• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three modest observations today:

1. Disney has taken a lot of SSR & VGF in no particular order of submission.

2. Disney has responded to a large volume of ROFR's today (passed & taken). Don't know what to attribute this too, but no doubt a lot of contracts were reviewed today.

3. Learned that ROFR & Estoppel can be issued same day - my mind is blown on this one!

This thread is very valuable and informative - appreciate all the input. Thank you!

Day 76 and my day finally came. Holy pixie dust we passed!

Jbreen2010---$98-$25899-240-SSR-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 480/21, 240/22- sent 8/11, passed 10/26

Today was actually our closing date & I talked to both Title and broker this morning. We had not received ROFR or Estoppel. I think some strings were pulled and they reached out to DVC again today to remind them that our contract stated today was closing....and POOOOF.

We got ROFR waiver AND Estoppel....both issued this afternoon. So I can close as soon as title company finishes paperwork.

Congrats! I wonder if DVD knew that in essence they had waived by not getting you ROFR info sooner since today is closing day and by contract language, it was yours anyway So they pushed estoppel off as well!

Jbreen2010---$98-$25899-240-SSR-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 480/21, 240/22- sent 8/11, passed 10/26

Today was actually our closing date & I talked to both Title and broker this morning. We had not received ROFR or Estoppel. I think some strings were pulled and they reached out to DVC again today to remind them that our contract stated today was closing....and POOOOF.

We got ROFR waiver AND Estoppel....both issued this afternoon. So I can close as soon as title company finishes paperwork.
Congratulations!! 🎉🎉🎉

March-June was the time to get into SSR. Seems like anything $97 and under is at best 50/50 to pass ROFR and of course decreasing odds of passing for every dollar drop in price. It's almost like if you have a contract for $95 a point do you send it through, or just make the price at $100 to have better chances of passing? I know that sounds crazy but with these 45-60 day waits for ROFR it could make sense to spend the extra 5% especially if the contract you are bidding for has everything you want (UY, point amount, banked etc).
I don’t think it sounds crazy at all. I’d rather pay the extra 5% and actually get the contract! It still represents great savings compared to direct

After all that time, I'm glad they pushed it through - looks like they've been taking a lot of SSR recently. Welcome Home!

Seriously so happy for you!

I don’t think it sounds crazy at all. I’d rather pay the extra 5% and actually get the contract! It still represents great savings compared to direct

Agree it's not crazy at all. Opportunity Cost is a huge factor! I'd rather pay a little more for a contract that is perfect for me (use year/resort/points) rather than save a minimal amount of $ (relatively speaking) and waste valuable time potentially forgoing better options.

Today was actually our closing date & I talked to both Title and broker this morning. We had not received ROFR or Estoppel. I think some strings were pulled and they reached out to D

Cool Beans - & that's a good price, based on what's been ROFR'd lately!

Agree it's not crazy at all. Opportunity Cost is a huge factor! I'd rather pay a little more for a contract that is perfect for me (use year/resort/points) rather than save a minimal amount of $ (relatively speaking) and waste valuable time potentially forgoing better options.
I agree - you don't want to miss your WOO
Window Of Opportunity 😆

Congrats! I wonder if DVD knew that in essence they had waived by not getting you ROFR info sooner since today is closing day and by contract language, it was yours anyway So they pushed estoppel off as well!

I may have sent an email this morning to the title company alerting them that today was closing and I think that technically meant we can close. Nobody disagreed that this shouldn’t be taken since it was closing day and I think DVD realized that since the day had pass they should expedite. I would have assumed estoppel would have taken a few days but someone really teamed and pulled this one through.

I am gladI didn’t cause too much stink with everyone until closing day! If I had pushed hard 2 weeks ago they might have taken it who knows!

I may have sent an email this morning to the title company alerting them that today was closing and I think that technically meant we can close. Nobody disagreed that this shouldn’t be taken since it was closing day and I think DVD realized that since the day had pass they should expedite.

Glad you pushed it; I recall you saying the seller needed this. Great for them too.

I may have sent an email this morning to the title company alerting them that today was closing and I think that technically meant we can close. Nobody disagreed that this shouldn’t be taken since it was closing day and I think DVD realized that since the day had pass they should expedite. I would have assumed estoppel would have taken a few days but someone really teamed and pulled this one through.

I am gladI didn’t cause too much stink with everyone until closing day! If I had pushed hard 2 weeks ago they might have taken it who knows!
So did you close today or is that pushed out 30 days?

Niiiice!! I didn’t even see that one pop up which is good. I don’t need to tempted for another add on and that one would’ve been tempting! Good luck on ROFR!
Thanks! It was up for only about 20 minutes, and there were multiple offers. I just happened to look at the right time.

Was this listed on one of the sites allowed to be mentioned here?
If not do you mind sharing the listing price? I am kind of thinking of picking up a small Boardwalk contract but keep seeing them listed at 170/180ish. If I am going to pay $180, I might as well pay $200 and just get them direct to have use at Riviera.
$125-130 seems more like what BWV should be for a small contract.
I don't know which sites are banned, but I paid the asking price plus dues for the 2020 points.

Can I ask you a weird question? We’re you on a waiting list with this dealer?
No. I just blundered onto the contract while browsing a number of broker's sites. I'd been looking for several months and just missed on a slightly larger contract at the same price a few days earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter