Post Your Rescheduled/Relocated Resort Date Here

At a POR 9/5 - 9/16, only been offered CBR. Last GS CM I spoke to said she would send an email and request a callback from the GS recovery team. Hasn’t happened In the time frame promised. Do i call back?

My dates were 7/22-7/29
We are keeping our dates.
Original resort was Art of Animation in a Finding Nemo Suite.
I booked in early February with a TA discount. (we are AP holders)
We were moved to a 1BR villa at Disney's Riviera Resort at no additional cost.
I made my reservation myself (I am a TA)
I called all day on Monday - 2 dropped calls and on the 3rd call when I got through, the system was down. (Over 13 hours on hold on Monday) CM took my information for myself and two of my clients who also needed to change resorts for July. I received a call back on Tuesday around 5PM with my changes. My other two clients were moved to Deluxe Studio rooms at the Riviera.

At a POR 9/5 - 9/16, only been offered CBR. Last GS CM I spoke to said she would send an email and request a callback from the GS recovery team. Hasn’t happened In the time frame promised. Do i call back?
You were only offered CBR as only lateral moves are allowed now unless you need a specific amenity/room-type. What resort did you want instead? You may have to pay the difference for an upgrade now.

My dates were: 9/11-9/20
I am keeping my dates.
My original resort was: All-Star Movies
I have the 35% off room rate.
I am being moved to: Pop Century
My cost increase/decrease is: stayed the same
I made my original reservation myself
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email but had to call to get it changed.
There are 2 adults

My dates were: 08/08-08/14
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: AoA mermaid
I originally booked using: sun & fun (rebooked from April)
I am being moved to: AKL Kidani village studio
My cost increase/decrease is: $0
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email then I called
There is 1 adult, 1 (10yr old) child, in my party

My dates were: 7/27-8/03
I am keeping my dates or rescheduling to DD/MM/YYYY: keeping dates
My original resort was: Wilderness Lodge Standard View
I originally booked using XXXX discount: Free Dining Recovery Offer from canceled April trip
I am being moved to: Contemporary Garden Wing Standard View
My cost increase/decrease is: I got 35% off room portion due to canceled dining plan, but they wouldn't let me drop my tickets (we have APs) that were required for the free dining offer. Still, the move was "price protected" and I don't have to pay more than what I would have at WL.
How I was contacted about resort's closure: I knew about it from Disboards, had my TA call

Two Reservations
My dates were: 07/23/20 - 07/27/20
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: Port Orleans French Quarter - Garden View
I originally booked using Sun and Fun package
I am being moved to: Kidani Village 1BR Villa - Standard View

My dates were: 07/27/20 - 08/01/20
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo - Savannah View
I originally booked using Sun and Fun Resort Only
I am being moved to: Kidani Village 2BR Villa Savanna View

I called the reservation service number
There are 3 adults in my party

Anyone book original reservation through hotels.com and that hotel (i.e. Port Orleans Riverside) will not be available? Did Disney move you?

You were only offered CBR as only lateral moves are allowed now unless you need a specific amenity/room-type. What resort did you want instead? You may have to pay the difference for an upgrade now.

this is a delayed anniversary trip for us. We booked POR because we love that resort and it was the first Disney resort we ever stayed at. We do not love CBR. We did not choose to book at CBR. We have already rescheduled once. I would hope, that this being such a special trip for us, Disney would work with us. Otherwise we will cancel. It would be nice to have at least received a call back in the promised timeframe.

My dates were: 07/16/20-7/20/20
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: Port Orleans Riverside - Garden View
I originally booked using Undercover Tourist, change was updated automatically
I am being moved to: Contemporary Resort- Garden Wing

Anyone book original reservation through hotels.com and that hotel (i.e. Port Orleans Riverside) will not be available? Did Disney move you?
I saw on another thread that third-party bookings are handling modifications week-by-week and that the change will show up automatically on MDE, but that you should call the third-party (Hotels.com, in your case) to confirm that you're still going for your dates.

ETA: You might want to keep an eye on this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/automatic-mde-resort-change.3805831/

Last edited:
this is a delayed anniversary trip for us. We booked POR because we love that resort and it was the first Disney resort we ever stayed at. We do not love CBR. We did not choose to book at CBR. We have already rescheduled once. I would hope, that this being such a special trip for us, Disney would work with us. Otherwise we will cancel. It would be nice to have at least received a call back in the promised timeframe.
Unfortunately, a lot of guests had special trips they had to reschedule and I don't think they're taking that into account right now. They have to follow a strict matrix. If you have a room discount, they can apply it to a requested resort/room that is different than what they offered you.

Unfortunately, a lot of guests had special trips they had to reschedule and I don't think they're taking that into account right now. They have to follow a strict matrix. If you have a room discount, they can apply it to a requested resort/room that is different than what they offered you.
I’m aware of that. Frankly to be given one option to switch to is a joke. As is the 17 hours of time I spent on hold over two days waiting to speak with someone.
The guest services agent I spoke to offered a call back by Friday night. That has not happened. I’m only asking that timeframe for the callback be kept.

I am dealing with this myself. My first call was to Disney. 3 hour hold, and they said to call Hotels.com. I called Hotels.com and they tried to put me in a "Comparable off site location", as they can't change my resort. Someone on another thread said Disney has to honor the reservation, if they no one contacts them, they are just going to show up and see where Disney puts them.

While I understand the situation is frustrating, especially seeing some of the options people have received in similar circumstances before CBR was going to open and before Disney imposed a more rigid policy, but now that the policy is in place and you are going to be traveling when CBR is open, I don't think they have the flexibility or authority to take special factors like anniversary trips or personal preference into account when authorizing moves. It's totally understandable that you personally do not think CBR is equivalent to POR, but from the point of view of Disney and most consumers they are, otherwise Disney wouldn't be able to charge similar rates for CBR and POR. Disney is a business and now that they have a policy in place, they can't just upgrade people because of personal circumstances. If CBR is truly unacceptable, you might want to call and see what they can do for you in terms of upgrading to a Deluxe, but aside from that I think you are stuck.

I was finally was able to get through after trying since Monday, using 4 different phone numbers and an hour waiting to get through today!! The Cast Member I had was wonderful, very kind and helpful.

My dates were: 9/9-9/15
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: All Star Sports Preferred Room
I am being moved to: Pop Century Standard
My cost increase/decrease is: Price stayed the same
I wasn’t contacted about my resort being closed
Just me in my party!

My dates were 7-17 to 7/26
Port Orleans French Quarter river view
Kept original dates
1 adult, 1 "child" age 17
Moved to Riviera, Deluxe studio preferred view
Booked through Undercover Tourist
Changed made automatically yesterday in MDE by Disney, since I booked 3rd party. I did not have to call.

While I understand the situation is frustrating, especially seeing some of the options people have received in similar circumstances before CBR was going to open and before Disney imposed a more rigid policy, but now that the policy is in place and you are going to be traveling when CBR is open, I don't think they have the flexibility or authority to take special factors like anniversary trips or personal preference into account when authorizing moves. It's totally understandable that you personally do not think CBR is equivalent to POR, but from the point of view of Disney and most consumers they are, otherwise Disney wouldn't be able to charge similar rates for CBR and POR. Disney is a business and now that they have a policy in place, they can't just upgrade people because of personal circumstances. If CBR is truly unacceptable, you might want to call and see what they can do for you in terms of upgrading to a Deluxe, but aside from that I think you are stuck.
I get what you are saying, and we will cancel our trip if we have to. I’m frustrated on two accounts. 1) seeing people with dates similar to ours, and staying at POR/POFQ, get moved to deluxes last Mon/Tues, and 2) being promised a callback by Friday night and not receiving one.
I also know that Disney is a business. However, this is not normal circumstances, and as consumers, we have had to be patient and live on the tiny scraps of info Disney has come out with. I spent 17 hours on hold over two days, being disconnected 3 times, and to be given one option is not great. Obviously there are others in my situation as well, some are happy, some are not.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m super happy for everyone who got upgrades, We were just hoping we’d be one of them, and don’t think it’s too much to ask to be called back in the promised time frame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter