• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah, you know lots!!! was that the one that was previuoslly called dixie landings? we went years ago and loved it.

No, what was Dixie Landings is now Port Orleans Riverside, and yes it is a lovely resort.

Saratoga Springs is a large DVC resort across from Downtown Disney. We really like spending our first nights there and walking to DTD a few times. We are DVC members there.

No, what was Dixie Landings is now Port Orleans Riverside, and yes it is a lovely resort.

Saratoga Springs is a large DVC resort across from Downtown Disney. We really like spending our first nights there and walking to DTD a few times.

Ah, sounds nice. LAst time we went to dtd it was really great, other times it has been really quiet and boring.Its nice to ditch the car occ.
ALL we talk about is cruising, my Mum drives me nuts (in a good way) and keeps getting the 2 cruises mixed up.:confused:Its a hard life.

Im sure it is :thumbsup2 some one els will confirm cause Im not doing it ,I dont pay that much attention:confused:

Yes, they are the same. The website just captures the whole group in one easy place. So sign up for whatever on the website, then come here and talk about it...

Sue

I haven't been on in ages. We were busy with holidays, going to CES etc. I hope to make more time to be on the boards as the time gets closer.

John is going to Barcelona next Friday on business so he is going to check it out for us.

How do I sign up to go to the Disneyland meet in March?

Yes, they are the same. The website just captures the whole group in one easy place. So sign up for whatever on the website, then come here and talk about it...

Sue

I signed up here for secret mickey, but my name is not over there. I will go there and sign up again. Thanks for clearing that up.

Just popping in to say hi!

Had some bad news here yesterday: DH has been relieved of partaking in the grind of full-time employment. While this situation surely has its bad points, we can manage and prospects look very good for him to be burdened again with being an employee in the near future. We are looking at it as an opportunity for badly needed change for him.

That being said, we will be eating crackers and tea to be able to afford the cruise and out upcoming total bathroom gut renovation! Fortunately, I love tea and don't mind crackers. Canceling the cruise is out of the question, and we need the bathroom reno before the bathtub falls into the laundry room below!

Hello to all the new joinees! I'm so looking forward to this cruise and meeting you all.

Wish us luck as we are without a bathtub (or main bathroom) for the next 3-4 weeks. Our renovator friend is also a snow plower so wish us clear skies so we can be done quickly.

Wish us luck as we are without a bathtub (or main bathroom) for the next 3-4 weeks. Our renovator friend is also a snow plower so wish us clear skies so we can be done quickly.

Luck and pixie dust coming your way for a quick renovation and a great new job!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Had some bad news here yesterday: DH has been relieved of partaking in the grind of full-time employment.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I was laid off over the summer but there is no way we are cancelling either!

I hope he finds work soon! :hug:

We are off to Florida next week!! :yay:We leave here this coming Sunday for the airport hotel and are flying out to Orlando on Monday 8th. We are there for 6 weeks and have a 7 night Magic Western on the 20th February. :yay: Not planning on doing anything at all, just getting off in port to go for a walk. going to be very lazy. I'm still suffering some pain after eating since the pancreatitis so will have to be a bit careful what and how much I eat!!:eek::eek: Also no alcohol!! Not a problem really, but I did used to like a glass of wine with a meal, and where better than onboard the Magic!! Ah well, at least I will be onboard.:rotfl:

Have a wonderful time Marilyn and give our love to the Magic :love: I can only dream of being in Florida for 6 weeks ... you are very lucky :woohoo:

Good morning everyone. I have been away from here for a long time. I thought I had better get my act together this morning and stop by, check in and see what planning is going on.

We are all still coming, DH, Myself, DSis, DBil and DN and her DH. No grandchildren in tow this time. Not sure I will know what to do with myself to just do adult activities. I am sure willing to find out:thumbsup2

Is there anyone I should meet first? Are there any special gatherings we should consider?

I look forward to meeting you all on-line and chatting over the next few months.

Have a wonderful day
Dee:wave2:

HI Dee ... welcome back. :goodvibes

We leave for Disneyland this evening!! :woohoo: Dennis said he thinks he may not want to lug along the laptop...:surfweb:.:scared1: No DIS for a week????? :eek: We will see if he can leave his Farm on FB for a week! :lmao:

Have a fantastic time in Disneyland Angie and Dennis :woohoo:

I took grandmother for her three week post-surgery appointment yesterday. He was very pleased with her progress and the look of the long incision. So we're very grateful for that! He wants to see her again in 3 more weeks.

Pleased to hear that your grandmother is making such a good recovery Kimberley. It must be all the TLC she is getting from you :hug:

I checked out the site, but I am confused. Is the fish extender and secret Mickey on that site the same as the one here?

Yes .... you can sign up for our Secret Mickey, Fish Extender Exchange, Lanyards etc etc on the www.transatlanticpirates.com website. Just register with the roll call and then you can click on what you want to sign up to.

Had some bad news here yesterday: DH has been relieved of partaking in the grind of full-time employment. While this situation surely has its bad points, we can manage and prospects look very good for him to be burdened again with being an employee in the near future. We are looking at it as an opportunity for badly needed change for him.

That being said, we will be eating crackers and tea to be able to afford the cruise and out upcoming total bathroom gut renovation! Fortunately, I love tea and don't mind crackers. Canceling the cruise is out of the question, and we need the bathroom reno before the bathtub falls into the laundry room below!

Hello to all the new joinees! I'm so looking forward to this cruise and meeting you all.

Hope your DH manages to get fixed up with an opportunity soon and that your bathroom renovation goes as planned. We did ours two years ago and as DH wanted to do it himself it was taking him months, until I was so fed up I called in a plumber to put in all the fixtures, and he did it in about 2 days
:confused3:confused3

Total now 38 people - please check and make sure I have you listed and listed correctly :)

Name Hotel # in party
PaulaSillars Praktik Rambla 3
TotallyAngelic Praktik Rambla 2
Dizneyholic Praktik Rambla 2
Buckeye Gal Praktik Rambla 1
MrsMork Praktik Rambla 2
MagicMe Praktik Rambla 3
Granmaz Praktik Rambla 2
Steffy Praktik Rambla 1
Tinker1bell Praktik Rambla 1
Terapin Praktik Rambla 6
M4Travels Praktik Rambla 2
Nacho1337 Praktik Rambla 4
YukonGirl123 Praktik Rambla 2
KermitRocks Praktik Barcelona 2
PJPoohBear Praktik Barcelona 1
Su_Kraft TBA 4

I haven't been on in ages. We were busy with holidays, going to CES etc. I hope to make more time to be on the boards as the time gets closer.

John is going to Barcelona next Friday on business so he is going to check it out for us.

How do I sign up to go to the Disneyland meet in March?
Very exciting,lucky John or does he find it boring going away with out you?
I signed up here for secret mickey, but my name is not over there. I will go there and sign up again. Thanks for clearing that up.
:thumbsup2

:wizard:clear skies to you. And a bigger and better job for dh.
Glad your not cancelling!

I have never heard of a mouse taking up residence in a car before .... how very strange. You should get one of those humane traps and try and tempt him in with chocolate. Hope he doesn't jump on your lap while you're driving :scared1:

Last winter I lifted the bonnet of my car (which I don't use terribly often) and found a bunch of seed potatoes that we'd bought to plant in the spring along with a bunch of mouse poo - probably a nice warm place to sit and nosh after the car had been out a while;)

I know we had planned open seats on those buses for the EBPC cruise but not enough.;)

I will have less luggage this time then that trip. Only a checked bag and carry on and maybe a personal item- no wheelchair or crutches or boot.:cool1::thumbsup2:banana:

Wow Becky - you won't know yourself travelling so light! :rotfl:

We arrive at the Praktik Rambla in the evening of the 14th so it will be fun seeing everyone else arriving - lots of American accents and a few others odd ones.:

Odd accents? I think you might be talking about me :rolleyes:

I checked out the site, but I am confused. Is the fish extender and secret Mickey on that site the same as the one here?

Oh i hope it IS!!

I've signed up to join fishextender on the transatlantic pirate thread. So hope someone can confirm this.

SW

Yes it is the same sign up - just in one place.

As another thought - did anyone volunteer for putting together a group navigator?

Ah, sounds nice. LAst time we went to dtd it was really great, other times it has been really quiet and boring.Its nice to ditch the car occ.
ALL we talk about is cruising, my Mum drives me nuts (in a good way) and keeps getting the 2 cruises mixed up.:confused:Its a hard life.

I have been known to get confused about the 2(TA and PC) cruises, but John is terrible. I tell him a whole load of info about this cruise, and he looks blank because it doesn't fit in with what he remembered - as he is thinking about the PC cruise. I have to straighten him out and then start all over again with what I have just told him!!! :headache::headache::headache: Seems even if I start off with the words Transatlantic and Panama Canal it doesn't make any difference whatsoever.

It doesn't help that we have this third cruise booked we are taking in 2 weeks either, but as we aren't doing anything special on that the plans are minor. We do however have the flights booked, so if I talk flights he is always thinking of the wrong vacation!!!

Sorry to heart about the job situation. You sound very positive though. Glad you are still planning on joining us. All the best in your bathroom renovations!!!

Have a wonderful time Marilyn and give our love to the Magic :love: I can only dream of being in Florida for 6 weeks ... you are very lucky :woohoo:

We are, and we know that. We are also old!!!!!! That is the slight down side of having the time and ability to go for these longer trips. :lmao::lmao: We are also really mean and tight at home and don't go out or spend much the rest of the year. If you go for so long, you can't eat out at Disney restaurants all the time and have to cook in the villa. Only down side, but better cooking there rather than here!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Odd accents? I think you might be talking about me :rolleyes:

Myself as well with a bit of a broad Yorkshire accent.:rolleyes1

Passing along hope and wishes that your husband finds something quickly and for clear skies.

SSR?? I know I am being thick, it sounds fab.

If your thick, I must be really dense. I knew this one but, I had to have a cheat sheet for all the short forms for awhile.

When we went to WDW in 2008 we got a free upgrade from an All Star resort to a SSR one bedroom. That was a great offer. :cool1:

Jon

Heres pixiedust: for a quick bathroom, and a quick return to the burden of FT employment.

Sue

Total now 38 people - please check and make sure I have you listed and listed correctly :)

Name Hotel # in party
Su_Kraft TBA 4

You can take the TBA away... We have moved and are confirmed at Praktik Rambla!!

Let the party begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter