Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the replacing the cups/glassware with the disposable type. I am not sure what they are going to do about the coffee makers. The guidelines for hotels does call for removing them. I need my morning coffee, so if they remove them, I will have to buy a small one to bring (our Ninja coffeemaker is too big to transport).

Joffrey's instant coffee with microwavable, disposable cups? :D

I can see the replacing the cups/glassware with the disposable type. I am not sure what they are going to do about the coffee makers. The guidelines for hotels does call for removing them. I need my morning coffee, so if they remove them, I will have to buy a small one to bring (our Ninja coffeemaker is too big to transport).

A little off topic but just thought I would mention that last trip I got one of the upgraded insulated metal reusable mugs and it worked great as far as keeping hot coffee hot (or iced coffee cold). Obviously requires you to go to a station to fill them up vs having right in your room but I just made going down part of my morning (I always wake up before anyone else in the family)

I have something that can be talked about. There is a rumor from a poster on WDWmagic board that Voyage of the Little Mermaid is not going to reopen.
I wonder if this would be because the queue is so long it would take forever and a day to constantly sanitize it???

And give us back our little shampoo bottles instead of the unsanitized dispensers!
Right!!!!!

I wonder if this would be because the queue is so long it would take forever and a day to constantly sanitize it???
It's the Voyage of the Little Mermaid at DHS that is in question (according to the rumor), *not* the Journey of the Little Mermaid at MK. I would imagine that WDW may not want to reopen immediately the indoor theater type of attractions. This makes me nervous for the Frozen Sing-Along at DHS. We love that one. I wonder if they could limit the seating so that every 3rd or 4th row is occupied instead of completely scrapping it.

Disney springs.

appropriate Face Coverings: All guests 3 years of age and older, along with cast members and third-party operating-participant employees, will be required to wear an appropriate face covering while visiting Disney Springs. This is an important part of protecting both our guests and our cast. Please be sure you have an ample amount of face coverings for yourself and your party before you arrive, as you’ll need to wear them over your nose and mouth at all times (except when sitting at a dining table).

I haven't heard anything, but I did find it interesting that Disney was celebrating "Halfway to Halloween" on social media yesterday. I decided to tell myself that was a good sign. :D Right now that's the one disappointment I'm prepping my kids for, because we're either going so early in the Halloween season that there may still be no parties happening, OR we'll be going next June, so definitely no Halloween parties then!
But yesterday's posts that were all Halloweeny made me hope that even if Disney has to have a condensed Halloween season, that they will still do that.---which will at least work out well for other people, including you! Good luck!!
Well on a positive note tickets are still available on My Disney Experience! I just hate to order them get my kids (ha ha their 21 and 28) excited and then have it canceled so am sitting on the fence hoping they won’t sell tickets and limit access and we don’t get to go

Breaking News. It is official. The following modifications will be in place when Disney Springs reopens on May 20th:

https://www.disneysprings.com/reopening/
For our Cast Members, Operating Participant employees and Guests, there are 6 key things to know before arriving at Disney Springs, and they include:

• Limited parking and reduced entrances
  • Temperature screenings prior to entry
  • Face coverings required for everyone
  • Physical distancing practices including physically-distanced queues and physical barriers
  • Temporary operation modifications, including reduced hours at select locations and no scheduled entertainment offerings or high-touch interactive areas
  • An increased focus on disinfecting and sanitation, including the addition of hand-washing stations and hand sanitizers in key areas
Since many of these measures will be new, and may evolve, we want to be sure our Guests, Cast Members and Operating Participant employees are aware of all these changes.

I agree. I never thought masks would be such a big deal. Does wearing a mask really take that much away from the Magic? They have all but announced masks are required so can we just move on.

I have something that can be talked about. There is a rumor from a poster on WDWmagic board that Voyage of the Little Mermaid is not going to reopen.

Is that the MK Mermaid ride that hasn't been around that long? Personally thought it was a bit of a letdown. Seems like Disney just tried to create a new ride without much effort.

the show in Hollywood studios.
Got it, thanks. Been to Disney many times but never seen that show. Would the concerns re: that show apply to other shows like Lion King or Beauty and the Beast, or even Philharmagic or Laugh Show?

Breaking News. It is official. The following modifications will be in place when Disney Springs reopens on May 20th:

For our Cast Members, Operating Participant employees and Guests, there are 6 key things to know before arriving at Disney Springs, and they include:

• Limited parking and reduced entrances
  • Temperature screenings prior to entry
  • Face coverings required for everyone
  • Physical distancing practices including physically-distanced queues and physical barriers
  • Temporary operation modifications, including reduced hours at select locations and no scheduled entertainment offerings or high-touch interactive areas
  • An increased focus on disinfecting and sanitation, including the addition of hand-washing stations and hand sanitizers in key areas
Since many of these measures will be new, and may evolve, we want to be sure our Guests, Cast Members and Operating Participant employees are aware of all these changes.
@yulilin3 has posted Disney Springs's reopening FAQ here, which contains answers to many of the questions we've seen:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...ates-due-to-coronavirus.3796390/post-61893271
Here are the points of the FAQ that are most relevant to modifications:
Temperature Screening

Will I be required to go through a temperature screening station at Disney Springs?

Yes. Similar to procedures at Shanghai Disney Resort, temperature screenings will be required for all Guests, Cast Members, vendors and Operating Participant employees before entering Disney Springs. Using a touchless thermometer, temperature screenings will take place on the second-floor exits of Orange and Lime Parking Garages, the Marketplace Entrance/Hotel Plaza Boulevard Pedestrian Bridge, the rideshare drop off lot and near the Resort Bus loop near Town Center.

Will you be implementing a bag check with temperature screenings at Disney Springs?
No. Guests will only be required to undergo a temperature screening prior to entry.

Masks and Face Coverings

Will masks or face coverings be required to enter Disney Springs?

Yes, the use of appropriate face coverings is required for all members of your party throughout your visit to Disney Springs. Cast Members and Operating Participant employees will also need to wear face coverings while at Disney Springs.

What if I forgot my mask? Will masks be provided to Guests or will they be available for purchase?
The use of appropriate face coverings by both Cast Members and Guests is required for all members of your party throughout your visit to Disney Springs. Disposable masks may be available; however, Guests without masks will not be allowed entry to Disney Springs.

What if I don’t want to wear a mask?
Given this unprecedented situation, we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate these challenges as responsibly as we can. With our robust measures in place, we believe a key factor in our success in reopening Disney Springs will be our Guests’ acceptance and adherence to our new protocols while taking personal responsibility to ensure proper physical distancing. Guests without masks will not be allowed entry to Disney Springs.

Physical Distancing and Capacity

How will physical distancing guidelines be enforced?

Managing density within Disney Springs has been a major consideration as we implement physical distancing guidelines based on recommendations from health authorities and government officials. One of the ways to do that is to limit the number of Guests in any given time for each location. One-way and other directional signage has been installed to assist Guests to responsibly move throughout the property. Additionally, ground markings have also been installed to allow for proper physical distancing when queuing is needed at a location. We are also adding a new team to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.

How are you limiting capacity at Disney Springs?
Disney Springs will open with the implementation of Guest capacity measures to limit density and comply with state and federal guidelines. Upon opening, this includes limiting our parking locations for arriving Guests to the Orange and Lime Parking Garages.

How will Disney Springs control capacity for the stores and restaurants that will be open?
One-way and other directional signage have been installed to assist Guests to responsibly move throughout the property. Additionally, ground markings have also been installed to allow for proper physical distancing when queuing is needed at a location. We are also adding a new team to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.

More detail from the Disney Springs Reopening Page:

Limited Contact
  • Face Coverings: All Guests ages 3 and older, Cast Members and Operating Participant employees are required to wear an appropriate face covering. Guests must bring their own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining.

• Physical Barriers: Physical barriers have been added in select places where it is difficult to maintain strict physical distancing guidelines. These may be visible in areas around cash registers or at Guest Relations, for example, to help ensure proper distances between people.

• Cashless Transactions: At this time, it is recommended all Guests use cashless or contactless payment options, such as credit cards, debit cards, Disney Gift Cards, Disney Rewards® Redemption Cards and mobile wallets—including Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. Guests may purchase a Disney Gift Card at select Merchandise locations and Welcome Center (Guest Relations) to pay without cash.
Temperature Screening
  • Guest Screening: During this initial period, Guests will undergo temperature screening in these locations: the second-floor exits of Orange and Lime parking garages and the Marketplace Entrance (to serve Guests from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard Pedestrian Bridge and the rideshare drop-off lot). Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance. Those with temperatures above 100.4 will not be allowed entry; those in their party will not be allowed entry either.

• Employee Screening: Cast Members and Operating Participant employees will be required to complete a health screening and temperature check at home, prior to coming to work.
Physical Distancing and Capacity Measures
  • Signage: Directional signage has been installed to assist Guests to responsibly move throughout the property. Additionally, ground markings will help promote proper physical distancing when queuing is needed at a location.

• Training: We are also training some of our Cast Members to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.

P.S. - I've updated the first post to include all the relevant information on Disney Springs reopening measures. Scroll down to the "May 16 Update."

Last edited:
Got it, thanks. Been to Disney many times but never seen that show. Would the concerns re: that show apply to other shows like Lion King or Beauty and the Beast, or even Philharmagic or Laugh Show?

Pretty sure it was going to close regardless. I doubt it would have anything to do with those other shows. I can see BATB going away at some point, but I am sure the others are safe.

@yulilin3 has posted Disney Springs's reopening FAQ here, which contains answers to many of the questions we've seen:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...ates-due-to-coronavirus.3796390/post-61893271
Here are the points of the FAQ that are most relevant to modifications:
Temperature Screening

Will I be required to go through a temperature screening station at Disney Springs?

Yes. Similar to procedures at Shanghai Disney Resort, temperature screenings will be required for all Guests, Cast Members, vendors and Operating Participant employees before entering Disney Springs. Using a touchless thermometer, temperature screenings will take place on the second-floor exits of Orange and Lime Parking Garages, the Marketplace Entrance/Hotel Plaza Boulevard Pedestrian Bridge, the rideshare drop off lot and near the Resort Bus loop near Town Center.

Will you be implementing a bag check with temperature screenings at Disney Springs?
No. Guests will only be required to undergo a temperature screening prior to entry.

Masks and Face Coverings

Will masks or face coverings be required to enter Disney Springs?

Yes, the use of appropriate face coverings is required for all members of your party throughout your visit to Disney Springs. Cast Members and Operating Participant employees will also need to wear face coverings while at Disney Springs.

What if I forgot my mask? Will masks be provided to Guests or will they be available for purchase?
The use of appropriate face coverings by both Cast Members and Guests is required for all members of your party throughout your visit to Disney Springs. Disposable masks may be available; however, Guests without masks will not be allowed entry to Disney Springs.

What if I don’t want to wear a mask?
Given this unprecedented situation, we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate these challenges as responsibly as we can. With our robust measures in place, we believe a key factor in our success in reopening Disney Springs will be our Guests’ acceptance and adherence to our new protocols while taking personal responsibility to ensure proper physical distancing. Guests without masks will not be allowed entry to Disney Springs.

Physical Distancing and Capacity

How will physical distancing guidelines be enforced?

Managing density within Disney Springs has been a major consideration as we implement physical distancing guidelines based on recommendations from health authorities and government officials. One of the ways to do that is to limit the number of Guests in any given time for each location. One-way and other directional signage has been installed to assist Guests to responsibly move throughout the property. Additionally, ground markings have also been installed to allow for proper physical distancing when queuing is needed at a location. We are also adding a new team to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.

How are you limiting capacity at Disney Springs?
Disney Springs will open with the implementation of Guest capacity measures to limit density and comply with state and federal guidelines. Upon opening, this includes limiting our parking locations for arriving Guests to the Orange and Lime Parking Garages.

How will Disney Springs control capacity for the stores and restaurants that will be open?
One-way and other directional signage have been installed to assist Guests to responsibly move throughout the property. Additionally, ground markings have also been installed to allow for proper physical distancing when queuing is needed at a location. We are also adding a new team to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.

I didn't see anything mentioned about elevators being open for the parking garages. I imagine those handrails for the escalators will have CMs sanitizing like crazy.

It's the Voyage of the Little Mermaid at DHS that is in question (according to the rumor), *not* the Journey of the Little Mermaid at MK. I would imagine that WDW may not want to reopen immediately the indoor theater type of attractions. This makes me nervous for the Frozen Sing-Along at DHS. We love that one. I wonder if they could limit the seating so that every 3rd or 4th row is occupied instead of completely scrapping it.
Me too - I love Frozen Sing-Along, but my DH does not. He sits through it for me, but one of the things he said after the parks closed was that they would probably have to keep the sing-along shut down due to potential virus spread from the kind of loud singing I do there......hmmm........sounds like someone is just trying to get out of going to me :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter