Sharli & Shane's Wishes Wedding 12/1/13 WP/GF

Umm...I'm not sure what restaurants you are referring to, but you can book the signature restaurants online as well as character breakfasts online and they all require a credit card number.
ie. I was able to book Chef Mickey, O'hana, Monsieur Paul, Akershus, Artist Point, Jiko, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Bluezoo and Narcoossee's. i even got BoG which I am thinking I had to leave a credit card number for, but I could be wrong.
The only thing that needed a credit card which I couldn't book on-line was the Luau, because it is pre-paid. Also some of the tours and experiences are pre-paid, so you need to call for those.

Oh it looks like they've redone the ADR website. Before, if it required a credit card, like for citricos or artist point or jiko, it instructed me to call. Now it's allowing credit cards. That's so much better.

Im curious when it did that. I can't remember a time it did that...was that when they initially switched to the new website? We were there in Sept of last year and I could also enter credit card info....
And any trip since we were able to book online in 2009 or 2010 I guess. I know I called for ADRs for our wedding:honeymoon trip in '09 but that was before you could do it online.

Just curious why you didn't do any ADR's on-line? The calling is a pain! I agree! I was able to do my 180+10 online and then had to call for the last few days of our trip. So far, I've gotten everything we wanted except for California Grill which they haven't released anything for yet.

Ok, first of all....IF your DP gets changed I want to be kept in the loop 'cause as I mentioned we'll be in EPCOT that night eating at Teppan Edo and will be around. We might hit Jellyroll's or just stay for IllumiNations, but if you're in EPCOT with your DP, I wanna come stalk. :lmao:

Secondly, although we have a few of the same restaurants, none are on the same day! :sad2: BUT we are going to MVMCP on the 3rd! So, if you go that day, we'll have to try to meet up at least to say Hi!
I've also booked the Luau this trip as Eoghan has never seen it, so I'm hoping it doesn't get cancelled. I did hear unofficially from Tikiman that the last one will be Oct. 1. So, definitely have a back up option for your reheursal dinner and keep in the loop with your planner on it.

Can't wait for you next update!princess:

We haven't done any online because I didn't know you could! Great news that it's an option! We also wanted to wait until our last day there was at the 180 mark so we could do it all at once instead of calling everyday, but now I know I could have done it online. :rolleyes: Hopefully, we'll get everything.

I'm almost certain I want to switch the DP to Epcot because I would love for my guests that may not be staying to go to the parks to have that opportunity. As of now, I'm still not sure whether they are having Wishes or not. BUT we were planning to change clothes and go out after the DP anyway. DF's brother will want to go out...and I'm sure others will too.

I know we'll be going to the December 3 MVMCP, I'm just not sure if it will be the only day we go. :laughing: DF keeps saying, "I don't know if I want to go twice." I said, "What? Why?! LOL" He said, "Because, what if it sucks?" Me --> :eek: "What are you talking about?! It's DISNEY!!!!!! It WON'T suck!!!" We'll definitely have to meet up....DP, MVMCP.....I'm sure we'll get to meet. :goodvibes

I emailed Jessica about the Luau and she got back to me. She said she checked with "our partners at Dinner Shows and they have not been told the Spirit of Aloha is closing." Our rehearsal dinner is booked for November 30, 8pm. :banana:

I'm loving your plans! It sounds like you are going to have such a fun wedding!

We will be there a month after you as we are getting married on the Dream sailing Jan 19-23! Just a quick question, do you remember how much the tolls were going to Coco Beach? If I remember correctly it's the same way to go to Port Canaveral.

If you haven't been to MVMCP before you are going to love it. It's one of my favorites.

Looking forward to more

Jodi

:wave2: Hi Jodi!

Thank you! How exciting to go on the cruise! DF and I will have to do that one day. Neither of us have ever been on a cruise before. You are correct, you take the same highway to Port Canaveral as you would to get to Coco Beach. The tolls are either $1 or $1.50...it depends. When you get on it's $1 and then after it's $1.50, they have people in the booths and they will make change for you if you need it. In Dallas we don't have booths anymore.

I've heard so many good things about MVMCP!! I can't wait....and I think I'll be able to convince DF that we need to go twice.

Holy ADRs, your trip sounds amazing! You've got so many fun things planned, I hope you're planning on doing a Trip Report!

As for your floral beo, it really sounds like you are getting a lot! It's going to be so lush with all the beautiful colours and flowers! Spirit of Aloha sounds like so much fun for a rehearsal dinner! Fingers crossed it works out!

Thank you! I love to pack as many great dining experiences into a WDW trip as possible! I will definitely do a trip report when I get back! What I love is that I've managed to incorporate many of my favorite dining places as well as lots of new ones to share with DF. Since he's never been to WDW (he practically lived at DL), it was very important to me that he be able to experience the things I love about Disney, so (maybe) he will love them as much as I do. His family never really *did* Disney. They went to DL and rode the rides, but I don't think any of them has truly had "the Disney experience," I love that I get to show it to them! It's also very important to me to be able to make new memories with him doing things I've never had a chance to do before.

I told Keith the rumor of Spirit of Aloha being over for construction! He was super bummed. I actually think he was more upset about this than I was! He had his heart set on it.
Anyways, so jealous you get to see the change over...pictures please!! (I know I ask a lot of you, pictures, cake report, etc!)

Your ADRs look great. I have always wanted to do Breakfast at Tusker House. Everyone raves about it! I think you picked awesome places o take Shane too, especially since he's never been! You have a good mix of characters and fun and adult dining :)

Tell Keith there is hope!! I was able to book my rehearsal dinner, but we're all still keeping a close eye on it. No worries! I'll be taking many, many pictures!! You know I'll post as much as possible to Instagram....I love Instagram! It'll be like our PS trip on crack. LOL

Yeah, he has no idea what he's in for! :banana: :dance3:

Boy, you sure do have a lot of ADRs!!! Wow. We certainly don't have that many! I think we wanted to be quite flexible.

I sure do enjoy your posts and wish I had the money and creativity to have an amazing wedding like yours. Unfortunately, I will have to live vicariously through you and enjoy your wedding planning from afar.

I can't wait for more!!

Im curious when it did that. I can't remember a time it did that...was that when they initially switched to the new website? We were there in Sept of last year and I could also enter credit card info....
And any trip since we were able to book online in 2009 or 2010 I guess. I know I called for ADRs for our wedding:honeymoon trip in '09 but that was before you could do it online.

I haven't done table service at one of those upscale restaurants in over a year now, so I'm sure the change happened sometime in the last 1-2 years. Wen online ressies first came out, we could reserve almost anything online. Then when the credit card policy came out for the more upscale restaurants, those couldn't be done online but the others not considered so upscale did not require a credit card and could still be done online. The credit card policy went into effect because there were a number of people who simply wouldn't show up without canceling, or they would make ressies at multiple places and not cancel. The site now looks completely different from the last time I looked at it, so I'm glad they can do online ressies at all the places now.

We haven't done any online because I didn't know you could! Great news that it's an option! We also wanted to wait until our last day there was at the 180 mark so we could do it all at once instead of calling everyday, but now I know I could have done it online. :rolleyes: Hopefully, we'll get everything.
I'm almost certain I want to switch the DP to Epcot because I would love for my guests that may not be staying to go to the parks to have that opportunity. As of now, I'm still not sure whether they are having Wishes or not. BUT we were planning to change clothes and go out after the DP anyway. DF's brother will want to go out...and I'm sure others will too.
I know we'll be going to the December 3 MVMCP, I'm just not sure if it will be the only day we go. :laughing: DF keeps saying, "I don't know if I want to go twice." I said, "What? Why?! LOL" He said, "Because, what if it sucks?" Me --> :eek: "What are you talking about?! It's DISNEY!!!!!! It WON'T suck!!!" We'll definitely have to meet up....DP, MVMCP.....I'm sure we'll get to meet. :goodvibes
I emailed Jessica about the Luau and she got back to me. She said she checked with "our partners at Dinner Shows and they have not been told the Spirit of Aloha is closing." Our rehearsal dinner is booked for November 30, 8pm. :banana:

Ok, cool! After you make your ADR's, I'm assuming you'll post them? That way, in case you end up switching days/times of any, maybe then some of ours will sych! If I hear anything concrete about the Luau, I'll let you know, but I assume you would hear first....

Your DF is cracking me up!! I can't wait until he really gets to spend some time in WDW with you! :goodvibes

Hi Sharli!

I just finished reading your entire PJ and I LOVE everything. Your rainbow roses are so cool. I have never seen that before. What a great idea. All your necklaces you have shown are also all absolutely stunning. I cannot believe you designed those. How awesome. Your rock theme is really cool and all the music selections fit it so well.

I am looking forward to reading so much more as it gets closer to your wedding.

pixiedust:

Hi Sharli!

I just finished reading your entire PJ and I LOVE everything. Your rainbow roses are so cool. I have never seen that before. What a great idea. All your necklaces you have shown are also all absolutely stunning. I cannot believe you designed those. How awesome. Your rock theme is really cool and all the music selections fit it so well.

I am looking forward to reading so much more as it gets closer to your wedding.

pixiedust:

Thank you so much for the compliments! I saw the rainbow roses and knew I had to have them....everywhere! I actually got the necklaces back last week, just haven't had a chance to post pictures, I'll do that in a bit. We're constantly tweaking things to make the rock part come through more clearly. I'm hoping with the new ideas it will become more obvious and not just look like an afterthought.

Boy, you sure do have a lot of ADRs!!! Wow. We certainly don't have that many! I think we wanted to be quite flexible.

I sure do enjoy your posts and wish I had the money and creativity to have an amazing wedding like yours. Unfortunately, I will have to live vicariously through you and enjoy your wedding planning from afar.

I can't wait for more!!

I can't believe I didn't respond the last time I was on. Yes, we have a lot, but I really want DF to get a great feel for everything and I tried to keep everything in the same parks we plan to be in that day. I've done this many every time I go to Disney and never had an issue trying to make it work. I'm so glad you're enjoying my PJ. I'm sure you are plenty creative, maybe you just need something to spark it. That could come from anything. Keep your eyes and your mind open and you will be just fine! :thumbsup2

Ok, cool! After you make your ADR's, I'm assuming you'll post them? That way, in case you end up switching days/times of any, maybe then some of ours will sych! If I hear anything concrete about the Luau, I'll let you know, but I assume you would hear first....

Your DF is cracking me up!! I can't wait until he really gets to spend some time in WDW with you! :goodvibes

Yes, posting the finalized ADRs tonight....for sure. We didn't really move much around, just found something that worked within our schedule. Yes, ears and eyes are open for any news on the Luau, and I'll definitely let you know if I hear anything as well. ::yes::

Ok, on to an update! I've been trying to do this update for a week, but every time I sat down at the computer, I would get a few sentences in and lose interest. The last couple of weeks have been a little more stressful to me. Mostly due to work, but also because we're waiting for our BEO. Four to six weeks is rough. It wasn't so bad the first couple of weeks because we got the floral proposal and had something to look at....but the waiting is killing me. The suspense. I am determined to get this update done though!! Tonight! :coffee:

So here we go, ADRs. We had to add a day because our flight changed, so it looks like this:

11-29 - Breakfast - 9:15am - Cape May Cafe (Beach Club)
Lunch - 1:20pm - Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge)
Dinner - No set time - Big River Grille & Brewing Works (Boardwalk)
11-30 - Lunch - 1pm - Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant (DTD)
Rehearsal Dinner - 8pm - Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Poly)
12-2 - Mini golf (I've always wanted to do this!!)
Dinner 5:45pm - Victoria & Albert's (GF)
Electrical Water Pageant - if scheduled
12-3 - Breakfast - 9:10am - 1900 Fare Park (GF)
Lunch - 2:35pm - Cinderella's Royal Table (MK)
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
12-4 - Breakfast - 9am - Rainforest Café (AK)
Dinner - 7:30pm - Fulton's Crabhouse (DTD)
Cirque Du Soleil - La Nouba - 9pm
12-5 - Lunch - 2:05pm - Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater (HS)
Dinner - 5:45pm - Hollywood Brown Derby (HS)
12-6 - Lunch - 2pm - Nine Dragons Restaurant (Epcot)
Dinner - 9:15pm - Coral Reef (Epcot) - I'm hoping to see if we can get in earlier, otherwise I may be falling asleep on my plate.
12-7 - Lunch - 2:45pm - 50s Prime Time Cafe (HS)
DisneyQuest (Never done this one either!!)
Dinner - 6:15 - Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (Wilderness Lodge)
12-8 - Breakfast - 8:40am - Tusker House (AK)
Dinner - 6:25pm - Sanaa (AK Resort)
12-9 - Breakfast - 7:25am - Chef Mickey's (Contemporary Resort) - This is going to be a very early day for me.
Dinner - 7:20pm - Narcoosee's (GF)
12-10 - Breakfast - 9:45am - Crystal Palace (MK)
Lunch - 1:45pm - Liberty Tree Tavern (MK)
Dinner - 5-6 - Be Our Guest (MK) - I didn't actually make a reservation for this, there was nothing left, but apparently it's fairly common to be able to walk up and get in fairly quickly.
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - That's right! We're going twice!! :cool1:
12-11 - Lunch - 2:35 - Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano (HS)
12-12 - Breakfast - 8-9 - Sunshine Seasons (Epcot - The Land)
Lunch - 12:10pm - Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Epcot)
Dinner - 7:15pm - San Angel Inn (Epcot - Mexico)

So that's pretty much everything we'll be doing besides the actual parks. The biggest disappointment for me was that we weren't able to get the Backstage Tour. I really wanted to do this. Apparently, in the month of December they only have 2 days when they do the tour. Boo! Oh, well, good thing we plan on going next October! As a consolation, we are going to MVMCP twice. Other reservations we ended up not getting and decided to try for next October are California Grill, Garden Grill, and Hollywood & Vine.

Next up, some odds and ends I've been working on.....

Now, I'm sure I'm going to forget something, but here are some things I've been thinking about and working on....

In keeping with the rock theme, we decided to name the tables after bands. What I'd like to do is find a band logo for the bands we choose and have those printed for the table name cards....I'll probably go through Impressions. After the reception, I'll most likely keep these and incorporate them into a piece of art.....by the time we have a house, we won't need to buy anything for the walls. :laughing: So here are just a few of the band logos I've found online. I wanted to have some newer bands too....

DF favorite band:
tompetty_zps2c7a10be.jpg

My favorite band:
8c284b27-b3be-48b2-8112-ecc16a33ca57_zps282d9efa.jpg

DF wants this one for his mom, but I'm just not sure:
cf1bcd66-b012-4e1b-88b4-cdab2cfad997_zps71a04785.jpg

"Something old":
2419eb7c-17f9-494a-85bd-2ae747de892e_zps4fa54826.jpg

"Something new":
b030a65c-c009-4e0c-8a8b-f14cd6d08beb_zps7f2f82f7.jpg

And you can't mention music without thinking of these guys:
abe24773-32bd-4786-a305-fb6b986863cf_zpse70a0555.jpg

All are colorful (except The Cure, which I may be able to do something with) and are in line with the theme. I'm just not sure I want the KC and the Sunshine Band....it seems a little cheesy, but for DF and his mom, why not...I guess?

The guest book. I wanted to do something different. Something I wouldn't just toss in a closet and never look at again. So I decided I wanted to paint a design on a canvas and have everyone sign it. I drew out four designs, and, of those, (with the help of others, including DF, co-workers, and the Disbrides Facebook group) I narrowed it down to two designs:

guestbook_carriage_zpsed3117b1.png

guestbook_music_zps3aa01aae.png

Everyone loves the carriage. So that was what we decided to go with. I knew it wouldn't look exactly like the sketch. Obviously, the canvas is a lot larger, but this paper is to scale. The actual drawing is not freehand, I'm far too out of practice to do all of that...these are stencils. So, if I were to do the stenciling on a canvas, there would have to be adjustments. First, I never intended to paint in confetti. My thought was to add multi-color glitter to a medium and paint it on in a thin coating so it would be subtle in the background. Second, I would carry the bottom design element up the sides and across the top to meet the design on the top of the drawing. Third, I would change the wheels of the carriage to look more fantasy-like and move it to one of the lower corners. This way people can use the negative space to write. Part of why I threw out the other two designs was because there would have been a lot of painted area and I was afraid no one would want to sign over the paint for fear of ruining the painting....moving the carriage to the bottom would allow plenty of empty space for people to sign.

And so I began. I got glitter, mixed it with the medium and started painting it onto the canvas. I got the perfect amount on and let it dry. That day DF was called in for work. So he left and I was left staring at the canvas. Thinking. This is never good. I get to thinking and then I called my mom. We discussed the project. What I kept thinking about was this....do I really want a piece of art that looks like someone wrote all over it? The other thing that kept sticking in my head was what a co-worker said to me when I was asking for ideas and opinions on what I could do. She said, "Oh, you could do music notes 'Love Notes'!" I told her I'd thought about doing that before. So I did the drawing above and when I showed it to her she said, "Oh, I love this! When people sign it, it will look like a song!" The more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of the painting looking like it was a song written out. And I knew I would need a sign letting people know it was ok to write on it. I kept telling my mom, "I just don't think I want something people look at and think someone ruined the painting. I think if I do the notes, people will write on the lines and it will look like a piece of art from far away. Then I can make a sign that says something like, 'Sign our guest book and help turn our Love Notes into a Love Song'." She loved this idea....though, she pretty much loves all of my ideas, she's my mom. :laughing: I talked to DF when he came home and he said he liked that idea. He asked, as usual, the obvious and important questions....

DF: Are you still going to use that canvas?
Me: Yes.
DF: Ok. What will people use to sign it?
Me: I was thinking sharpie markers.
DF: The regular, or the fine tip?
Me: I'm not sure, probably fine tip will be good.
DF: Will it show up with the glitter?
Me: Hmm, I don't know, but we have one of each, let's try.

I had tested the glitter in medium on a piece of paper. So he tries the regular sharpie on the paper. Let me tell you, the regular looks terrible, especially since I was worried about the messages standing out and over powering the painting. Fine tip it is! He tries the fine tip. It was bad too, not because the marker looked bad, but because it was extremely difficult to write on over the glitter. Uh, oh. Then I had another idea! Here's what I did:

guestbook_1_zps1a0241d0.jpg

I turned it into a piece of art and bought a new canvas!! I haven't painted the music notes on it yet. I'll be sure to take pictures and post after that's done.

Now, on to bridesmaids' gifts. I still need to buy my bridesmaid her hoodie and hanger, and I need to get boxes or something for their necklaces, but I did manage to get these to put everything in. I'm going to add some tissue and place the gifts in these:

MOH:
ednabox_zps27021f38.jpg

ednabox2_zpsfba020f2.jpg

Bridesmaid:
marlenebox_zps6ac3c535.jpg

marlenebox2_zps97bbbff3.jpg

I also got our necklaces back from the bead shop!! I need to do a few tweaks to mine. It's a little longer than I'd like, so I'm going to wire up some of the strands. This will also give it the messier look I want. The other thing I need to do is secure the skull a little more. Right now it's falling forward. The girls' are similar. They have similar, but different, bead strands and their guitars are different from each other.

MOH:
ednanecklace_zpsdeecac03.jpg

Bridesmaid:
marlenenecklace_zpse909f63a.jpg

Mine (sorry, it's a little blurry):
mynecklace_zpsa9c82a72.jpg

Ok, that's it for now. I'll post photos of the guest book and necklace when they're finished! And, of course, the BEO when I get that too. :thumbsup2

I had to open two windows so I could do a side by side comparison of the ADRs! :rotfl: It's great that you got most of the reservations you wanted. Everything seems pretty close to the times and places you wanted, or places that were pretty similar. I hope you are going to do some reviews because I've never to been to a bunch of these restaurants, probably half of them actually! Surprised to hear that there was no availability for Garden Grill, I didn't realize it was such a popular choice. And also too bad about California Grill, but awesome that you guys already have your next trip in the works so you can get those ADRs in then! I love you're going to MVMCP twice (also super jealous!) and that you guys have the Luau in there for your rehearsal! Fantastic! And I love, love all the character dining! Such fun!

I love the table names, the rock bands are such a perfect idea. I think it's hilarious that your FMIL wants KC and the Sunshine band. At least the logo really fits the colour theme, even if their music is not thematically compatible with your other band choices. :laughing: I even think it's kind of cool that The Cure logo has no colour.

I really like the guest book idea. The guests signing and the words forming to look like a song, that is such an ingenious way of looking at it! It's so perfect. Also, good thing you guys tested out the markers! I don't think I would have thought of that....

And I think I've said this about five times, but I have to say it again, I love how the necklaces have come out! The charms are awesome, and they look really stunning on! Especially the one for you, it's so unique and gorgeous!

Fingers crossed you get your BEO soon! Aside from waiting to get your date confirmed, I'd say waiting for the BEO is the worst part about planning a Disney wedding. :rotfl:

Just a quickie response from me...

First of all, add to the list of possbilities...HS on the 5th. We are there that day too! Hopefully from park opening to about 5ish. (dinner at Artist Point that night).

As far as Cali Grill goes, they haven't opened ressies yet for after ther refurb. There is a thread here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3089465

I suggest you subscribe, I have because I want to book Cali Grill for 12/6...

The table names are AWSOME!!!! There are loads of CURE graphics that are more colorful....did you know that DH and I saw The Cure the night we got married at city hall in NYC? I had seen them before back in the 80's but he had not. One of the things that brought us together when we were dating was that he owned my fave Cure album on vinyl (Head on the Door) when I met him and his fave song ON that album is the same as mine! (Push) :lovestruc

I love the necklaces and think they are completely FAB!!!! I really can't wait to see how everything will come together!!!

I had to open two windows so I could do a side by side comparison of the ADRs! :rotfl: It's great that you got most of the reservations you wanted. Everything seems pretty close to the times and places you wanted, or places that were pretty similar. I hope you are going to do some reviews because I've never to been to a bunch of these restaurants, probably half of them actually! Surprised to hear that there was no availability for Garden Grill, I didn't realize it was such a popular choice. And also too bad about California Grill, but awesome that you guys already have your next trip in the works so you can get those ADRs in then! I love you're going to MVMCP twice (also super jealous!) and that you guys have the Luau in there for your rehearsal! Fantastic! And I love, love all the character dining! Such fun!

I love the table names, the rock bands are such a perfect idea. I think it's hilarious that your FMIL wants KC and the Sunshine band. At least the logo really fits the colour theme, even if their music is not thematically compatible with your other band choices. :laughing: I even think it's kind of cool that The Cure logo has no colour.

I really like the guest book idea. The guests signing and the words forming to look like a song, that is such an ingenious way of looking at it! It's so perfect. Also, good thing you guys tested out the markers! I don't think I would have thought of that....

And I think I've said this about five times, but I have to say it again, I love how the necklaces have come out! The charms are awesome, and they look really stunning on! Especially the one for you, it's so unique and gorgeous!

Fingers crossed you get your BEO soon! Aside from waiting to get your date confirmed, I'd say waiting for the BEO is the worst part about planning a Disney wedding. :rotfl:

:laughing: That you opened two windows to compare ADRs. That's something I would do. I really am happy with how it turned out and DF is really excited. Sadly, his parents are not as excited. They said their plan is to go to the store and eat in the hotel room. Womp, womp. Oh well, I'm still going to have a great time, and so will DF! I'll do reviews, especially of the restaurants I've never been to before. So, Garden Grill was another disappointment for me...I've never been, but Chip 'n' Dale are DF's favorite. I wanted to book this as a little surprise for him. Unfortunately, it's under renovation and they haven't opened the reservations. I'll probably just save that and California Grill for our next trip (like Lorelei said, California Grill isn't open for reservations quite yet). I don't think DF has any idea the amount of character dining we'll be doing. :laughing:

Thanks! I love the table names too. You're right about KC...I know DF wants it because we took his mom to see them when she came for a visit and we went to the Texas State Fair. It was fun. I was just hoping to have another more modern band, since right now I feel like the "older" bands outweigh the "newer" bands.

I must confess that I'm a little intimidated to begin the guest book painting. All the curvy lines....especially the treble clef. DF's father and brother are both musicians, I want to make them proud. :goodvibes I'll just need to practice before I actually begin on the canvas.

Thank you! Those necklaces were a labor of love, for sure! I'm ecstatic with how they turned out. The ladies at the bead shop asked if I would bring them photos when we got them back so they could display them in their shop.

I have to agree with you, confirming the date and the wait for the BEO, I think it's a toss up on which is worse. :faint:

Just a quickie response from me...

First of all, add to the list of possbilities...HS on the 5th. We are there that day too! Hopefully from park opening to about 5ish. (dinner at Artist Point that night).

As far as Cali Grill goes, they haven't opened ressies yet for after ther refurb. There is a thread here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3089465

I suggest you subscribe, I have because I want to book Cali Grill for 12/6...

The table names are AWSOME!!!! There are loads of CURE graphics that are more colorful....did you know that DH and I saw The Cure the night we got married at city hall in NYC? I had seen them before back in the 80's but he had not. One of the things that brought us together when we were dating was that he owned my fave Cure album on vinyl (Head on the Door) when I met him and his fave song ON that album is the same as mine! (Push) :lovestruc

I love the necklaces and think they are completely FAB!!!! I really can't wait to see how everything will come together!!!

Yay, HS on the 5th! We will definitely be there all day too! I think we're just going to skip California Grill this time, our only open day would be the 3rd. We don't mind waiting until our next trip, especially since we're thinking about going in October for the Disbride meet up.

Thank you! I needed something else to bring the rock theme to the reception. I did see several logos for The Cure that have more color, but I specifically like the font on this one. It's what they were using when I first started listening to them and I used to draw it all over the place. :rotfl: I didn't know you guys saw them on your wedding day! That would be heaven for me, unfortunately, they are one of the few bands I have mad love for that I've never been able to see. I keep watching for them to come back to Dallas, or really, I'd be willing to travel. I just *need* to sit as close to Robert Smith as possible! He and Johnny Depp are my longest running celebrity crushes. I used to have Head on the Door on cassette, I'm sure my brother has it on vinyl. Anyway, one of his girlfriends bought it for me when she found out I loved them and didn't have that album yet. I ended up replacing the cassette with a CD. Did you see we are using one of their songs for our ceremony? :lovestruc DF puts up with a lot including my crazy music taste, The Cure, Madonna, *NSYNC, Eminem.....it's really eclectic.

Thanks, I just hope the girls love theirs just a fraction of how much I love mine.

Yay, HS on the 5th! We will definitely be there all day too! I think we're just going to skip California Grill this time, our only open day would be the 3rd. We don't mind waiting until our next trip, especially since we're thinking about going in October for the Disbride meet up.

Thank you! I needed something else to bring the rock theme to the reception. I did see several logos for The Cure that have more color, but I specifically like the font on this one. It's what they were using when I first started listening to them and I used to draw it all over the place. :rotfl: I didn't know you guys saw them on your wedding day! That would be heaven for me, unfortunately, they are one of the few bands I have mad love for that I've never been able to see. I keep watching for them to come back to Dallas, or really, I'd be willing to travel. I just *need* to sit as close to Robert Smith as possible! He and Johnny Depp are my longest running celebrity crushes. I used to have Head on the Door on cassette, I'm sure my brother has it on vinyl. Anyway, one of his girlfriends bought it for me when she found out I loved them and didn't have that album yet. I ended up replacing the cassette with a CD. Did you see we are using one of their songs for our ceremony? :lovestruc DF puts up with a lot including my crazy music taste, The Cure, Madonna, *NSYNC, Eminem.....it's really eclectic.

Thanks, I just hope the girls love theirs just a fraction of how much I love mine.

Ok, cool. Glad to have another solid chance of meeting up. We've never eaten at Cali Grill. We've made ressies and cancelled but I really wanted to do it this trip, but I only have it for one specific night in our plans, so if I can't get it for Dec. 6th, it'll have to wait for us too. The thing is, I don't think we'd eat there on our NOV. 2014 trip either because we're not staying at BLT that trip...it might have to get pushed off to 2016! LOL....(yes, I plan vacas this far out).

I do like that font a lot, it would just be hard to redo in a colored format I think....I like the lettering they did for Love Cats, I have a shirt, it's fun and colored letters, maybe that one?

Yeah, they're great live. I have seen them three times now. Twice (two nights in a row in '85 or '86 I can't remember now) and then in 2008.
I always preferred Simon Gallup...sigh.....

Yes, I did see you that you were using one of their songs and thought that was so cool! :goodvibes

Your musical tastes are for sure eclectic!

Any more updates for us? :hyper:

Are you guys doing the Photopass CD or Photopass Plus pre order? I highly suggest it since it's your wedding/honeymoon trip. How many nights are you there total? I forgot!

Can't wait to hear more updates!

Ok, cool. Glad to have another solid chance of meeting up. We've never eaten at Cali Grill. We've made ressies and cancelled but I really wanted to do it this trip, but I only have it for one specific night in our plans, so if I can't get it for Dec. 6th, it'll have to wait for us too. The thing is, I don't think we'd eat there on our NOV. 2014 trip either because we're not staying at BLT that trip...it might have to get pushed off to 2016! LOL....(yes, I plan vacas this far out).

I do like that font a lot, it would just be hard to redo in a colored format I think....I like the lettering they did for Love Cats, I have a shirt, it's fun and colored letters, maybe that one?

Yeah, they're great live. I have seen them three times now. Twice (two nights in a row in '85 or '86 I can't remember now) and then in 2008.
I always preferred Simon Gallup...sigh.....

Yes, I did see you that you were using one of their songs and thought that was so cool! :goodvibes

Your musical tastes are for sure eclectic!

Any more updates for us? :hyper:

Are you guys doing the Photopass CD or Photopass Plus pre order? I highly suggest it since it's your wedding/honeymoon trip. How many nights are you there total? I forgot!

Can't wait to hear more updates!

Aah, yeah, see I've eaten at Cali Grill before. It's great and I know DF will love it.

I may look again at some fonts for The Cure, but I'm really liking that one, even if I leave it black and white.

We did get the BEO. :faint: I hope to post it this weekend. We are planning to do the PhotoPass+, pre-order! We're going to be there for two weeks, well, *technically* we'll be there for 15 nights. BUT DF doesn't want to go into the parks until after the wedding, so we'll be in parks 10 or 11 days. With all of our character dining, the rides, the Christmas Party, and everything else, it's totally going to be worth it. I read where you can get the photo numbers from friends and family, enter them in manually, or link a card to your account for them. I would like to link some cards to mine so I can get everyone's photos. I'll have to figure that out. I'm sure I'll have another update soon. I have so many things I need to get finished and I'll want to share! ;)

I like the table names a lot. Goes so well with the theming. I saw your BEO and it came out pretty decent in my opinion. Confetti cannon approved by Shane yet??

I like the table names a lot. Goes so well with the theming. I saw your BEO and it came out pretty decent in my opinion. Confetti cannon approved by Shane yet??

Loved the idea for the table names, but turns out they can't do it and I really want the cohesion of all the paper being done by the same company. We're still working on an alternative though. The BEO wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was going to be, but I had to break it gently to DF. LOL Here's the funny part. We've changed a few relatively minor things....but added the CONFETTI CANNONS. This boy will be the death of me for sure. :rolleyes:

I really wish the BEO was as easy to post here as it is to the Facebook group. It's pretty daunting 13 pages of every detail. :crazy2: I was trying to see if I could post it as a photo, but yeah, no. Oh, well, this is not the actual BEO, this is the Invoice. The BEO is just too much for me to post, anyway, here it goes.....

Estimated Invoice

Audio Visual - $2,175.00
Bell Services - $10.00
Entertainment - $10,645.00
Floral & Gifts - $7,026.23
Food & Beverage - $16,538.94
Photo, Video, Digital Graphics - $1,400.00
Transportation - $1,285.18
Event Subtotals - $39,080.35

Here's how it's broken down by event:

Rehearsal Dinner - $895.20
Wedding Ceremony/WP Grand Floridian - $12,906.41
Wedding Cake Delivery Grand Floridian - $106.50
Pre-Reception Grand Floridian, Whitehall Room & Patio - $5,565.94
Reception Grand Floridian, St.Augustine - $16,170.50
Dessert Party Grand Floridian, Sago Cay Pointe - $3,435.80 (changing)
$39,080.35

Here is the detail:

Page 1
Catering Fees and Equipment
(1) Wedding Pavilion Usage @ $3,000.00 per each $3,000.00
Photography, Video & Multimedia
(1) Wishes Video Ceremony Only Package (Non) @ $1,400.00 per each $1,400.00
Transportation
(1) Sedan - One way @ $30.00 per each $30.00
(1) Vans - One way @ $40.00 per each $40.00
(1) Limousine - Charter (3) Hours @ $298.53 per each $298.53
(1) Motorcoach - Charter (9) Hours @ $916.65 per each $916.65
Florist
(1) Floral Wedding Package @ $6,503.50 per each $6,503.50
(1) Floral Delivery Fee @ $100.00 per each $100.00

Video Wishes NnTx $1,400.00
$1,400.00
Catering Fees & Srvcs - MISC $3,000.00 (WP)
Sales Tax - Orange County $195.00
$3,195.00
Transportation $1,285.18
$1,285.18
Floral Wedding Fees (4WF),NTx $100.00
Floral Weddings (4WF), Tx $6,503.50
Sales Tax - Orange County $422.73
$7,026.23
$12,906.41 (Total for page 1, bolded numbers=total)

Page 2
Entertainment
(1) Electric Guitar Player @ $1,200.00 per each $1,200.00 (cut)
(1) Caricature Artist (5 Hours) @ $1,215.00 per each $1,215.00
Bar
(175) Hosted, Signature Brand Bar*ESTIMATE* @ $13.50 per each $2,362.50
(1) Fee, Bartender @ $100.00 per each $100.00

Bar - $2,362.50
Catering Fees & Srvcs - MISC $100.00
Service Charge $496.13
Sales Tax - Orange County $192.31
$3,150.94
Entertainment - Non Tax $2,415.00
$2,415.00
$5,565.94 (Total for top page 2)

(1) White Chocolate Castle @ $100.00 per each $100.00

Catering Fees & Srvcs - MISC $100.00
Sales Tax - Orange County $6.50
$106.50 (Total for bottom page 2)

Page 3
AV and Technical Services
(1) Color Blast Color Change Uplights @ $1,600.00 per each $1,600.00
Entertainment
(1) DJ Wedding Package @ $1,500.00 per each $1,500.00
(1) Tulle Canopy @ $2,605.00 per each $2,605.00 (cut)
(1) Twinkle Light Dance Floor (15x15) @ $2,700.00 per each $2,700.00
Catering Food & Beverage
(1) BRIDE'S MEAL @ $112.00 per Guest $112.00
(1) GROOM'S MEAL @ $112.00 per Guest $112.00
(36) Custom Plated @ $112.00 per Guest $4,032.00
(2) Children's Plated, Donald Duck 2013 @ $27.50 per Guest $55.00
(1) Chef's Choice Vendor Meal @ $26.50 per each $26.50
(50) Wedding Cake - GF Only @ $11.50 per each $575.00
Entertainment
(1) Formal Mickey & Minnie Mouse (1 set) @ $1,425.00 per each $1,425.00
Bell Services
(1) Room Delivery @ $10.00 per each $10.00

Entertainment - Non Tax $8,230.00
$8,230.00
Catering F & B - $4,912.50
Service Charge $1,031.63
Sales Tax - Orange County $386.37
$6,330.50
Bell Services $10.00
$10.00
AV NonTax, No Fees $1,600.00
$1,600.00
$16,170.50 (Total for page 3, bolded)

Page 4
Catering Food & Beverage
(40) Custom Dessert Display @ $55.50 per Guest $2,220.00
AV and Technical Services
(1) WISHES TM Audio Package 1: 01-50 (NT,NF) @ $575.00 per each $575.00

AV NonTax, No Fees $575.00
$575.00
Catering F & B - 9001 $2,220.00
Service Charge $466.20
Sales Tax - Orange County $174.60
$2,860.80
$3,435.80

Ok, I hope this is relatively easy to read. You can't really format anything. We have cut the electric guitarist and the tulle canopy. I started thinking about it and it just seemed like too much. We discussed the guitarist and decided we added him/her out of excitement and not as something we really envisioned. DF had been talking about the tulle light canopy since I can remember, but when I pointed out to him that it would be a little much with the dance floor he said he'd rather have the dance floor. We both came to the conclusion that people would be more inclined to look down at the floor than at the ceiling, we also thought the dance floor would be more of a draw for people to dance. Besides, the chandeliers are so beautiful in the ballrooms, there's hardly a need for more decor there.

We also decided to switch the dessert party to Epcot for an Illuminations viewing. Since DF has never seen either firework display, he left the choice up to me. I wanted to give our guests the opportunity to go into a park since some may not be able to...and why not wear your dress in the park when you can?! I have already made this change, we are now booked for a dessert party at UK Lochside. This also works out well because our wedding day happens to be MVMCP night which means we would have seen Holiday Wishes, and we're going to see that twice already.

Like I said, we didn't really change much. I don't really expect the numbers to change drastically when we get the revised version. We did add the confetti cannons. I can't think of much else....just happy I finally got this taken care of.

OH! Today we bought the guys' shoes and I did a pencil drawing on the canvas for the guest book. If this headache goes away, I may paint it tonight. Here's the pencil drawing:

guestbook_zps6d2b1437.jpg

The bad thing about doing the BEO like this is that the details are lost and then I forget to talk about them. When I posted the BEO on the Facebook page, I had a couple of people ask about a couple of things. I know there was a question about the DJ package and the intermezzo course, here was my answer: "The DJ package is $1,500 and includes the following: DJ, dance floor, lighting for the DJ, lighting for the dance floor, lighting for the cake table, lighting for the head table (sweetheart table), and two themed gobos (gobos are the light images appearing on the wall). We chose the castle with fireworks, but there are several to choose from. The set up is included in the price. The lighted sorbet course is not included, those are just instructions for the DJ. It's the intermezzo course for the dinner. We are having the lighted "glass" or ice slipper (lights will be in multiple colors to keep with the color scheme). What will happen is, when they are ready to serve that course, the DJ will dim the lights in the room and begin playing the Main Street Electrical Parade theme. The servers will then "parade" the lighted slipper out to the tables."

Please feel free to ask questions, I'm happy to answer them. :)

Ooh I must see pictures of these lighted slippers...which kinda makes me sad that SpectroMagic is over, at least I had read that. I hope it's untrue!
So bummed the table names were a no go...but hurrah to confetti cannons!!!!!

Aww, that's too bad they can't do your table names. Is it a copyright issue or something?

You make a good point about the tulle canopy vs. the dance floor. I always find myself look down when I'm dancing, but very rarely to I look up at the ceiling. As far as a longer-term impact, the dance floor definitely sounds like the way to go! The BEO details are really the worst part. As we approached our last day to make final details it was really going back in forth about those small details, like adding the correct address for our photography to be mailed out to or making sure all the times for buses and events and photography were consistent. It took the longest to iron those bits out, and I always felt somehow naggy because sometimes I had to repeat requests for those small details a few times... Anyway, the BEO looks amazing and I can imagine how gorgeous it's going to be with all those details (and I'm sure it will be even MORE amazing than what I can picture!). If you don't mind me asking, you have a bunch of bell services fee in your invoice. Is that how they transfer things around in the resort venues?

Also, I love how the guestbook is shaping up! Can't wait to see it all painted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter