Radiator spring racers height requirments confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I "understand" why Hal Nutz gets so much attention here, but I've never understood why Hydroguy has to give his scribblings free publicity.

If you would like to see what some disgruntled Disney employee wants the public to think about Disneyland, then you can go over to the "other" site and indulge yourself in the half-truths, rumors, and grade-school quality snark of Hal Nutz.

For people who happen to NOT frequent that "other site" and come here to a fun, Disney-loving, supportive community, Hydroguy allows for a nice discussion. Although not everything that are in those articles may be correct (or positive), I find them very interesting and I'm always looking for more rumors and updates about DLR. However, I would never want to discuss his articles over "there" because of the community and style. I'd much rather read the article and then discuss with my DIS peeps about what was brought up.

I "understand" why Hal Nutz gets so much attention here, but I've never understood why Hydroguy has to give his scribblings free publicity.

If you would like to see what some disgruntled Disney employee wants the public to think about Disneyland, then you can go over to the "other" site and indulge yourself in the half-truths, rumors, and grade-school quality snark of Hal Nutz.

I enjoy seeing what Al has to say, and talking about it with folks here. A lot of the time, his rumors turn out to be true-and I agree with a lot of his snark.

If I only wanted to read the official Disney line, I'd stick with their official blog. I like that the Dis gives me so much more than that.

I don't go to any other sites, the only way I see an Al Lutz story is if Hydro posts it here. For that reason I'm glad he does. I don't believe everything Al says, but then I read and understand his disclaimer. :confused3

Again hate to beat a dead horse, but how doesn't Disneyland announce the height requirments of these 2 rides 3 weeks before opening. I will get flack for this and I know I am new to these boards but I am sorry. They are idiots. Disney wants you to scheduale everything in advance. Dining, shows, etc... but how about letting the public know what our kids can and cannot ride once we are there. People plan trips so far in advance and a oarent whose child is close to these rumored height requirments need to know, because for a child it will be a big letdown if they cant ride. Disneylands 2 main selling points this summer or the refurbished Matterhorn. Who cares about the new paint. I have seen a thousand pics. Give me a height requirment thats not a rumor. My child doesnt want to.stare at paint, he wants to ride.

I agree, completely!

I APPRECIATE WHAT everyine has said, but still no answers. If Disney doesn't know yet the height.requirements why was it in the DVD. Some of you are missing the point. I go to so many sites to read and get info and prepare for the vacations. Please don't tell me that Disneyland doesnt knowwhat the height requirments will be for.the Matterhorn and RSR. That just is not.true. Also keep in mind not everyone that goes to Disneyland lives close by. Some people come a long way and my son riding 2 e ticket rides are important to me and my children. The point is Disneyland should get info out quicker.

Forums such as this serve two parallel purposes IMO:

1. Dispensation of practical information on things such as rides, hotels, hours, restaurants, shows, Fastpass and dozens of other details. Along with the practical information are opinions given by anyone who feels like they have relevant experience and something to say.

2. Speculation on what the future may hold for DLR. This includes speculation on everything category #1. This is something that some or maybe most Disney fans enjoy doing. Sort of like watercooler discussions that happen every day in Colorado on whether acquiring Peyton Manning was a good decision for the Broncos and their chances of making it to the Super Bowl.

The reason I give Al Lutz's "scribblings" free publicity is because of #2.

Plus, I have found his scribblings to have a higher accuracy with often being the first to publish than anyone else.

:cool2:

I APPRECIATE WHAT everyine has said, but still no answers. If Disney doesn't know yet the height.requirements why was it in the DVD. Some of you are missing the point. I go to so many sites to read and get info and prepare for the vacations. Please don't tell me that Disneyland doesnt knowwhat the height requirments will be for.the Matterhorn and RSR. That just is not.true. Also keep in mind not everyone that goes to Disneyland lives close by. Some people come a long way and my son riding 2 e ticket rides are important to me and my children. The point is Disneyland should get info out quicker.

I'm not quite sure what you want from this thread, then. You've made your anger and frustration very clear multiple times, and there isn't a magical solution that anyone on these boards can give you. I understand how disappointed you'll be if your son can't ride. If I was in your shoes, I'd just assume my child would be too short, prepare him ahead of time, focus on allllll the other rides in the two parks, and be pleasantly surprised if he can ride after all.

I can totally relate. My son just turned 4 and is obsessed with Cars. Last time we measured he was 41.5 inches, so hopefully with shoes he'll be 42.

I understand that you are upset. We don't know anymore than you at this point. We don't know for sure that Disney knows the height requirement yet. There could be a last minute issue or concern that must be addressed before the height restriction is made public. They certainly do not want to disappoint anyone.

As a PP said, even if the restriction was known, I wouldn't tell my child they were going to ride anyway. They may measure differently at Disney. The ride could be non-operational on the day you arrive. I would go with the idea that I would not ride and then be pleasantly surprised if I was able to.

What I want are answers to the Matterhorn and RSR questions. LOL... I Know I am annoying I just can't believe that since the end of January I have read Matterhorn would go up 7 inches and nobody disputed it. Also since February RSR was going to be 40 inches. Now all of the sudden 3 -4 weeks before rides are to open. All this other info comes out. My fault for believing what I read but Disneylands fault for not officially stating anything. Oh wait its in the DVD.

What I want are answers to the Matterhorn and RSR questions. LOL... I Know I am annoying I just can't believe that since the end of January I have read Matterhorn would go up 7 inches and nobody disputed it. Also since February RSR was going to be 40 inches. Now all of the sudden 3 -4 weeks before rides are to open. All this other info comes out. My fault for believing what I read but Disneylands fault for not officially stating anything. Oh wait its in the DVD.

Might I suggest that you call DLR to see what kind of answer you get? The DIS is not an official outlet for Di$ney, so what 'answers' you get here may or may not be correct anyway. Quite frankly, the answers you get direct from the CMs @ DLR will likely be hit or miss. I've called and spoken to CMs several times over the past month preparing for our trip next month from Ohio, and what I've been told has already been conflicted by official announcements by Di$ney (specifically about the MM/EMH/EE for DCA). I was told on one occasion that there would be no MM/EMH/EE for DCA for the park opened @ 8am...now go check the 2-July schedule (which shows MM/EMH/EE for DCA when it opens @ 8am). I was told on another occasion that there would not for early entry for resort guests other than the APEE program for AP holders. Now go check the 2-July schedule. In both cases I was given information directly from CMs that has since proven to be incorrect. :confused3 Even DLR's own site conflicts itself on this issue: :mad:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/hotels/resort-benefits/

Extra Magic Hour — Early Admission to the Parks
Beginning June 18, 2012, Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests can enjoy, for the length of their stay, Extra Magic Hour entry into Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park one hour before the Park opens to the public. (Valid theme park admission and active hotel room key required.)

To see when Extra Magic Hour is offered, please check the Park schedule.

Yet when you check the parks schedule starting 18-June, there is no MM/EMH/EE listed...nor is there for 20-June, 22-June, 25-June, 27-June or 29-June. Despite the FACT that the DLR Web site specifically states that MM/EMH/EE for DCA begins on 18-June. You wanna talk about frustration? And no, we don't live anywhere close to DLR or WDW either for that matter. Oh, and this follows days if not weeks of frustration with the parks calendar doing VERY funky things just trying to get the parks hours for days after 15-June. Not even CMs could see the hours for dates after the 15th while I was booking reservations or calling to get clarification on the parks hours.

So my advice to you is call them, hear what they say 'officially' but be prepared for that to change. It is what it is, and there is nothing us DISboarders or you can do about it, but wait, sit and stew, and see what happens next. :confused3

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/phone/

Guest Information & Ticket Sales
(714) 781-INFO (4636)

-Kevin

Until all the testing is complete, no height requirements will be 100% certain. You have seen the rumors. Let's say Disney does post 40" on their website, yet over the long weekend, something happens and the state comes in on Tues and says 42. You've done all this planning and will now be angry at Disney for having told you 40. We have seen changes in requirements even after rides have been up and running. I think we all know about SPlash Mountains sudden change in height for the front rider. Came out of no where. If your trip rides on the height requirements, figure both rides will be 42", and if they are 40", you will be happier. If 42" would cause you to cancel your trip, start cancelling and then after June 10, reschedule.

Good luck.

I did call Disney. They said website has most updated info. Which means no info. And again I thought people got DVD or something that said RSR was 40 inches if that is false than fine,but if its true then the whole state coming in theory is out the window. Why put that on DVD if testing wasn't done. Again doesn't make sense.

Perhaps no one is answering because none of us know. Coming here and yelling at us because we don't know if somewhat counter-productive. I'm sorry you're frustrated. I agree that in some things they need to be more active in providing information but again, height requirements aren't something to sneeze at, they are put in place for the safety of your children. And yes, these requirements can change at the drop of a hat. I think your choices are to take your chances or to reschedule your visit. I hope you get the answers you are looking for soon.

Forums such as this serve two parallel purposes IMO:

1. Dispensation of practical information on things such as rides, hotels, hours, restaurants, shows, Fastpass and dozens of other details. Along with the practical information are opinions given by anyone who feels like they have relevant experience and something to say.

2. Speculation on what the future may hold for DLR. This includes speculation on everything category #1. This is something that some or maybe most Disney fans enjoy doing. Sort of like watercooler discussions that happen every day in Colorado on whether acquiring Peyton Manning was a good decision for the Broncos and their chances of making it to the Super Bowl.

The reason I give Al Lutz's "scribblings" free publicity is because of #2.

Plus, I have found his scribblings to have a higher accuracy with often being the first to publish than anyone else.

:cool2:

And this is why I appreciate you sharing with us. :) Please continue!

Until all the testing is complete, no height requirements will be 100% certain. You have seen the rumors. Let's say Disney does post 40" on their website, yet over the long weekend, something happens and the state comes in on Tues and says 42. You've done all this planning and will now be angry at Disney for having told you 40. We have seen changes in requirements even after rides have been up and running. I think we all know about SPlash Mountains sudden change in height for the front rider. Came out of no where. If your trip rides on the height requirements, figure both rides will be 42", and if they are 40", you will be happier. If 42" would cause you to cancel your trip, start cancelling and then after June 10, reschedule.

Good luck.

This! And yes, I remember the Splash changes, prior to them my youngest DD would always ride in the front, she LOVED it! Now she can't because she is too short. It's all about safety!

First of all I would never promise any ride at Disneyland. They break, sometimes they have lines that are absurd beyond absurd, and sometimes they go down for refurbs unexpectedly. We can't control any of those things; even Disney can't always. But we can control what we tell our children and their expectations.

As for Disney's promotional DVD makers getting the wrong info. It's not that surprising. I'm guessing you've never worked for a large company or the government. The right hand never knows what the left is doing. It's a universal problem in any large organization. Somebody got early or bad information in a department that is very far removed from the engineers making the ride and the safety personal dealing with the government; and they ran with it. It isn't good but certainly isn't that surprising.

If I were you I'd start talking up the other rides that he'll for sure be able to ride.

WHAT ABOUT THE SUPPOSED DVD OR BROCHURE FROM DISNEY, THAT SAID 40 INCHES. CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS BECAUSE IF THAT IS TRUE THAN PEOPLE ON THIS SITE ARE WRONG. I am not yelling but sometimes people just need to admit Disneyland screwed up in not confirming the height requirments on there 2 big money rides for the summer, that open in 3 weeks. If testing is still being done then why was it in brochure or DVD? Unless the person that said this is lying.

Margaret, nobody is going to know if Disney screwed up until they officially release the height requirement. And like I said, if they did it wouldn't be that surprising. Humans make mistakes, it wasn't a personal slight against anyone that would justify any recourse.

Disneyland/DCA is NOT famous for efficiently communicating new information on their website. Not by a long shot. :headache:
:thumbsup2 So true!!!!

I don't go to any other sites, the only way I see an Al Lutz story is if Hydro posts it here. For that reason I'm glad he does. I don't believe everything Al says, but then I read and understand his disclaimer. :confused3
Me too!!! I love HydroGuy's updates about Al's info. It is the only way I get it.

...Some of you are missing the point. I go to so many sites to read and get info and prepare for the vacations. Please don't tell me that Disneyland doesnt knowwhat the height requirments will be for.the Matterhorn and RSR. That just is not.true. Also keep in mind not everyone that goes to Disneyland lives close by. Some people come a long way and my son riding 2 e ticket rides are important to me and my children. The point is Disneyland should get info out quicker.
Actually, it is true that they may not know the actual heights yet. Until testing is 100% done, they can't be sure.

What I want are answers to the Matterhorn and RSR questions...
I'm afraid there just aren't any right now.

WHAT ABOUT THE SUPPOSED DVD OR BROCHURE FROM DISNEY, THAT SAID 40 INCHES. CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS BECAUSE IF THAT IS TRUE THAN PEOPLE ON THIS SITE ARE WRONG. I am not yelling but sometimes people just need to admit Disneyland screwed up in not confirming the height requirments on there 2 big money rides for the summer, that open in 3 weeks. If testing is still being done then why was it in brochure or DVD? Unless the person that said this is lying.
This post confused me. How are the people on this site wrong if the DVD says 40 inches? Even if it does say 40 inches now, that may not be the end height requirement. There is lots of wrong information in the DVDs in my experience.

In OTHER WORDS DISNEY SCREWED UP. THAT'S ALL I WANTED TO HEAR.
That has been said. Over and over again. I see again and again where people have said that Disney gives bad info or no info or both.

But 3 weeks before rides are to open? Come on that info should be out by now. WE PLAN AHEAD SO SHOULD THEY. TESTING SHOULD BE DONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter