• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

I have 2 reports to make.

1. I had a reservation from Thanksgiving week and the first week of Dec at A/S.
I had until late October to report my intentions based on the email I received.
They called me a couple of days ago. Offered Pop. Would only price protect if dates were identical.
I told them to cancel since I wanted a shorter stay. The CM made it clear they could not be flexible with me at all.

2. I had an A/S reservation for just the first week of December.
They called me. Offered AoA family suite. They were willing to modify my stay to a shorter one AND price protect.
We are very excited.

I have 2 reports to make.

1. I had a reservation from Thanksgiving week and the first week of Dec at A/S.
They called me a couple of days ago. Offered Pop. Would only price protect if dates were identical.
I told them to cancel since I wanted a shorter stay. The CM made it clear they could not be flexible with me at all.

2. I had an A/S reservation for just the first week of December.
They called me. Offered AoA family suite. They were willing to modify my stay to a shorter one AND price protect.
We are very excited.
Crappy a badly informed CM lost your Thanksgiving trip but I’m glad you have the December one!!

I was able to drop days off a price protected stay like a week after I agreed to it and when I did so the CM mentioned they can take dates off under price protection but they cannot add them.

My family is set to arrive at Art of Animation on December 25th - January 2nd. We are a family of 8 booked in 2 connecting Little Mermaid Rooms. It will be tight with the 8 of us as it is. We purposefully didn't book at Pop because it's not our favorite. We've stayed there multiple times, and it's okay, just looking for something different. Really hoping if the opening of Art of Animation is delayed we are given other options besides Pop. It's hard with a family of 8 (2 adults and 6 children - ages 17, 17, 15, 12, 10 and 8). I've been checking daily to see if there has been any additional news on AoA delaying opening, and I will say that if you currently try to book at this resort for the time they are supposed to be open they do give you the pop up alert that says that due to the ever changing conditions the re-opening at certain resorts is flexible and might change. Large families are hard to accommodate, I know. I hope we know soon what's gonna happen. :-)
You shouldn't have any issue with all of your rooms getting moved, if need be, to the same resort. We've had 3 different times of 4 rooms/reservations and each time we've been able to get moved to the same resort with no problem.

I heard they laid off the entire All Star Staff so my guess is there are no plans to reopen until at least Summer 2021
Yeah... I’d certainly guess it’s gonna be a while. I think we’re easily looking at Summer 2022 before most of the hotels are opened again and even then maybe a Value and a Mod are still waiting in the wings since International Travel is expected to take 3-5 years.

So awful for that staff. Crazy if the staff were lucky enough to work at the right hotel they *might* have a shot at returning but if their hotel isn’t even slated to open they’re getting the ax 😞

My sister had a week in a Grand Villa at OKW for this week, She got a call before she left and given the option of Changing to a Grand Villa at VGF... She approved the change !!!
Amazing! Just curious though why they moved her from OKW to GF when OKW is open? Interesting!

My next reservation is for Apr 21-28, 2021 at POFQ. Has anyone been changed to another resort for that time yet? I'm not sure if I should call now or wait for them to call me.

I have a reservation for 12/29 - 1/4 at Boardwalk Inn. Has anyone gotten contacted already about changes during Christmas vacation week yet?

Amazing! Just curious though why they moved her from OKW to GF when OKW is open? Interesting!
Most likely an operational situation. Most likely there is a larger group that has multiple rooms at OKW and they freed up a single Grand Villa by moving one reservation for a Grand Villa at VGF vs moving a group of reservations.

Dave

I had reservations at ASSp for October 30. Disney called and emailed. I called back on Thursday and they offered Coronado Springs. It had to be the same dates and they only offered a king bed. I cancelled. :sad:

I received a call to change my reservation, but accidentally deleted the voice mail with the specific number. Can I call any number? Or can someone share the number to call?

I received a call to change my reservation, but accidentally deleted the voice mail with the specific number. Can I call any number? Or can someone share the number to call?

Does your phone store deleted voice mails? Mine has a "Deleted" folder where they hang out until I delete them from that.

I would suggest you call 407-939-7866 - Guest Services call back number if you can't recover you deleted VM.

Dave

I got called today about my YC CL thanksgiving week. was told i could stay where i was with no club level for same price or move to another room and get a refund in price. we have a wheelchair accessible room and they show no availability for the same type that week.

calling tomorrow to see if I heard the CM right because it makes no sense to pay club level prices with no club level. there is about a $2000 difference in room rates. I am so confused.

Anyone else get moved from CL and still have to pay the same price or did you get a discount?

I got called today about my YC CL thanksgiving week. was told i could stay where i was with no club level for same price or move to another room and get a refund in price. we have a wheelchair accessible room and they show no availability for the same type that week.

calling tomorrow to see if I heard the CM right because it makes no sense to pay club level prices with no club level. there is about a $2000 difference in room rates. I am so confused.

Anyone else get moved from CL and still have to pay the same price or did you get a discount?
Wow, that's crazy and can't be right. Good luck tomorrow.

Well it's tomorrow and i called Disney
everything is up in the air and I was advised to wait a few more days/weeks to see what happens before cancelling. I have until Nov 20 so no rush.

Wow, just wow. good thing I have Disney patience and live close by. i would be going nuts if this was a big trip from out of state. I really feel for those whose reservations are at the closed resorts. Confusing times, for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter