~~~~ Sew, help me... A bittersweet "Epic Girls Trip"... January 2018! ~~~~ UPDATE 1/7!!~~

Good morning D!

I haven't read the replies so maybe someone else has already posted this, but just in case . . . I work on a pretty big college campus and I see LOTS and I mean LOTS of different clothing styles, both on students and faculty/staff, and if I were you I would wear the lime green shorts with either black tights or leggings underneath if the weather was chilly. This would not be out of the realm of possibility for seeing on campus. :goodvibes I have been to WDW in late January and comfortably wore shorts with a long sleeve t-shirt.

There are so many people out there who are talented at this sort of thing...I am not one!
Me either!!! Thank goodness they post ideas for us to get inspiration from, including our own D~!

I tried Aldi's again...... It went better but a lot of the shelves/coolers were empty on a Sunday morning? Are they like other retailers where there is a better day to hit them for the best selection? I did see some produce that I wasn't in need of then, but I will grab on my Friday run for veggie and tray I am taking to a party on Sat. I couldn't make the $40 on my coupon and I overpaid for apples by a $1.50 vs Wegmans. And Wegmans has now matched the blueberry price to everyone else. I will keep trying it just because it is so much easier to get in and out of then Walmart for items that Wegmans can be pricier on.

I love the shorts for your goofy outfit! hope you get a warm day for them.

You did better then I did with your "supercash" I was $80 odd dollars yesterday. But I did get a cute dress for DD that I think she will approve of for a Christmas/holiday party/winter mass dress. I also snagged some christmas presents and a new work dress for myself. I shop old navy/gap online because they have extended sizes our store never has. It also makes it easier to watch the prices/discounts and find the best deals.

How great that you already have bought some Christmas presents. It's always nice to have some gifts bought before Christmas madness starts in the stores so you don't have to find all the gifts you need at the same time :)

Your Black Friday shopping sounds like fun and crazy. I can't wait to hear all about it.

It's only 2 months until Christmas today (at least in Scandinavia, where we start our Christmas celebration on the 24th December with a Christmas dinner and opening our presents in the evening). Those two months will go fast. I haven't figured out what I want for Christmas from my family yet. But I know I have to figure it out soon because everyone will start asking for my wish list.

I need a new computer. The one I have, have been telling me for months that it's time to get a new one by starting to suddenly freeze or just go really slow at times. I have been looking for a new computer for a while, but since the computer I have hasn't died yet I have decided to wait to see if any computers that I want gets on sale. Now I have decided to see what comes on the bad Black Friday sale. I say bad because the Black Friday sales are nothing like what you have in the US. Here Black Friday is lake any other sale campaign they have from time to time. So a new computer will be this years Christmas gift to myself from myself.

How great that you finished your bag. I can't wait to see it :)

Sounds like you are doing great with your exercise and eating. Keep up the good work :hugs:

How great that you are able to meet Jan and Machteld's while there in the US.

Your plans for your MK day sounds great.

In Norway everything is about Halloween now. Not everyone is celebrating Halloween and I'm one of them. The stores has half price on candy and chocolate and many people are debating it on facebook saying it's so bad and they shouldn't have sweets on sale. I think it's great that they have sale on the candy and chocolate for Halloween because then families that doesn't have that much money may have the opportunity to join trick or treat which they never would have done if they had to pay full price for the sweets and candy.

I have celebrated Halloween once in my lifetime and that was in 1985 when my family lived in Madison, Wisconsin for a year. I can't say I remember it, but I have seen pictures from when my sister and I went trick or treat to our neighbors. I was a My Little Pony and my sister was Minnie Mouse

Well, I hate to rain on your parade, but it's better to know now so you can revise your plans (get out the tissues):(
Splash Mountain will be closed for your entire trip. It's closed for my trip this fall too. Not sure what's going on, :confused3 but Kenny the Pirate announced and others verified the closing--here's the dates from KTP:
  • Splash Mountain – August 28 through November 16 and January, 8 through February 8, 2018
The fall closing was a known refurb. The Jan-Feb closing showed up a couple of weeks ago. No one seems to know why. That's almost 4 months total for the refurb. My only thought is they can't get everything finished, but wanted to be open for december crowds.

The pork nachos at the Poly are my favorite! I just had them last weekend and I enjoyed every bite.

I love the MK early in the morning. Sadly, on our last trip we didn’t make it to rope drop and even with arriving about 15 minutes later, Main Street was packed. I didn’t get to enjoy it like I like to.

I was a few days behind but enjoyed catching up! Boy, all the car drama?!! Glad the girls had the money to fund all the necessary repairs and get back on the road...again :)

Loving your outfits and accessories, as always!! I really need to start taking some pictures and update my PTR for my trip. I've got a nice stack of things to pack already, so this should be pretty easy!!

Your MK pics just made my morning!! I have to agree...there is just nothing quite like the freshly washed streets of MK as the sun is coming up. Sigh. Pure happiness!

I love the outfit choices. I just got back from a week at CBR and I had never stayed there, but couldn't pass up the gift card. We had a group of 10. My son spent a few nights over at the SOG so I had the opportunity to check it out...let's just say, my son loved it there and that will be our new resort...next time...haha! We had such a great time... Magic kingdom is best first thing in the morning. We stayed for Rivers of light at Animal kingdom... Daughter and I had never seen it before. It was beautiful. And calm.

Good for Allison for handling her car problems. I'm sure it was hard for you to just let her and Gus take care it, but she has to learn sometime and obviously did really well. I worked with a young woman who was 26 whose father still did everything for her. She needed a new battery and went to her Dad to install it. A short while later she had a flat at work and called her dad. He told her the manual was in the car and she could do it herself. Of course a guy at worked helped her but at least she knew how now. That was one of the first things we showed our kids.

Sorry to see Splash will be closed when you're there. We've gone many years with it closed in Jan. and finally got to ride it and love it. I was so surprised that my husband really liked it too as there aren't that many rides he likes anymore. We finally got to ride Kali 2 years ago and I really liked it but we did get soaked. I sent my daughter a picture and the grandkids couldn't stop laughing. It was a fall trip so at least it was warm.

I looked at the dogs at the resorts and I can't imagine staying near a room with a dog. When I look at houses to rent I always check for no dogs. One year we were next to a house with a little dog. The woman would come out and clean after the dog but just throw it out in the grass. The houses all have screened in pool areas and that's where it would go. I kept thinking how gross that would be to walk barefoot there after her dog. Yuck!

Looking forward to seeing your new bag and outfit.

Trying to catch up on quotes this morning... Otherwise it could be days before I get back here. Sigh. I"ve been so busy. ::yes::

I love starting a trip with magic kingdom. We bought annual passes. I’m excited to have photopass included.
I just realized that my trip is 9 full days. We land around 9:30 in the morning. Trying the fantastic dessert part that night.
Our flight home is at 10 pm. So that is almost a full day at a park.

Did you see that some good neighbor hotels are going to get the 60 day for fast passes. Hopefully SOG will be on the list and it will start in time for you to take advantage of it.

I do too! Though I can't guarantee that we are starting with MK this time... Due to an incident that happened several years ago on a trip, I post my park days in random order. :thumbsup2

I definitely miss my AP for that reason... I still log in on MDE and my trip pictures from V's grad trip last year are still there - until mid-Nov anyways, then they will be gone. With the AP - you technically get 1 year + 30 days for your pictures, but it gets really crazy editing the newest ones after several trips... As you have to scroll for.ev.er.

That is awesome too - glad your flights work out so nicely... Our travel days suck this trip... We leave late in the day and arrive in Orlando well after bed time... Then we leave to come home at the crack O' dawn - like, before the crack of dawn actually. ::yes:: Oh well - they were such cheap flights, I can't complain. ::yes::

I did... I hope that SoG is included in that. I plan to purchase park tickets this coming week, just in case - I want to be prepared at my 60 day window just in case that option is offered to us... I am not sure how it will work out - there is a lot of infrastructure coordination that would have to happen with the DoD - where some of the good neighbor hotels are already part of the Disney web infrastructure - so that leads me to believe that SoG will be left out this time - for the time being anyways. I really can't complain - there are a LOT of perks that we do get which many don't. ::yes::

It is amazing how much Allison has grown this year into an amazing adult. Good job mom and dad. We had the Tusker House (breakfast) reservation with the RoL package. We got our tickets. We left the park for our afternoon rest and none of the kids wanted to go back. Jacob and Marissa went to a different park and Chelsea just wanted to stay at the resort and swim. Which meant, I didn't get to see RoL or Pandora at night. I am a little bit sad about that, but I was out-voted. I even gave the 4 tickets to Jacob and Marissa to try to give away, but they couldn't find anyone that wanted them.

I agree!!! She sure has grown up! And to think... You all have watched her grow up here on The Dis, for years now... I wrote my first PTR when she was 12, I think? 2011... Yah, 12 or just turned 13...

This is good to know... I am 90% sure we are going to ditch this ADR... I just cannot see paying for an extra lunch - and we are going at a not-so-busy time of the year, we shouldn't have much of a problem getting seating... Then we aren't locked into a particular night either. ::yes::

What a bummer that you didn't get to see it, and no one wanted your tickets. :scratchin

Good morning D!

I haven't read the replies so maybe someone else has already posted this, but just in case . . . I work on a pretty big college campus and I see LOTS and I mean LOTS of different clothing styles, both on students and faculty/staff, and if I were you I would wear the lime green shorts with either black tights or leggings underneath if the weather was chilly. This would not be out of the realm of possibility for seeing on campus. :goodvibes I have been to WDW in late January and comfortably wore shorts with a long sleeve t-shirt.

Hmmmm.... I may have to try that. I will have leggings with me, and shorts. If it's cold one day - I will put them on... In the end though, the girls have final veto on my outfits choices. :lmao: They have definitely saved me from a few disasters. LOL Personally - I think it would be cute! ::yes:: The more I think about it - I like it... The green shorts with black leggings under and my black Vans... ::yes:: Thanks for the idea! :lovestruc

Me either!!! Thank goodness they post ideas for us to get inspiration from, including our own D~!

I tried Aldi's again...... It went better but a lot of the shelves/coolers were empty on a Sunday morning? Are they like other retailers where there is a better day to hit them for the best selection? I did see some produce that I wasn't in need of then, but I will grab on my Friday run for veggie and tray I am taking to a party on Sat. I couldn't make the $40 on my coupon and I overpaid for apples by a $1.50 vs Wegmans. And Wegmans has now matched the blueberry price to everyone else. I will keep trying it just because it is so much easier to get in and out of then Walmart for items that Wegmans can be pricier on.

I love the shorts for your goofy outfit! hope you get a warm day for them.

You did better then I did with your "supercash" I was $80 odd dollars yesterday. But I did get a cute dress for DD that I think she will approve of for a Christmas/holiday party/winter mass dress. I also snagged some christmas presents and a new work dress for myself. I shop old navy/gap online because they have extended sizes our store never has. It also makes it easier to watch the prices/discounts and find the best deals.

Hah!

I think each Aldis stocks on different days, so you may want to ask someone at your particular store? :scratchin I do know that each store only runs on like an insane amount of employees at one time - like 4 or something like that? I do know that Aldis workers are worked HARD and expected to do everything around the store. ::yes::

Glad you had a little better luck - hopefully you find fuller shelves the next time you go. ::yes::

Thank you - me too! Otherwise, I am going to try Mrs. Bradbury's idea, and put leggings under them. ::yes:: I've worked hard - I'd sure like to wear those shorts! :)

Yes - I am working on Christmas shopping too!!! I have a few things for everyone so far! I just need to figure out Josh yet... I have a few good ideas. ::yes::

How great that you already have bought some Christmas presents. It's always nice to have some gifts bought before Christmas madness starts in the stores so you don't have to find all the gifts you need at the same time

Your Black Friday shopping sounds like fun and crazy. I can't wait to hear all about it.

It's only 2 months until Christmas today (at least in Scandinavia, where we start our Christmas celebration on the 24th December with a Christmas dinner and opening our presents in the evening). Those two months will go fast. I haven't figured out what I want for Christmas from my family yet. But I know I have to figure it out soon because everyone will start asking for my wish list.

I need a new computer. The one I have, have been telling me for months that it's time to get a new one by starting to suddenly freeze or just go really slow at times. I have been looking for a new computer for a while, but since the computer I have hasn't died yet I have decided to wait to see if any computers that I want gets on sale. Now I have decided to see what comes on the bad Black Friday sale. I say bad because the Black Friday sales are nothing like what you have in the US. Here Black Friday is lake any other sale campaign they have from time to time. So a new computer will be this years Christmas gift to myself from myself.

How great that you finished your bag. I can't wait to see it

Sounds like you are doing great with your exercise and eating. Keep up the good work

How great that you are able to meet Jan and Machteld's while there in the US.

Your plans for your MK day sounds great.

In Norway everything is about Halloween now. Not everyone is celebrating Halloween and I'm one of them. The stores has half price on candy and chocolate and many people are debating it on facebook saying it's so bad and they shouldn't have sweets on sale. I think it's great that they have sale on the candy and chocolate for Halloween because then families that doesn't have that much money may have the opportunity to join trick or treat which they never would have done if they had to pay full price for the sweets and candy.

I have celebrated Halloween once in my lifetime and that was in 1985 when my family lived in Madison, Wisconsin for a year. I can't say I remember it, but I have seen pictures from when my sister and I went trick or treat to our neighbors. I was a My Little Pony and my sister was Minnie Mouse

Yes - I am so excited about Christmas and shopping - I enjoy buying for others. Many stores are already starting their Christmas displays... By this time next week - all of the Halloween will be clearanced out and gone, and Christmas season will be in full swing. ::yes:: :woohoo:

I sure hope you are able to find a good deal on a new computer! :) it's no fun when they are acting up! ::yes::

I can't wait to share everything I've been working on. ::yes:: Hopefully this week, I'll at least be able to share some of my accessory items. The top/jacket that I want to go with the bag I just finished is on my Christmas list - so I may not get to post that outfit until after Christmas? :scratchin

Thank you - it's been a few weeks since I've weighed, and I am feeling pretty good. I am really hoping to hit my lowest weight this next time I weigh. ::yes::

We don't do much for Halloween - I buy 2 small bags of candy to give out - when they are gone, we are done. ::yes:: The girls used to dress up every year - but I hated spending $$ on costumes, it was such a waste of $$. I think I only purchased 2 or 3 costumes over their childhood and I expected them to wear them for a few years, OR become creative and use what they had to come up with something. I did do the one costume a few years ago for Allison and Gus - I do think that was the only costume I'd ever made. Had I been sewing when they were little - it may have been a different story and I may have made them costumes every year?

I hope you have a nice weekend Lillian! :)

Well, I hate to rain on your parade, but it's better to know now so you can revise your plans (get out the tissues):(
Splash Mountain will be closed for your entire trip. It's closed for my trip this fall too. Not sure what's going on, :confused3 but Kenny the Pirate announced and others verified the closing--here's the dates from KTP:
  • Splash Mountain – August 28 through November 16 and January, 8 through February 8, 2018
The fall closing was a known refurb. The Jan-Feb closing showed up a couple of weeks ago. No one seems to know why. That's almost 4 months total for the refurb. My only thought is they can't get everything finished, but wanted to be open for december crowds.

Ahhh... I did see this, and I've been watching it. I was hoping it was a fluke thing - since Kenny the Pirate was the first (and only for a long time) to post it on his page (and he is usually very accurate) - and for the longest time, it wasn't posted anywhere else, even on the Disney website... I did look earlier this week and it still wasn't on the Disney website - but I haven't looked in a few days. I've seen it posted on many other reputable sites though - so I am losing hope quickly. I just keep telling myself - the last time we did a January trip, we only rode it once because it was just too cold... Sigh. Such a bummer, but one less thing to worry about riding, I guess. ::yes::

I wonder what the heck they are refurbing that is taking 4 months - I hope they don't do something tragic to the ride. :scratchin

The pork nachos at the Poly are my favorite! I just had them last weekend and I enjoyed every bite.

I love the MK early in the morning. Sadly, on our last trip we didn’t make it to rope drop and even with arriving about 15 minutes later, Main Street was packed. I didn’t get to enjoy it like I like to.

I agree - they are my absolute favorite too! So much so, that I try to have them a couple times. I swear - I go to Disney just for the food - but the same thing happens every time... I go for the food, but by day 3 I am so sick of it... then I eat it anyways... by the end of the trip - I've gained an entire size between eating so much and just regular old bloat... LOL I am miserable. ::yes:: I'll try to be better this trip, but man, I do go for the food. ::yes::

It seems, in the last several years, there is no such thing as an "empty park" anymore. Disney keeps building resorts and says their resorts are full to capacity 365 day a year - which is the rumored reason why some of the on site perks are being offered to the "good neighbor" hotels... this is all grand and everything... but seriously - they need another park to disburse all these people... They can't continue to build resorts and not expect their parks to be overflowing... To the point I feel where the parks are almost chaos all the time - and exiting with the masses can be downright dangerous. Even though - they do have that part running quite seamlessly - it's amazing how quickly they can empty a park. ::yes::

I was a few days behind but enjoyed catching up! Boy, all the car drama?!! Glad the girls had the money to fund all the necessary repairs and get back on the road...again

Loving your outfits and accessories, as always!! I really need to start taking some pictures and update my PTR for my trip. I've got a nice stack of things to pack already, so this should be pretty easy!!

Your MK pics just made my morning!! I have to agree...there is just nothing quite like the freshly washed streets of MK as the sun is coming up. Sigh. Pure happiness!

I know - right? I am so tired of car drama! They are both doing great financially - so it's not too much of a problem at the moment.

Thank you - I have had an insane week!!! I've taken on an extra project (or 6) :lmao: - which is why I"ve been MIA here (and everywhere) - I've been totally consumed. But it's been a long time since I've had this much fun! :woohoo: I may (or may not) talk a little about it below. :scratchin

I love MK - I do, I do!!!! That and AK right in the morning... And since we are planning to skip FoP (unless I miraculously get FPs for it) - we'll escape the crowds there and hopefully walk on everything else. Zig while they Zag. ::yes::

I love the outfit choices. I just got back from a week at CBR and I had never stayed there, but couldn't pass up the gift card. We had a group of 10. My son spent a few nights over at the SOG so I had the opportunity to check it out...let's just say, my son loved it there and that will be our new resort...next time...haha! We had such a great time... Magic kingdom is best first thing in the morning. We stayed for Rivers of light at Animal kingdom... Daughter and I had never seen it before. It was beautiful. And calm.

Thank you!!! I love outfit planning! ::yes::

It sounds like you enjoyed CBR. :lovestruc I am so happy that you were able to check out SoG too... It's really a fabulous resort - and not many get to experience it. I really love it there - it's not Disney - yet it is. It's so hard to explain. They definitely put thought into it and even though it's not a Disney resort - it's still amazing, and you can't beat the location or the room size either. Did you get to see his room too?

Glad to hear that about RoL... I am hoping this early to bed, early to rise crew (or in V's case, early to bed, late to rise, nap in between :lmao: ) can stay awake long enough to see it... I don't think the "seeing it" part is the problem for us - it's the extra hour+ it takes to get back to our room after.... Though there is a direct bus to SoG from AK - so that might not be too bad? :scratchin As long as we can get on it before it stops running - I think they only go 30 min or an hour after park close... and if the show is after the park closes, we may have to rely on Disney transportation for this part? ::yes::

Good for Allison for handling her car problems. I'm sure it was hard for you to just let her and Gus take care it, but she has to learn sometime and obviously did really well. I worked with a young woman who was 26 whose father still did everything for her. She needed a new battery and went to her Dad to install it. A short while later she had a flat at work and called her dad. He told her the manual was in the car and she could do it herself. Of course a guy at worked helped her but at least she knew how now. That was one of the first things we showed our kids.

Sorry to see Splash will be closed when you're there. We've gone many years with it closed in Jan. and finally got to ride it and love it. I was so surprised that my husband really liked it too as there aren't that many rides he likes anymore. We finally got to ride Kali 2 years ago and I really liked it but we did get soaked. I sent my daughter a picture and the grandkids couldn't stop laughing. It was a fall trip so at least it was warm.

I looked at the dogs at the resorts and I can't imagine staying near a room with a dog. When I look at houses to rent I always check for no dogs. One year we were next to a house with a little dog. The woman would come out and clean after the dog but just throw it out in the grass. The houses all have screened in pool areas and that's where it would go. I kept thinking how gross that would be to walk barefoot there after her dog. Yuck!

Looking forward to seeing your new bag and outfit.

It was hard for me to sit back and wait all day... but I knew she could handle it, and I know that Gus knows cars - enough to know if the shop was messing with her... So, I felt like she was in good hands. And better that it happened in mid-Oct vs the bitterness of January. ::yes::

I like to think we've made our girls self-reliant... We'll find out for sure when they move out on their own... Who knows when that will be? :scratchin

Yah - I know Splash is usually closed in Jan for refurb - but since it was just closed for 3 months this fall, I figured we'd escaped that... Such a bummer that it's going down for another month. ::yes:: I sure hope they don't do anything to wreck it though. Like change the theme... or something Disney tragic like that. :( I just keep telling myself, Allison and I only rode it once during her January trip - it was too cold... So, maybe we won't want to ride it? :scratchin

Yuck - I agree!!! This is one reason I am increasingly happy to stay at SoG - I don't think the DoD will ever allow pets like this... For that matter - the entire resort is smoke-free too... I am in my glory there! :lovestruc

Thanks!!! I am looking forward to sharing it - hopefully this week... I am waiting on one more thing in the mail. ::yes::

******************************************************************************************************

I have been so busy this week, you all. I honestly didn't even know that yesterday was Friday. :eek:

I have been in my sewing room for 12+ hours a day. ::yes:: On top of normal work stuff... V and I have been planning and I have been creating... I am trying something new for myself, and it's taken so much time - more time than I ever imagined. :scratchin I am a perfectionist - remember? ::yes:: I have really been struggling with that this week, and believe me when I say - 2nd best just won't do. Ever. My sewing room looks like WW3 happened, and I don't foresee that changing anytime soon.

On top of normal work stuff - I've also taken on some extras... Plus our trip stuff... I honestly won't have a slow moment until we leave on our trip. :eek:

So, I hope to show you what I've been working on this coming week - believe me, this will be the first place I post about it... Just waiting for the last of my supplies to arrive. ::yes::

What else is new?

Nothing. LOL

My clothes are continuing to get bigger... To the point - I am afraid, I won't have anything to wear much longer. :eek: I really don't want to invest in another clothing size - as right now, I am wearing my initial "goal size"... So, I am not sure what to do? And I am afraid I"ll jinx it if I start buying smaller sizes too. LOL I want it, yet I don't want it. I just know, even though this is my original goal size - I am not comfortable here and I want to try to lose more - as long as I am on a roll. ::yes:: I guess, I can always go and steal V's clothes - since she is wearing my next size down. :lmao:

That's about all...

We have my brother staying this weekend... I have to leave in a couple hours to go get him... So lots of driving for me, lots of taking care of Dad and Jonathan, on top of life and fighting this HUGE urge to be in my sewing room creating more - which I need to try to avoid with my brother here... Not that I can't do that - but it's just kinda rude, as I tend to get distracted and before I know it, the whole day is gone. ::yes::

The girls are doing well. Allison has been working some crazy hours this week. She is bound and determined to pay cash for a newer car... After the Passat fiasco - she has decided that she would rather have a car that our mechanic can work on at all times and all circumstances (which would be NOT a VW)... After much looking and research, she has decided on a Buick Enclave. My first car ever was a brand new, car show edition 1994 Buick Skylark... I had to trade it in for a nice "4 door family sedan" when Allison was 1 month old (and become an adult)... Ever since then - no car has ever compared. I love Buicks! So, I would be insanely jealous if she ended up with an Enclave. Ooops - I went off on my own there... Anyways, she picked up 3 double shifts this week (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) - all with $150 bonuses and time + half, then a PM shift on Thursday with the bonus and time + half (which was supposed to be her day off), then she had yesterday off, and now she works the weekend and again picked up 2 doubles with the bonus and time + half. :eek: A little concerned that burn-out is very real here... but she knows that work = money and money = car... Wish I would have had the brains at her age to make this distinction and pay cash for my first car... I'd be a LOT richer now, that's for sure. ::yes:: In any case... Here's my Skylark - I sure loved that car. ::yes::

557.jpg

555.jpg

Victoria is also working a lot, and putting in overtime every week... Though she doesn't get the overtime that Allison is able to... She still does really well. She is currently saving for Christmas and Disney simultaneously... Barring any more car repairs. :eek: Let's pray not.

In Disney related news...

I am planning to order our park tickets from Shades of Green sometime this coming week. I've heard rumors of the "good neighbor" resorts being included in the 60 day FP benefit... and though SoG hasn't been announced - I don't' want to be left unprepared if they suddenly are announced... I want to be ready if by chance we are included. ::yes:: So, park tickets will be in hand and linked on MDE before my 60 days opens up. ::yes::

That's about all... I better run... We had a bit of snow yesterday and I don't want to have to be rushing around this morning on the roads.

I'll be back later this week - hopefully sooner rather than later - to show you my sewing room awesomeness! :woohoo:

Have a great weekend all, prayers and pixie dust to all! :lovestruc

D~

I can't wait to next week to see what you have been up to in your sewing room.

Sounds like Allison is getting very close to a new car with all that working she has been up to.

Today it has been snowing here. But the snow has melted as soon as it reached the ground. It has been windy here the last few days so now all the leafs on the trees are gone. It's so dark outside this time of year with the black tries and no snow. It gets a lot brighter when the white snow is everywhere. It's about 3 weeks until the sun is gone here for 2 months.

I'm trying really hard to find out what I want for Christmas. I've come to the conclusion that I have to take a trip to a few store to see if there are anything I want. I have a few pillows from tempur that I'm not sure if will fit for the purpose I want it for. So I have to try and find a store that has the pillows in stock so I can take a good lock at them. I have found them on the internet, but it's hard to tell if any of the pillows will be the right one for me.

I hope you have a great weekend with your brother, dad and the rest of the family.

Wow to the snow. We’ve been lucky in Jersey. Weather has been pretty nice. Today was beautiful at the pumpkin patch.

Sounds like Allison is working her butt off. Enjoy your time with your brother & the rest of your weekend. I can’t wait to see what you’re working on this week.

I can't wait to next week to see what you have been up to in your sewing room.

Sounds like Allison is getting very close to a new car with all that working she has been up to.

Today it has been snowing here. But the snow has melted as soon as it reached the ground. It has been windy here the last few days so now all the leafs on the trees are gone. It's so dark outside this time of year with the black tries and no snow. It gets a lot brighter when the white snow is everywhere. It's about 3 weeks until the sun is gone here for 2 months.

I'm trying really hard to find out what I want for Christmas. I've come to the conclusion that I have to take a trip to a few store to see if there are anything I want. I have a few pillows from tempur that I'm not sure if will fit for the purpose I want it for. So I have to try and find a store that has the pillows in stock so I can take a good lock at them. I have found them on the internet, but it's hard to tell if any of the pillows will be the right one for me.

I hope you have a great weekend with your brother, dad and the rest of the family.

I know - I am even more excited to share it now... I was able to work on it for a little while last night and make some visible progress.... Just waiting on one more delivery. ::yes::

Not quite close enough yet... but she is definitely working hard towards it, sooner rather than later. :thumbsup2

Wow! I am not sure how I would handle so much darkness? I am sure - living there your entire life - you are used to it. :scratchin

Excellent idea!!! It's always fun to go out shopping for yourself - but not to buy, just to look. ::yes:: Enjoy!

Wow to the snow. We’ve been lucky in Jersey. Weather has been pretty nice. Today was beautiful at the pumpkin patch.

Sounds like Allison is working her butt off. Enjoy your time with your brother & the rest of your weekend. I can’t wait to see what you’re working on this week.

Surprisingly, the snow has stayed in the grass... It's only enough to have clumps around the yard - there is still a lot of grass visible. I think, because it go so cold so quickly - it's been able to stay around. The roads are perfectly clear though. ::yes:: Which I am grateful for.

She is! She is very motivated by her bonuses - Can't say I blame her. LOL

So far, we have had a very nice visit with my family - it's so nice having them all together. I can honestly say that I have missed this over the last few years when Dad was living so far away. ::yes::

I am soooo excited to share it with you all! :woohoo: Just waiting on one more delivery! ::yes::

**************************************************************************************************************

Well, I did a LOT of driving yesterday... Not even a clue as to how many miles - but it was a lot. ::yes:: I picked up Jonathan in the morning and we came back here for a few hours. Then I went to pick up Dad and bring him here too...

V really wanted us to go have dinner at her work... So after a bit of coordination, we were able to get it planned. It was actually much easier than I had feared... Josh took Jonathan and I took my Dad. ::yes:: V made them a very good pizza, and she made me hot wings (which surprisingly are 100% Paleo compliant at her work). It was a lot of fun to go out with my family! And I do think that Dad and Jonathan enjoyed themselves too. :lovestruc

F2D1ECD4-319E-4F52-BBC9-B7FD3D696E0D.jpg

After we put Jonathan to bed, I was able to sneak into my sewing room for a little while... One of the items I was waiting for came in the mail yesterday, so I was able to mess around with it, and make huge visible progress on my one project. :woohoo: I am so excited about this - it changes my whole trip experience drastically. :scratchin I am hoping to get up there again this afternoon and continue working on this. In order to finish it though - I am still waiting on one more thing to be delivered. ::yes:: The excitement is REAL though! :woohoo:

Today... We are hanging out here this morning. I am picking up Dad at lunch time and taking him and Jonathan out for lunch... Then I'll drop Dad back at home and I'll take Jonathan back to meet his foster mom... With any luck - I'll be home by 3. ::yes::

I hope you all have a marvelous weekend! Prayers and pixie dust to all! :lovestruc

D~

How great that it was easier to get everyone to V's pizza place than you feared it would be.
Looks like you all had a good time.

Today I woke up to winter outside. It's snow everywhere outside. I don't know if this is the start of winter or if the snow will disappear.
I have to go out and get gas on my car later tonight, but other than that I think I will stay inside today :)

We have gone from summer time to normal time last night. So we got one hour extra today. I hate this changing of time. Finland is now debating on getting rid of summer time and just have normal time all year around. I wish Norway would do the same.

ok I swear I thought I had checked in here but I couldn't find it so I am here and read it all.

Glad that you caught up with your Mom's Friend Alice.
Looks like your dad is settling nicely and you were able to get him to church.

I am looking forward to keeping up with your trip and I am half debating in a PTR of my adult trip with G.

So glad you had a fun dinner with your family. I am really excited to see this big project you've been working on!!

We're still waiting to get the pricing back from the builder on our home...in the meantime, I keep thinking of little things that aren't exactly going to work for me but would requiring rethinking the entire floor plan, or going with a different home entirely, and both of those options would mean a bigger home which we don't want to do right now. So we haven't even broken ground on the home and I'm already stressed about a couple of things. *Sigh* My husband keeps telling me to just hold off until we finish the basement (we're going with an unfinished basement because of price) and then those problems will, most likely, be resolved. And he's right. It's just getting by until that point (probably 2-3 years) that is going to require some creative thought on my part. But I am SO ready to be in our own home and just want to get started already...

So we made a big decision on our Disneyland trip for next year -- it's going to be a girls trip! My husband said he really doesn't want to go (he'll go if we really want him to but would rather not), and we would have to go in the summer in order for him to go with us without taking time off work. Alyssa's husband really doesn't want to go (big crowds cause anxiety for him), but he said he would go if we really want him to. Ultimately, we decided we want to go in late April/early May (which got changed to mid-May last night because of nationals for college lacrosse -- we're pretty confident Brie's team will make nationals, and they've placed consistently for the last several years), and not wait until August when it's hotter and more crowded. So the girls and I started throwing around the idea of doing a girls trip, and Mark and Andrew were completely on board with that. So I started looking at hotels and pricing last night -- I was surprised to see that it's going to cost more than I expected...but the good news is that I already have the money set aside and ready to go. So once we have dates firmed up a bit I'm going to start looking into making reservations. Yea!

ooooo... I can't wait to see what you are making!!!! The Donald suit comment made me chuckle. ...

I am guessing this has to be a whole new style bag to be causing so much change???? I am glad I am busy at work and just dropping in every few days or I would be checking all the time to see what is up!

I love my Buick Encore. Just enough room and the gas mileage in an AWD is great.

How great that it was easier to get everyone to V's pizza place than you feared it would be.
Looks like you all had a good time.

Today I woke up to winter outside. It's snow everywhere outside. I don't know if this is the start of winter or if the snow will disappear.
I have to go out and get gas on my car later tonight, but other than that I think I will stay inside today

We have gone from summer time to normal time last night. So we got one hour extra today. I hate this changing of time. Finland is now debating on getting rid of summer time and just have normal time all year around. I wish Norway would do the same.

It was very nice, and a relief to know... Now I can take Dad to eat there more often if he wants to. ::yes::

Yikes!!!! I hope it's not the start for you, that will make a long winter!

Oh yes - you set the clocks back a week before we do. That sure would be nice - I don't enjoy it either, it just messes me up. ::yes::

ok I swear I thought I had checked in here but I couldn't find it so I am here and read it all.

Glad that you caught up with your Mom's Friend Alice.
Looks like your dad is settling nicely and you were able to get him to church.

I am looking forward to keeping up with your trip and I am half debating in a PTR of my adult trip with G.

Hi Chiara!!!! I've missed seeing you here (and everywhere) :hugs: I see you on FB all the time, but it seems that I am not seeing you as often as I used to.

Yes - that was a neat experience. :lovestruc

Eeeek!!!! So excited for your trip with G - that will be so fun for the two of you, and a rare occurrence! :lovestruc

I'm sitting here thinking, "She is TOTALLY making herself a Donald suit!" :jumping1:

BAH!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Well.... :scratchin I guess you won't be very surprised now will you? LOL

So glad you had a fun dinner with your family. I am really excited to see this big project you've been working on!!

We're still waiting to get the pricing back from the builder on our home...in the meantime, I keep thinking of little things that aren't exactly going to work for me but would requiring rethinking the entire floor plan, or going with a different home entirely, and both of those options would mean a bigger home which we don't want to do right now. So we haven't even broken ground on the home and I'm already stressed about a couple of things. *Sigh* My husband keeps telling me to just hold off until we finish the basement (we're going with an unfinished basement because of price) and then those problems will, most likely, be resolved. And he's right. It's just getting by until that point (probably 2-3 years) that is going to require some creative thought on my part. But I am SO ready to be in our own home and just want to get started already...

So we made a big decision on our Disneyland trip for next year -- it's going to be a girls trip! My husband said he really doesn't want to go (he'll go if we really want him to but would rather not), and we would have to go in the summer in order for him to go with us without taking time off work. Alyssa's husband really doesn't want to go (big crowds cause anxiety for him), but he said he would go if we really want him to. Ultimately, we decided we want to go in late April/early May (which got changed to mid-May last night because of nationals for college lacrosse -- we're pretty confident Brie's team will make nationals, and they've placed consistently for the last several years), and not wait until August when it's hotter and more crowded. So the girls and I started throwing around the idea of doing a girls trip, and Mark and Andrew were completely on board with that. So I started looking at hotels and pricing last night -- I was surprised to see that it's going to cost more than I expected...but the good news is that I already have the money set aside and ready to go. So once we have dates firmed up a bit I'm going to start looking into making reservations. Yea!

It was so nice - we did have a good time. I can't say the project is necessarily "big"... But definitely intense. ::yes::

I am sure you are very anxious to have your own space again... Even though I am certain that you love your in-laws, I know that I wouldn't be able to live with mine - I can barely do the 10 days in July that we do every year... I just cannot imagine the stress of any longer than that.

And I bet your DH is right - though it's so hard to visualize - once you get the added space of finishing the basement, I am sure everything will work out. :hug: And I am sure that whatever you do - it will be beautiful! :)

Ooooh - EXCITING!!!!! A girls trip!!!! You KNOW how I feel about those!!!! :lovestruc I cannot wait to hear all about this - you are going to have a blast!!!! :woohoo: And WTG for having it paid off before you book it - incredible! :woohoo:

ooooo... I can't wait to see what you are making!!!! The Donald suit comment made me chuckle. ...

I am guessing this has to be a whole new style bag to be causing so much change???? I am glad I am busy at work and just dropping in every few days or I would be checking all the time to see what is up!

I love my Buick Encore. Just enough room and the gas mileage in an AWD is great.

Hahahaha - same! I darn near spit out my coffee this morning! :lmao:

Actually... Well... No. LOL I'd so much rather be making a bag - that's my thing... This... This is much more difficult. :scratchin

This is good to know... I have a few friends who drive one - and I was planning to reach out to them once Allison gets a little closer to her financial goal... I'd love to hear some of their (and yours) likes/dislikes about it. Like for me, I drive a Ford Edge - I love it - buuuut the blind spots are terrible in it, like I've darn near killed us several times - even though I KNOW they are there and triple check... I've been eyeing the Enclave for many years, as well - so I'd be asking for personal reasons too. :lovestruc

**************************************************************************************************************

So, yesterday - I worked at Target all day... For once, I actually enjoyed it. They tasked me with putting out the new Christmas stuff! :woohoo: I just love Christmas and I love seeing what is new for the year. So, it's the one day per year that I love working at Target. LOL Pretty sad, I know.

I also weighed in yesterday - I am 3.5 lbs from my lowest weight ever recorded in January 2015. :woohoo: I am extremely excited about that! ::yes:: It's been a looooooong road!

And then I came home and worked in my sewing room... I was waiting on one item to come for last week's order, and it finally came in yesterday's mail... So, I busted my behind and still managed to finish on time. :woohoo:

I was able to make take n' bake pizza for the family for dinner last night (I had a salad)...

Then I went back to work. ::yes::

So, now you all get to see what I've been working on... I am guessing that it isn't at all what you were thinking?

I know I made it sound like it was big... And it's not necessarily "big" - but it is a "big deal" to me... And to top it off - for me, as a perfectionist, well - they have to be perfect.

If you guessed that I have decided to make my own Mickey/Minnie Ears - then you are correct... Not just any though - ones that coordinate with my bags! :lovestruc

Here's my first set... I'll talk more about them below... If the bag looks familiar to some of you - you'd be correct. I never make the same bag twice - however - I do make the exception for myself and sometimes for my own original bags. Monica (the original owner of this bag) gave me permission to remake a twin for myself... The only difference is a slight variation in the appliques. ::yes::

95880B9B-168E-4AD5-85BB-518F8A37BB58.jpg

The story on the ears is this: Several years ago, I had a beloved Ear person - she was remarkable and incredibly talented... Due to personal reasons, she had to close her shop - and went incognito online... I haven't seen her since (and often wonder how she is doing)... Anyways - I've been searching for an "Ear Person" for years - to no avail. As a seamstress.... I am PICKY - like BEYOND PICKY about ears... The size, the shape, the space between them, if the edges are raggedy, how they are attached to the headband, the originality... I could literally go ON and ON about how critical I am about Ears... It's likely borderline insanity. ::yes::

After taking up my search again, a few weeks ago, scouring Etsy and just the internet in general... And being sorely disappointed in my findings... I decided that I'd try my luck. I work with fabric, after all, right? How hard can it be??? In all reality - it sucks. LOL I may be talented with a sewing machine - but put a glue gun in my hand and - well, let's just say - I've glued body parts together these past weeks that were never meant to be together. :lmao: It was disaster at it's finest. ::yes:: After trying to replicate the best of what I'd seen - making it live up to my own expectations - and failing miserably... I decided - I needed to stick to what I knew and quit trying to do what everyone else is doing. So, I made them my way... And I LOVE them!!!! I love everything about them! The size, the shape, the space between the ears, the edges, how puffy they are... and most of all - they MATCH!!! :woohoo: Not only match, but match perfectly - like so perfectly - there is just no way I could ask someone else to match my stuff as perfectly as I can match it.

You all have NO idea of the level this takes my Disney planning to. LOL Like - the sketches rolling around in my head are insane... I am planning ENTIRE NEW BAG sets because of this... Working ragged hours in my sewing room... I already have Ears going for 6 more ideas (2-3 of which need bags to match)... You see where this is going right? LOL Yah... I thought so. It's ridiculous! ::yes::

We won't even talk about what V has on order... :scratchin

Let's just say - I won't be sleeping between now and when we leave...

In other Disney news...

I have my ticket order form all filled out and ready to go... I just have to get that mailed in... Plenty of time before my 60 day window (just in case). ::yes::

If you are keeping track... Airfare is paid in full... Deposit is paid on the resort stay (balance due at check-in)... Tickets are paid in full (or will be by the end of the week)... All that's left is food - and if you know us, this is statistically the most expensive part of our trip - we like to EAT. ::yes::

So, my plan for today...

It's a heavy lifting day for me... So, I will do that shortly here.

Then I will work all morning. ::yes:: This week's work load is going to be a bit difficult - but I am up for a challenge. :scratchin

I plan to go have lunch with Dad today. :)

I will come home and work again for a few hours.

Not sure what's for dinner tonight? It's Halloween - :woohoo: - so lots of little ghosts and ghouls at our door, and candy to give out. :lovestruc

I am hoping to sneak up to my sewing room tonight and work on more Ears... but we will see... Depending on what time we stop giving out candy? :scratchin

That's about all! I hope you all have a wonderful Halloween (if that's your thing?) - or just a great day in general. :lovestruc Prayers and pixie dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

How great that you had a good day at work.

Congratulations on your weight :hug: You have done a great job.

Your bag and ears looks great. I think it will be easier for you to make the next ears and even easier the next one after that. Practice makes perfect :)

Sounds like you have the budget for your trip under control,

I hope you have fun giving out candy tonight. I will make my door bell out of order and just have a normal night here :)

Today it's not snowing, but it has snowed so much the last 2 days so now we have 14.2 inch of snow outside.
If the weather forecast is right it's going to rain from Thursday and the whole weekend. Then it's going to be cold again on Monday. I hope all the snow on the roads goes away before for Monday. Otherwise it will be ice everywhere on Monday. The snow on the rest of the ground can stay. I don't mind that as long as the roads are ice free.

awww they are so cute!!!!! but I can't imagine just how frustrating they could be. Did you have to customize all the structure yourself or is their a way to purchase it? I am meaning the headband and whatever is making the shape of the ear? I "made" a poodle skirt for dd at the last minute last year and the gluing was the worst part for adding sequins to be the dog collar.
Personally, headbands like that drive me nuts, I must have a square head under my fluffy hair. but a cute scarf band in a material that matches a bag... hmmmmm. I will have to see if my sister has a pattern for the cloth scarf-like headbands with the elastic at the bottom... oh wait, you need a trip to wear these on :sad:

I have the Encore that I bought new in Feb (I keep my cars a long time), one of my coworkers has the Envision, and her sister has an Enclave. I was a little nervous giving up my previous car that I had 5 years and put over 100,000 miles on since I bought it used (Taurus X wagon awd). But the Buick is easy to park, I can still get a big shopping order inside, and I get 10-12 miles more per gallon then the old card. For us it is usually just me and DD anyway so we don't need the extra room. Sadly I live in a climate that requires AWD. When I retire to FL I am getting a cute little convertible to drive. :flower1:

Since you are not technically looking (yet), I would consider the Envision as being close in size to the Edge (5 passenger vs 7 in the Enclave). They only came out a year or so ago, so they really aren't in the used market yet, but will be in the next few years. Enclave is due for an update in another year, so that usually makes the previous body style more affordable.

I know what you mean about the Edge, they have always been that way. The giant A pillar in the front drove me nuts from the beginning and then they changed Explorer to something similar in 2012. (full disclosure I work in the automotive industry). I always thought the need for the blind spot sensors in new vehicles was a gimick, until I had them in my new car. It is so nice to check my mirrors on the freeway and check to see if one of the blind spot lights is on too (they are in the side view mirrors). I don't rely on them, but they really do work well when people up on your side and sit there.

Congrats on your new design!!! and happy trip planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter