QS - are there locations were CM will make you have food to sit?

This happened to my ds just last December.
he popped to the restroom& cm was determined he could not enter!
it took dh to intervene before he could return to our table.
Also, we have come across food first, seating later in Pinocchios...well manned by cms.
We had this happen at CHH once. Kept trying to tell the CM we already had food on the table but he kept talking over me. I finally just walked past him.

Wow I’ve never seen this happen in the last couple years. Someone got mad at us for saving a stand up table at woodys, our food was taking way too long even with mobile order. It was raining so we invited people to share our table. It was chaotic that day and nobody was there to organize the chaos.

My husband got completely chewed out at Satuli by a cast member. We had already ordered the food and our then 2 year old was getting antsy so he went to find a table with her and I had the other two kids with me to carry food. The cast member was absolutely nasty to him and told him that if he didn't have a receipt, he needed to leave, and he was sitting alone for not even 5 minutes.

We have never had this experience at any of the QS places, but then we never go during the summer. So, actually we've never seen CM's directing anyone to a table, or holding anyone back. We've had to look for an empty table for a bit at Pinocchio Haus tho'.

The cast member was absolutely nasty to him and told him that if he didn't have a receipt, he needed to leave, and he was sitting alone for not even 5 minutes.
Nastiness was definitely not appropriate, but if CMs were monitoring seating, it would be to enable people actually with food to sit and eat.

Nastiness was definitely not appropriate, but if CMs were monitoring seating, it would be to enable people actually with food to sit and eat.

Well, he had food. I was carrying it to the table while he was wrangling a toddler. I understand not wanting people to hog the tables, but the rudeness was not okay. And seriously. We had already ordered the food. And I'll add that there were several empty tables around us, so it's not like it was standing room only.

I saw this happen yesterday at Pinocchio’s. A CM told a woman pushing her stroller into the seating area that she can’t sit unless she has food.

That’s a good thing, as I’m tired of walking around with a tray saying “Can I sit here?” and have people saving tables/seats or not eating.

The issue isn’t with the QS places- it’s with Disney removing places in the shade to sit for a few moments. This is one place back past ToT, and I can usually find a place to sit there by the coffee wagon for a moment or two. I know they want to keep traffic moving, but a place set off for people to sit and/or snack would be very welcome!

I saw this happen yesterday at Pinocchio’s. A CM told a woman pushing her stroller into the seating area that she can’t sit unless she has food.
Very interesting as this is a recent experience you are sharing. We have never experienced this or seen it.

Well, he had food. I was carrying it to the table while he was wrangling a toddler. I understand not wanting people to hog the tables, but the rudeness was not okay. And seriously. We had already ordered the food. And I'll add that there were several empty tables around us, so it's not like it was standing room only.
This is different from what was originally posted
My husband got completely chewed out at Satuli by a cast member. We had already ordered the food and our then 2 year old was getting antsy so he went to find a table with her and I had the other two kids with me to carry food. The cast member was absolutely nasty to him and told him that if he didn't have a receipt, he needed to leave, and he was sitting alone for not even 5 minutes.
Having ordered the food is not the same as [actually/physically] having the food in one's possession. Sitting in a QS restaurant even for "less than five minutes" without food indicates to me that the party is not ready to eat. That there were a few empty tables means that others arriving in the dining area would be ble to sit and eat immed when ready.

When Cast Members are monitoring seating - which is relstively rare - Disney has a reason.

This is different from what was originally posted
Having ordered the food is not the same as [actually/physically] having the food in one's possession. Sitting in a QS restaurant even for "less than five minutes" without food indicates to me that the party is not ready to eat. That there were a few empty tables means that others arriving in the dining area would be ble to sit and eat immed when ready.

When Cast Members are monitoring seating - which is relstively rare - Disney has a reason.

OMG so sue my husband for sitting at a table for less than 5 minutes without his food in his mouth. They already have the lines set up so that you can't enter if you're not purchasing. I get it. I get that Disney has a reason. We've been in Pecos Bill before and there were NO seats because people were sitting inside taking all of the tables to cool off in the air conditioning. But in my opinion that is very different than a dad waiting on his food with one of the kids while mom is getting the food with the other kids. And to be an absolute jerk about it is a whole different issue.

Last edited:
We loved the food at Woody’s but this kind of thing is why it was a one and done for us. Already impossible seating situation made worse by the sheer number of people holding tables without food. Everyone thinks “well it won’t be long”, “it’s raining”, “insert other excuse here” and then there’s no seats for people with actual trays in their hands.

I wish CMs would enforce “no food, no sitting” 24/7 tbh.

During peak times at popular places and with the onslaught of mobile order, trays of food being cranked out, far exceeds table capacity.

Eating at non peak times is really the only thing anyone can do to avoid seating frustration.

OMG so sue my husband for sitting at a table for less than 5 minutes without his food in his mouth.
Wow! Sue? Seriously? You want Disney to sue your husband for not following the direction of a CM who was complying with the instructions of her/his employer??
But in my opinion that is very different than a dad waiting on his food with one of the kids while mom is getting the food with the other kids.
In your opinion, sure. But without food and without a receipt, the CM had NO way whatsoever to determine the people who took that table were actually going to be eating. Less than five minutes can be anywhere from 4:59 to :20
And to be an absolute jerk about it is a whole different issue.
Agreed.

Last summer I got lunch at the quick service place in Morocco, took it to an outside table, and it started to rain. There were no empty tables inside. A very nice couple let me share their table inside. I was grateful.

Oops, I think I replied in the wrong thread.

Last edited:
OMG so sue my husband for sitting at a table for less than 5 minutes without his food in his mouth. They already have the lines set up so that you can't enter if you're not purchasing. I get it. I get that Disney has a reason. We've been in Pecos Bill before and there were NO seats because people were sitting inside taking all of the tables to cool off in the air conditioning. But in my opinion that is very different than a dad waiting on his food with one of the kids while mom is getting the food with the other kids. And to be an absolute jerk about it is a whole different issue.
It’s the internet - you should take some of these comments with a large grain of salt. Sometimes the lines get blurred between between giving advice and trying to control other people’s every action.

Wow! Sue? Seriously? You want Disney to sue your husband for not following the direction of a CM who was complying with the instructions of her/his employer??

In your opinion, sure. But without food and without a receipt, the CM had NO way whatsoever to determine the people who took that table were actually going to be eating. Less than five minutes can be anywhere from 4:59 to :20

Agreed.
"Sue me" is a figure of speech.

We loved the food at Woody’s but this kind of thing is why it was a one and done for us. Already impossible seating situation made worse by the sheer number of people holding tables without food. Everyone thinks “well it won’t be long”, “it’s raining”, “insert other excuse here” and then there’s no seats for people with actual trays in their hands.

I wish CMs would enforce “no food, no sitting” 24/7 tbh.

They should do that by Ronto Roasters. We got food, but had nowhere to sit because all of the tables were taken up by people without any food at all. They weren't waiting on it, either, because the restaurant counter was not at all busy. We wound up having to sneak in the exit of DB7 to sit and eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter