Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

i agree with @EACarlson about seat location. I just came back from a Disney trip flying Southwest. 75/175 seats full on the flight to MCO, 85/143 seats filled on the flight back home. I sat in the back both times, and had rows to myself, with empty rows in front/behind me. Since I had to wait for checked luggage anyway, I wasn't really out any time.

OT question - sorry. Delta change my kids flight home and when they did they put them all in the same row. I purposefully booked them window, aisle and the window right behind. They all don’t WANT to sit next to each other lol. Can they do that?

OT question - sorry. Delta change my kids flight home and when they did they put them all in the same row. I purposefully booked them window, aisle and the window right behind. They all don’t WANT to sit next to each other lol. Can they do that?
You should be able to just go online and select different seats.

You should be able to just go online and select different seats.

Thanks - went online and figured it out. They changed planes from a 3 across seats to 2 across. I know airlines are keeping middle seats empty - will they leave the seat empty on a 2 seat plane?

Thanks - went online and figured it out. They changed planes from a 3 across seats to 2 across. I know airlines are keeping middle seats empty - will they leave the seat empty on a 2 seat plane?

it looks like they leave the aisle seat open on the left side only.

depends on the plane. Delta is keeping the entire B set of seats empty on CRJ's. On the Airbus' that are 2-4-2 seating they are blocking the middle two sets in the center section but nothing on either of the window sections. What route and equipment is it?

Delta will, it if's before January 4th (I think that's their date)

depends on the plane. Delta is keeping the entire B set of seats empty on CRJ's. On the Airbus' that are 2-4-2 seating they are blocking the middle two sets in the center section but nothing on either of the window sections. What route and equipment is it?

Thanks! I just looked and it is a CRJ 900. Luckily I had already moved my boys to C&D seats and my dd with get an A window seat across from them. Works out great - now to see if they change the flight again or just straight up cancel it!!!! ETA - its direct flight from MCO to RDU

How often do you all check to see if your flights got cheaper after you booked them?

I check at least once a day, sometimes multiple times a day if I remember/have time. There's been times I'd check many times a day over a period of weeks and nothing. But then there have been times I'd check in the morning and by afternoon I'd find the cheaper fare, so if you have the time, I'd look as often as you can :).

Every day at least once. As someone else mentioned now I'm just checking every day to make sure I still have a flight.

:thumbsup2

Ok...so....we cancelled our December 2-9 trip but have yet to cancel our SW plane tickets. We bought them dirt cheap..like $45.00 each way. We got the change flight stuff, either right before or right after we cancelled our BWI reservations. For grins, I looked at SW for our dates again...wow! The $45.00 flight is now a $119.00 flight...the return went from $45.00 to $55.00.

It's insane how fares change so drastically. I booked flights for Dec for DH & I at $45 each way. Right now the departure is up to $209 (was as high as $233 the other day) and the return is $149....just crazy!!

I just flew MDW-MCO and back again on planes that they claimed were sold out. I sat in the second row from the back both ways and didn't have anyone else in my row, on the return trip there wasn't anyone in the row behind me at all. I saw a few rows with only one person in it.

We just got back from a short trip to Charleston, SC and going out our flight only had 45 people and coming back there were maybe 80. DH & I went to Vegas the middle of Sept and both ways we had full flights with every row occupied. Crazy how some flights are empty but others are full (with the exception of the middle seats).

Its my understanding you are permitted three forms of payment per passenger. If three people each have one travel voucher, you can apply the travel vouchers and then use a credit card for the balance. For the fourth person, you can do the gift card and the credit card for the balance. The balance is paid as whole on the web site, but this is how it would be considered applied behind the scenes.

This is my understanding as well.

And in no surprise to me, SW just announced that beginning 12/1 the empty middle seat promise is gone.

We've flown quite a few times lately and while I know the airlines want/need to get back to normal, I'm definitely going to miss having that middle seat open :(.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the latest is regarding early bird refunds for cancellation? My son will not be accompanying us on the trip in a few weeks and I need to cancel the flight. (I know I can try to schedule it further out as a “placeholder” but I would rather cancel outright....if I can get a refund or credit).

Official policy is EBCI is non-refundable of YOU cancel the flight. That said you might recieve some grace if you call and ask nicely. Don't count on it, but it has happened. If SW cancels the flight, you can get a refund of EBCI, but you'll still need to call and ask for it. It isn't an automatic thing (or hasn't been anyway)

Steve

Official policy is EBCI is non-refundable of YOU cancel the flight. That said you might recieve some grace if you call and ask nicely. Don't count on it, but it has happened. If SW cancels the flight, you can get a refund of EBCI, but you'll still need to call and ask for it. It isn't an automatic thing (or hasn't been anyway)

Steve

Thanks!

Sigh, SW just change my return flight for Jan. I’ve been expecting it, but I didn’t really want to lose 4 hours of time at Disney.

Sigh, SW just change my return flight for Jan. I’ve been expecting it, but I didn’t really want to lose 4 hours of time at Disney.
Southwest continues to consolidate flights. Anyone with flights in January till early February needs to check their flights and go through the “no change in fare” change process, to confirm that their flights have not been changed, without their knowledge. If you just look up to the point where the change banner appears and no further, it may not reveal that you have been moved to a different time/flight. Their system is automated and does not always move the customer to a preferred flight; i.e., you might have a 9:00 a.m. nonstop booked, which dropped from the schedule. Instead of moving you to a new 10:00 a.m. nonstop, the system might move you to connecting flights departing at 9:30 a.m. and arriving two hours later than the 10:00 a.m. nonstop. Though the customer is supposed to receive email notifications of itinerary changes, it does not always happen.

Southwest continues to consolidate flights. Anyone with flights in January till early February needs to check their flights and go through the “no change in fare” change process, to confirm that their flights have not been changed, without their knowledge. If you just look up to the point where the change banner appears and no further, it may not reveal that you have been moved to a different time/flight. Their system is automated and does not always move the customer to a preferred flight; I.e., you might have a 9:00 a.m. nonstop booked, which dropped from the schedule. Instead of moving you to a new 10:00 a.m. nonstop, the system might move you to connecting flights departing at 9:30 a.m. and arriving two hours later than the 10:00 a.m. nonstop. Though the customer is supposed to receive email notifications of itinerary changes, it does not always happen.

They did send me a email and they moved me to the one remaining direct flight on our return day. There had been 3 and we were on the last one at 5:20, but we now leave at 11:15. I'm glad I've got an appt to get TSA precheck next week and that I'm renting a car so we don't have to get there 3 hours early for the flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter