Sadly, these days until you're seated on the plane, there is a possibility that SW (or any airline) will change or cancel your flight. With the uncertainty of the times they are constantly tweaking their schedules. I'm sure the car services are well aware of this also.

Our original flight was 11/9 but they changed our 2:45 non stop to a 5 hr direct with a long layover in Baltimore. So we opted to come in a day early & make my DD put us up for the night.:)

Can't blame them...United and AA have been doing it. Bottom line is it's up to us, as consumers, to do what we think is right for ourselves and families.
I don't really disagree. It was mainly theater anyway. But I will admit that the lower numbers of people jockeying for boarding groups and overhead bin space was something I was looking forward to. At least it only affects me on the way home.

The “change” banner is back again, covering flights from about 2nd week of December, through end of 2020.

On another topic, there apparently will be an email sent to Southwest customers tomorrow...something related to middle seat blocking being dropped after November. It might be a big sale, some kind of perk for booked pax, so they don’t cancel, or ???? They are already getting pushback on social media, so they need to do something to quell customers’ displeasure with the change. AFAIK, Delta will be the only carrier to block middle seats thru Dec., until early Jan.

Update: Southwest just posted this message-perhaps this is what will be emailed to customers tomorrow:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter