QS - are there locations were CM will make you have food to sit?

Yes i find that annoying too. HOWEVER, I would also find it annoying when an entire family of six (with two strollers) go up to the cash to place an order. I dont know why. I guess I figure its best to send one or two representatives per your family, and have the rest wait at the table or off to the side (with the strollers). So i can actually see it from both sides.
I don't understand.. are you saying that as a family of 6 you can't take the kids that can walk with you to order while another adult stands to the side or outside with the 2 strollers and waits ? Order food meet back up with family wait a few min go check on food grab food grab family and go sit. Not a hard concept.

Another plug for mobile order. Whenever we tell the CM at the door we've mobile ordered, they tell us to find a table and wait for the order to be completed. We've never been directed to wait at the mobile order window until we had food in hand before finding a table.

Pro tip put in your mobile order 5-10 min before your going to arrive. I usally do it while we walk there and shop around till it says it's ready than go to the restaurant. No wasted time no issues with being told to wait and your family will feel like your magic getting the food so fast. Yes some places don't offer MO but I just don't eat there if the lines are crazy.

That’s a great pro tip! And even if you follow the directions on MDE and wait until you get to the restaurant to hit “I am here,” you’ll be directed to find a table while your food is being prepared. That reduces the chance of having to walk around with food trying to find a table. Mobile ordering is the best!

Just chiming in to agree that I've only seen CMs limit seating to those who already had food when the place was crazy busy, like Christmastime and Easter. For places like Cosmic Rays, at those times they will limit entry to one door only and won't let anyone sit unless their party is together and has their food . That said, we've been to WDW 30+ times, usually not at exceptionally busy times, and we have only seen seating limited once, when we went during Easter week and MK was super crowded and the QS places were mobbed.. And there are times when DH and I would like to sit and rest and enjoy our own snack or water, and we will sometimes do that at a QS that has outdoor seating, like the Electric Umbrella or Pinocchio's, but ONLY if there are plenty of other available seats for the patrons. We never do that if seating is at a premium.

As a solo traveler, I wish they would do this more. I never eat during "prime" times & even then getting my food & wandering around trying find a seat anywhere is a challenge. Yes I understand why people send someone to hold a table while they order, but I usually have eaten & am leaving before the people even arrive with the food.

Bless the people who let me share a table or offer a chair! Your kindness is much appreciated!

I completely agree!

I wish they did this everywhere every time

no one should have to wander to find a table. If it takes 10 minutes in line, a family could have used that table and been done eating in that time

the food is carried on a tray. It is eaten quickly. No one wants to linger overly long, there are rides and shows to do!

a family taking up a table prevents another family from eating. how is that fair?

ymmv

side note, keep this post friendly and kind. or it too will be closed like every other time it’s been posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter