• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

RV interior decor

First let me thank rapriebe, happycamper87 and others who've complimented me on the remodel, I really appreciate the encouragement I get from folks on these boards. Also, I fear the pictures make it look a bit better than it really is (making me a better photographer than remodeler?).

...I would love to do something like that but DH would never want to undertake such a large project. Something like that requires alot of different skills and attention to detail...

The greatest gift I ever got from my grandfather (my primary male role-model, and best friend) was a sense of fearlessness when it comes to working with your hands. With basic skills and tools, an ability to analyze how something should work, and a bit of willingness to try you can usually get into something you've never done before and make the repair and get back out. And when it doesn't work, there are repairmen who can pick up where you ran out of steam. No need to go to the repairmen first! We used to go to garage sales every week and he would usually buy stuff that was broken and essentially free just so he could take it home and make it work. Unfortunately, his SOP was to make it work well enough for him, not necessarily the way it did originally... so he had tons of gadgets that you had to use a different switch, or hold a certain way, or whatever to get it to work.

I guess my point is, it's easier to tear into something that is broke or worthless than to something new, or that works fine. My MoHo was broke and worthless (rotting, sagging, moldy and water-stained) and it was going to sit unused until the day it was towed to the dump if I didn't get in and fix it. If it was perfectly usable and strong I would have had a much harder time tearing into it to make cosmetic changes.

Actually, very little of what I did required lots of skill. The cabinetry is really the only hard-acquired skill I used on this project, and even most of it was doable for a novice except the raised panel doors (which can be purchased). Probably the biggest challenge was figuring out how to cut the wall panels precisely. Used a paper templating technique like vinyl flooring installers use, that I saw on tv.

All that to say, you never know what you can do until you try. And you never know what you can't do until you fail, and when you do fail there are experts out there who can fix it! So don't be afraid to try. :smooth:

All that to say, you never know what you can do until you try. And you never know what you can't do until you fail, and when you do fail there are experts out there who can fix it! So don't be afraid to try. :smooth:

Shan, you sound just like my DH! He always says, "I WILL win!", even when it's not looking too good! :laughing: It's a great attitude to have. And what an awesome job you did on your MoHo!!! Looks great! Enjoy!

Wow Shan-Man! Looking at the before/after pics, I would swear you knew what you were doing. lol. Great job!!

I'll share a few of mine. Nothing great to look at but it's functional and it's ours. These are from the day we picked it up. Now that I think about it it hasn't been this clean since, especially the outside. Those black streaks are killing me.

P1010163.jpg

P1010164.jpg

P1010165.jpg

P1010167.jpg

P1010174.jpg

Do they sell a product called AWESOME where you live? it wipes those black streaks right off! Very cheap - at the dollar store! Who's idea was it to use BLACK RUBBER anyways!

Yeah, I've tried Awsome. It helps but the streaks remain, just lighter.

I use wesley's bleach white, you know, the stuff you use to make your tires clean and the letters white. It works about 10x better than any of the real "streak cleaners" I have tried (Just make sure to rinse it off with water when you are done). I used it all the time on my alum. sided trailer, I haven't had to use it on the new TT. It is a smooth sided fiberglass, and the best thing I have found for it is just to use McGuires cleaner wax. You kill 2 birds with one stone, you get rid of the black streaks, and give it a coat of wax at the sime time. I just started yesterday waxing the TT, but it started to rain. so will work more this weekend.

I use wesley's bleach white, you know, the stuff you use to make your tires clean and the letters white. It works about 10x better than any of the real "streak cleaners" I have tried (Just make sure to rinse it off with water when you are done). I used it all the time on my alum. sided trailer, I haven't had to use it on the new TT. It is a smooth sided fiberglass, and the best thing I have found for it is just to use McGuires cleaner wax. You kill 2 birds with one stone, you get rid of the black streaks, and give it a coat of wax at the sime time. I just started yesterday waxing the TT, but it started to rain. so will work more this weekend.

Yeap, that's what DH uses on our Fiver, Westley's Bleach White. If they are real bad, he will also use Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. Both of them will take those black streaks right off.

LOL! We have the same towels in our TT. Like what you did with the border. Did you replace an original border with that one...or wasn't there one to begine with?..

Nice job..looks good!:thumbsup2

LOL! We have the same towels in our TT. Like what you did with the border. Did you replace an original border with that one...or wasn't there one to begine with?..

Nice job..looks good!:thumbsup2

We left the original border up and just went over it.

Here's what it looked like before our wilderness decor.

lostpict327.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter