Sharli & Shane's Wishes Wedding 12/1/13 WP/GF

Sharli, I think your invitations are going to ROCK :yay: I love the font, it's romantic and gothic and I think really cool.

I'm sorry you've been kind of down. It kinda sucks when no one is as excited about your big day as you are...it makes sense logically, but emotionally, it feels so big and so important and how come it's not as important to them? I wish your people were making you feel more special!!! Hopefully as the invitations go out, and things start to move a little faster, you'll get that "bride" feeling back...

just try and remember that we're all VERY excited about your wedding annd everything you've planned...I think it's going to be a very fun wedding and all your guests are going to LOVE it.

Love the groomsmen shoes and ties, I think they are perfect. You're right about the black minimizing the discrepancy in the colors...I really like the way they look.

Hang in there and feel free to vent here...

Brooke

Thank you so much for your comment! I read your comment not too long after you posted it (a couple of days maybe) and I actually started crying. I knew planning a wedding would be emotional, but I had no idea. :confused3 I'm so in love with the invitations that I requested for a full version to be mailed to us as well. And I can't tell you how happy just looking at the photo of the groomsmen's shoes makes me. I'm actually thinking about making it my cover photo on FB after the wedding....maybe I'll get a better photo of everyone's shoes from Randy. :lovestruc

I love the romantic gothic look of the invitations. I know the feeling of trying to find just the right font or other detail that makes the whole thing come together. And I think it works here. And I can definitely see the Beauty and the Beast look your friend saw.

Love the groomsmen's shoes and ties, those are going to look so cool when it all comes together with the suits and all the decor you have planned!

Thank you!! I'm loving your TR, btw! I just haven't commented yet, but I'm following along!! :goodvibes

love the proof of the invites and love the shoes with the black suits and matching ties!! I think that will come together really nicely and is such a fun touch to have them in different colors :)

Thank you!! I can't wait to see it all together for real! :goodvibes

Wow Charlie your plans are amazing and I love the groomsmen shoes!!!!! Your posts caught my eye and I started to read them, your a very lucky girl to be marrying the man of your dreams at WDW!!! Enjoy every minute of the planning and don't stress and you'll see everything will come together. I hope you don't mind if I continue to follow your posts, I will be down there at that time and of course I will be keeping my eyes open for you. I have 3 daughters who are already planning their DFTW, now they just have to be old enough to date! LOL. I called WDW when I got engaged.. way back in '89 and they said they didn't do weddings:sad: Can't wait for the big day, your pics will be beautiful you picked a perfect time to get married, the decorations at the holidays make it even more magical. So, the day of your wedding if you see a crazy lady smiling and waving like she knows you and u have no idea who she is it will probably be me :wave2:

Thank you so much! My last post was a bit of a downer, but I'm getting back to where I was before and have really enjoyed the planning process! Please feel free to follow along! We welcome wedding stalkers. :laughing: If you see us, please come say hello! We'll get a photo together! :banana:

The invites are awesome! I love them and am glad they look just the way you wanted :)

Thanks!

CUTE invitations!! I LOVE the font you've chosen!!! :)

Thank you!!

I want to say a special thank you to everyone. The kind words, from here and the ladies on the FB page, have really helped me tremendously (along with encouraging words from DF's and my own moms, of course!). Things are getting better and I have a new outlook on planning! I'm back!! These words go for all who are reading and who have been so supportive here (and on FB if you're there too!)!! On to an update!!

I have a few things to post on...if you're on FB, you've probably already seen most of this....

SO, I have been looking for jewelry boxes to put the girls' necklaces in with no luck. DF and I went to Michael's to look around one day to see if they might have anything. We looked all around the jewelry section, nothing. We decided to ask one of the employees and she said they had what we were looking for and told us where to go.....whomp, whomp. Turned out she confused jewelry *gift* boxes with jewelry organizers.....maybe we should have been more clear. :rolleyes: Well, we gave up and started roaming around the store. I randomly went down the aisle they have with all the decorative paper boxes (like the ones I bought for the girls' gifts) and what did I find? I found small boxes!! I'd never seen these before! I was so happy. DF didn't think they would work, but I knew they would be perfect, so I bought two. The same box for both girls. I wish I'd been able to do that for the larger box, but oh well. Here is a photo:

photo7_zps69f9bb04.jpg

And what it will look like with the necklace:
photo9_zpsb66bdf73.jpg

I added more tissue, but you get the idea.

Next up, my trip to San Antonio. I was not expecting much from this trip. I was so stressed about my family and their lack of interest in having a party or the wedding that I got sick. We went anyway because my family had gone through some last minute planning to get everyone together and because DF and I both had dentist appointments (yes, I travel four hours to go see a dentist...I love him. :lovestruc ). We drove in on Saturday, on the way down, I don't know what happened, but apparently the heating coil (terms from a friend and my brother, I know nothing about cars) cracked or broke or whatever....either way I went to get something off the floor and the bottom of my pant legs were soaking wet, as was the carpet. This was not looking good. Anyway, we kept going and went directly to my uncle's house.

Almost everyone was there. I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised! There was cake, refreshments and even balloons! I got cards for my birthday (which was that Sunday, August 25th) and DF and I got cards, some cash and an adorable gift for a "bridal shower". Here we are at my uncle's house....you can see the balloons in the background (I can tell I'm really tired and not feeling well :laughing: ).

photo13_zps645ea42b.jpg

Here is the gift we got....it will be going on our cake table:

photo8_zps0eb4ffdf.jpg

On Sunday, we went to the jewelry store to get my wedding band:

photo10480x640_zps8332ec40.jpg

That night the best. thing. ever. happened! *NSYNC reunited at the VMAs!! I've convinced myself this was for me. :rotfl: I love them!!! JaaayyyyCeeeee!! Like a little teeny girl! I didn't watch it live because my friends weren't interested, but I was still excited and I watched it later.

Moving on.....at the dentist DF was having some work done. I ended up paying for half of the bill, it was either then or pay it later and I'd much rather get it taken care of as soon as possible.

When we got home there was a package for me...my shoe stickers, which I'd ordered before I left. Now, if I could just figure out which way I want them to go on the shoes.....

This way:
photo11_zps9153460e.jpg

Or this way:
photo12_zps7eb659ee.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'll go with the first. I have also ordered my bridesmaid's hoodie and hanger. We ordered the guys cuff links....we got the groomsmen's in, but are waiting for DF's and my brother's to come. I ordered boutonniere charms for the guys and my crinoline. I'm in the process of ordering my sash, just ironing out the details. I will take photos of everything when it comes in!

Probably my biggest accomplishment right now is that I finished the guest book painting! It turned out better than I thought it would after I'd initially started the lines. I'm pretty proud, it's my first real painting...and all freehand:

photo14_zps09dd9201.jpg

Ok, well, I think that's it until I get some of the other stuff in! I'll be back soon! Oh, and we're at 88 days out!!! :goodvibes

Hey fellow FB disbride :) Just got caught up on your PJ! Loving everything! So excited to see how everything progresses over the next few months!

Love the update! I went through a period of not being interested in wedding planning, I think probably a lot of disbrides go through it, the planning process is just so long and drawn-out. But glad to hear you are encouraged and back to it again!

I love the boxes, what a great find. The necklaces look great in them. And also the guestbook turned out fabulously! Your treble clefs look amazing, I know how tough those are, I cannot do one nicely to save my life. :laughing:

And of course the wedding band is gorgeous!

Hey fellow FB disbride :) Just got caught up on your PJ! Loving everything! So excited to see how everything progresses over the next few months!

Thanks! I'm super excited!!

Love the update! I went through a period of not being interested in wedding planning, I think probably a lot of disbrides go through it, the planning process is just so long and drawn-out. But glad to hear you are encouraged and back to it again!

I love the boxes, what a great find. The necklaces look great in them. And also the guestbook turned out fabulously! Your treble clefs look amazing, I know how tough those are, I cannot do one nicely to save my life. :laughing:

And of course the wedding band is gorgeous!

Thank you! I'm really proud of the guest book. The notes were so much easier than I thought....and it's funny you mention the treble clefs because I told DF that I was most nervous about those and then, after I finished, that I was super happy with them! Luckily, it's very similar to drawing a cursive "S", and I've had a little practice doing those. ;)

I can't wait to get everything I've ordered....the waiting is so hard! Almost everything I ordered is being hand made, so guess I'll be waiting for a bit. I've finalized and ordered my sash. I'm mailing her ribbon to make sure it matches my bracelet and shoes, so that will take a bit longer to get. We sent in a payment to Disney, I'm hoping it's enough to cover everything, but we have to wait to see how many guests will be there. I don't think I ever mentioned that I have ordered some clothes for the honeymoon. I ordered some shorts and t-shirts. I know, it's going to be December, but I'm going to wear footless tights with them and a hoodie. I'm also taking jeans in case it's a little cooler than I anticipate. I still feel like I have SO much left to do...like it's never going to end! Here's what I have left, well, that I can think of....

Pay off mom and brother's hotel
Change mom and brother's flights
Buy park tickets for mom and brother
Buy MVMCP tickets for mom and brother
Order table names, programs and thank you cards
Get my veil
Alterations (scheduled for next week, but I have to pay for it)
Get my mom something to wear for the wedding
Proper undergarments for my dress (I have to do that this weekend!)
Last payment to the photographer
Pay Carolyn Allens
Pay for the sand ceremony vessel
Marriage license
Get our photopass+
Rehearsal dress
Groom's gift

I think that's it. I posted a dress that I thought I'd wear for the rehearsal, but it runs so small! I've lost about 42 lbs and it's still too small, so I want to get something in case I can't fit in it.

My bridesmaid is going to help me with the groom's gift. I'm going to plan a trip. The background is that DF loves baseball. He's always wanted to go around the country and see all of the baseball stadiums. The one he wants to see the most is Wrigley Field in Chicago. So, that's what I'm doing. I'm going to plan a trip for us to Chicago, I'm thinking the first week in July next year. I'm planning on staying for about a week over 4th of July weekend. I'm going to buy tickets for a baseball game, but since those won't be available until next year, I'll give him those for his birthday (most likely along with something else). I'm going to try to get a tour of the stadium and some other fun activities while we're there. Actually, I'm hoping my bridesmaid and her husband will come with us...DF likes travelling with friends and they're super fun!

I have also begun packing stuff for mailing. I have one box with some stuff for the welcome bags, sand for the sand ceremony, and glow bracelets. Did I ever say we bought those? We've had them for a while....I was originally planning to put them in the welcome bags, but since we added the DP, we'll be putting them and glow necklaces on the tables there. I'll have another box with the bridal party gifts and the little things I don't want to forget like the pokitpal, sashes, my extensions, my bracelet and necklace, the personalized hanger for my dress photos, etc. I'm also going to mail over some personal items like shampoo and conditioner, body wash, lotion, etc. We are going to be there for 15 nights and there's no way 4ozs of shampoo will last me that long....especially if I would like to shower more than once a day (unlikely, but you never know). I have packed the shorts and some tops for the trip.

If anyone can think of anything I'm forgetting to do before the wedding, please feel free to comment. I have this overwhelming feeling that I'm going to forget something. :hyper:

Gah, I'm a slacker! You already know how I feel a lot all your plans via Facebook. Love the guest book. So perfect for your theme!
You can't go wrong with glow bracelets. I'm 30 and I still love them. I am glad you're more positive because I love your plans and enjoy reading about them.

Everything is coming together so well! I love your guest book idea and it came out wonderful! I still can't decide what to do for our guest book! We have a very small guest count and I'm thinking about a matte for our guests to sign and then put in a wedding picture!

I have a question what is photopass+? How is it different from the photopass.

Thanks so much. I can't believe how close you are!!

You to-do list is looking really good! Not too bad, everything is coming together! I love the gift you're doing for your DF. It sounds like such a fun trip, and a really special gift too.

That's a good idea to mail over personal items. I wish I'd done that, although I guess I did not too bad with the packing. There were a few days I ended up showering more than once a day, so I hear you on the 4oz shampoo bottles!

:wave2: Hi Charlie! following over from my planning journal to check yours out so just a little heads up i'm replying as i read so this could get LONG!!! ;) popcorn::

first off 2 months (ish) to go for u :woohoo: are u excited?????
(ps do u prefer Charlie or Sharli??)

i love how u go home and get changed into your jammies i do that too if i know i'm not going anywhere because they're so comfy :rotfl:
the proposal sounds so sweet and your ring is gorgeous :goodvibes (very similar to mine but yours looks like it has bigger stones in it :) )
i love the multicoloured colour scheme for the wedding(especially the roses!) and that the 1st of December ties in with your grandparents anniversary, its a perfect way to remember them.:littleangel:

the e-pics look fab so cute :cutie:
i love that your both against doing a first look, while i'm not traditional we also both agree that we don't want to see each other before the wedding for the same reasons you both have. I cant wait to see his face when i walk down the aisle towards him. atleast i'm a 11am ceremony so wont have to wait long on the wedding day lol
oh and the chinese lantern festival pictures are AMAZING! love them <3

i definitely need to look into getting hoodies made for getting ready in its something i really want as well as tank tops and a tshirt with a mickey word bubble for all the guests(all 9 of them)

me and fiance love rock and metal music as well we've decided to go with disney songs for the ceremony and add the more rock aspect to our at home receptions music since theres more music being played there so we dont need to miss out any songs we love :cool1:

i am in love with your invitations :lovestruc they are perfect with the castle and tink :goodvibes i'm a little mad i couldnt get something as cool as that! :mad:

the dress is gonna look perfect after all the alterations. are u keeping the same colour of belt on it? (it looks red/maroon to me in the picture so wondered if u were changing it to a hot pink to match the bracelet u posted)

a surprise dessert party would be amazing for u and your guests pixiedust: hope u can work some magic and fit it into the budget. I'm kinda sad that we only have 10 adults and 1 child in total including us otherwise i'd have done a dessert party too. just seems like a waste for so few people :sad:

the fake mohawk idea is great i think it looks so cool and unique! as does the hair chalking i'v never heard of it before! it fits the rock and roll theme perfectly :rockband: i may have to steal a few of your hair photos as i'm struggling with mine, i know what i want but i cant seem to find any pictures of it being done previously with a tiara so i just dunno what it will look like. guess i need to keep searching :scratchin

:eek: WOW at the rehearsal dress i normally dont like lace but this dress is stunning! it will look fabulous on :goodvibes
U sure went through a lot of shoes before finding the perfect ones but i love the ones u ended up with :yay:

again with the multicolouredness for the flowers and ties and cons it looks so good :rainbow:

i'm excited to see how ur sand ceremony turns out. i love the idea of the sand ceremony and it being something we can keep forever that will remind us of our day but i just dont see it surviving a 9hour flight plus and hour or so car journey without the sand majorly shifting :scratchin

the bridesmaid/MOH dresses and necklaces look perfect i'd love to be asked to wear something like that to a wedding or even just to a night out/special occasion i :love: them

i love the mickey wave cake and the changing your making will fit your wedding as well as making it a unique cake instead of the same as everyone elses mickey wave cake. i'm using the mickey wave for my at home reception cake but with a few changes as well

its how its all coming together at the planning session with the dance floor and the guitarist etc i'm having an acoustic guitarist at our ceremony but if i think i might see if they can play some soft rock songs in a romantic way (this ideas just came to me while reading your PJ as so far we've only discussed having the guitarist play disney songs) it must be so exciting having the planning session and i can see how easy it could b to get carried away! :bride:

:yay: i'm so glad to find another disbride who also loves universal (especially harry potter!) :teeth: i'm harry potter mad and universal studios and islands of adventure are some of my favourite parks in florida. I love disney and the magical feelings etc :goodvibes but i'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie, i need some big rollercoasters and thrill rides which disney just doesnt do :p

the BM and MOH presents are great ;) they're very lucky girls!!!!!!

i like the guest book canvas sketches, i'm glad u went with the musical note one in the end, i liked the carriage too but i prefer the notes plus they again tie in with your theme better.

OMG your font for the invitations etc!! i recognised it immediately! :scared1: its called bleeding cowboys :-)crazy2:) and its the same font as a tattoo i have! its a small world after all pixiedust: it feels very rock and roll though which is why i picked it :thumbsup2

i love the mickey and minnie ornament its too cute! :cutie: and the wedding band looks perfect with your e-ring. i'm glad to see someone else will be having stones in both their rings. my wedding band has lots of stones in it and i loved it at first until my mum said wedding bands should be plain and she didnt like it, said it was more like and eternity ring than a wedding ring. i know her opinion shouldnt matter but somehow it always does. anywayz now everytime i see someones ring finger (whether they're just married or many years married) i notice that everyone has plain and simple bands. oh well cant change mine now anywayz so i'm glad i'm not the only one with 2 sparkling rings! :angel:

the guestbook canvas rocks!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: your talented (well more than me anywayz) :artist:

NOT LONG TO GO NOW!!!!!! it seems like your on top of things even though u feel the opposite! the things you have to do are not major things :) pixiedust: sending pixie dust to help u finish everything and i'm subscribing so i can keep on reading. I'm in love with your wedding and i cant wait to see how it all turns out! popcorn:: :wave2:

Debra
xXx

Gah, I'm a slacker! You already know how I feel a lot all your plans via Facebook. Love the guest book. So perfect for your theme!
You can't go wrong with glow bracelets. I'm 30 and I still love them. I am glad you're more positive because I love your plans and enjoy reading about them.

You're not a slacker! LOL Yes, I know how you feel. Thank you for coming back and reading even though you see everything via FB. :flower3:

Everything is coming together so well! I love your guest book idea and it came out wonderful! I still can't decide what to do for our guest book! We have a very small guest count and I'm thinking about a matte for our guests to sign and then put in a wedding picture!

I have a question what is photopass+? How is it different from the photopass.

Thanks so much. I can't believe how close you are!!

Thank you! I LOVE when guests sign the matte for a photo! I have a friend who did this with their engagement photo and it is really beautiful. I got to see it hanging in their home and I loved it so much I almost changed my mind on the painting.

The PhotoPass + is different from the regular PhotoPass in that you will get ride photos and character dining photos for select rides and character dining. It just so happens, we are doing a lot of character dining, most of which are included....and we will get on most, if not all, of the rides. Even if you only use it for the rides or character dining, it pays for itself after just a few. The PP+ is $150 if you pre-purchase it online, if you purchase at the park I think it's $200. I hope that helps. There is a ton of information on the Disney site and I'm pretty sure there's a thread on this board discussing the PP+. :goodvibes

You to-do list is looking really good! Not too bad, everything is coming together! I love the gift you're doing for your DF. It sounds like such a fun trip, and a really special gift too.

That's a good idea to mail over personal items. I wish I'd done that, although I guess I did not too bad with the packing. There were a few days I ended up showering more than once a day, so I hear you on the 4oz shampoo bottles!

Yeah, I realized how well I'm doing after I posted. It's actually a lot smaller than I thought. AND I get to mark a few things off of it since my last update! I'm so excited about DF's gift. I was thinking about getting a travel agent to help, but my friend offered, and she's so great at finding deals! I may have to figure out a creative way to tell him since the likelihood of having a flight itinerary by the time we leave is not looking good. I'll have to look online to see if I can find a small replica of Wrigley Field....something like that.

Normally, I would just buy extra there, but I'm not sure I want to pay WDW prices for some shampoo that probably won't even be what I need and leave my hair gross. Honestly, I'm not sure who thought 4 ozs of anything would be enough if someone is on an extended trip (it's barely enough for a week), but I don't make the rules. Actually, I doubt is was a woman at all, but I digress. :laughing:

Hi Charlie! following over from my planning journal to check yours out so just a little heads up i'm replying as i read so this could get LONG!!!

first off 2 months (ish) to go for u are u excited?????
(ps do u prefer Charlie or Sharli??)

i love how u go home and get changed into your jammies i do that too if i know i'm not going anywhere because they're so comfy
the proposal sounds so sweet and your ring is gorgeous (very similar to mine but yours looks like it has bigger stones in it )
i love the multicoloured colour scheme for the wedding(especially the roses!) and that the 1st of December ties in with your grandparents anniversary, its a perfect way to remember them.

the e-pics look fab so cute
i love that your both against doing a first look, while i'm not traditional we also both agree that we don't want to see each other before the wedding for the same reasons you both have. I cant wait to see his face when i walk down the aisle towards him. atleast i'm a 11am ceremony so wont have to wait long on the wedding day lol
oh and the chinese lantern festival pictures are AMAZING! love them <3

i definitely need to look into getting hoodies made for getting ready in its something i really want as well as tank tops and a tshirt with a mickey word bubble for all the guests(all 9 of them)

me and fiance love rock and metal music as well we've decided to go with disney songs for the ceremony and add the more rock aspect to our at home receptions music since theres more music being played there so we dont need to miss out any songs we love

i am in love with your invitations they are perfect with the castle and tink :goodvibes i'm a little mad i couldnt get something as cool as that!

the dress is gonna look perfect after all the alterations. are u keeping the same colour of belt on it? (it looks red/maroon to me in the picture so wondered if u were changing it to a hot pink to match the bracelet u posted)

a surprise dessert party would be amazing for u and your guests hope u can work some magic and fit it into the budget. I'm kinda sad that we only have 10 adults and 1 child in total including us otherwise i'd have done a dessert party too. just seems like a waste for so few people

the fake mohawk idea is great i think it looks so cool and unique! as does the hair chalking i'v never heard of it before! it fits the rock and roll theme perfectly i may have to steal a few of your hair photos as i'm struggling with mine, i know what i want but i cant seem to find any pictures of it being done previously with a tiara so i just dunno what it will look like. guess i need to keep searching

WOW at the rehearsal dress i normally dont like lace but this dress is stunning! it will look fabulous on
U sure went through a lot of shoes before finding the perfect ones but i love the ones u ended up with

again with the multicolouredness for the flowers and ties and cons it looks so good

i'm excited to see how ur sand ceremony turns out. i love the idea of the sand ceremony and it being something we can keep forever that will remind us of our day but i just dont see it surviving a 9hour flight plus and hour or so car journey without the sand majorly shifting

the bridesmaid/MOH dresses and necklaces look perfect i'd love to be asked to wear something like that to a wedding or even just to a night out/special occasion i :love: them

i love the mickey wave cake and the changing your making will fit your wedding as well as making it a unique cake instead of the same as everyone elses mickey wave cake. i'm using the mickey wave for my at home reception cake but with a few changes as well

its how its all coming together at the planning session with the dance floor and the guitarist etc i'm having an acoustic guitarist at our ceremony but if i think i might see if they can play some soft rock songs in a romantic way (this ideas just came to me while reading your PJ as so far we've only discussed having the guitarist play disney songs) it must be so exciting having the planning session and i can see how easy it could b to get carried away! :bride:

i'm so glad to find another disbride who also loves universal (especially harry potter!) i'm harry potter mad and universal studios and islands of adventure are some of my favourite parks in florida. I love disney and the magical feelings etc but i'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie, i need some big rollercoasters and thrill rides which disney just doesnt do :p

the BM and MOH presents are great ;) they're very lucky girls!!!!!!

i like the guest book canvas sketches, i'm glad u went with the musical note one in the end, i liked the carriage too but i prefer the notes plus they again tie in with your theme better.

OMG your font for the invitations etc!! i recognised it immediately! its called bleeding cowboys :-)crazy2:) and its the same font as a tattoo i have! its a small world after all pixiedust: it feels very rock and roll though which is why i picked it :thumbsup2

i love the mickey and minnie ornament its too cute! and the wedding band looks perfect with your e-ring. i'm glad to see someone else will be having stones in both their rings. my wedding band has lots of stones in it and i loved it at first until my mum said wedding bands should be plain and she didnt like it, said it was more like and eternity ring than a wedding ring. i know her opinion shouldnt matter but somehow it always does. anywayz now everytime i see someones ring finger (whether they're just married or many years married) i notice that everyone has plain and simple bands. oh well cant change mine now anywayz so i'm glad i'm not the only one with 2 sparkling rings! :angel:

the guestbook canvas rocks!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: your talented (well more than me anywayz) :artist:

NOT LONG TO GO NOW!!!!!! it seems like your on top of things even though u feel the opposite! the things you have to do are not major things :) pixiedust: sending pixie dust to help u finish everything and i'm subscribing so i can keep on reading. I'm in love with your wedding and i cant wait to see how it all turns out! popcorn:: :wave2:

Debra
xXx

:wave2: Debra!!

Thank you for all the compliments! You can call me Sharli. :goodvibes

The multi-color theme just really makes me happy. I smile when I see all the different colors, and I'm truly excited about having the same anniversary as my grandparents. My mom is always saying how much DF and I are like them.

I'll be using a different color belt that what is in that photo. Actually, I'll update again soon and post a few photos from my first fitting, which was this past Tuesday. I took everything because I needed a veil and didn't want to end up having it be too much....I just know I'd immediately be drawn to anything with sparkle. :laughing:

We are definitely going through with the DP! We just love the idea of sending everyone off with fireworks. A DP is never a waste, no matter how few people. :cutie:

Feel free to use any photos of the hair, they're fair game since I just took them off the internet. What kind of style are you going for?

I'm not a huge fan of lace....well, it's absolutely beautiful, just not for my style. I'm not sure what drew me to that dress. I will say that it still doesn't fit, so I bought something else. I just need to make sure the new one will fit. I ordered it online so hopefully I'll get it soon so I can try it on. Shoes are a big deal for me....I have to find the perfect ones. Always. It seems strange, but I actually don't own many shoes because I'm so picky.

OMG, the sand ceremony vessel has been a huge pain! We can't seem to get the glass blowing place to contact us. It's SO frustrating because I want them to make it...since it's the gallery owner's design. I just don't understand why they won't contact us....we're *trying* to give them money! :laughing: Oddly, I'm not too worried about the sand shifting. My mom said she would carry it back on the plane with her...I just have to make sure she'll be able to do it and not get hung up in security.

We cut the guitarist, but I'm so happy it inspired you! I love the idea of the acoustic guitarist playing softer rock songs....or they could even take some rougher (for lack of a better word right now, harder maybe?) songs and make them sound softer. I love the difference between the original version of Foo Fighters' Everlong and the acoustic version. I definitely think you should do that since you and your DF love rock music so much! And we adore the dance floor...I can't wait to see it!

I must say that I liked Universal Studios (as a whole) more than I thought I would. I prefer the IoA more than Universal because of the thrill rides and I would definitely go back again.

I'm really happy I went with the notes on the guest book too. It really turned out better than I thought. Every time I look at it I am more pleased with it. And I agree, it goes much better with our theme.

I can't believe you recognize the font! I'm truly in love with it....I wish I had something else to use it on. LOL

I say you should have as many stones as you want in your engagement ring AND your wedding band! The original plan was to have an eternity band, where the diamonds go all the way around....and I will eventually have that (and a larger center stone :rolleyes1), but it will be after several years...5 or 10. I'm perfectly happy with what I have. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't have something because it's not what "most" people do. You should do what feels right for you! If that means stones in your wedding band, then you should have stones in your wedding band! You can tell your mom I said so! :laughing:

Thanks again for all of your lovely comments. I appreciate you reading along! I'll be back to post an update soon!!

Ok, hello everyone!! Here is the update I promised!! This will be a picture heavy post.

I got almost everything in I ordered....mostly it's just fashion and is more to do with the honeymoon than the wedding. LOL Apparently, my crinoline was delivered, but they didn't give it to DF when he went in to collect all the packages. I forgot to take a photo of the dress I bought as a potential back up in case I don't fit in the black lace one. I'm not sure what it is about buying clothing online, but everything I get seems to shrink during delivery. Almost everything I bought was too small...and I ordered my normal size, read reviews and even double checked the size charts. SO, the dress fits everywhere except my hips where it fits a little more snug than I'd like. Boo.

Anyway, on to the wedding stuff we got that will work. First up, the guys' cufflinks! I'm super happy with all of them....

From left to right: my brother's (he's a DJ, so he's getting turntables), DF's (his are the album art from his favorite musician, Tom Petty), best man (DF's dad, Fender guitar picks), groomsman (DF's brother, guitars)
menscufflinks_zpsdcf99e67.jpg

I got my sash! I love it, and I'm very happy with it and I can't wait to see it with my dress.
sash_zpsa58618cb.jpg

Finally, I had my first dress fitting! They're shortening the bodice (which apparently my store *never* does for anyone...I was told this by more than one person) and they're also putting a corset in....this time. I'm hoping I can call them and perhaps get them to attach my crinoline so it won't have to be a seperate piece. For the next fitting, they will take up the hem (if needed).

I did my hair similar to the way it will be on the big day...I will have a lot more hair with the extensions and it won't be quite this messy. I had to tease it a lot to get it to look full because I have thin hair. Here's a photo of that:

hair_zps3cbf8437.jpg

I'm not going to lie, most of these are terrible photos. My mom was just clicking away and she's not too keen on technology....or apparently telling me when she's taking a photo. :sad2: SO, ignore my face in those....she did manage to get one good one! :yay: Oh! And because I've never seen the back of my dress, I had her take photos of my train. I wanted to see how long it was going to be.

Sidebar: When I initially tried on the dress, I had just started my diet. I think I briefly posted about that here. To this point, I have lost about 42 lbs (might be more, I weigh in tomorrow). I recognize this because that's what the scale says and my clothes don't fit the same, or really at all, anymore. Everyone has been telling me they can see a difference and I blush and tell them thank you. BUT when I look in the mirror...well, everything looks the same. *I* don't SEE a change.

Back to the dress....here's the train:
dresstrain2_zpse489148b.jpg

dresstrain1_zps12f09ceb.jpg

My back looks strange because they've pinned the corset into the back of the dress. I keep having to remind myself of that....my back *does* arch and I *do* have a tush. :laughing: You are NOT seeing double! The girl next to me getting her dressed hemmed had almost the same dress as I do. Crazy!
dressbackfull_zps68d08937.jpg

The front: Now, because they are shortening the bodice, they wanted to make sure I would be happy with where it ended up, so they have pinned the very top ruffle layer where the bodice will end after alteration. It won't be shorter, or stick out. When I showed my MOH the photos she said, "Why is that ruffle sticking up?" and "You know the virgo in me wants to reach into the photo and fix it!" I knew exactly what she meant, since we have the same birthday, I'm also a virgo and kept wanting to fix it. :laughing:

dressfront1_zps638513ec.jpg

Next is the full front, no accessories.

dressfrontfull_zps9bd142b6.jpg

I took the accessories I had because I knew I needed to buy a veil. I also knew what I had as far as accessories was going to be plenty (if not too much) already and I didn't want the veil to put me way over the top. I know myself and, if confronted with an embellished veil.....well, let's just say, I'd have been WAY over the top. Here I am with accessories (here's where the photos go bad LOL):

With a belt....ok, this is not my belt. If you recognize it, it's actually my bracelet. I'd cut the ribbon super long and never shortened it....which ended up working out really well. Of course, my actual sash (or belt), pictured above, has bling on it....and remember, the bracelet is also blinged out. Scream at me if it's too much.

dresswithbelt_zps37247e58.jpg

Here I've added more accessories...my necklace and they brought me a veil!

dressaccessoreis1_zps19a07902.jpg

dressaccessoreis2_zpsaf2e9318.jpg

Here's the good picture....the sassy look. :lmao:
dresssassy_zps8a817520.jpg

Back to what I was saying about the dieting and not being able to see the difference in my body. At one point, I told DF I wanted to get dressed in the same clothes from the engagement shoot and kind of "reinact" our engagement photos so I could see myself from that POV and compare my "old" body to my "new" body. Obviously, we didn't do that....I also know it sounds completely crazy. :crazy2: BUT I had a chance to do it after the fitting.....

sidebyside_zps1e15bb71.jpg

I really am proud of myself. I was having such an issue seeing the change that I was thinking about adding a sleeve or a jacket to my dress to cover my arms. But now I'm ok with them. I'm so excited about everything. I'm also very encouraged to keep going....I want to lose another 20 lbs or so before the wedding. It will be ok if I don't, but my dress and (more importantly) my honeymoon clothes will fit much better if I'm able to accomplish this goal.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. I'll post a photo of the crinoline...probably later today or next week. Thanks for reading! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

I wanted to say congrats on the weight loss! I know it's a difficult thing to do. I hope you make your goal of another 20 lbs! I need to get my own butt in gear! I've been doing pretty good with the dieting/eating right but the exercise is another story.

Thank you for the info about the Photopass+! I'm really considering it as we have plans to go to SoA and CRT! My only question is about getting prints! You have to pay extra for the prints that you want from them but with the cd can you print them at like Walgreens or some other place?

Your almost at the 2 month mark!! How exciting. Everything is coming together so well. I really like your cuff links :)

Have a great day
Jodi

Hey Jodi!!! I got the photopass+ for my family vacation this past year-- it was great!!! Anywhere you'd have to purchase a print from those character dining places we got it included with photopass+. We ALSO got a cd of all the images we took with every photopass photographer! It was amazing! I've been able to take that cd and get tons of prints whenever I want/need!

Hello! So I've been following your PJ for several months now (as a girlfriend-hoping-for-DFTW-someday lurker) but now that I am engaged myself I feel like I can come out of lurkdom and comment! I've been loving your PJ so far and it's so exciting to see everything coming together!

WOWEE! If I may, you can TOTALLY see the progress you have made with your weight loss - you are simply glowing! Congratulations!

Congratulations on your weight loss! Your dress looks absolutely amazing on you, I cannot wait to see the whole look on the big day!!

Congratulations on your weight loss, that is absolutely amazing! You look stunning in your dress! I just cannot wait to see the whole ensemble together on your wedding day, it's just going to be so indescribably fabulous!

Also those cufflinks are so cool! I wish I had thought of guitar pick cufflinks for my dad, they would have gone over SO well! I love them all!

I LOVE pic heavy updates!!! :goodvibes

I just want to say your dress is gorgeous and I can't wait to see you in it. :goodvibes

(at your DP).

LOVE the cufflinks too! very cool!

I wanted to say congrats on the weight loss! I know it's a difficult thing to do. I hope you make your goal of another 20 lbs! I need to get my own butt in gear! I've been doing pretty good with the dieting/eating right but the exercise is another story.

Thank you for the info about the Photopass+! I'm really considering it as we have plans to go to SoA and CRT! My only question is about getting prints! You have to pay extra for the prints that you want from them but with the cd can you print them at like Walgreens or some other place?

Your almost at the 2 month mark!! How exciting. Everything is coming together so well. I really like your cuff links :)

Have a great day
Jodi

I'm already 3.4lbs down for my goal of an additional 20lbs! You're welcome for the info. You get a disc with the photopass + so you can make as many prints as you like of your photos (I'm pretty sure someone already answered this question for you though :goodvibes ). I love the cufflinks, so happy with them!

Hello! So I've been following your PJ for several months now (as a girlfriend-hoping-for-DFTW-someday lurker) but now that I am engaged myself I feel like I can come out of lurkdom and comment! I've been loving your PJ so far and it's so exciting to see everything coming together!

WOWEE! If I may, you can TOTALLY see the progress you have made with your weight loss - you are simply glowing! Congratulations!

Congratulations on getting engaged!! How exciting! Thank you! :blush: I'm still working at it, but I'm very happy with my results so far.

Congratulations on your weight loss! Your dress looks absolutely amazing on you, I cannot wait to see the whole look on the big day!!

Thank you!!

Congratulations on your weight loss, that is absolutely amazing! You look stunning in your dress! I just cannot wait to see the whole ensemble together on your wedding day, it's just going to be so indescribably fabulous!

Also those cufflinks are so cool! I wish I had thought of guitar pick cufflinks for my dad, they would have gone over SO well! I love them all!

Aww, thank you! All the turkey burgers and plain rice cakes are paying off!! :laughing: The sad part is, I really like the rice cakes! The guitar picks are actually my favorite, with the turntables a very close second.

I LOVE pic heavy updates!!! :goodvibes

I just want to say your dress is gorgeous and I can't wait to see you in it. :goodvibes

(at your DP).

LOVE the cufflinks too! very cool!

Thanks, Lori! I'm super excited about everything!! I can't wait to meet you and your DH! :)

Wow! It's been a while since I've updated!! Work has been kind of crazy, but it's the invitees who have had me the most stressed out! Does no one know you're supposed to return an RSVP whether you plan to come to the event or not?! SO frustrating!!!

I'll try to update soon.....there's lots to share!! Only 24 days left before the wedding!! 21 before we leave!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter