Really Really Angry

I booked room only at Hard Rock a long time ago for 5-29 to 6-4. My frustration is not knowing what to expect. I can deal with the fact that WWOHP will not yet be open. That is fine, as we knew we were taking a chance when we booked. I need to know a little more info so we can decide if we want to go on now or wait until a later date. What is a preview??? Will this be a one time only deal?? Too many unanswered questions at this point and too much conflicting info to really make a decision. Hopefully, some concrete info will come out in the next few weeks!!

I booked room only at Hard Rock a long time ago for 5-29 to 6-4. My frustration is not knowing what to expect. I can deal with the fact that WWOHP will not yet be open. That is fine, as we knew we were taking a chance when we booked. I need to know a little more info so we can decide if we want to go on now or wait until a later date. What is a preview??? Will this be a one time only deal?? Too many unanswered questions at this point and too much conflicting info to really make a decision. Hopefully, some concrete info will come out in the next few weeks!!

I would say you could probably sell that reservation if you plan on cancelling it! Go to check in with someone nad have them give their credit card at check in...or call the hotel and change the name. Since no one can longer book these dates and have special access, I think it would be unfortunate to cancel and give it up. Just my opinion.
I bet if you offered your reservation to anyone on these boards, you would have lots of PM's.

I would say you could probably sell that reservation if you plan on cancelling it! Go to check in with someone nad have them give their credit card at check in...or call the hotel and change the name. Since no one can longer book these dates and have special access, I think it would be unfortunate to cancel and give it up. Just my opinion.
I bet if you offered your reservation to anyone on these boards, you would have lots of PM's.

Oh, I would not give it up for anything!!! Part of me does feel lucky, but there is still a lot of uncertainty. We were planning on Harry Potter every morning for the whole week and that is the only reason we will be there. I would hate to use my cheap tickets just to find out we could only be there one time or that everything is not running or open. Just kinda leaves me wondering if it will be worth it. But NO way would I cancel those ressies!! I have a long time yet to decide!

:yay:
Oh, I would not give it up for anything!!! Part of me does feel lucky, but there is still a lot of uncertainty. We were planning on Harry Potter every morning for the whole week and that is the only reason we will be there. I would hate to use my cheap tickets just to find out we could only be there one time or that everything is not running or open. Just kinda leaves me wondering if it will be worth it. But NO way would I cancel those ressies!! I have a long time yet to decide!

Most of that land is being used for Hogwarts..I know the area well, and have seen the backstage area...its really not that big IMO

Okey doke. I think 20 acres is pretty big, myself.

Posters are looking for answers. The problem is Universal won't make a decision until after the soft openings.

What's known:
1) June 18--grand opening date.
2) May 28--soft opening for HP Vacation guests and people staying at an on-site hotel.

Any other information is speculative. We don't know if the Forbidden Jorney will be open for a few hours in the morning, to accomodate those guests, then be closed the rest of the day so issues that are discovered can be fixed. We don't know if the ride will run smoothly and will be open all day at full capacity.

We could expect/hope the closer we get to 6/18 the ride will be running much of the day.

People may be angry after the June 18. but not for the reasons suggested in this thread.

A PP said capacity is 1800/hour. I have no idea if that's accurate but it sounds reasonable. We know guests who booked the HP package will be in the queue before the general public enters the area. Guests booking at one of the onsite hotels are being told they'll be able to express pass once per day. We know there are about 2400 rooms. Assume an average of 2 per room per day and you're looking at almost 3 hours. Let's assume Universal decides to sell some express passes. We may be looking at very long lines, even if the forbidden jorney runs at full capacity all day.

When I first heard about WWOHP opening in "Spring 2010" I booked an offsite stay at the Doubletree Universal through Universal's website for May 26-31. When I told my kids they wanted to stay onsite at HRH so I booked a room only stay for May 19-24 and told them that whatever date the grand opening was closest to was where we would stay. When the HP packages came out with a date of May 28, I thought I was safe and even considered getting an AP and keeping both reservations with a stay May 24-26 at AKV. I rented DVC points for May 24-26 and waited for the grand opening announcement to make a final decision. I also figured that I could change my dates for our onsite reservations if needed to get access to WWOHP... then came the June 18 announcement and news that only people that booked HP packages or onsite before March 25 would be allowed access. I decided to e-mail Universal and ask about access for those of us who booked offsite through Universal as I thought this might be an exception to the rule and this is what I received from Universal:

Hello

Thank you for contacting Universal Parks and Resorts Vacations. At the moment, only people who have purchased the Orlando Exclusive Vacation offer featuring The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will be accommodated within the Wizarding World of Harry Potter before the June 18, 2010 grand opening date.

If you’re flexible with your travel dates, you can check for availability for a later time. Or if you would rather cancel your booking, please contact a Representative via phone at 1 800 407 4275.

I'm not that angry at Universal, just myself for jumping the gun. I do think they were deceptive in their advertising of Spring 2010 as an opening date. We are probably going to keep our HRH reservations and cancel the Doubletree hoping still for a soft opening during our stay.

When I first heard about WWOHP opening in "Spring 2010" I booked an offsite stay at the Doubletree Universal through Universal's website for May 26-31. When I told my kids they wanted to stay onsite at HRH so I booked a room only stay for May 19-24 and told them that whatever date the grand opening was closest to was where we would stay. When the HP packages came out with a date of May 28, I thought I was safe and even considered getting an AP and keeping both reservations with a stay May 24-26 at AKV. I rented DVC points for May 24-26 and waited for the grand opening announcement to make a final decision. I also figured that I could change my dates for our onsite reservations if needed to get access to WWOHP... then came the June 18 announcement and news that only people that booked HP packages or onsite before March 25 would be allowed access. I decided to e-mail Universal and ask about access for those of us who booked offsite through Universal as I thought this might be an exception to the rule and this is what I received from Universal:

Hello

Thank you for contacting Universal Parks and Resorts Vacations. At the moment, only people who have purchased the Orlando Exclusive Vacation offer featuring The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will be accommodated within the Wizarding World of Harry Potter before the June 18, 2010 grand opening date.

If you’re flexible with your travel dates, you can check for availability for a later time. Or if you would rather cancel your booking, please contact a Representative via phone at 1 800 407 4275.

I'm not that angry at Universal, just myself for jumping the gun. I do think they were deceptive in their advertising of Spring 2010 as an opening date. We are probably going to keep our HRH reservations and cancel the Doubletree hoping still for a soft opening during our stay.
It's not worth it anyway to go to WWOHP land. They will never be DISNEY. Save your money.

It's not worth it anyway to go to WWOHP land. They will never be DISNEY. Save your money.

I don't expect Universal to be Disney, they each have something fun and unique to offer. I never understood the Disney vs Universal thing, I like both and will continue to visit both as long as my budget allows.

I don't expect Universal to be Disney, they each have something fun and unique to offer. I never understood the Disney vs Universal thing, I like both and will continue to visit both as long as my budget allows.
Good for you. When I went to Universal the people that they have working there are very RUDE.

Good for you. When I went to Universal the people that they have working there are very RUDE.

i'll let you in on a little well known secret.

there are many CM's at disney that work part time as TM's at Universal.
and vice versa

I have had more bad experiences with the CM's at Disney than the TM's at Universal...and I've been to both resorts hundreds of times.

Sometimes the rudeness is warranted. I've seen some terrible behavior on the part of Disney guests - including a man with wife and toddler in tow, who wanted to park where he wanted, ignored the cast members trying to direct traffic, and then when they confronted him, screamed at them that they were "ruining his vacation" and they were all "racists".

We kept walking. :sad2:

And then we stopped in at Guest Services to try to track down a Pooh lunchbox my son wanted. My goodness, were the people ahead of us in line cranky! I made sure to give the poor cast member behind the counter my biggest, brightest smile when we got up to him, and I thanked him profusely for his help. Not only did he track down the lunchbox, but he also gave us a nice fat wad of any time fastpasses for our trouble.

I noticed that the cranky couple ahead of us didn't get any fastpasses... ;)

Sometimes bad stuff happens, but I think most of the time you make your own good time. If you smile at people before you speak to them, make eye contact, and treat them well, they'll tend to treat you well, in turn.

One ride causing all this uproar. It's a ride. Universal and Islands offer such a lot especially when staying onsite. Relax and enjoy your stay and treat the HP ride as the icing on the cake if you get to ride it. We love staying onsite and hope to ride HP but riding this one ride is not the be all and end all we will enjoy all the 7 parks orlando has to offer.

Thank you! :goodvibes

I thought I had them all down on the WDW threads. Then I saw TM and thought "Oh no! Now on the Universal threads, I have to learn a whole new set"!

Mac 101:

CM and TM you already have learned.

homies: peeps on the darkside

darkside: universal

motherland: disneyworld

youse: all of you homies, plural form:laughing:

the person I am upset with is MYSELF ( and my budget) when I was purchasing the 99 tix at AAA, I KNEW I should buy 2 or more extra....but did I? NOPE , I was responsible and stuck to the budget, lol...so now I have to decide if I risk our coveted 99 7 day tix for our dates that are PRIOR to official opening ( but we have onsite room only booked )or not. If I had just been care free :hippie:, lived outside my means :rolleyes1...this would be a no brainer, I woud keep our June dates and then go back in August when we take DD to school...:headache: I'm an idiot. Oh well, the good thing is maybe DD can get back for HHN and ride FJ then..the rest of us in the family get robbed,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter