Priceline Strategies

shelaj

Earning My Ears
Hi:

Last year I managed to book at trip to disney via priceline and got the Swan. Can anybody tell me the strategies for getting the hotels close to disney. I am going August 11 - 18th.

Any help would be appreciated.

Or if you know any other great deals please let me know.

I have used priceline to book hotels at other places, but not at Disney so I can't help you much there. I have, however, seen some really good threads on the budget board explaining strategy. You might want to do a search in that forum or post there if you haven't yet. Good luck!

You were really lucky to get the Swan. I'm told that most go to Marriott Orlando World Conference Center, which is why I will never use priceline again for a Disney vacation. Yes, the hotel is a world class hotel, but we were there for Disney, not to be secluded away from everything. And, if you do get there, anything you might have saved will have to be spent on a rental car, because if you rely on their transportation, your vacation will be highly stressed trying to get to the right spot at the right time (or you wait another hour - or, if you miss the last bus, you take a cab). We were booked for 3 nights and checked out after 2. Went to the All Star Sports and, for our needs, it was so much better than that "grand hotel". Besides, the discounts are great right now. Go to mousesavers.com and you will find (among others):

Contemporary Wing - $139
Contemporary Tower - $199
Grand Floridian - $199
Moderates - $89
All Stars - $49
Yacht/Beach Club/Boardwalk - $169

Good luck and enjoy!

:bounce: :smooth: :bounce: :cool: :bounce: :smooth: :bounce:

the following message board.

http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

Read the hotel faq, then check out the Orlando area under hotels. Be sure to use the bonus money link. You can also find hotel reviews for the hotels that come up.

I had a great stay at the Grosvenor in June at the cost of $35 per night. The park transportation was wonderful and we had all the perks of WDW resort hotels.

Carolyn

We use priceline alot. However, we live in FL and have our own transportation, so we do not have the problems that the previous post mentioned with relying upon a shuttle. We have annual passes too so we dont have to pay to park!!!!
The best rates that I have gotten are
Grovesnor at DD for $25.00 in Aug '00
for $40.00 for Aug 31 '01 -Sep 3 '01
Omni Rosen Center (at Sea World)--excellent !!!!!
easy access to Disney via international dr...dont
have to get on I-4
We have stayed here several times at $40.00 or
less a night.
This weekend we are doing the Universal thing and will
be at Radisson Hotel Universal...3 star that goes for about $100.00 a night a believe..got it for $25.00 a night....can't beat that....
We usually chose 3 star or better, but now with Priceline adding on the resort choice (above the 4 star) you will have to bid a little higher choose 4star if you want to try for the Dolphin or Swan. Rumor has it that it has been almost a year since those hotels appeared on priceline. See the priceline/expedia bidding page that the previous post suggest.
Good Luck to you,
Mowsearz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter