RuPaul's Drag Race Season 2 starts tonight!

We're hooked too. We've never seen season one, but we wanted to try out this seasons. Ten minutes into the show and we knew we would have to record it weekly.

It's like a train wreck waiting to happen.

HOORAY!!! I'm glad to see some positive posts about Pandora. Pandora is a Rochester girl (my hubby and I live here in Rochester) and Pandora (aka Michael) is a good friend of mine. I adore her---and I know there are a lot of queens on the show still to try to fit all into a one hour show, but I have to say I was disappointed that she didn't get a little more air time so that her personality could come across more because SHE IS A HOOT! She is the silliest, craziest, funniest, cleverest thing....and is so involved in our community in a really positive way (and has been for a very long time).

We're definitely all pulling for our local girl! :thumbsup2

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=8524198

You guys definatley have some talent up in Rochester! We use Windz and Raven (in the video) sometimes for our shows in Pgh. They are really good!! They pull in a huge crowd ! I also hear they just got engaged!:lovestruc

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=8524198

You guys definatley have some talent up in Rochester! We use Windz and Raven (in the video) sometimes for our shows in Pgh. They are really good!! They pull in a huge crowd ! I also hear they just got engaged!:lovestruc

I know both of them very well, as well. Professionally I work in the LGBT field doing advocacy and capacity building trainings----and two of my program's big areas of focus are LGBTQ youth issues and healthcare & human service providers. Windz, in his day to day non drag life, works in the schools and so is a great contact for school change around LGBTQ adolescent issues and Raven, in his day to day non-drag life, is just finishing up medical school and has been a part of a lot training I do here with the medical community!! (I'm a lecturer in our area medical and nursing school programs around LGBTQ patient care issues)

I know both of them very well, as well. Professionally I work in the LGBT field doing advocacy and capacity building trainings----and two of my program's big areas of focus are LGBTQ youth issues and healthcare & human service providers. Windz, in his day to day non drag life, works in the schools and so is a great contact for school change around LGBTQ adolescent issues and Raven, in his day to day non-drag life, is just finishing up medical school and has been a part of a lot training I do here with the medical community!! (I'm a lecturer in our area medical and nursing school programs around LGBTQ patient care issues)

Very cool! They are really great! It is a shame Pgh is so far from Rochester! I really feel that when they come in for a show they really do it well. The audience responds to them!

Small little world , huh?!!

HOORAY!!! I'm glad to see some positive posts about Pandora. Pandora is a Rochester girl (my hubby and I live here in Rochester) and Pandora (aka Michael) is a good friend of mine. I adore her---and I know there are a lot of queens on the show still to try to fit all into a one hour show, but I have to say I was disappointed that she didn't get a little more air time so that her personality could come across more because SHE IS A HOOT! She is the silliest, craziest, funniest, cleverest thing....and is so involved in our community in a really positive way (and has been for a very long time).

We're definitely all pulling for our local girl! :thumbsup2

Hey Tig,

I'm glad you posted. I'll admit I've never been to one of the shows. They're too late for me. But I definitely think the article in City Newspaper shows more what Pandora's about and it didn't translate to the first episode. And with all of the stuff she does around here she obviously is well received as performer here. (I do read the EC and City Newspaper and at least try to keep up with the local news there)

I told DP Pandora wasn't getting much air time and I was worried she'd be out the 1st week, but then DP pointed out Michael was getting a lot of air time. And he did, they actually showed quite a bit of his interviews. So it will be interesting to see if Pandora gets more air time on the next episode.

Another Rochesterian pulling for Pandora.

PS
Was there a good crowd for the viewing on Monday at Tilt?

You do realize Wally arrives tomorrow, and Deltona from Disney....

Just sayin! :lmao:

it would be an honor...... I think:rotfl:

WE are seriuosly thinking of heading out for Gaydays to meet some of you. We used to have our annual passes but with this economy we couldnt afford to renew. HINT to Disney put the prices a little lower so we can afford it.

Hey Tig,

I'm glad you posted. I'll admit I've never been to one of the shows. They're too late for me. But I definitely think the article in City Newspaper shows more what Pandora's about and it didn't translate to the first episode. And with all of the stuff she does around here she obviously is well received as performer here. (I do read the EC and City Newspaper and at least try to keep up with the local news there)

I told DP Pandora wasn't getting much air time and I was worried she'd be out the 1st week, but then DP pointed out Michael was getting a lot of air time. And he did, they actually showed quite a bit of his interviews. So it will be interesting to see if Pandora gets more air time on the next episode.

Another Rochesterian pulling for Pandora.

PS
Was there a good crowd for the viewing on Monday at Tilt?

We didn't go to Tilt for the viewing party but I heard there was decent/fun crowd and I'm sure it'll grow as the show progresses. We watched here in the comfort of our home.....my hubby and I are homebodies who basically only leave for work, groceries and, of course, Disney! :)

We're hooked too. We've never seen season one, but we wanted to try out this seasons. Ten minutes into the show and we knew we would have to record it weekly.

It's like a train wreck waiting to happen.

Same here, I'm now addicted, sigh...too many tv shows to watch already! Between American Idol, Drag Race, Grey's Anatomy, Intervention, NCIS LA, Rachel Maddow, Golden Girls I need a body double to keep up! and when the real housewives of NY come back...idk what to do.

hmmmm not sure about the last episode . I know they can manipulate the scenes they show in many different ways. I thought Tyra Sanchez came off horribly . She was one of my fav's but i'm taking a wait and see approach.

hmmmm not sure about the last episode . I know they can manipulate the scenes they show in many different ways. I thought Tyra Sanchez came off horribly . She was one of my fav's but i'm taking a wait and see approach.

Yes she did....actually I think several of them have come off as nasty thus far. I realize that's possibly/probably the way it's being edited...and that it is the stereotype about drag queens in general that they're all super *****y....but it's kind of disappointing....I know it wouldn't make for nearly as "interesting" TV for most folks, but I'd love to see a bunch of sissified gay men in dresses actually getting along, having a good time and bonding like sisters!! :lovestruc

I think my favorite quote this season thus far is RuPaul, "I do sassy, honey, NOT *****y!" (Talking to Sonique about the way she acted selling the cherry pie gift certificates on the street.) All the queens could take that as a little nugget of wisdom!!

(I know I'm biased since she's my friend, but I am pleased that thus far Pandora has seemed to not be wrapped up in too much of the nastiness and drama. :thumbsup2)

That is so fantastic to hear about Raven! She's my favorite.

That is so fantastic to hear about Raven! She's my favorite.

I should be clear....that the "Raven" we're talking about who's a med student is a well known drag KING here in the Rochester area....not the queen Raven who is a contestant on Drag Race this season (or the fierce Atlanta queen Raven aka "Goddess Raven" who has been around forever, used to perform in Charlie Brown's show and won the national EOY (Entertainer of the Year) pageant a few year's back)

I should be clear....that the "Raven" we're talking about who's a med student is a well known drag KING here in the Rochester area....not the queen Raven who is a contestant on Drag Race this season (or the fierce Atlanta queen Raven aka "Goddess Raven" who has been around forever, used to perform in Charlie Brown's show and won the national EOY (Entertainer of the Year) pageant a few year's back)

Tig, my fault entirely... that's what happens when I just jump into a thread without paying too much attention!

Pandora is also another favorite. I loved her interactions with Kathy Griffin the other week. And you're right about her wanting to stay above the drama.

I was a little nervous last night (I watch it on VH1 on Tuesdays) when Pandora's team lost, but she made it through, phew.

I didn't watch last season and I've read various posts not just here of people being disappointed compared to last season. Because I don't have that point of reference, I'm loving it. Work is also extra crazy this time of year so Tuesday nights are now my proclaimed to get in bed with DP and just watch the show.

I still don't think Shangela should've gone in the first week.

i agree Shangala shouldn't have been dropped yet. I suppose they have to keep around some of the weaker ones for some controversy. I would love to know how much of a say RuPaul actually has in the decision or if its controlled by some secret group of writers..

As of now Pandora is my #1 and Raven is #2 her dress blew me away

Okay. So last night's episode was . . . interesting.

After three episodes, I have to say Pandora Box has emerged as my favorite, followed closely by Raven.

I know that I should be cheering on the "local girl" but Tyra Sanchez grates every nerve I've got. Can't stand her. Totally peeved that she won last night and we'll be stuck with her for at least two more episodes.

Can't disagree that Mystique needed to go last night. It was her time to go. And at least we won't have to watch her drop into a split anymore (one trick pony, anyone?)

Okay, that's my rambling. What did everyone else think?

Okay. So last night's episode was . . . interesting.

After three episodes, I have to say Pandora Box has emerged as my favorite, followed closely by Raven.

I know that I should be cheering on the "local girl" but Tyra Sanchez grates every nerve I've got. Can't stand her. Totally peeved that she won last night and we'll be stuck with her for at least two more episodes.

Can't disagree that Mystique needed to go last night. It was her time to go. And at least we won't have to watch her drop into a split anymore (one trick pony, anyone?)

Okay, that's my rambling. What did everyone else think?

I agree with you about Tyra as well as Mystique. They both need to go in my opinion. I'm not sure who my favorite is, but Raven blew me away with how beautiful he was last night. He didn't look as "scary" as he normally does. He actually looked pretty.

I agree with you about Tyra as well as Mystique. They both need to go in my opinion. I'm not sure who my favorite is, but Raven blew me away with how beautiful he was last night. He didn't look as "scary" as he normally does. He actually looked pretty.

Am I the only person watching this on VH1 on Tuesdays so that I can catch Hoarders on A&E on Monday? I need a DVR!!!

I was very good and did not get on this thread until after I watched the show tonight. While Tyra didn't deserve to go home (even thought I can't stand her) I don't think she should've won. I think Jessica should have. She did a great job with the commercial and had a great country look.

While Raven looked good on the runway, all I could think of was Will Farrell from "Elf" saying "He's a very angry elf". Raven's a very angry Queen.

I thought Pandora's jeans were adorable and her facial expressions were priceless during the eating competition. And she's just nice and funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter