Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep reading that kids do great with masks because they adapt so well...I had to take my 7 year old to the doctor today and we had to wear masks. It was our first time. (I found myself touching mine constantly as it slipped down every few minutes.) When we were done I wanted to run into target. He didn’t even want to go in because he thought he had to put it back on. He loves looking at toys in target and he hasn’t been out of the house in two months.
I know what you mean. My family has been in quarantine for 9 weeks. In that time, I am the only one who has left the house out of 5 people. Yesterday we finally decided to take the kids for an outing. We planned it carefully so as not to interact with others. I had my kids, ages 4, 8, and 11, try on a mask just in case we had some need while we were out of the house. They lasted all of about 3 seconds. It has made it clear that masks in Florida in August is just impossible. Disney still has my $2500 for unused tickets. It has become clear that, if masks are required of guests, we will be taking our vacation to a Florida beach and hoping that we will get to use our ticket money towards some future trip. :sad2: I had already come to terms with not getting the photo package since pics with a bunch of masked people is not what I want to remember. The reality also set in that I have no idea what shows will still be open. Step by step the magic is disappearing.

I think if you're planning a trip in June or July you should plan for mandatory masks use, keep that in mind while you decide to come or not
If they drop the mandate, great. If not you'll be prepared

It was 75 and humid in Chicago yesterday. We had to take our 5 year old to a check-up.
1. We all felt like we were being slowly suffocated.
2. 5 year olds and face masks are a challenge. It does not go on & stay on.

This led to a lot of discussion of cancelling our July 5th trip.

Is there anywhere here that has more actual information and discussion about things other than masks? It seems like every thread becomes that, and it’s becoming harder and harder to find the actual information.

edit: oh even the thread dedicated to room cancellations had to get locked because of this issue. Totally get it mods, but ahh this is increasingly frustrating to witness! Really wish we had a place to chitter chatter about little bits of hope or things happening that aren’t official announcements.

Last edited:
The Florida task force suggested masks for both business and customer
Orange county has an executive order that masks are required
Universal citywalk opened with masks required
The union came to an agreement with Disney in favor of using masks
Disney will, most likely, open with masks required for all

The real question is for how long they will have that guideline. The union is fierce about its members, they have negotiated very well in their favor, they won't change their mind that quickly

If the union has negotiated mandatory masks as a stipulation for cast members to return to work, masks will be required for CMs to return to work. Whenever that will be.

Unless covid magically disappears, all signs are pointing to masks as a reality for reopening, regardless of when that time is.

Is there anywhere here that has more actual information and discussion about things other than masks? It seems like every thread becomes that, and it’s becoming harder and harder to find the actual information.

edit: oh even the thread dedicated to room cancellations had to get locked because of this issue. Totally get it mods, but ahh this is increasingly frustrating to witness! Really wish we had a place to chitter chatter about little bits of hope or things happening that aren’t official announcements.
Disney has announced NOTHING so far, so everything being talked about is pure conjectures from different sources.
If you go to page one @vinotinto has gathered guidelines and reports that might influence Disney's operational changes when it reopens

Disney has announced NOTHING so far, so everything being talked about is pure conjectures from different sources.
If you go to page one @vinotinto has gathered guidelines and reports that might influence Disney's operational changes when it reopens
Yes I understand that, however that isn’t always updated to include every small piece of information, so in order to get that non-included stuff , everyone has to sift through pages of the same back and fourth on the same topic that usually just ends in either no changes in minds or actual insults.

Edit: and yes this is the rumors thread If I wanted only official disney announcements, this is not the thread I’d go to.

Yes I understand that, however that isn’t always updated to include every small piece of information, so in order to get that non-included stuff , everyone has to sift through pages of the same back and fourth on the same topic that usually just ends in either no changes in minds or actual insults.

Edit: and yes this is the rumors thread If I wanted only official disney announcements, this is not the thread I’d go to.
yeah, its a lot to get through I understand
The mod for this board has asked countless times to take the mask debate to the community board where there is a thread on it.

yeah, its a lot to get through I understand
The mod for this board has asked countless times to take the mask debate to the community board where there is a thread on it.
Totally understand, and as I said in my first post I get y’all are in a really tough spot with all of this! It cannot be easy managing all of this. It was a statement to other folks who seem to jump in on this same topic repeatedly, as it seems to end very destructively.

Totally understand, and as I said in my first post I get y’all are in a really tough spot with all of this! It cannot be easy managing all of this. It was a statement to other folks who seem to jump in on this same topic repeatedly, as it seems to end very destructively.
I’m over the mask debate too, but honestly this is a rumors thread and there isn’t much else to talk about right now. And to be frank the constant complaining about the mask debate is equally annoying. There are better threads to follow for those who strictly want news updates.

*IF* masks are considered mandatory and not just "strongly encouraged" when the parks open, I see it going more like this......

Guests might be required to wear a facemask when going through security, ticket entry, into shops, at registers, entrypoints to rides and attractions both general and FP, at ride cue assignment points to load the rides, at ordering stations/food pick-up and table service entry. Basically, anywhere there is to be interaction with a cast member. If guests aren't following the requirement, they will be asked to put on a mask or risk be denied entry/removed from the line, etc. What happens next? Security called? MOD takes over? not sure.... Guests must be allowed respite from their masks when not interacting with others like when generally walking around in the park or sitting on a bench.

I don't see this lasting for very long in any case because it just isn't practical given the weather conditions in Florida.

So glad we don't have a trip planned for WDW this year because I would not go if masks were required. We decided to just take a relaxing beach vacation to Charleston/Folly Beach in October instead.

I’m over the mask debate too, but honestly this is a rumors thread and there isn’t much else to talk about right now. And to be frank the constant complaining about the mask debate is equally annoying. There are better threads to follow for those who strictly want news updates.
Yes there are other threads for news updates, but again this is the rumors thread, IE non news, so I wouldn’t say any of this if that’s what I was looking for. Considering there’s often 3 Or 4 pages of mask debate that often gets nasty and maybe one comment pointing out the repeated mask discussion, I’m not sure why you find that more annoying. It seems to me like the vast majority of this thread has become mask arguments and not rumor discussion, as is the purpose of the thread.

From an operational and modified experience standpoint - there's literally a ton of information folks will eventually be looking for. Not only for each park (including the water parks), but for all the individual resorts (since each have different amenities/activities/restaurants) and more. I can't imagine how much information gathering will be needed because I doubt all the information folks will be looking for will be published by day 1 of reopening. It'll take weeks before most is known, and it will constantly be evolving so could change again. It's going to be a long long year.

Last edited:
I can see mandatory mask for employees, but it will be difficult to enforce guests to wear masks.

When you are outside masks are not needed - according to studies. In my opinion, I think masks should be worn on rides and inside only. Hopefully, people will follow the social distancing in lines.

I can see mandatory mask for employees, but it will be difficult to enforce guests to wear masks.

When you are outside masks are not needed - according to studies. In my opinion, I think masks should be worn on rides and inside only. Hopefully, people will follow the social distancing in lines.
At the risk of sounding redundant and going around in circles, it will be mandatory for WDW, the Union already sent the papers and got signed by Disney. What we don't know is for how long

Nothing has said for certain that Disney is going to require masks, and I still don't think they will or even should. Even Chapek said only probably and that was a few weeks ago, things are changing fast. by the time they open, masks will be fading, they will be allowed but not required. Disney doesn't want to open requiring masks and that probably is the biggest hold up in setting an opening date. They are waiting till the CDC and the general public come to terms with wearing a face covering is negligible at best for all parties.

I work at home and live in an area where delivery is plentiful, so I don't even own a mask. The kids and I are comfortable with gaiters from hiking and climbing in the summer to block the sun. These are probably the best bet for people worried about heat, humidity and sun. But they do not seem like the proper choice for cough and sneeze suppression as they are designed to wick moisture and allow for air flow. I have seen a few others here encourage the balaclava, but I am sort of concerned that these will fall in the "false sense of security" bucket. Anybody with mask or epidemiological experience worried about that too? I agree 100% with xuxa that part of this delay is Disney not being completely convinced that masks are the hill worth dying on.

It was 75 and humid in Chicago yesterday. We had to take our 5 year old to a check-up.
1. We all felt like we were being slowly suffocated.
2. 5 year olds and face masks are a challenge. It does not go on & stay on.

This led to a lot of discussion of cancelling our July 5th trip.

I have to agree with this. We were out walking yesterday in Chicago and it was pretty sticky. I even just had a light mask tied around neck and it was pretty hot. We were saying when it's thick of summer humidity here, it's going to be hard for any outdoor activities to even just have something tied loosely around neck to pull up when needed.

Definitely happy not going until May 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter