Sept 4-8 2005 Wonder S.S. Member Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me wonder if and when you get a MS CM on the phone can you tell them your three choices and see what they return with? Or do you give them just your first, they return and say nope, you give the second, etc...

How did this work before??

Scott - last time we called for the Member Cruise, it took almost 2 hrs to get thru but we got the category that we wanted - they came back with a stateroom number and we had a DCL cruise book right there so we could check where the room was. We got our first choice!

Does anyojne know if cruise insurance is included as part of the points or is that seperate?

Of the cruises we have done on points, insurnace is always seperate. I would guess that is how it would be for this one.

Actually it would be nice if it were , I would also like tips included, less to deal with.

Back to exercising my redailing skills.

Man I wish 10/23 were sooner, so we would know.

Do you think the first dining will fill up first, or is what people want pretty evenly divided?

Bobbi:D

Early seating will probably fill up. Last time, early was full, and late was about half full.

Just about 25.5 hours until we hit the phones - good luck everyone! Hope everyone here gets in and gets their 1st choice!

Hi all! Just checking in. Mary (wdwlvr) was nice enough to direct me over here. As this is our first attempt at cruising, to say it's been overwhelming and a lot intimidating would be an understatement.

We are a family of 4 -- two adults, DS10 & DS4 (who will be 5). I think we have narrowed our first choice down to be a category 5 and if it doesn't work out, we'll work our way either up or down from there (4 or 6). I'm amazed at the number of people planning to request specific rooms/locations. It was tough enough on us to choose a category. LOL!

However, if none of our choices work out, I think we'll survive with any room available.

We were at Member Homecoming and had so much fun. I remember reading all about the 1st members cruise. It sounds like this will be just as fun.

Happy Dialing!!

Cindy

Hi Cindy!

Welcome to this thread! I hope after tomorrow we can all be here "officially"!

I am not going to be picky on the cabin, I just hope we can get any room in Cat. 4. We are a family of 5, I really don't want to use adult points on the kids to get two cabins. PLUS I want a VERANDAH! LOL

I will try to get early seating, but won't mind the late seating if w have to settle for that. My kids never wanted to eat with us anyway, on the cruise in April. They wanted to stay in the Kids Club. We may let them stay there and eat there also, if we get the late seating.:wave2:

Good news! I just got off the phone with MS, (I wanted to ask some benign questions before the craziness tomorrow) I mentioned how harrowing tomorrow may be trying to get through, and he said "well, we only have 800 rooms to fill" I mentioned how the people here were saying they tried to get through for over 2 hours+ last time and he said that they are better staffed this time! Maybe it won't be as bad as we're expecting!

edited to add, I am getting a job delivering pizza's to help pay for the cash portion of the cruise! Now that is determination! LOL

Originally posted by Disney1fan2002
I am getting a job delivering pizza's to help pay for the cash portion of the cruise! Now that is determination! LOL

Somedays, I'd prefer to deliver pizzas over what I do to support our Disney habit. ;) I run a home daycare. In addition to my own DS10 & DS4, I have 6 other kids I care for - a 4 month old, 9 month old, 2-2 year olds, 3 year old and a 4 year old. Somedays, I'd prefer the smell of pizza in my car over the other scents. :earseek: Seriously, it's not bad but it more than covers the cost of DVC for us. :teeth: I can't imagine our lives without DVC. Our children are so spoiled by their vacation homes that they complain when we have to stay in a regular hotel -- even for a night. Hey, where's that big bathtub and why can't I have my own bedroom are very common phrases even at their young ages.

Marie, how old are your children?

T minuus 1hr 45 min!!!!
Cracking those dialing fingers?

Marie, how old are your children?

My kids are 8 (DS) 6(DD) and 4(DS), they all have b-days before the cruise so they will be 9,7, 5 when we cruise.

I am so excited! I can put the cash portion on my Disney Visa, and they are offering double points! So 2% on $816. It is only $16 but heck, that is better than nothing, right?

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!:cheer2:

Originally posted by cgcw
Hi all! Just checking in. Mary (wdwlvr) was nice enough to direct me over here. As this is our first attempt at cruising, to say it's been overwhelming and a lot intimidating would be an understatement.

We are a family of 4 -- two adults, DS10 & DS4 (who will be 5). I think we have narrowed our first choice down to be a category 5 and if it doesn't work out, we'll work our way either up or down from there (4 or 6). I'm amazed at the number of people planning to request specific rooms/locations. It was tough enough on us to choose a category. LOL!

However, if none of our choices work out, I think we'll survive with any room available.

We were at Member Homecoming and had so much fun. I remember reading all about the 1st members cruise. It sounds like this will be just as fun.

Happy Dialing!!

Cindy

Cindy - if you are reading this before calling - make a cat 6 your first choice. It is identical to the cat 5 except it is down one deck. Save those few precious points. We've been in both a 5 and a 6 and there is no difference all all!

Also for anyone looking at deck plans on 5,6, or 7 - anything at the aft of the ship after the Navigator Verandahs will have a solid blancony - not plexiglass. Just as nice but you can't just sit and see directly out. Thought you should know.

Originally posted by WDWLVR
Cindy - if you are reading this before calling - make a cat 6 your first choice. It is identical to the cat 5 except it is down one deck. Save those few precious points. We've been in both a 5 and a 6 and there is no difference all all!

Thanks, Mary. I will change our category request order. I did not realize that.

As for reading this before calling, what else would I be doing?? I just wanted to check in and see if there might be something here I needed to know. And look, it's already paid off. ;)

Originally posted by Disney1fan2002
My kids are 8 (DS) 6(DD) and 4(DS), they all have b-days before the cruise so they will be 9,7, 5 when we cruise.

Marie, hopefully our boys will meet up. It would be wonderful for them to have friends on the cruise. :D

Cindy - yep I'm up reading too. Glad I could help. Our first cruise was in a 5, our second in a 6 - no difference. Our plan is for a 7, then a 6, then a 5.

7's won't work for you because they only sleep 3.

A little over an hour to go! Good luck everyone!

Originally posted by WDWLVR
7's won't work for you because they only sleep 3.

I did read this and also confirmed it with a call to the cruise line. If my DH had his way, he'd go for a category 1 :eek: so he wasn't much help in the way of deciding. In fact, I'm a bit concerned as to what he might do if he happens to be the one who gets through. I just hope he doesn't try for the category 3 -- that's double the cost of the others. :earseek:

On the last Member Cruise they didn't book the cat 1's (there are two of them). Instead as one of the prizes you could win at the member update meeting was a cocktail party held in the suites. I think you also got wine glasses for visiting. We weren't lucky enough to win but a number of other DIS'ers did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter