~ Prince Josh and Princess Caitlin get married at the Happiest Place on Earth!PG 13

First off, I love Say Yes to the Dress - it's an event at my house with me and my mom we get so mad and yell at the tv when the bridesmaids and moms make fun of the bride haha but anyway, I'm sorry your experience wasn't like you imagined but YAY that you were still able to find your perfect dress :cool1:

I'm so glad you found your dress! I agree about David's Bridal though. I went with one of my good friends and they wouldn't listen to anything she said! I had to keep speaking up to the consultant because she was ignoring the bride's wishes. It was so frustrating. You should PM me the link for your dress. ;)

First off, I love Say Yes to the Dress - it's an event at my house with me and my mom we get so mad and yell at the tv when the bridesmaids and moms make fun of the bride haha but anyway, I'm sorry your experience wasn't like you imagined but YAY that you were still able to find your perfect dress :cool1:

:laughing: A lot of people have mentioned that show to me so I knew I needed to title my post that :laughing:

I am glad I found my dress and don't have to go through thatagain :laughing:

I'm so glad you found your dress! I agree about David's Bridal though. I went with one of my good friends and they wouldn't listen to anything she said! I had to keep speaking up to the consultant because she was ignoring the bride's wishes. It was so frustrating. You should PM me the link for your dress. ;)

I am too!

Aw that is too sad :sad2: Wedding dress shopping should be fun and magical not a headache!

Hm maybe I will :rolleyes1

Love :cloud9:the Up theme and that house was adorable!!! Plus the book you made of your adventures and the Passport from around the world...great touches!!

I bought my dress at David's and had a wonderful experience. But that was 10 years ago. I have a friend who got married last January and I suggested she go there. We heard people saying bad things but I thought back on my good experiences--10 years ago :rolleyes1--and we went anyway. BIG MISTAKE!!! It was not the same place I had loved so much! But at least you got a dress you love!!

Love :cloud9:the Up theme and that house was adorable!!! Plus the book you made of your adventures and the Passport from around the world...great touches!!

I bought my dress at David's and had a wonderful experience. But that was 10 years ago. I have a friend who got married last January and I suggested she go there. We heard people saying bad things but I thought back on my good experiences--10 years ago :rolleyes1--and we went anyway. BIG MISTAKE!!! It was not the same place I had loved so much! But at least you got a dress you love!!

Thank you! Everything came together perfectly!

I know I had heard good things as well! Samantha my cousin's wife was telling me how great it is and she went and got one last year :sad2: A lot can change in a short amount of time. I am glad I found the dress though!

I haven't posted on this PTR much but I have to weigh in on THE DRESS. While Caitlin was filling out the paperwork Aunt Karen (my mom's bff for over 50 years!) wandered around the store. At the same moment we both spotted THE DRESS. :lovestruc It was absolutely beautiful and exactly the kind of dress we pictured her in. Just like I knew Josh was going to be "the one" I knew this was THE DRESS. She looked radiant in it and once she decided all of us were in tears. (including our bride to be)

Now Caitlin already told you that most of the dress shopping experience was a major headache, including the sticker shock when they wanted full payment that day, but seeing her in that dress with her tiara on her head and tears of joy in her eyes, it suddenly was all worth it! :goodvibes

awa you and your moms relationship is so adorable...so gilmore girls - in a good way of course! :laughing:

How awesome that you got your dress!! :banana:

I'm sad that David's Bridal put you through that...but not surprised. I thought it was just two of the DB by me but I guess not...their customer service sucks. They seem to be mostly about making money and not about giving good service and making the bride feel amazing! Either way, I'm glad you didn't let it ruin your day and you found a dress to make you look and feel like a princess! :thumbsup2

If you get a chance, I started a PTR for a quick Jan/Feb trip we're taking...here's the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2814758 if you get a chance come on over!

How awesome that you got your dress!! :banana:

I'm sad that David's Bridal put you through that...but not surprised. I thought it was just two of the DB by me but I guess not...their customer service sucks. They seem to be mostly about making money and not about giving good service and making the bride feel amazing! Either way, I'm glad you didn't let it ruin your day and you found a dress to make you look and feel like a princess! :thumbsup2

If you get a chance, I started a PTR for a quick Jan/Feb trip we're taking...here's the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2814758 if you get a chance come on over!

I am so excited!

I was very upset about David's Bridal they had so many cute dresses!

I will jump over to your PTR!

Glad to hear you got a dress! I'm sorry though the consultation for you didn't go over so smoothly. But at least the dress you wanted was one of the first. :thumbsup2 Hopefully everything else goes over as smoothly :-)

Sorry your experience wasn't that great...but YAYYY for finding the dress! Can't wait to see it! But I totally get why you don't want to post a pic! Gotta stay sneaky about it. ;)

Glad to hear you got a dress! I'm sorry though the consultation for you didn't go over so smoothly. But at least the dress you wanted was one of the first. :thumbsup2 Hopefully everything else goes over as smoothly :-)
Thank you! I was glad too!

I am just glad I don't have to go through it again!

I hope so too!

Sorry your experience wasn't that great...but YAYYY for finding the dress! Can't wait to see it! But I totally get why you don't want to post a pic! Gotta stay sneaky about it. ;)

Oh well I am just glad I found the dress!

I know I want it to be a big surprise!

Congrats Caitlin & Josh! Welcome to the wonderful world of Disney Weddings! Best decision you could have ever made!
smile.gif
Looking forward to hearing about your planning!

Download Software

Thank you!

I am excited!

Ugh, I can sympathize with your frustration at David's Bridal. I used Alfred Angelos, which is just like a David's Bridal. Most frustrating experience of my life.

However, once the wedding day came, and I had my beautiful dress, the frustration of choosing it was long gone. I'm glad you found THE dress! :bride:

I am so happy you found your dress but so sorry that it wasn't all you expected! Customer service can make or break any experience that's for sure! I can't wait to see it!!!

Ugh, I can sympathize with your frustration at David's Bridal. I used Alfred Angelos, which is just like a David's Bridal. Most frustrating experience of my life.

However, once the wedding day came, and I had my beautiful dress, the frustration of choosing it was long gone. I'm glad you found THE dress! :bride:
I am sorry your dress shopping was frustrating too!

I am glad I found the dress too!

I am so happy you found your dress but so sorry that it wasn't all you expected! Customer service can make or break any experience that's for sure! I can't wait to see it!!!

I am too! I tried on a lot :laughing:

I know and I am disappointed that David's Bridal doesn't follow any of the guidelines they set :sad2:

A year and 8 days till the wedding!

So happy you were able to find your dress on the first time out. Finding THE DRESS is such a magical feeling isn't it? I often find myself sitting in a meeting at work thinking "you know, this meeting would be so much better if I was wearing my wedding dress". Ha, ha, ha. THE DRESS will creep into your mind when you are least expecting it and make you smile. I can't wait to wear mine in less than 5 months! :goodvibes

Loved the pictures of your engagement party. The house was great. The adventure book was such a sweet idea too. I'm glad you found your dress.

So happy you were able to find your dress on the first time out. Finding THE DRESS is such a magical feeling isn't it? I often find myself sitting in a meeting at work thinking "you know, this meeting would be so much better if I was wearing my wedding dress". Ha, ha, ha. THE DRESS will creep into your mind when you are least expecting it and make you smile. I can't wait to wear mine in less than 5 months! :goodvibes

I was too!

It is! I started crying :lovestruc

Yay for your wedding coming up! I know I keep looking at pictures of it online :laughing:

Loved the pictures of your engagement party. The house was great. The adventure book was such a sweet idea too. I'm glad you found your dress.

Thank you!

I loved how the book turned out!

I am too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter