September busy for 50th?

agoofylover

Mouseketeer
Ok, now that we are getting closer to September. We go from the 10th-14th with a three day hopper. Do you think it's going to be summer like busy because of the end of the 50th?? Last time I went during this time of year it was great!! During the week we practically walked on to all the rides. I know that the marathon is the following weekend....the 17th. Do you think all of those people will be there during the week before the race, or will wait until after the race to do DLR? I'm just wondering how well we will do on rides and shows in three (well, really 2&1/2)days. :Pinkbounc
Thanks,
agoofylover

I was wondering the same thing. We are going the 9th thru the 15th. I am so excited it is just around the corner. This will be my first time with my 2 1/2 year old and almost 5 year old. We can hardly wait!

There are a couple of reasons that this September will be above average. First it will be the end of the 50th Celebration. Though not much is going to cease to be available (just the 50th signs from what I've heard), many people are still going just to add that to their list of things I did. Also the Snow White show will be closing (maybe the Aladdin show also, but that's only a rumor), and there's a chance the Bengal Bar-B-Que is going away also and some Disneyphiles will want one last show/meal as a memory. Finally, alot of the low-end APs are blocked out for much of the summer and this will there first chance to see POTC.

One additional item is the amount of rides down for refurb is extensive, so the parks will seem more crowded.

Here's the official list for September 2006:
Matterhorn Bobsleds Aug 28-Nov 20
Haunted Mansion Sep 5-28
Golden Horsehoe Sep 5-Oct 6
Snow White closing Sep 4
Disneyland Railroad Sep 18-22
Francis' Ladybug Boogie until early 2007
Aladdin Show Sep 11-Oct 1

we are headed for a quick weekend trip on Sept 8-10...so I did some checking. Looks like SoCal annual passes are still blocked for the Saturdays in Sept but the Deluxe Annual passes have Saturdays open in Sept...so I'm sure it will be busy. Let's hope for all our sakes - it isn't that bad.

Well, we have to Southern Cal city pass...and will continue our trip in San Diego from the 14th on...but I was thinking that by getting there on a Sunday (later park hours and only chance for fireworks and fantasmic)and the going two/three other days in the week might not be as bad. Shouldn't the local kids be in school?...so maybe that would cut down on attendence? The only big rides down for us that go during this time are the hauted mansion and matterhorn...not good!! However, I don't think that would be enough to make the park seem that extra busy. Or would it?

P.S. I'm excited too you fellow Oregonian !! I have a just turned 3 and 5 yr. old that will be going for their very first time!!

agoofylover

agoofylover - just checked the calendar again for Sept 10th and I don't believe they will be having fireworks that Sunday. Only shows Fantasmic. Sorry - we're in the same situation!

PapaLR said:
agoofylover - just checked the calendar again for Sept 10th and I don't believe they will be having fireworks that Sunday. Only shows Fantasmic. Sorry - we're in the same situation!

PapaLR ,
Yeh, I didn't realize that. Wow, first two of my fav's are closed HM & Matterhorn, now no fireworks on a Sunday. Why is it, that 5 years ago, I came at almost this exact time (actually one week later) and all this was not the case. We saw fireworks and the mansion wasn't closed for the Halloween thing. You would think that they would keep up the "summer" type things until the 50th celebration was officially over....otherwise why not just end the celebration earlier? Sorry to Gripe...but when your one who doesn't get the opportunity to afford to go to often...well, you get the idea.
agoofylover :stir: :p

agoofylover said:
You would think that they would keep up the "summer" type things until the 50th celebration was officially over....otherwise why not just end the celebration earlier?
I was also surprised by this! Why not go another month on a lot of these things? I suppose for the rides and stuff, they've perhaps put off a lot of maintenance already to keep it going during the 50th. And a lot of the CMs go back to college, so might be a staffing issue as well.

I was disappointed that we'd miss the ELP, I was so looking forward to that, and I think my kids would love it! And no Aladdin; DS5 LOVES that movie, and with all the great reviews of it, I knew he would love the show as well. Ah, well. At least they'll still have the Block Party Bash (he also loves the Pixar movies), and DH is thrilled to go on POTC!

Hi Alex2Kmommy,

1st, what is the ELP? 2nd, yes...my boys both love Pixar movies...one :love:Buzz and the other :love: Woody! DS5 just had a (generic)Pirate Birthday party(not old enough to see the Disney movie) and DS3 just had a "Cars" birthday party. Both boys l :love: :love: the "Cars" movie....I hope they still have that pre parade when we go!! DS5 asks if the "real" Lightning McQueen will be at Disneyland. lol :rotfl: My DH is excited to finally do the TMRR!! Everytime when he went as a kid and this last time we went 5 years ago...it was down. We are all sad about the HM and Matterhorn!! Both of my boys would have been so excited, I know it.

agoofylover

ELP - electric light parade. According to the calendar, that ends on Labor day weekend (not Monday) and unforuately the cars pre-parade ends the last of August. Hopefully they'll extend that into Sept as my 5 year old DGS loved the movie!

Agoofylover, WOW! If it weren't for our sons' ages, I might think I wrote that myself! DS5 hasn't seen the Cars movie yet, but we might do that soon. DS5 will be having a (generic) pirate theme for his birthday in August, I'm just scoping out the partyware and favors right now. Should be fun!

DH is the only one who has been to Disney before, and his last trip there was 20 or so years ago. We are ALL pretty excited to see everything! :banana:

Ok PapaLR,

I must admit that I'm getting more and more bummed out!! I keep trying to look at the bright side, but all the things I know my boys would love are slowly disappearing. I just got done telling DS5 last night that there might be a "Cars" pre-parade...whoops! :crazy: So, what else should I know??? At this point maybe those who haven't booked...might think twice about coming when we go?? :dance3: lol. Maybe it won't be very busy afterall :smokin: :rotfl:
Alex2Kmommy...Sorry for you too!!

agoofylover

I know, I know, I feel like the barer of bad news! Sorry, but it sounds like we're all in the same situation. On the plus side, the weather should be nice and comfortable, crowds down (which means more times on the autoipa cars), and we're at DL! Doesn't get any better than that!

PapaLR said:
I know, I know, I feel like the barer of bad news! Sorry, but it sounds like we're all in the same situation. On the plus side, the weather should be nice and comfortable, crowds down (which means more times on the autoipa cars), and we're at DL! Doesn't get any better than that!

True!! But, if you know more..just let me know. Thank goodness I found this site or I would have probably just showed up and been in utter disappointment!! Atleast now I can prepare. :rotfl:

There's still LOTS to look forward to! I know many people gripe about DCA, but actually a lot our kids would like to see at DCA! Turtle Talk with Crush, the Block Party Parade, Disney Animation, the Redwood Creek trail, Monsters Inc, Playhouse Disney and the puddle park. (And of course the ELP and Aladdin that we'll just miss.) Oh, and the Mr. Potato Head parts at Imagine Ears Toys, of course! DL will have all of Fantasyland, the Buzz Lightyear ride, the Parade of Dreams, the fireworks (if we keep them out that late), Autopia, Tom Sawyer Island, Toon Town, the Jungle Cruise, the Columbia, the Riverboat, the railroad! And we (the parents) really want to see Innoventions and POTC!

So while I'm a little disappointed that a couple of our 'highlights' will not be available, I'm still SO JAZZED TO GO!!! :sunny:

Yes, Alex2Kmommy...I'm being a stinker. I know we will have a blast...I just couldn't help but vent a little. I don't think I'll get over the HM, but other than that, I know it will be great for all. We are doing a Character brunch @goofy's and DH and I might shoot for Fantasmic buffet, so yes there are plenty of other things to be excited about. Heck, DS's haven't even been on an airplane before! Forgive me for pouting!!

Now that's the attitude! Look at all the things that Alex2Kmommy mentioned that your DS's have to look forward to. The grandparents will be with you, the Fantasmia buffet for you and your DH, plus a character meal. You'll have a great time, besides HM might be alittle scarey for your DS's. Just something to look forward to next time!

PapaLR said:
Now that's the attitude! Look at all the things that Alex2Kmommy mentioned that your DS's have to look forward to. The grandparents will be with you, the Fantasmia buffet for you and your DH, plus a character meal. You'll have a great time, besides HM might be alittle scarey for your DS's. Just something to look forward to next time!

PapaLR...you're so right. I just had those extra hight expectations for our first family trip to DL and infact anywhere (besides locally). Also my Dad and I haven't gotten to go on a "family" vacation together since I was around 12. That's pretty exciting to have him along too!! (It's been 19 years). I see him all the time...we just never organized a trip once my parents divorced...and then I got older, married and had kids. Anyhow, No matter what, my goal is to see the twinkle in my DS' eyes and my Dad and stepmom, as well as DH and I as we watch them. DL through a child's eyes...what magic. That's all still possible. Wow, I got kinda of deep there. lol :rotfl:

I know what you mean, I have pretty high expectations of our trip, too. It's my first trip ever, DH hasn't been for 20+ years, and of course the first trip for our two young boys. I can't wait to see it through their eyes!

I'm going to be crushed if DSnearly6 isn't as enthusiastic as I think he'll be. Or worse, if DS2 wants to spend the entire time in the hotel room! (That's what his brother did at age 2 in Maui. He didn't like the beach because the ocean waves were "too loud!")

I purposefully planned a longer stay in hopes that, even with mid-day breaks for nap and pool, and probably dragging around 2 hot, tired little boys, we'll still be able to see a lot, and do a few quieter, out of the way type things. If we'd gone in April as we originally had planned, DH wouldn't have been able to see POTC, so he's pretty happy now. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter