Radiator spring racers height requirments confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also heard that the Matterhorn will have lap/seat belts and not the lap bar.

I guess it will all be a surprise until the 15th, or possibly a few days earlier if people go to the preview and report back.

Test Track at WDW has a height requirement of 40 inches so hopefully RSR will too? Good luck!

Again hate to beat a dead horse, but how doesn't Disneyland announce the height requirments of these 2 rides 3 weeks before opening. I will get flack for this and I know I am new to these boards but I am sorry. They are idiots. Disney wants you to scheduale everything in advance. Dining, shows, etc... but how about letting the public know what our kids can and cannot ride once we are there. People plan trips so far in advance and a oarent whose child is close to these rumored height requirments need to know, because for a child it will be a big letdown if they cant ride. Disneylands 2 main selling points this summer or the refurbished Matterhorn. Who cares about the new paint. I have seen a thousand pics. Give me a height requirment thats not a rumor. My child doesnt want to.stare at paint, he wants to ride.

The other is RSR, again all these pics and talking about how great it looks, but sorry a 4 year old wants to go on that ride and we need to know a height requirment.

I can't understand why Disney would make a place like Cars Land, that little kids love, and then make the rides such that little kids can't ride. Where is the sense in that? Or would Disney do it to attract adults? I wonder...

I don't know but I would love an answer. I emailed Al Lutz. I would like to see if he actually gets back to me. I called Disney and if course got nothing from them other than whats on website is most up to date info. Which is Bologni.

I just received the 2012 Vacation Planning DVD. It lists Radiator Springs Racers as having a height requirement of 40". Luigi's Flying Tires and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree have height requirements of 32".

Matterhorn Bobsleds has a listed height requirement of 35".

Surely Disney's own promotional materials must be correct?

Then why is RSR height requirment not posted on there own website. I am not trying to argue but it doesn't make sense.

Just very frustrating, because when I called they werent able to answer me. Pointing me to there website

Just checked the height requirement for Test Track at Epcot (which I believe is the same ride) and it is 40" so looks like the DVD is correct:goodvibes

Well Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom is 40 inches and Indiana Jones is 46 I believe and aren't they on the same track system. That Dvd was probably made months ago. As of today Disney website says nothing on heigh requirement for RSR.

It's amazing that 2 e ticket rides that are opening in 3 weeks have no definative height requirments. Again it seems like everyone has a different story.
The only "everyone" I would believe is anything directly from Disney.

Is Al Lutz reliable, because he also said the racers would be 40 inches, not 42. It should not be this difficult getting info on height requirments. Especially when Disney raises prices and people who are on the fence whether to plan a trip and bear those crowds, it might make a difference. Those 2 rides are highly anticipated and if a parent knows there kid can't ride, they wont go.
As for your Al question, sometimes yes, sometimes, no. He does not work for Disney. He is reporter. I never really understand why we so heavily discuss it rantings on this site, but always keep in mind he is part of the media, period.

As for the "Official" information - it is possible that Disney has not had the final safety check from OSHA which has the final word on height requirements. :confused3

As for planning a trip, I guess my thoughts are, there is sooooo much more to see, do, and experience than just those two rides. If they are the only thing making you contemplate visiting or not, I would not visit. That's a LOT of money to simply experience two rides. I don't know that I agree with "if a parent knows [their] kid can't ride, they won't go." I would hope people go for much more than just two rides, for their own experience. :goodvibes

I can't understand why Disney would make a place like Cars Land, that little kids love, and then make the rides such that little kids can't ride. Where is the sense in that? Or would Disney do it to attract adults? I wonder...
There are various rides throughout both Parks that "kids can't ride." Not everything has to be centered around the littlest kids. Disney is for everyone, not just the littlest of kids. There is a lot of sense in making rides that are geared towards older kids and adults, as long as there is a mix. That's what makes EVERYONE love Disney, not just little kids.

- Dreams

It is my understanding that the ride manufacturer and what the California laws are set the ride height requirements. I have 4 kids which are in their teens and twenties and I found I would never make a promise or tell a child something that the parent can not personally make happen.
People state " I won't do this or i won't do that if my "kid" can not do it. Then I would suggest do not do it.

Disney is like anyother company, they can not make every child and every adult happy every time. I do not think Disney will have a hard time bringing people to the park now and in the future..my 2 cents.

Jack

For those of you that have children that are right at the height requirement or very close. Be aware of the following:

The height requirement in terms of inches may be stated but be careful with that. Your child might measure the "correct" height at home, but if they are very close, the ride operator might identify them as too small and deny boarding. We found this out the hard way several years ago. My DD was tall enough to ride an attraction and had done so 2-3 times, but she was just barely tall enough. On one trip she was wearing shoes with a very thin sole, which made her too short. No ride. She switched shoes with her sister and was tall enough to ride.

Point being, boarding is up to the discretion of the CM. Your child might be "measured" at the start of the line and then be checked again just before boarding if they are close. Even if they "mesure up" to the standards of one CM, the other CM could still deny boarding if, in their view, the child didn't reach the height requirement. I've seen it happen.

I'm with Jack, don't ever promise a kid they can ride. Tell them that "we'll have to check". That way, if he/she does get the pass from the CM, it's a WIN and not a LOSS.

I "understand" why Hal Nutz gets so much attention here, but I've never understood why Hydroguy has to give his scribblings free publicity.

If you would like to see what some disgruntled Disney employee wants the public to think about Disneyland, then you can go over to the "other" site and indulge yourself in the half-truths, rumors, and grade-school quality snark of Hal Nutz.

I can say my 40.25" tall little boy is 3, so while we both really really hope that he can ride radiator racers, if he doesn't this year, then he can in the future. I do think, however, just observing it would not really pass with the 3 yo set. (they are really into that big independence thing). I would hope that if he can't go he'd think it too scary from the outside. If he can't go we'll still go to Disney.

The thing in general that would be helpful is in preparing/getting our kids excited if we knew what we can go on. He loves to look at the sneak peak of cars land.

42" is pretty small-it really restricts the ride for toddlers and some preschoolers, not most children. Our middle child was that tall before she turned 4. While I agree that Disney needs to get info out there much more effectively, I disagree that this ride should be aimed at the preschool set.

There are other rides in Cars Land that children under 40" tall can ride. Also, Disney has to cater to children of all age groups, not just very young children and toddlers. There has to be a mix of rides available for elementary school kids and older who want something more exciting and challenging. I think DL/DCA does a great job of providing something for everyone and keeping it child focused, with the understanding that sometimes the smallest ones have to grow a bit more for a few of the rides. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter