ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Hello everyone. I am glad I found this post about the club level refurb as we are heading down in a few weeks. I have to say im disappointed with this information, but hopefully it wont put too much of a damper on the trip. The scrambled eggs are breakfast are a plus though.

We booked club because its an anniversary/ birthday trip, and we wanted something to make us feel special. My three big pluses (other than the food/drink of course) were:
1) the close proximity to the room
2) a private area to relax and unwind
3) toys/ area for my 2 year old

It sounds like my first two perks are gone, but does anyone who is there have any feedback on if there is a children's area in the new temporary setup?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if you ask for beer or wine anytime or is it strictly during appetizers?
Can I add to this question?

Is the time for beer strictly enforced (in other words is it 6:30 on the dot that they stop or is there a bit of leeway)? Also, can you take a beer back to your room?

And finally, what beers do they have?

Alcohol of any kind is strictly between the hours evening appetisers are served. Bottles are cleared at 6.30pm or as of now 6pm while refurb is on.

Yes, you can take some back to your room.

Pictures of beers in first post.

Ok so I know thee remodel of the club lounge while I am there is minor in the grand scheme of things, but I am a little disappointed about the location. Before I bother with contacting the hotel, is there someone here more familiar with the hotel layout that can tell me if my room type (club level king) would have a comparable room closer to the temp lounge that I could request?

Hello everyone. I am glad I found this post about the club level refurb as we are heading down in a few weeks. I have to say im disappointed with this information, but hopefully it wont put too much of a damper on the trip. The scrambled eggs are breakfast are a plus though.

We booked club because its an anniversary/ birthday trip, and we wanted something to make us feel special. My three big pluses (other than the food/drink of course) were:

It sounds like my first two perks are gone, but does anyone who is there have any feedback on if there is a children's area in the new temporary setup?

thanks in advance

thanks in advance
there is not a kid area. I have been in the club lounge for the past hour and I can tell you, you will have a privateish place to go. Hardly anyone in here the last hour. They just began not good wine beer hour and only one other family is herd. I know you are probably looking into hard rock and portions gay cl but I suggest keeping your royal Pacific cl reservations. You will feel very special over here. The co lounge is steps from tower 1 elevators, maybe 20 steps. I am not a person to pretend something is good if it is not. I suggest you keep those royal Pacific co reservations. I t think you will be happy that you did. They have not run out of room as the space works.

there is not a kid area. I have been in the club lounge for the past hour and I can tell you, you will have a privateish place to go. Hardly anyone in here the last hour. They just began not good wine beer hour and only one other family is herd. I know you are probably looking into hard rock and portions gay cl but I suggest keeping your royal Pacific cl reservations. You will feel very special over here. The co lounge is steps from tower 1 elevators, maybe 20 steps. I am not a person to pretend something is good if it is not. I suggest you keep those royal Pacific co reservations. I t think you will be happy that you did. They have not run out of room as the space works.

Thank you for your info!! It is appreciated........

I have heard from TM and guests there it does seem to be working.........hope you’re having a fun trip!!

Hi! We just received our e-mail about the remodel, I've been reading about it on this forum so we knew the e-mail was coming. First of all we are huge Universal fans, and enjoy the RPR and usually stay there or the Hard Rock. Portifina is great but we enjoy walking to the parks and that walk is starting to get a little long for us. Anyway the only thing that bothers me about the remodel is I wish they would have informed us sooner. By the time I found out about it on these forums, I tried to book the Hard rock but their club was full for our dates. This is no way a game changer for us and we can't wait to be down there! A big THANKS to everyone who helps keep us informed on these Forums !!

Hi! We just received our e-mail about the remodel, I've been reading about it on this forum so we knew the e-mail was coming. First of all we are huge Universal fans, and enjoy the RPR and usually stay there or the Hard Rock. Portifina is great but we enjoy walking to the parks and that walk is starting to get a little long for us. Anyway the only thing that bothers me about the remodel is I wish they would have informed us sooner. By the time I found out about it on these forums, I tried to book the Hard rock but their club was full for our dates. This is no way a game changer for us and we can't wait to be down there! A big THANKS to everyone who helps keep us informed on these Forums !!

I hope you still have a fabulous trip.........I’m sure it will be..........:thumbsup2

i know how you feel. We immediately looked into Hard Rock and Portofina Bay for Club Level availability for our dates with no availability so we kept our Royal Pacific Club Level reservations alone. How happy I am that we did. We are presently still at Royal Pacific in club level. I can tell you the club level experience is really nice. 6 years ago we stayed here club level so I can compare the temporary lounge to the permanent one, but the experience is still very nice. It has the special club level feeling, and nothing less. The staff is doing a smooth job. It just feels club level. Period. I haven't come across anyone that expressed any dissapointment. Now,if you have any questions about the current CL setup just post. Enjoy your vacation.

i know how you feel. We immediately looked into Hard Rock and Portofina Bay for Club Level availability for our dates with no availability so we kept our Royal Pacific Club Level reservations alone. How happy I am that we did. We are presently still at Royal Pacific in club level. I can tell you the club level experience is really nice. 6 years ago we stayed here club level so I can compare the temporary lounge to the permanent one, but the experience is still very nice. It has the special club level feeling, and nothing less. The staff is doing a smooth job. It just feels club level. Period. I haven't come across anyone that expressed any dissapointment. Now,if you have any questions about the current CL setup just post. Enjoy your vacation.

Are the offerings changed at all or does it seem as if the same as usual?
Food options anyway.

Thank you so much for this, it has eased my mind a bit. We have never done club level so I dont have anything to compare it to. I just wanted that special /VIP feeling. Im glad to hear you feel its good with the temporary set up as well!

As someone else asked, I would be curious to know if anything has changed regarding food offerings though, so let us know if youve noticed that!

Thank you so much for this, it has eased my mind a bit. We have never done club level so I dont have anything to compare it to. I just wanted that special /VIP feeling. Im glad to hear you feel its good with the temporary set up as well!

As someone else asked, I would be curious to know if anything has changed regarding food offerings though, so let us know if youve noticed that!
From what I have been told the daily scrambled eggs has been added. CL staff has been concerned with how the temporary lounge location would be received by guests and as a result have thought through everything they can to make things nice. Knowing that you haven’t experienced club level makes me know without a doubt you are going to have the experience of a lifetime! I am so very happy for you. Have a great time. BYW we are still here at Royal Pacific if you have other questions I will check later to see while we are still here.

Are the offerings changed at all or does it seem as if the same as usual?
Food options anyway.
We were only in the temporary location for 2 days after the move, but all of the food offerings were the same except that one morning there were scrambled eggs instead of hard boiled, and the next day they had biscuits and gravy.

It has been outstanding. CL staff makes this so awesome of an experience!

So glad to hear that........

And thank you for the live updates........it’s been fabulous having up to date info from someone who is there right now.......we do appreciate it.........:)

So glad to hear that........

And thank you for the live updates........it’s been fabulous having up to date info from someone who is there right now.......we do appreciate it.........:)
That means a lot coming from you, schumigirl. You are one of the moderators that everyone very much looks up to. You keep these boards in great shape and set a wonderful tone that others follow. Your work here makes so many family and friends be able to plan a trip of a lifetime. I will check the board periodically while I know the refurbishment is still going on to answer any questions that I can.

That means a lot coming from you, schumigirl. You are one of the moderators that everyone very much looks up to. You keep these boards in great shape and set a wonderful tone that others follow. Your work here makes so many family and friends be able to plan a trip of a lifetime. I will check the board periodically while I know the refurbishment is still going on to answer any questions that I can.

Oh I’m not a mod.........:blush:

But thank you for the lovely compliments.......I will take them.......:D

Macraven is the only mod on the Universal side and the stickies were created in the hope we helped as many people as possible........

These boards are excellent with helping folks with queries........we all try to help, and there’s usually someone who knows the answer if we don’t...........and you have been a big help with your info..........

Thank you........:)

We just came back from RPR. It was a very lackluster experience compared to our last stays. The USB plugs did not work. All of them in the room. I used my phone & my daughters as alarms & plugged them into the USBs overnight. The alarms didn't go off as our batteries were completely drained & we woke from hall screams. In the future, I will always check to make sure the charging symbol is on so it doesn't happen again--just very bummed that none of the USB worked (also tried turning on the lights to see if that was needed to activate the USBs--no). Our other disappointing part RPR couldn't really control. The fellow guests on out floor screamed & ran down the halls at all hours. I woke up a little after midnight to a young child screaming and running. And there was an hour and half door slamming marathon. I downloaded a free white noise app that helped. The water with lemons was also very sporadically available. It just wasn't as special as our previous stays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter