RuPaul's Drag Race Season 2 starts tonight!

Yes, Mystique needed to go (what was with that "country" outfit). Still don't have a favorite yet. Pandora Box, Sonique, and Raven are front runners. Love the Absolute Vodka commercials with some of last year's contestants (where is one with Rebecca Glasscock?). Next time I'm in Vegas I want to see Chantal perform.:happytv:

I agree it was time for Mystique to go. I don't like Raven. I do like Pandora and Jujube.

Love the Absolute Vodka commercials with some of last year's contestants (where is one with Rebecca Glasscock?).

I was thnking the samething last night when I was watching.

A bit off topic, but related...

A couple I know are in the Keys for a vacation right now. They went to see their first show this past weekend. The called me night before last to ask about the "mindset" of a drag queen.

The mindset???? Yes. They wanted to know how hard it is to easily move between genders...

I told them I had no clue.

Any thoughts? :confused:

I should be clear....that the "Raven" we're talking about who's a med student is a well known drag KING here in the Rochester area....not the queen Raven who is a contestant on Drag Race this season (or the fierce Atlanta queen Raven aka "Goddess Raven" who has been around forever, used to perform in Charlie Brown's show and won the national EOY (Entertainer of the Year) pageant a few year's back)

when I heard there was a "Raven" on the show I was so hoping it was going to be "my" Raven (the one from Atlanta). She is great.

My favorites so far this season:
Pandora - She is less drama
Raven
Morgan (because I think he is cute out of drag)

I liked this week's show, too....and I'm really pleased with Pandora's showing...she seems to be doing well in competitions, staying out of the nonsense, and is getting just enough face time to make her interesting. I have high hopes that she's a dark horse to make it to the very end.

I WAS disappointed that the judges (specifically Santino) don't seem to get Pandora's style. I thought her outfit was fine. It was cute and it definitely said "country" (or at least the version of "country" that they were encouraged to go for)----and what's more, she pretty much made or embellished most of that outfit herself....which is more than I can say for all the queens who simply threw on a pair of jeans (or cut off jeans), an Ellie-Mae-from-the-beverly-hillbillies plaid shirt, cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. <<yawn>>>

Anyhow...beyond Pandora, my favorite in terms of looks is Raven...I thought she looked amazing this week on the runway....although her personality leaves MUCH to be desired, to be honest. I also like Tatianna and Jujubee. I can't STAND Morgan and I'm really hoping she gets the big "sashay away" very very soon.

I WAS disappointed that the judges (specifically Santino) don't seem to get Pandora's style. I thought her outfit was fine. It was cute and it definitely said "country" (or at least the version of "country" that they were encouraged to go for)----and what's more, she pretty much made or embellished most of that outfit herself....which is more than I can say for all the queens who simply threw on a pair of jeans (or cut off jeans), an Ellie-Mae-from-the-beverly-hillbillies plaid shirt, cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. <<yawn>>>

Anyhow...beyond Pandora, my favorite in terms of looks is Raven...I thought she looked amazing this week on the runway....although her personality leaves MUCH to be desired, to be honest. I also like Tatianna and Jujubee. I can't STAND Morgan and I'm really hoping she gets the big "sashay away" very very soon.

Agreed. Raven needs to lighten up. And Jujubee cracks me up. On the subject of Pandora, I have the feeling that the judges feel the winner needs to be Super Glamour like Ru is. And Pandora seems to be a bit more down to earth and real. Maybe she can ramp up the glamour.

OK all caught up!

I like Pandora so far, but not sure she has the "look" to win.

Can we send Santino home next week? That man grates my last gay nerve!

Agreed. Raven needs to lighten up. And Jujubee cracks me up. On the subject of Pandora, I have the feeling that the judges feel the winner needs to be Super Glamour like Ru is. And Pandora seems to be a bit more down to earth and real. Maybe she can ramp up the glamour.

The funny thing about Pandora is that she USED to be way more glamour...she used to be a pageant queen and has had every title a queen can possibly have up this way....but she's been doing drag a long time and I think has really settled into a more comfortable drag personality. It's unfortunate that this show doesn't ever really allow the queens to do what they do----because what Pandora is really good at is comedic drag numbers (she does this insane telephone number with hilarious lines from films & movies that's a classic here in Rochester) and impersonations or big production numbers. This show doesn't really ever give the queens an opportunity to show any of THAT kind of stuff off....which is odd since one of the primary prizes is the chance to headline the Absolute Vodka Pride Tour.....and I'm quite certain that when they send the winner around the country performing at Pride Festivals and parades all over the US...they won't be asking her to eat fried bull testicles on stage....or simply walk around in a "country themed outfit"....they'll want her to put together a fierce & entertaining show. :confused3

Yeah I can't really stand Morgan either, except for the fact that he is cute out of drag.

Really? My husband and I both think that in and out of drag she looks like someone with their face pushed up against a plate glass window! :rotfl2:

This show doesn't really ever give the queens an opportunity to show any of THAT kind of stuff off....which is odd since one of the primary prizes is the chance to headline the Absolute Vodka Pride Tour.....and I'm quite certain that when they send the winner around the country performing at Pride Festivals and parades all over the US...they won't be asking her to eat fried bull testicles on stage....or simply walk around in a "country themed outfit"....they'll want her to put together a fierce & entertaining show. :confused3

Yeah not all the Queens are lip syncers and dancers.

My two favorites so far are Pandora and yes Tyra.

Tyra has a great style and is creative, but she REALLY needs to work on the attitude. She's got that "20 going on 50" cynical outlook that needs help, but her "transforming" runway costume was great.

OK all caught up!

I like Pandora so far, but not sure she has the "look" to win.

Can we send Santino home next week? That man grates my last gay nerve!

I am SO with you on that. I CAN'T STAND HIM!

I'm peeved that they gave him one of the Absolute commercials!

And how creepy was it when he hit on the bartender? ICK! Poor guy must have had to have "The Full Silkwood" to recover.

I am SO with you on that. I CAN'T STAND HIM!

I'm peeved that they gave him one of the Absolute commercials!

And how creepy was it when he hit on the bartender? ICK! Poor guy must have had to have "The Full Silkwood" to recover.

I have to agree with both of you. He's more than insufferable on this show.

In all fairness, I used to love him on Runway and it kind of saddens me that he's such a jerk now.

Maybe its the editing? ;)

In all fairness, I used to love him on Runway and it kind of saddens me that he's such a jerk now.

I didn't like him on Runway either...LOL...and actually I didn't know he was even gay. Can we throw that one back in the lake?:lmao:

He was a total tool on Project Runway too! Not to mention a no-talent hack. He even admits in the Absolut commercial that his goal was to be a "star" not a world class designer. He's nothing more than a fame *****.

I didn't like him on Runway either...LOL...and actually I didn't know he was even gay. Can we throw that one back in the lake?:lmao:

Yes! Throw him in a lake! With concrete shoes!

OMG. We hated Santino on Project Runway AND his stupid baby doll dresses. The man can't even design.

Give me Christian and his FIERCE! Ten times the designer Santino will ever be. Daniel (the one who didn't win, the year Chloe did) was incredible too.

Don't know who Santino is favoring with his "charms" but that's the only way he's getting air time. :confused3

Sorry.

Carry on. :D (Haven't seen a single episode of this season'd RuPaul. :( ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter