Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks you guys! :grouphug: I'll be doing my best to keep a positive attitude. I truly believe that things happen for a reason, and indeed I needed to move on to a happier work-life. So this is my kicker. :)

I know that unfortunately, I'm far from being in a unique situation either. I'll just be darned if this impacts my party plans in 472 days!!!

Kimberly...keep up the good attitude! Like you, I think things do happen for a reason. I believe in fate. Something very good will come your way I am sure.

Welcome to the newcomers! This is going to be an awesome cruise.

Linda

Hi,

My husband, son and I are booked on a med cruise for 7/8. I toyed with the idea of the TA, but after looking at the headline costs on the DU website dismissed it as being far too expensive for a second holiday!

Lorraine

Welcome aboard!!!

Along those lines (well...sorta), I became unemployed today. They eliminated my position. So let's hope in the next few months I find a new job so I can still take this amazing cruise!

Kimberly - so sorry to hear about the job. I lost a job about 12 years ago. I was terrified being a single parent and two boys still at home. I got a decent severage package which kept be afloat for a while. I ended up working temp and snagged a job at the place I work now. Unfortunately, I had to temp for 4-1/2 years before I got a permament job (2 of that without any benefits - talk about keeping your fingers crossed). I really like my job now (well it's got it's good and bad days but I love the people) but everytime there's talk of a cut back I always flash back. Having said that, I have found that I truly believe that saying that when a door closes, a window opens (or something like that!). I had worked at the job for 13 years and suddenly poof! But, I ended up in a better place and god willing, will be there until I can no longer work.

Just knowing you from our time on the DD thread and the cruise, I expect that you will end up in a better place. You are definitely a survivor!!

Yipee! Lorraine is here!!!! The sea was so calm on that trip wasn't it???

I am SO SO SO excited you are coming, Lorraine!!!!!!

Oh, and HELLO, Giles! It's nice to "see" you here, too!

Hey Lorraine, did I ask you to send my friend "Joe" greetings from England yet? He's a friend of mine that started this cool little website. He gets so excited when he gets notes from other countries. So cute! Address is in my siggy. tell him I sent ya, if you write something!

A quick fly by to subscribe and say Hi!!

It is iffy that we'll be able to go on this cruise as we are starting a major remodel on our home. In fact, we have to move out while the work is being done - at least 8 months. But - we won't cancel until the last minute - we still hope there will be a few dollars left after the work is completed.
I had such FUN on the 2007 WB TA - and DH loved the EB Panama Canal cruise so much he is determined to go on this one. Fingers crossed - maybe I should buy the occassiona lottery ticket!!

Been too busy to keep up w/this thread but I do pop in now and then.

It is iffy that we'll be able to go on this cruise as we are starting a major remodel on our home. In fact, we have to move out while the work is being done - at least 8 months. But - we won't cancel until the last minute - we still hope there will be a few dollars left after the work is completed.
I had such FUN on the 2007 WB TA - and DH loved the EB Panama Canal cruise so much he is determined to go on this one. Fingers crossed - maybe I should buy the occassiona lottery ticket!!

Hi Chris :wave2: - goodluck with the remodel , maybe you can re negotiate some of the prices enough to leave money for the cruise :lmao::lmao: . Please tell Sao Fang I mean Paul we said Hello as well .... Dont forget about the March meet at Disneyland ... Hope all is well...

pirate:

Hi,

My husband, son and I are booked on a med cruise for 7/8. I toyed with the idea of the TA, but after looking at the headline costs on the DU website dismissed it as being far too expensive for a second holiday!

However, after meeting up with DizzneyDAnn whilst she was passing through Heathrow a couple of weeks ago i thought i would check out the costs just in case! I contacted DU and was astounded that the cost of the two week TA was over 50% cheaper than the 11 night med cruise! What could I do, it seemed such a good offer, it would be ridiculous to turn it down! We were initially quoted on a Cat 6 but we could not chose the stateroom, but for an extra $400 we upgraded to a cat 4 which we could chose. So we are booked, just four weeks between the two cruises! I did toy with canceling the med cruise, it does now seem amazingly over priced, but as our son is not coming on the TA felt it was a bit mean to tell him we are not going. I intend to keep an eye on the costs of the med cruise in case they come down with the lack of interest.

So there we go, we are booked and i am soooo looking forward to all those sea days and spending time with DizzneyDAnn and her family.

We did the last WB TA and the weather was amazing, the Atlantic was like a mill pond without a trace of a wave for several days in a row - here's hoping to a repeat.

Lorraine
Welcome!

I've been tracking the prices on a spreadsheet at least once a month, and have found that they are back to exactly what they were before the price drop in late April/early May. Glad I upgraded a few weeks ago!

Along those lines (well...sorta), I became unemployed today. They eliminated my position. So let's hope in the next few months I find a new job so I can still take this amazing cruise!

Welcome, Lorraine! You join many others here who were on the WB TA in 2007, so you will no doubt see some familiar cruising friends! Congrats!

I am sending pixie dust your way - I too - am of the belief that things happen for a reason and that if you have a good positive attitude things will work out. Sometimes not without some pain and anguish - but let's hope that isn't the case for you and you find something close to home, more money and something you really love!:wizard::woohoo:

I'm excited for our cruise, but I'm a bit worried about rough seas on the trip.

I'm back after a long weekend in Hawaii. Had a blast and really didn't want to return. Especially knowing my parents are still there. For those of you who are Facebook friends, I have a few pictures up. More will be coming but I just haven't had time to download and edit the underwater pics.

I'm hobbling around a bit. I sliced my foot on some coral. I wasn't trying to stand on it, but I got too close to some rocks and then a wave slammed me into it when I was trying to get away.

Had to search for the thread for a bit. Should have just bookmarked it when Todd created it a while back. Live and learn I guess.

Hang in there Kimberly. I was there last year. My job was 'eliminated' last April, 4 months prior to the Panama Canal cruise. I went anyway because fortunately I got a decent severance. I found my current position in December. I'm still on contract but hopefully will become permanent soon.

Hi,

However, after meeting up with DizzneyDAnn whilst she was passing through Heathrow a couple of weeks ago i thought i would check out the costs just in case! I contacted DU and was astounded that the cost of the two week TA was over 50% cheaper than the 11 night med cruise! What could I do, it seemed such a good offer, it would be ridiculous to turn it down! We were initially quoted on a Cat 6 but we could not chose the stateroom, but for an extra $400 we upgraded to a cat 4 which we could chose. So we are booked, just four weeks between the two cruises! I did toy with canceling the med cruise, it does now seem amazingly over priced, but as our son is not coming on the TA felt it was a bit mean to tell him we are not going. I intend to keep an eye on the costs of the med cruise in case they come down with the lack of interest.

So there we go, we are booked and i am soooo looking forward to all those sea days and spending time with DizzneyDAnn and her family.

We did the last WB TA and the weather was amazing, the Atlantic was like a mill pond without a trace of a wave for several days in a row - here's hoping to a repeat.

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine. Not sure whether we met on the last TA or not but good to see you joining us. The Brit contingency is growing lol

Hi Guys

Cant believe it has been so long, Ive been away SO much,been a bit diff to get on comp at home and shared computers are a hassle.
I cant begin to catch up but I hope you are all well, I am away to Vegas and Ca this/next month for 3 weeks:cool2:, then I will book next years flights, it might seem a bit more closer then so will try to keep up.

Oh have a great trip!

I've been tracking the prices on a spreadsheet at least once a month, and have found that they are back to exactly what they were before the price drop in late April/early May. Glad I upgraded a few weeks ago!

Welcome, Lorraine! You join many others here who were on the WB TA in 2007, so you will no doubt see some familiar cruising friends! Congrats!

Sorry about the job! Looks like I might be moving jobs but only within the office so should be OK.

Oh and your attitude about it is fantastic so stay positive. Everything happens for a reason!

Lol Im hoping for the lottery win too - or just going on credit cards

I'm excited for our cruise, but I'm a bit worried about rough seas on the trip.

Don't worry too much. The waves were bad for a few days on the EB but only a few days. The WB was beautifully calm but they were unseasonable (meant to be the other way around according to Cruise Director Rachel)

I'm back after a long weekend in Hawaii. Had a blast and really didn't want to return. Especially knowing my parents are still there. For those of you who are Facebook friends, I have a few pictures up. More will be coming but I just haven't had time to download and edit the underwater pics.

I'm hobbling around a bit. I sliced my foot on some coral. I wasn't trying to stand on it, but I got too close to some rocks and then a wave slammed me into it when I was trying to get away.

Had to search for the thread for a bit. Should have just bookmarked it when Todd created it a while back. Live and learn I guess.

Hang in there Kimberly. I was there last year. My job was 'eliminated' last April, 4 months prior to the Panama Canal cruise. I went anyway because fortunately I got a decent severance. I found my current position in December. I'm still on contract but hopefully will become permanent soon.

Glad you enjoyed Hawai.

Glad to hear your back , sorry to hear about your foot ... Hopefully everything else is getting better ...

pirate:

We are back from our cruise and had a great time. Coming back to work has been hell though. I have been so busy. I did interim appraisals for part of my team today and will do most of the rest tomorrow. On Sunday, when I will finally have a day off, I will download all the photos from the cruise and start my trip report.

Corinna

AAAAAAAAhhhhhhh - Here you are all hiding - I have been wondering why I had recieved no notifications on our cruise thread - thought I'd check it out and found you had all relocated! Found you now so will have to catch up! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I hope your foot feels better soon! That must have been painful!

Took alittle searching... but I found all of you!

It's been a bit tough the past few weeks, a few bouts with Fibro (what a pain :lmao:). I have been reading some and trying to catch up.

Everyone... stay well !
Welcome newbies
And Buckeye Gal ... you'll find that great job you weren't expecting! Prayer and pixie dust coming your way!

Ann :cool2:

gosh I go away for a few days and you all disappeared to a new thread.;)
I havnt had time to go back and read it all but I will soon.

Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend.
We have been hit by several nasty thunder and lightning storms that past 3 days. Many trees down and lots of people without power.

I will be dropping by now and then, but most of my spare time is still caring for my moms place and visiting with her on days when I can.

Can't wait for this cruise:woohoo::woohoo:

Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter