Questions for Northerners by Southerners or vice-versa in the USA?

I grew up in the northeast where sweet tea was definitely not a thing. Someone in the family liked unsweetened tea, but I can't remember who. I was allowed a little bit of sweetener if I wanted some, but nothing more than a single packet of Sweet'N Low. As much as I like desserts and fruity cocktails, most sweet drinks are just too sweet to me. I can't drink full sugar soda and I water down any juice I'm served. The first time I tried sweet tea, it was so cloyingly sweet that it made me sick to my stomach. When my friends insisted I have it with lunch, I needed water chasers just to keep it down. 🤣

I don't love hot tea either, but I used to sing a lot and tea with honey and lemon is a necessity. While also crazy sweet, I can handle honey as a sweetener in my tea.
I don’t like my sweet tea too sweet either, so I get half sweet and half unsweet and it’s good.

does it realy get much cooler/tolerable at night in the humid southern states? on our first trip to orlando we assumed (stupidly) that like in hawaii once the sun goes down the humidity greatly decreases and the weather is much more plesant. nooooooooo-it felt to us no different than during the day. i lived for years in an area where 104 was a normal day to day summer temp-but it was dry heat, even the high 80's kill me with humidity.
Not really. The lows will still be in the 80s. It’s still unpleasant out and then there’s the mosquitos.
It’s not as humid where I live compared to Houston and Louisiana. But it still sucks.
We were in Mexico last summer and it was 95 degrees with 90% humidity and it was still so hot at night. Cool river swimming didn’t even cool us down.

My question is to northerners: do you consider Maryland a northern or southern state?
I live in Maryland, and I consider it a northern state. Come to think of it I don't think I'm terribly far from the line.
Another Maryland question here - thoughts on Old Bay seasoning?
We are a JO family in general, meaning I buy it by the small bucketload, but have no real issue w/ Old Bay. Just a preference I guess.
Curios to all of you who don’t like sweet ice tea. Do you like hot tea?
I'm not a sweet tea drinker, but I'll enjoy a cold unsweetened ice tea now and then. I used to drink my hot tea sweetened, but I weaned myself off of it sweet.

I live in Maryland, and I consider it a northern state. Come to think of it I don't think I'm terribly far from the line.

One of my best friends from college was from MD. I remember driving home with her one break and it was the first time I ever saw the signs marking the Mason-Dixon Line. I also considered MD a northern state (even though I know it's more Mid-Atlantic) and assumed (incorrectly) that the line was much further south.

Love this idea! How about we kick things off with a fun one: snow days vs. heat waves? As a Southerner, I've always wondered how Northerners handle those crazy amounts of snow, and I bet Northerners are curious about how we survive those scorching summer days down here! Let's hear your thoughts! ❄️🔥
In the south, we have air conditioning everywhere. We spend time in the pool too. But mid to late summer it’s usually too hot for the pool in the afternoon so we go in the evening. We have a neighborhood pool.
Cooling off at the ice skating rink is nice too.

Schools in the South have a different school year schedule compared to our northern schools correct? In the North, our school year runs September to June.

Here's a question -- lobster rolls, hot buttered, or cold with mayo?

It is very bizarre to me that in CT almost all lobster rolls are hot with butter, and properly served on a toasted/grilled hot dog bun. But once I get out of CT and parts of MA, hot lobster rolls are almost unheard of! And that goes for states further north, too!

I don't mind a cold lobster roll, but that's not what I think of when I think lobster roll, and definitely not what I prefer.
I am also from CT and only eat the hot buttered lobster rolls. I don’t get why you would want a cold one the mayo is strong and overpowers the delicate lobster. I am not sure why it’s only a CT thing. With that said I do enjoy a lobster bomb (lobster roll in a bread bowl with lobster bisque on top) and now I’m wondering if Fords found a new location and reopened. 😂

I live in New England, and I love Old Bay! I put it on fish, have added it to soup, and have been meaning to try the Old Bay Goldfish crackers I saw advertised. But I wouldn't really be interested in the butter or vodka.
I love and use Old Bay on many of the same things you mentioned. I never had it earlier in my life but once I tried it I was hooked.

Schools in the South have a different school year schedule compared to our northern schools correct? In the North, our school year runs September to June.

Depends on the area. Ours has traditional which is late August - early June. We also have year round which is basically 9 weeks on, 3 weeks off. We also have modified year round which gives a maybe 6-7 weeks summer, a 2 week fall break, 3 weeks over the holiday season, and 2 weeks spring break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter