• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

QS - are there locations were CM will make you have food to sit?

Boopuff

DIS Veteran
I read an article that stated some of the QS will have CM's stationed to prevent people from holding/lingering at tables. I couldn't find a current thread on this. Anyone have any experience with this?

The only place where I think it’s “rude” to but ahead and hold a table is BOG. It seems most people wait until they check in and pay before looking for a table.

I’ve seen this at cosmic rays when it was very busy. CMs allowing access to tables only if you have food. I love this actually as you don’t end up wandering around looking for a table with trays full of food/drink.

They don’t prevent people from lingering after eating though so you don’t have to feel rushed.

I think right at meal time it would be discouraged- if you and your family ever wandered around with trays of food and drink and walked past people just resting their legs, you would also find it very frustrating. Since there are few places to sit outside, sometimes when the QS place is full, it’s nice if people would leave when they are finished and others are trying to find a place. Otherwise, it’s really nice to be able to sit and rest a bit and no one will care.

I don’t blame the people at all- I blame Disney for removing all the places to sit outside except for a little bit by the Dole Whip place (through that tunnel), and a couple of other spots only. Everyone needs a chance to rest their legs, get out of the heat, look over their maps and places, etc.

Supposedly, we aren't going during a "busy" time (ha) so I doubt I'll see it in use.

We did see this at Docking Bay 7 and after eating there it was 100% the right thing to do to control the crowd. You must enter through the main entrance, many people were trying to go through the exit to snag a table, they redirected people to go through the main entrance. I you had a mobile order you went through the exit but you could not enter until your order was ready.

I read an article that stated some of the QS will have CM's stationed to prevent people from holding/lingering at tables. I couldn't find a current thread on this. Anyone have any experience with this?

Yes, we encountered this at Satuli but this was a few years ago so I don't know if it's still in practice or if they just do it during busy times. The inside seating was completely roped off and manned by a CM. You could only enter if you had ordered, paid and received your food.

The only place I've ever seen this in practice is Satuli (last year). We found tables in multiple QS places on our trip last week and sat while using mobile order- we were actually encouraged to do this by a few CMs.

Yes, we encountered this at Satuli but this was a few years ago so I don't know if it's still in practice or if they just do it during busy times. The inside seating was completely roped off and manned by a CM. You could only enter if you had ordered, paid and received your food.

I think that is also just during busy times (of day or year). When we were there a few months ago, we walked in shortly after it opened and nothing was roped off and no one around. Same for when we left but that was still slightly before the lunch rush so they might have done it later in the day.

My daughter worked this past fall as a college program CP at Pecos Bills. They did exactly this but only during VERY busy times, ie Thanksgiving day, the sold out parties, and Christmas week. And at those times, (Easter week will probably be the same), they really have to or they end up with tons of people walking around with trays of food and no one can find a seat ever. I've also been at AK @ Satuuli Canteen when they have tables marked off reserved until you come to a CM and ask, then they will seat you with food.

This happened to my ds just last December.
he popped to the restroom& cm was determined he could not enter!
it took dh to intervene before he could return to our table.
Also, we have come across food first, seating later in Pinocchios...well manned by cms.

Every time we have eaten at Pinocchio's Village Haus, once you have your tray of food the CM's will bring you to an empty table.

Seen at:
MK: Pinocchios, Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bill [note: not possible at BOG due to setup]
EPCOT: Electric Umbrella but it's gone now
DHS: Docking Bay, Backlot but it was during special events
AK: Satuli, Restaurantasaurus

Depends on the crowds, the day, the time and likely even the staffing at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter