Selftrade -admin fee

I was actually on the verge of buying some shares after thinking long and hard i was just going to et up my account just before all this happened PHEW!!! So the question is can i still buy some shares if i go through the Halifax

Cap'n and Iain, thankyou for the forms. I have sent four emails and phoned everyday since this was announced here last week. I have not had any replies and just cannot get through on the phone.

Think I will fill in the form, is this a form to print and post by the way or has it to be filled in on line?

Then open an account with Halifax. I just get a bit parannoid giving my details everywhere, it took a lot to let them go to Selftrade and now have to do it again.

Nothing runs smooth though does it. Need a trip to DLP to bring a bit of magic.

Thanks guys.

Hopefully will get some answers soon.

Good luck everyone.:sad2:

I was actually on the verge of buying some shares after thinking long and hard i was just going to et up my account just before all this happened PHEW!!! So the question is can i still buy some shares if i go through the Halifax

I was in the same position and kept putting off setting it up for one reason or another, have been looking at the Halifax account tonight and yes you can still buy the shares through. The normal charge for an international deal is £17.50 but they are doing free deals up until close of business on Friday. If you can get it set up quick you could save yourself a wee bit of money!

Yes you can...it's very easy too!

Think I will fill in the form, is this a form to print and post by the way or has it to be filled in on line?

The Selftrade Closure form and the Halifax Transfer form both need to be printed out and sent in to the respective companies...I'd suggest by recorded delivery too!

Halifax account was far, far less painfull to open than my Selftrade account was!

FAO Roon - Dont close your selftrade account until you have opened Halifax account and transferred shares. This way (I think) you only pay selftrade £10 transfer fee. If you close the Selftrade account first, they will have to sell your shares for you (which costs £12.50) and then you will have to rebuy them throught Halifax. This week with Halifax its free but usually it costs £17.50 to buy International shares with them. I opened my account on Saturday and only got my password through yesterday.

I hope thats right - Someone please let me know if not.
Ta

JC:confused3

well.... i finally made my decision....
due to the no fee on halifax dealing - i decided to buy all 20 shares with halifax, then will sell my 5 shares with selftrade & close the account - as think thats alot less hassle!!!

and, theres only a couple of £ diff, so hardly lost anything - apart from my shares valued alot less than when i bought them :(

so - now i have 20 shares in disney :angel:

FAO Roon - Dont close your selftrade account until you have opened Halifax account and transferred shares. This way (I think) you only pay selftrade £10 transfer fee. If you close the Selftrade account first, they will have to sell your shares for you (which costs £12.50) and then you will have to rebuy them throught Halifax. This week with Halifax its free but usually it costs £17.50 to buy International shares with them. I opened my account on Saturday and only got my password through yesterday.

I hope thats right - Someone please let me know if not.
Ta

JC:confused3

Great advice!

I've made sure there is £10 in my Selftrade Account and also that they know by way of a covering note NOT to sell my shares but to transfer them

Hi all, please bear with me.
This is the first day I have had the energy or inclination to try and sort this out!
So first of all I need to go into the halifax on line website and set up another share dealing account?
If you could let me know I will do tonight.
Typical why do things like this happen when not feeling great and no energy!
:flower3: :flower3: :flower3:

First time I have had a clear head to tackle this :headache:

I have registered for a Halifax sharedealer account. Doubt I will get the paperwork through in time to benefit from the free transaction by Friday. But I will wait for the account paperwork and then fill out the transfer from SelfTrade.

Hi all, please bear with me.
This is the first day I have had the energy or inclination to try and sort this out!
So first of all I need to go into the halifax on line website and set up another share dealing account?
If you could let me know I will do tonight.
Typical why do things like this happen when not feeling great and no energy!
:flower3: :flower3: :flower3:

That's right, this is how I did it:

1) Open new Sharedealing account with halifax (as an existing online customer my account was opened instantly)

2) Fill in Selftrade Account Closure Form available on-line

3) Fill in Halifax Transfer form

4) Post the forms...and wait :thumbsup2

If you need any help then just let me know either through here on through a PM

Just want to say a very big "thank you" to all of you! I got a letter from Selftrade a few weeks back but assumed it was the usual annual statement of account and, because financial matters make my head hurt :sad2: , I glanced at it briefly, filed it and thought no more about it. It was only when I was browsing this forum that I came across this thread and the alarm bells started ringing.
I'm particularly grateful to those of you who've got your financial heads screwed on and have found out the best way to go about saving the situation. I wouldn't know where to start, I'm afraid.:confused3
I've now set up a Halifax share dealing account, downloaded the Selftrade account closure form and will transfer my shares when the Halifax account is fully registered.
I will also definitely be sending a copy of "Rosie"'s letter to Selftrade and hope our concerted complaints will have the desired effect.
Many thanks again! :worship:

I also have to say a thank you to alerting me to the Selftrade fees. I received my letter a few weeks ago, but didn't bother reading it. I had set up a Selftrade account a few years ago, but had never managed to buy the shares because they wouldn't accept a transfer from my bank account (maybe they didn't recognise Bank of Ireland, even though it was a sterling account) so I gave up with the whole idea, but still had an empty Selftrade account, which I have now closed! Maybe some day, if the notion to buy shares hits me again, I will open a Halifax account.

Thanks again.

Hello everyone, Many thanks again for all the information. I don't feel I am still anywhere nearer.

I have opened the share dealing account at Halifax but am now awaiting the password so I can finish off the application. I have printed off my self trade cancellation form, which I am holding on to until the Halifax is properly in operation.

Am I right in thinking that I cannot do a transfer until my account is set up?

Do you know, I have heard nothing from Selftrade, I am still sending emails and trying to talk by phone. Think I have spent £40-00 waiting on line for them.

Hopefully by the end of next week I will be up and running. Will Selftrade just act on the form when I send it. I am not holding my breath for any response from them. Not very professional.

Well I have just cought up with all this, I too filed my letter!!!
Thanks for all the advice. I have now opened an Halifax a/c but was wondering how long this takes and will i get my password for the a/c and be able to print off transfer form in time for end of June? Or is it to risky should I just sell and buy again????? Where can I find the transfer form I could not locate it. Thanks everyone:laundy::laundy::laundy:

Just thought I'd report back on this - I received a letter dated Thursday to say that they have received my request to close my account and have now completed this.

got through today on phone , the person was very abrupt

i asked to close the account , and he just said rite , and goodbye , and hung up

how rude lol :cool1:

got through today on phone , the person was very abrupt

i asked to close the account , and he just said rite , and goodbye , and hung up

how rude lol :cool1:

How very rude:eek

I think until we are given our passwords and able to complete registration, we wont be able to locate the transfer form. Is that right?

Thought mine might have come today, but just got home from work and nothing.

Hopefully tomorrow. Time is ticking.

Hi Roon,

That's correct - until you can accesss your Share Dealing account within Halifax Online you cannot get hold of the transfer paperwork.

It's an online form that you complete and then print, so it's sadly not even something someone else can sent you.

Regards

Iain

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter