READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
DHS isn't opening until 9:00 nowadays. You can't be on a bus heading there at 7:00. The buses haven't started yet. I suspect that if they ever move to an 8:00 opening, they'll move the RotR sign-up time to even earlier. I believe they deliberately chose a sign-up time where people would know their boarding group before they set out to travel to DHS. I think they want to avoid everyone arriving early, as was happening before they switched to the current system.

I was there last week and they were holding people right at the merge spot where you get off from buses, the Skyliner lets off and the walk ups from Crescent Lake area. Prior years I could go through the HS parking lot to get some extra mileage on my morning run, but that was a no-no this year. Not sure what time they were letting people in but I ran past as early as 6:50 (people were there) and as late as 7:30 and they had not been let through yet. Also, seeing Tower of Terror on a quiet morning run is very calming.

I attempted a practice run this morning. Seemed to go okay (got the "you don't have a park reservation page") but it only selected me. Is this always the case when practicing since no one has a park reservation or should I be concerned that it won't select other members of my group come game day?

I attempted a practice run this morning. Seemed to go okay (got the "you don't have a park reservation page") but it only selected me. Is this always the case when practicing since no one has a park reservation or should I be concerned that it won't select other members of my group come game day?
That’s how it works when practicing. Day of, everyone with a park reservation will be selected automatically.

I am not understanding why people are having such a hard time with this. I have made it through (as far as I can go) every time I have practiced. Yeah, the spots fill in about 7 seconds at 7am (longer for the 1pm) but 7 seconds is a very long time when you are just clicking on buttons on a cellphone screen. Count this out -> "One-one thousand, two-one thousand, three-one thousand, four-one thousand, five-one thousand, six-one thousand, seven-one thousand." That is how long you typically have to do this. How are people not doing it faster than that? Or am I missing something?

I am not understanding why people are having such a hard time with this. I have made it through (as far as I can go) every time I have practiced. Yeah, the spots fill in about 7 seconds at 7am (longer for the 1pm) but 7 seconds is a very long time when you are just clicking on buttons on a cellphone screen. Count this out -> "One-one thousand, two-one thousand, three-one thousand, four-one thousand, five-one thousand, six-one thousand, seven-one thousand." That is how long you typically have to do this. How are people not doing it faster than that? Or am I missing something?
You're not missing anything. There are some days when they don't last quite that many seconds, but I agree that people definitely overthink this. As long as you are ready before 7am (or 1pm) and know exactly which buttons to push without hesitation, it's pretty easy to be successful most of the time.

You're not missing anything. There are some days when they don't last quite that many seconds, but I agree that people definitely overthink this. As long as you are ready before 7am (or 1pm) and know exactly which buttons to push without hesitation, it's pretty easy to be successful most of the time.
It can greatly depend on WiFi strength. I have an alarm set to go off each day at 12:59. At home - great!! But, I have tried a few times in stores or buildings where I just cannot get a good connection and either the second or third screen spins, locking me out.

If you have a good WiFi connection it works well but this isn't always possible for people which means their experience is different and they're not always successful.

I’ve seen several people say don’t worry about selecting people when trying to join; I watched a video yesterday where the members in her party were already selected. Here’s my issue/question: I’ve only ever gotten boarding groups the old fashioned way of being in HS by 10 am. This will be my first time using the new system. I’ve cleaned up my friends and family list already; however, MDE nor the website will let me delete my husband. (I’m taking my dad to Disney this year.) The error message I get says that he has active plans so I can’t delete him. I’m assuming it’s because he has active magic bands on my account because I manage his plans; he doesn’t have his own MDE account. Anyways, I’m afraid his profile is going to get pulled through along with mine and my dad’s, and if I don’t de-select his (following advice I’ve read), that I will get an error message because he doesn’t have a park pass/ticket. So short story long, has anyone ever had a member in their party selected who didn’t have a ticket/reservation and they were still able to join?

It can greatly depend on WiFi strength. I have an alarm set to go off each day at 12:59. At home - great!! But, I have tried a few times in stores or buildings where I just cannot get a good connection and either the second or third screen spins, locking me out.

If you have a good WiFi connection it works well but this isn't always possible for people which means their experience is different and they're not always successful.

Hopefully they will have the 5G towers up and running in and around WDW next November then. :)

I’ve seen several people say don’t worry about selecting people when trying to join; I watched a video yesterday where the members in her party were already selected. Here’s my issue/question: I’ve only ever gotten boarding groups the old fashioned way of being in HS by 10 am. This will be my first time using the new system. I’ve cleaned up my friends and family list already; however, MDE nor the website will let me delete my husband. (I’m taking my dad to Disney this year.) The error message I get says that he has active plans so I can’t delete him. I’m assuming it’s because he has active magic bands on my account because I manage his plans; he doesn’t have his own MDE account. Anyways, I’m afraid his profile is going to get pulled through along with mine and my dad’s, and if I don’t de-select his (following advice I’ve read), that I will get an error message because he doesn’t have a park pass/ticket. So short story long, has anyone ever had a member in their party selected who didn’t have a ticket/reservation and they were still able to join?

Call Disney directly and have them transfer you to the department that can handle the MDE. They can fix whatever you need.

7 seconds is long for what I saw last week. I had the apple clock open (so I new the exact split second it hit 7:00 am) and they were gone easily by 7:00:03. I think it depends on the day honestly. Somedays may be gone within a few seconds, some days may make it longer.

7 seconds is long for what I saw last week. I had the apple clock open (so I new the exact split second it hit 7:00 am) and they were gone easily by 7:00:03. I think it depends on the day honestly. Somedays may be gone within a few seconds, some days may make it longer.

The person on the other forum I am on keeps posting the time in seconds that the BG are gone daily. I have never seen it below 6 seconds.

you don't have to do anything. Only the people who have an active park reservation will get "pulled" through on that day.

The person on the other forum I am on keeps posting the time in seconds that the BG are gone daily. I have never seen it below 6 seconds.
My experience has been it feels like 2-3 seconds but in reality when I look at the seconds on my watch it's 6-7 seconds.

Just remember that even though it takes 6-7 seconds to fill, you really only have 1-2 seconds to get the process started. Any delays to that is going to slow you down and make it more difficult to be successful.

Don’t worry. People with more “extra” people on their F&F list than you have been successful. The ones without the ticket/park pass will not be selected and won’t interfere with the ones who do. ETA we have multiple family members listed who haven’t been with us, and we have gotten BGs every time.

I’m afraid his profile is going to get pulled through along with mine and my dad’s, and if I don’t de-select his (following advice I’ve read), that I will get an error message because he doesn’t have a park pass/ticket. So short story long, has anyone ever had a member in their party selected who didn’t have a ticket/reservation and they were still able to join?
You don't need to take your husband off your account. The system will only select people who have a park reservation. We have had many family members on our account and have never had a problem with them getting selected and causing problems. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter