Radiator spring racers height requirments confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margaret1976

Earning My Ears
Can someone please confirm once and for all what the height requirment will be. For the longest time people said 40 inches now I am reading 42 inches. Which is it? You would think 3 weeks before ride opens we would know for sure. Disney of course has nothing on there sight that says anything about what height requirment will be.Please someone help.

Ugh. I really really hope it is 40. DS just made 40 inches and once he did I made the mistake of telling him about the ride. we have 2 months but I don't think he'll grown that much by then.

Well what I have been reading now, it looks like its 42 inches. My son is going to be really cutting it close.

Ugh. I really really hope it is 40. DS just made 40 inches and once he did I made the mistake of telling him about the ride. we have 2 months but I don't think he'll grown that much by then.

That's not a mistake, in my opinion. There are ways to enjoy that ride without actually riding. Eat at Flo's and look out the window at the track, for instance.

My kid is going to be upset if he can't ride. My son has been hearing about this ride.since we visited last year. When he reached 40 inches in December he was so exicited. Again I blame Disneyland for not posting height requirments earlier. I mean they don't even have the matterhorn new height requirments yet which is 42 inches. So if someone who is just going on Disneyland site sees it still says 35 inches. Not everyone is on these boards. Big difference between 35 and 42.

My kid is going to be upset if he can't ride. My son has been hearing about this ride.since we visited last year. When he reached 40 inches in December he was so exicited. Again I blame Disneyland for not posting height requirments earlier. I mean they don't even have the matterhorn new height requirments yet which is 42 inches. So if someone who is just going on Disneyland site sees it still says 35 inches. Not everyone is on these boards. Big difference between 35 and 42.

With all the rumors floating around, I figured, why not just ask? I emailed them via the Disneyland Resort website and got an answer back today. While I don't think this counts as "official", I don't see why a Guest Communications Rep. would lie or be misinformed this close to the attraction re-opening. Here is a copy of the email...

There is some speculation on the ride height requirement changing for
MATTERHORN once it is refurbed and reopened in June. Do have any
information on the height requirement changing and when the Disneyland
Park website will be updated to reflect any changes. Thank you!

Response:

Dear Aaron,

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

You will be pleased to know that our height requirement will not change
on our refurbished Matterhorn Bobsleds attraction.
Again, thank you for
taking the time to write. We hope you will have the opportunity to visit
the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and trust your visit will be pleasant in all
regards.

Sincerely,

Linda Trump
DISNEYLAND® Resort
Guest Communications

It has been reported for a while that the matterhorn would go to 42 inches, so if that's wrong also then al lutz needs to find a new job.

It has been reported for a while that the matterhorn would go to 42 inches, so if that's wrong also then al lutz needs to find a new job.

Unlike Linda Trump, Al Lutz does not work for Disney. Although I personally did not read him declare the 42 inches statement. Is that still online?

It's amazing that 2 e ticket rides that are opening in 3 weeks have no definative height requirments. Again it seems like everyone has a different story.

I am pretty sure it is. But I read it everywhere that Matterhorn would go to 42 inches

Here's the article you were referencing ...

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al040312a.htm

For the first 45 years of Matterhorn’s operation, the requirement was only that a rider must be 3 years of age or older. Then about ten years ago the requirement was changed to 35 inches. But with the locking lap bars and redesigned seats in the new bobsleds, the Matterhorn will have a new height requirement of 42 inches when it opens on June 15th. That’s two inches taller than Space Mountain or Splash Mountain, but the same height requirement as Goofy’s Sky School.

Attraction height requirements are based on a combination of factors, including the point on a seated torso at which a restraint can reasonably be assumed to contain the rider in the vehicle. With the taller height requirement, the Matterhorn Bobsleds will cease to be one of the first big-kid rides that young Disneyland visitors have conquered since 1959. At least the lawyers and the state inspectors should be happy with it, even if the Cast Members and paying customers aren’t.

It's amazing that 2 e ticket rides that are opening in 3 weeks have no definative height requirments. Again it seems like everyone has a different story.

Agreed. Just expect 42" for both, and be pleasantly surprised if it's anything else.

Is Al Lutz reliable, because he also said the racers would be 40 inches, not 42. It should not be this difficult getting info on height requirments. Especially when Disney raises prices and people who are on the fence whether to plan a trip and bear those crowds, it might make a difference. Those 2 rides are highly anticipated and if a parent knows there kid can't ride, they wont go.

It is not unusual for Disney to be this tight-lipped regarding attractions specifications. I am not saying I necessarily agree with Disney on this, but it isn't unusual in the least.

Is Al Lutz reliable, because he also said the racers would be 40 inches, not 42. It should not be this difficult getting info on height requirments. Especially when Disney raises prices and people who are on the fence whether to plan a trip and bear those crowds, it might make a difference. Those 2 rides are highly anticipated and if a parent knows there kid can't ride, they wont go.

I agree. RSR ride is now listed in DCA's attractions list but no height requirement listed. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter